RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,689
Members: 24,826
Currently online: 518
Newest member: Old Man 51

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old May 17 2011, 03:37 PM   #1
RevdKathy
BobTheSkutter's wife

View RevdKathy's Twitter Profile
Strange thought, but what if.. [[HONKING great spoilers]]

What if River is a long time personification of the TARDIS? The 'person whose' identity (soul?) was put into Idris? (Confuses me, Idris is a male name meaning 'impulsive lord', and one for a dragon, at that )

Not sure if it would work, and there are probably a hundred reasons why she can't be, but in terms of meeting the Doctor when she was still 'young', meeting him out of time-sequence, knowing how to pilot the ship better than he does, the deep abiding love she has for him... I could see it.

Anyway, I had the thought: discuss!
Old May 17 2011, 03:59 PM   #2
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile
Re: Strange thought, but what if.. [[HONKING great spoilers]]

Interesting thought, but I think it's unlikely. The TARDIS says herself she was a museum piece even when he stole her, so she was hardly young. It would also mean the Doctor was left without a TARDIS at some point in the future but if he were then what were the adventures he and River were having? Unless the TARDIS manages to will a personification in to being.
Also, if she's a TARDIS and is now inside the Library computer does that make the Library a TARDIS now?