Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 21 2010, 11:46 PM   #46
ares93
Commodore

Re: Primeval series 4

Christopher wrote: View Post
Siddig's character in Syriana was a rather heroic Arab prince, I gather.
Good point. I forgot about that one. And although i find his character immensely annoying, Kingdom of Heaven is a masterpiece.
I find it extremely satisfying watching Jehovah's Witnesses through my window. After all, it takes an RFID lock, a titanium enhanced fireproof door and bullet-resistant glass to keep them out of the building.
ares93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21 2010, 11:59 PM   #47
wamdue
Admiral

Just to let you guys know

ITV.com will offer a 5x5' series of webisodes, bridging the gap between events in the third and fourth seasons of the show, from December 22.

The webisodes will launch on a new Primeval website that ITV said will act as a centre for all of the show's social media activity.
like most webisodes im sure they will be rubbish, but what the heck
Old December 22 2010, 01:49 AM   #48
ares93
Commodore

wamdue wrote: View Post

ITV.com will offer a 5x5' series of webisodes, bridging the gap between events in the third and fourth seasons of the show, from December 22.

The webisodes will launch on a new Primeval website that ITV said will act as a centre for all of the show's social media activity.
if you dont have a british IP number, it will block you. as usual...

and of course, since my computer systems are a bloody mess atm, my VPN is useless...
I find it extremely satisfying watching Jehovah's Witnesses through my window. After all, it takes an RFID lock, a titanium enhanced fireproof door and bullet-resistant glass to keep them out of the building.
Old December 22 2010, 01:55 AM   #49
wamdue
Admiral

Télapó wrote: View Post

if you dont have a british IP number, it will block you. as usual...

and of course, since my computer systems are a bloody mess atm, my VPN is useless...
it works both ways. a UK IP address is not a gateway to every online web video, no matter what auidence its intended for.

Britina does not rule the web

I am sure if I wanted to watch a video from a Sweedish TV channel, I would not be able to.
Old December 22 2010, 05:38 AM   #50
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

Someone is sure to put them on youtube.
Ar-Pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2010, 09:17 AM   #51
mickmike
Lieutenant Commander

Cool, glad to see this show back and judging by the trailer, in fine form. That Spinosaurus looks absolutly amazing. Hopefully we will get to see the future predators again or even better another visit to a period millions of years into earth's future.
mickmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2010, 10:50 AM   #52
ares93
Commodore

it works both ways. a UK IP address is not a gateway to every online web video, no matter what auidence its intended for.

I am sure if I wanted to watch a video from a Sweedish TV channel, I would not be able to.
actually, you can. i frequently watch swedish TV when i'm in hungary or germany. and it works fine. same thing vice versa.

and you have a point, however if you have a british ip number, you can watch the british online streams. with an american, you can watch US streams. simple as that. you'll only need those too.
Old December 22 2010, 10:58 AM   #53
George Bailey
The Revd's Oldman

View George Bailey's Twitter Profile

^Australia and NZ block other countries too.
You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money. Well, it doesn't, Mr. Potter. In the whole vast configuration of things, I'd say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider!
George Bailey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2010, 11:30 AM   #54
lennier1
Rear Admiral

Red Nosed Skutter wrote: View Post
Yes, but the connection is so slow, it takes forever to get most stuff from those Aussies anyway (Rush, Sea Patrol, ...).

(Don't think I ever felt the need to watch TV shows made by Kiwis.)
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
lennier1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2010, 11:38 AM   #55
George Bailey
The Revd's Oldman

lennier1 wrote: View Post
Yes, but the connection is so slow, it takes forever to get most stuff from those Aussies anyway (Rush, Sea Patrol, ...).

Check out This is not my life.
You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money. Well, it doesn't, Mr. Potter. In the whole vast configuration of things, I'd say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider!
Old December 22 2010, 12:26 PM   #56
lennier1
Rear Admiral

Judging by a few pieces on YouTube it doesn't seem half bad. Any relation to the 2006 movie (Not My Life) where something similar happened to a woman after a "car accident"?

Certainly like the humor:
Car computer: "Where would you like to go today?"
Alec (still half anesthetized): "Home?"
Car computer: "I understand."
Alec: "Glad someone does."
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
lennier1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2010, 02:37 PM   #57
Tulin
Vice Admiral

You should watch "Diplomatic Immunity" - great little kiwi sitcom from last year!
Tulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2010, 03:28 PM   #58
George Bailey
The Revd's Oldman

Judging by a few pieces on YouTube it doesn't seem half bad. Any relation to the 2006 movie (Not My Life) where something similar happened to a woman after a "car accident"?

Certainly like the humor:
Car computer: "Where would you like to go today?"
Alec (still half anesthetized): "Home?"
Car computer: "I understand."
Alec: "Glad someone does."
I only know about it because of a post on here, seen a couple of episodes and it seems pretty good.
Old December 22 2010, 06:01 PM   #59
wamdue
Admiral

Télapó wrote: View Post

actually, you can. i frequently watch swedish TV when i'm in hungary or germany. and it works fine. same thing vice versa.

and you have a point, however if you have a british ip number, you can watch the british online streams. with an american, you can watch US streams. simple as that. you'll only need those too.
anything worth wathing on Sweedish TV?

Australia's ABC, used to be more open about its TV shows, but since its switch to iView thats no longer the case.
Old December 22 2010, 09:18 PM   #60
ares93
Commodore

anything worth wathing on Sweedish TV?
No, not really. At least not on the channels you can watch abroad. But I have a tendency to completely turn hungarian when i'm home and it takes a while to get used to swedish again when i return to sweden. so i try to use swedish when i can.

Australia's ABC, used to be more open about its TV shows, but since its switch to iView thats no longer the case.
Indeed. I seem to recall watching a few aussie shows on occasion.