The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Closed Thread

Old July 27 2011, 08:41 PM   #556
Aldo
Admiral

Re: AVENGERS - movie Discussion, News, Interviews, Pics till release 2

Broccoli wrote: View Post
Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
That would make sense based on the character art poster we saw. I'm seriously really looking forward to this movie. Just to see Whedon's dialogue for all the characters.
Iron Man: Pop culture reference.
Thor: Snobby Pop culture reference.
Cap: Confused pop culture reference.
Hulk: HULK POP CULTURE REFERENCE!
Hawkeye: Pop culture reference.

Then Black Widow will come in and beat them all up at once with relative ease.

You forgot the phrase "I get that."

Seriously, I love Joss and his tv work, but the phrase "I get that." Is spoken at least once in every episode of Buffy's sixth season, which I am currently going through via netflix right now.

What I think we can (and I hope) expect from Joss, is subverting some genre cliches.
Old July 27 2011, 09:40 PM   #557
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

captcalhoun wrote: View Post
i'd rahter pay to have them kiss me...
For the win!
Old July 27 2011, 09:46 PM   #558
Wereghost
Part-time poltergeist.

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
In a panel at SDCC Kevin Friege had some tidbits about Hulk in the forthcoming The Avengers for next May.

He’ll be about the same size he was in “The Incredible Hulk” [which was about 9 feet tall] or maybe a little bit smaller. His muscles won’t be quite as cut. We figure he’s been the Hulk now for a few years and [his physique is changing]. He’s not as cut or as ripped as he was in “The Incredible Hulk.” The most important thing is that face. As you can already see in that concept painting, it is — more than any Hulk that’s ever been done in live action — a Hulk that let’s you see the actor in there. You will be able to see Ruffalo in there. .... So we did a few designs that put Ruffalo into it, and we immediately saw how much more you feel for the creature. When you keep that connection going between Banner and the Hulk and you have characters around him trying to reach Banner inside — “Bruce, calm down,” and all of that classic Hulk stuff — it means more if you see the same actor throughout.
This is all good news. I think nine feet tall turned out to be marginally too much. The Hulk needs to be able to interact convincingly in a scene with other characters and with set eklements. Can't have people straining their necks too much, etc.
Old July 27 2011, 11:53 PM   #559
Creepy Critter
Admiral

My favorite scene with the Hulk in either movie is with Betty at the cave. I was actually sitting on pins and needles hoping he wasn't going to crunch her.
Old July 28 2011, 12:25 AM   #560
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

I actually really enjoy "The Incredible Hulk" and have seen it multiple times and was one of the fans really disappointed that Marvel couldn't come to terms with Ed Norton. I'm sure Mark Ruffalo will do a great job and I'm intrigued to see his take on the character but Norton and Tyler kind of made the movie for me.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Old July 28 2011, 03:27 AM   #561
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

iO9 sat down with Joss Whedon and talked The Avengers and CBM has reposted some excerpts.

Well I have to say, I did a scene recently with Scarlett [Johansson] and Mark [Ruffalo], and Mark was amazing, he's so soulful, he's so good, I was like ‘oh this is wonderful.' We turned over to Scarlett's side and I'm like she's really bringing it and there's something I can't describe, there's something amazing about what she's doing, and I just don't know how to describe it, and I was really trying to work it out, like really trying to figure out what is the thing, the X-factor and I realized I've been filming guys for a while now. ..... ..But the fact is, at the end of the day, everybody is posturing, everybody is trying to one-up the other person, whether it's a conversation or a fight or the movie as a whole, so it's a very macho thing. Although there is a lot of angst and a lot of human drama — which are the reasons you go to the movie....
At the link is another link to i09 where you can watch the video interview in full.
Old July 28 2011, 04:40 AM   #562
JD
Admiral

I actually really enjoy "The Incredible Hulk" and have seen it multiple times and was one of the fans really disappointed that Marvel couldn't come to terms with Ed Norton. I'm sure Mark Ruffalo will do a great job and I'm intrigued to see his take on the character but Norton and Tyler kind of made the movie for me.
Do we know if Ruffalo signed on for more than one movie? I'm kinda wondering if Bruce Banner is going to be played by a different actor in every movie in which he appears.
Old July 28 2011, 04:46 AM   #563
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I'm pretty sure he signed a multi-picture deal when he signed. Cobie Smulders signed a nine picture deal.

Old July 28 2011, 04:50 AM   #564
Obiwanshinobi
Rear Admiral

Well at least she'll be woefly employed once How I Met Your Mother ends, if it ever ends.
Old July 28 2011, 04:55 AM   #565
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

It got renewed recently for another three years...but yeah.

Old July 28 2011, 03:54 PM   #566
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

iO9 sat down with Joss Whedon and talked The Avengers and CBM has reposted some excerpts.

Well I have to say, I did a scene recently with Scarlett [Johansson] and Mark [Ruffalo], and Mark was amazing, he's so soulful, he's so good, I was like ‘oh this is wonderful.' We turned over to Scarlett's side and I'm like she's really bringing it and there's something I can't describe, there's something amazing about what she's doing, and I just don't know how to describe it, and I was really trying to work it out, like really trying to figure out what is the thing, the X-factor and I realized I've been filming guys for a while now. ..... ..But the fact is, at the end of the day, everybody is posturing, everybody is trying to one-up the other person, whether it's a conversation or a fight or the movie as a whole, so it's a very macho thing. Although there is a lot of angst and a lot of human drama — which are the reasons you go to the movie....
At the link is another link to i09 where you can watch the video interview in full.
That sounds like it could be the leaked page from SLJ's script.
Old July 28 2011, 03:57 PM   #567
Obiwanshinobi
Rear Admiral

Turtletrekker wrote: View Post

That sounds like it could be the leaked page from SLJ's script.

Old July 28 2011, 04:29 PM   #568
davejames
Vice Admiral

Even with Norton, I thought the movie was just okay. But I still would have liked to have seen him again, for continuities sake.
Old July 29 2011, 03:58 AM   #569
Bird of Prey
Fleet Captain

The ending scene from Captain America has been posted, along with a short version of the after credits scene for the

Old July 29 2011, 04:05 AM   #570
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Collider via Yahoo!Movies has printed, with permission one assumes, some slowed down images from The Avengers teaser post-credits Captain America.

Closed Thread