Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 2 2011, 08:59 PM   #91
Serial thread killer
Rear Admiral

View Serial thread killer's Twitter Profile
Re: Primeval series 4

Where is it filmed?I keep seeing blanked out car number plates that don't look British.
I'm Not really warming to Jess I also think she's up to something, I hope she gets eaten soon.
Malcolm on Star Wars: "The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin. His father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his sister. Lego. They're all made of fucking lego."
Serial thread killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2 2011, 09:23 PM   #92
Christopher
Writer

Serial thread killer wrote: View Post
Where is it filmed?I keep seeing blanked out car number plates that don't look British.
The series is shot at Pinewood Studios and at various locations in and around London.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2 2011, 09:28 PM   #93
Bob The Skutter
Admiral

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile

Christopher wrote: View Post
The series is shot at Pinewood Studios and at various locations in and around London.
Not any more, it's shot on location in Ireland. Moved there for financial reasons, and they say it's easier to get more varied locations within a shorter travel time.
Old January 2 2011, 09:44 PM   #94
Serial thread killer
Rear Admiral

Red Nosed Skutter wrote: View Post
Not any more, it's shot on location in Ireland. Moved there for financial reasons, and they say it's easier to get more varied locations within a shorter travel time.
So in short they are paying less tax.
Malcolm on Star Wars: "The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin. His father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his sister. Lego. They're all made of fucking lego."
Old January 2 2011, 09:47 PM   #95
Bob The Skutter
Admiral

So in short they are paying less tax.
It was part of the deal that got it back on the air.
Old January 2 2011, 10:01 PM   #96
cylkoth
Commodore

Some great news...
If you have digital basic cable, and BBCA isn't in your subscription tier, you may be able to view the show thru the VOD section. I'm on Comcast, and found it there today under the BBA tab in the TV Entertainment section.

A very nice way to open the season. And an improvement for the new arrivals over their webisode introductions. I am having a bit of confusion over the s3 finale. I thought that after separating from Abby and Connor, Danny followed Helen, and they went back in time even further? But finding Helen's controller means they didn't. Shouldn't Danny have caught back up with them then after Helen's end (if they were all in the same time period)?

I'm happy to see Becker's been upgraded to lead character status...Seeing him here makes me wonder why we needed Danny in the first place. I do hope the mystery dude Matt's answering to doesn't fall into cliched Helen Cutter territory. Please given him and Matt motivations that don't include world domination.

There was one glaring omission amongst the mentioning of past characters...where the heck is Rex?
Old January 2 2011, 10:49 PM   #97
wamdue
Admiral

Old January 3 2011, 12:12 AM   #98
Christopher
Writer

That's a shame. The show's use of "real" locations was one of its trademarks. If they're using somewhere in Ireland to substitute for London and elsewhere, it will take away some of that real-world texture.

Old January 3 2011, 12:15 AM   #99
Bob The Skutter
Admiral

That's a shame. The show's use of "real" locations was one of its trademarks. If they're using somewhere in Ireland to substitute for London and elsewhere, it will take away some of that real-world texture.
May mean they focus less on London though, I mean there is a full country here, why do all the anomalies open within spitting distance of London?
Old January 3 2011, 12:18 AM   #100
wamdue
Admiral

just quick question, what would be the policy on writting a review that would contain spoilers for BBCAm viewers, but not ITV 1 viewers?
Old January 3 2011, 12:46 AM   #101
Serial thread killer
Rear Admiral

May mean they focus less on London though, I mean there is a full country here, why do all the anomalies open within spitting distance of London?
I think most TV people forget that the UK has a middle or a north.
I'm I the only person sick to death of seeing the London eye and the Gherkin in every show.
Old January 3 2011, 12:57 AM   #102
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dimesdan

I'm I the only person sick to death of seeing the London eye and the Gherkin in every show.
Which was rather nice about this years run of Doctor Who, apart from the pre credits sequence in The Eleventh Hour, none of it was in London.

I'm not even sure if the ARC is even based in London or near by now as the anomaly where Conner and Aby came through in episode one was in Liverpool and was it Jess who said they were mere minutes away from it.

Just tried watching episode two on ITVPlayer, but it kept on refreshing every minute or so and then buggered up fully around ten minutes in, so I'll try again tomorrow.

I'm on twitter now. @DimesDaniel
Dimesdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3 2011, 12:57 AM   #103
Christopher
Writer

wamdue wrote: View Post
just quick question, what would be the policy on writting a review that would contain spoilers for BBCAm viewers, but not ITV 1 viewers?
As a US viewer, I'd request that comments on episode 2 be kept inside spoiler boxes until we get to see it in six days.

A valid point. But then, aren't most exotic fictional phenomena drawn overwhelmingly to London, New York, Los Angeles, or Tokyo? (And when they do show up elsewhere in the world, it's always in proximity to the Eiffel Tower, the Pyramids, the Sydney Opera House, and other prominent landmarks.)

Seriously, I've often wondered about the anomalies elsewhere in the world and why the ARC doesn't deal with them. Maybe the rumored US or Canadian spinoff would address them.

Just like they forget that there's more in between New York and LA than a bunch of backwoods hicks and farmers.

I know the Eye is that big Ferris wheel, but what's the Gherkin?

Old January 3 2011, 01:09 AM   #104
Starkers
Admiral

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/30_St_Mary_Axe

Seen both episodes now. Liked em both, the show still seems fun. Glad the first episode began with a bit of a recap as I've still never seen series 3.

Can't beleive they did an S Club song! Hannah was always my favourite though, and I quite like the longer hair...Connor is coold too, in fact the whole cast seems interesting (aside maybe from Jess) IT's really great to see Siddig again.

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3 2011, 01:39 AM   #105
wamdue
Admiral

Christopher fair enough, but what is forum policy, ill ask the mods, in the meantime, just for you