Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Takei Has Growth Removed

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old July 8 2010, 04:02 PM   #1
Mistral
Vice Admiral

In the moment

I was listening to Mark&Brian on 95 FM in LA and they had a great little topic. They had people call in and cite moments in films that were so amazing the viewer never forgot them. It didn't matter if the movie was great-it was all about the moment.

List a single movie moment that got to you, that grabbed you so completely you have never been able to shake that impact off. It doesn't have to be a line-a scene, visual only, works just as well.

For me, having seen so many films, there are many that fit the bill. I think one that truly stayed with me was the leap into freeze-frame by John Bender at the end of The Breakfast Club. The image of the "loser" reveling in his moment of triumph is etched in my head.

Another was the hand in Carrie. That one moment rattled me so badly that I haven't been able to watch the movie again.

And to cite one more, when Julia Roberts walks down Rodeo Drive in her new dress, bags in hand and hat on her head, God, I love that! Sheer beauty, captured forever, IMO.

So what do y'all have?

Mistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8 2010, 05:01 PM   #2
TheKeeper
Commander

Re: In the moment

The one that always comes to mind is Signs. I saw it in the theatre and knew little of the movie going in, except for a rumor that "you never get a good look at the aliens." It did a great job building suspense and creepiness, and then here's the scene where Joachim Phoenix is in the closet watching television coverage of that South American child's birthday party. Grainy footage, camera shaking, kids screaming, then a look down the alley. When that grotesque humanoid came around the corner...well, let's just say that my reaction in the theatre was only slightly less dramatic than Joachim's.

I've seen the movie a few times since, and I still get a little freaked out just from remembering the first time I saw it.
TheKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8 2010, 06:15 PM   #3
T'Baio
Admiral

When Sloth "came alive" in Se7en.
On Facebook
T'Baio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8 2010, 06:46 PM   #4
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

The ships passing over ""my head" at the beginning of Star Wars. ( A New Hope for you youngins)
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8 2010, 09:39 PM   #5
Rii
Rear Admiral

The drowning scene from The Abyss.
Rii is offline   Reply With Quote