New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old March 11 2011, 12:26 AM   #1
AshGL1914
Lieutenant Commander

TOS Uniform on THE BIG BANG THEORY TONIGHT

Watch THE BIG BANG THEORY TONIGHT (Thursday, March 10) at 7pm CST / 8pm EST & PST for some sort of ANOVOS goodness; a one-of-a-kind Star Trek uniform from ANOVOS and Farragut Films!

John
Old March 11 2011, 01:09 AM   #2
WorseThanHitler
Ensign

Re: TOS Uniform on THE BIG BANG THEORY TONIGHT

i am really tired of this show. the whole "I said Energize, cue the canned laughter!" oh wait now he said Neutral Zone! bwahhahaha.

Everyone involved with this show is a toolbag.
WorseThanHitler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2011, 02:13 AM   #3
-Brett-
Rear Admiral

AshGL1914 wrote: View Post
Watch THE BIG BANG THEORY TONIGHT (Thursday, March 10) at 7pm CST / 8pm EST & PST for some sort of ANOVOS goodness; a one-of-a-kind Star Trek uniform from ANOVOS and Farragut Films!

John
OMG! OMG! OMG!

So?
-Brett- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2011, 04:21 AM   #4
AJBryant
Fleet Captain

WorseThanHitler wrote: View Post
i am really tired of this show. the whole "I said Energize, cue the canned laughter!" oh wait now he said Neutral Zone! bwahhahaha.

Abba Anthony [St. Anthony the Great] said, "A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him, saying, 'You are mad; you are not like us.' " -- Wisdom of the Desert Fathers
AJBryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2011, 04:35 AM   #5
Forbin
Admiral

ANOVOS?
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2011, 04:56 AM   #6
KirkPicard
Captain

I believe every Big Bang episode has had at least one minor Trek reference this season.
Old March 11 2011, 06:50 AM   #7
T'Girl
Vice Admiral

AshGL1914 wrote: View Post
ANOVOS
I can't help but notice AshGL1914/John that you're kind of pushing the Anovos thing kind of thick in a few threads, this is like what? The third or fourth thread started by you where you feel the need to bring up that brand name, or their facebook site. I mean does a inclusion of a Star Trek uniform in a popular show ( which is interesting ) have to have the manufacturer of the replica mentioned?

You have some kind of financial stake in this company?

T'Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2011, 07:33 AM   #8
AshGL1914
Lieutenant Commander

Nope.
As I stated in one of the other threads, my particular obsession in STAR TREK fandom has been uniforms and costumes, and as such I normaly hang out around boards like STARFLEET 1701st, The RpF, ASAP/Dewback Wing, and other prop and costuming boards.

As fas as ANOVOS is concerned, I do want to see them thrive and stick around because untill they came about, STAR TREK costuming was a decrept hobby. Many people (myself included) have been taken for hundreds of dollars (or more) by rip-off "costumers" like Orion-Woman Raven, ShadowDale Creations, Joe Kerezman...the list goes on and on.
By proving that they could reserch and put out a fantastic product, thus capturing the license from CBS/Paramount, ANOVOS stands ready to give fans like me what we've wanted for years...screen accurate uniforms and costumes without worry that we're being ripped off in the process. At the same time, by providing a store front that gives people new to STAR TREK costuming a legitimate place to spend their hard earned money, hopefully the scam artists' days are numbered.

That's why I'm excited for ANOVOS to finalllly start selling STAR TREK products.
Anymore questions?

John
Old March 11 2011, 06:07 PM   #9
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

WorseThanHitler wrote: View Post

While I disagree that everyone on the show is a 'toolbag', I agree with the comment on the laugh track. Watching the first couple of episodes the laugh track really turned me off... it was like they weren't sure if the audience would get the joke.