Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

Old September 10 2012, 05:58 AM   #31
chrinFinity
Commander

Re: Sisko sleeping with mirror Dax.

Sisko should have found a way to turn down mirror-Jadzia's advances. Sleeping with her under false pretenses raises consent issues. He should simply have refused. There would be exuses that did not threaten his cover... Claim erectile dysfunction, claim an STD, claim to be too tired, simply say no to the sexual advances. If this offends her, so be it.

Regardless, it was wrong for Sisko to sleep with mirror Jadzia under false pretenses. I was very dissappointed in him.
Old September 10 2012, 08:01 AM   #32
Mage
Commodore

C.E. Evans wrote: View Post
Seven of Five wrote: View Post
I think that Sisko and Jadzia were just good friends in the real universe. I never remember any hint of sexual attraction.
Jadzia was all over Sisko in "Fascination," where her subconscious desire for him was brought to the surface thanks to Lwaxana Troi's telepathic influence.
I don't think it was subconcious. If I remember correctly, you fell in love with the first person you laid your eyes on after you were infected.
Old September 10 2012, 07:00 PM   #33
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Mage wrote: View Post
Seven of Five wrote: View Post
I think that Sisko and Jadzia were just good friends in the real universe. I never remember any hint of sexual attraction.
Jadzia was all over Sisko in "Fascination," where her subconscious desire for him was brought to the surface thanks to Lwaxana Troi's telepathic influence.
I don't think it was subconcious. If I remember correctly, you fell in love with the first person you laid your eyes on after you were infected.
Dax explained in the exposition there had to be some level of attraction between the two for it to work, even if it's subconscious. Then just said "best not to think too much about it."

Though I suppose it's possible she might have just been razzing Sisko who was probably already uncomfortable enough with Dax having thrown herself at him.
Old September 10 2012, 08:45 PM   #34
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral

R. Star wrote: View Post
Mage wrote: View Post
Dax explained in the exposition there had to be some level of attraction between the two for it to work, even if it's subconscious. Then just said "best not to think too much about it."
Yep. The scene in question:
From "Fascination"
(Sisko, Bashir, and Lwaxana in DS9's Infirmary)

BASHIR: ...Zanthi Fever is a virus which effects the empathic abilities of mature Betazoids. It causes them to project their own emotions onto others.

SISKO: Then Mrs. Troi's amorous feelings for someone on the station were being passed along to the people around her.

BASHIR: Not everyone. Only those within close proximity to her when she had an attack. And even then there would have to have been some pre-existing latent attraction.

SISKO: You're saying Dax...?

BASHIR: Only on a subconscious level. Best not to think about it too much, if you ask me.
Old September 11 2012, 04:37 PM   #35
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Oh Bashir explained it, thought it was Dax for some reason. Been awhile since I watched that one.
Old September 13 2012, 01:05 AM   #36
Seven of Five
Commodore

Oh I forgot Fascination. Why did you guys have to remind me?
Old September 13 2012, 03:20 AM   #37
E-DUB
Captain

I've always felt that what Sisko did meets the legal definition of "rape by impersonation". Rare in the actual world but still defined and quite illegal. (A real world example would be sleeping with your twin brothers girl friend, her thinking that you're him.) Science fiction, with shape-shifters, alternate universes, mind swapping, etc has many more instances where this could occur. Then there's always that scene in "Revenge of the Nerds".
E-DUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2012, 03:42 AM   #38
R. Star
Rear Admiral

E-DUB wrote: View Post
I've always felt that what Sisko did meets the legal definition of "rape by impersonation". Rare in the actual world but still defined and quite illegal. (A real world example would be sleeping with your twin brothers girl friend, her thinking that you're him.) Science fiction, with shape-shifters, alternate universes, mind swapping, etc has many more instances where this could occur. Then there's always that scene in "Revenge of the Nerds".
Well I doubt there's much of a legal system in the Terran rebellion and if there is I'd say Dax pulling a knife and saying she'd kill him if he touched her again covers it.

As for Kira, she'd probably sleep with Sisko knowing full well he was mirror Sisko.. why not she tried it later on too. So I doubt there are any charges there.
Old September 15 2012, 10:22 PM   #39
Paper Moon
Commander

Jarvisimo wrote: View Post
Ensign_Redshirt wrote: View Post
^^^

From "Through the Looking Glass":

SISKO: Well, I'm glad to see the two of you are getting along.
DAX: We have a lot in common. He's all yours.
(Dax leaves.)
JENNIFER: Dax tells me you're leaving.
SISKO: I thought I'd pay the Romulans a visit. See if I can convince them to help us.
In his wonderful mirror books, The Sorrows of Empire and Rise Like Lions, David Mack did not have Jadzia be the host to Dax. Instead Curzon is succeeded by someone else. He put up a pithy reason in the Treklit forum for this dialogue.
IIRC, his pithy (though admittedly weak) explanation was that Jadzia was never joined, and that she just kinda rolled with it when Sisko called her "Dax." (According to Mr. Mack, she kinda gave him a weird look when he did that. Maybe she thought it was a new name à la Smiley?) Jennifer hadn't met Jadzia before, so she just called her what Sisko did.

I don't know if Sisko sleeping with MU-Jadzia was right or wrong (assuming he actually did), but it was obviously necessary. From what we know of MU-Sisko, he would have done it, barring only serious death or illness. Sisko was in deep sh*t and he knew it; to risk blowing his cover by not sleeping with Dax could've cost him his life.
Paper Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2012, 10:57 PM   #40
NrobbieC
Commander

Kirk: goes to Mirror Universe, corrupts a stupid Vulcan and brings down the Terran Empire.
Sisko: goes to Mirror Universe, starts rebuilding the Terran Empire and gets laid.

Sisko was basically just undoing what Captain Incompetent did
NrobbieC is offline   Reply With Quote