Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Closed Thread

Old April 12 2012, 11:47 PM   #2281
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

Re: AVENGERS - movie Discussion, News, Interviews, Pics till release 2

The content of the post-credits scene has been revealed:

Old April 13 2012, 12:03 AM   #2282
Procutus
Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Chances are this movie will exceed my expectations rather than disappoint them, and they're already pretty high as it is

Basically AY, that mirrors my thoughts too. I've been psyched for this ever since we first saw the sets in Cleveland last August. All of the clips I've seen have just reinforced my anticipation of this.
Old April 13 2012, 12:37 AM   #2283
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Timby wrote: View Post

To read or not to read that is the question.
I'm opting out for now going to try and save somethings for the film.

Is it really cool sounding though?!
Old April 13 2012, 12:46 AM   #2284
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

That isn't what I meant. I meant that Thor could banter with Loki in general. I wasn't referring to that specific scene. As others have mentioned, that's classic Tony
Gotcha!

-Elsa on what she learned from Anna
Old April 13 2012, 12:48 AM   #2285
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

@Captain Craig...it's cool and expected

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Old April 13 2012, 02:02 AM   #2286
The Scrooge Doctor
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via AIM to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Yahoo to The Scrooge Doctor

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Old April 13 2012, 02:09 AM   #2287
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Emh wrote: View Post

That would be awesome except that...

Old April 13 2012, 02:12 AM   #2288
Santa Kang
Fleet Admiral

Emh wrote: View Post

Old April 13 2012, 02:34 AM   #2289
Ugly Sweater
Trekker4747

Thor wouldn't be able to distractedly banter with Loki, they'd get in their usual brotherly blood feud and then there'd be noogies, purple nurples, and usual brotherly fighting. Tony Stark's power comes from his ability to banter with Loki on somewhat the same level as him which is saying a lot when it's a discussion between a demigod and a mortal man.

I wonder if explanation is given on why Asgard isn't stepping in to stop Loki's plans like they did to stop the Frost Giants' go at Earth? Seems to me they'd see themselves as being just as "responsible" for Loki as they would the Frost Giants. (I'm guessing whoever Loki gets "fully back", how Thor gets back precludes any involvement from Asgard.)
Old April 13 2012, 02:44 AM   #2290
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

@Captain Craig...it's cool and expected
Thank you sir, expected then. That narrows it down then!!
Old April 13 2012, 02:53 AM   #2291
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post

I wonder if explanation is given on why Asgard isn't stepping in to stop Loki's plans like they did to stop the Frost Giants' go at Earth? Seems to me they'd see themselves as being just as "responsible" for Loki as they would the Frost Giants. (I'm guessing whoever Loki gets "fully back", how Thor gets back precludes any involvement from Asgard.)
I'm gonna guess the Bifrost is still broken, and Thor gets back some other way that is impractical for the armies of Asgard.
Old April 13 2012, 03:35 AM   #2292
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Trailer Addict has posted 20 minutes of behind the scenes footage in four different clips.

I wouldn't personally classify any of the footage as being "spolier" material given what we've already seen, but as everyone's definition of a "spoiler" is different, be cautious when viewing.

Note in the first clip that Hawkeye is firing "blanks" from his bow, the arrows presumably to be CGI'd in later. Also-- Joss wearing a "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" jacket.
Old April 13 2012, 04:14 AM   #2293
Caliburn24
Commodore

The music from those 20 B-roll minutes is from Silvestri's Avengers score? I was not impressed at all. Very bland.

Of course one of the major failings of the Marvel movies so far is the lack of distinctive musical themes or leitmotifs for any of the main characters. So I guess it is unreasonable to assume any major change in creative philosophy at this point.
Old April 13 2012, 06:29 AM   #2294
JD
Admiral

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
Spoiler

Most of the Loki VS Stark banter intact

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/0411/avengers.html
I've watched that scene three times, and I've been trying to find a way to formulate what I don't like about it, and I think the best way to put it is: There's no tension. Seriously, there's no tension at all, considering that it's a middle-aged mortal man talking smack to a literal genius, mastermind demigod. It's shot like a pleasant chat between two acquaintances. (And, my God, I don't think the cinematography could be any more lifeless. This scene was lit just as brightly as the forest scene we've seen in the trailers, which was lit just as brightly as the scenes on the Helicarrier that we've seen.)

Hiddleston and Downey, Jr., are clearly trying their damnedest despite how woefully under-directed the whole scene is and how hokey the dialogue is (that whole scene feels like it was written just to be put into a trailer and commercials -- "you can be damn sure we'll AVENGE IT ), but, fuck.
I enjoyed it. And I couldn't disagree more about Whedon's direction, I thought the way it was done was perfect. The way Tony is acting gives me the impression that it isn't meant to be some big tense confrontation, they're just having a conversation. And I really couldn't give a crap about how something is lit, as long as I can see what's going on I'm happy.
Old April 13 2012, 06:34 AM   #2295
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

To me from what little we've seen of Joss's direction of the film is typical Joss, and his writing is also typical. He is directing the film just as he would any of his previous projects and his writing shows a fundamental understanding of these characters and how they are in this particular universe. I know fans have brought up being concerned about this film being an ensemble...but you know what? Joss has handled ensemble casts before in both film and television and it hasn't really been a problem for him. Just continued growing excitement in all aspects of this movie is what I take away from every piece of footage or interview I see or read about it. I believe this movie will be the film that fans have been waiting and I also believe it will dominate most of May's box office. "Dark Shadows" will put up a fight, and "Men in Black III" will most likely knock it off in the final weekend but I think the majority of May belongs to the "Avengers".

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Closed Thread