The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old June 21 2010, 03:37 PM   #16
Luther Sloan
Captain

Re: Father's Day Query

sbk1234 wrote: View Post
Capt. Sisko was my ideal Trek dad. All the good qualities of a father as mentioned before. Clearly a dad that Jake was proud of. That would be nice.
Agreed.

Luther Sloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21 2010, 08:11 PM   #17
macghoul
I believe most sincerely

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to macghoul

Luther Sloan wrote: View Post
sbk1234 wrote: View Post
Capt. Sisko was my ideal Trek dad. All the good qualities of a father as mentioned before. Clearly a dad that Jake was proud of. That would be nice.
Agreed.

I agree as well. What I especially like about Sisko is that he proves it is possible to be a high-ranking and highly effective officer and an excellent parent at the same time, dispelling the myth that a Starfleet career and family do not mix. Jake is one lucky young man to have such a father.
Old June 21 2010, 11:06 PM   #18
The Wormhole
Admiral

DevilEyes wrote: View Post
The Wormhole wrote: View Post
Yalana Cotu wrote: View Post

A very good point, there. That was "weird"! But maybe it was not illegal for their world?
The implication was that the way Madred was treating Picard was against some form of intergalactic law. Even Gul Lemec thought Madred was going too far at the end.
I was under the impression that torture is legal on Cardassia. Lemec seemed to be pissed off because Madred was clearly not using it to even try to get information out of Picard anymore, it had become all about the battle of wills, and he was just being sadistic and acting out his personal issues and break Picard.
Torture is definately legal on Cardassia. However, what I was trying to say was that the Federation and Cardassians had some sort of treaty which was supposed to prevent the Cardassians from torturing a Federation prisoner. At the beginning of part two, Picard tells Madred he wants the presence of a neutral third party, as per the treaty.

Since the third party never showed, we can assume everything about the affair was a treaty violation.
Old June 22 2010, 06:17 AM   #19
Ghost of Sector 7
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ghost of Sector 7

Captain Christopher Pike (as portrayed by Bruce Greenwood) is my choice as father figure from Trek. Wisdom, confidence, a willingness to train and inspire others... all are great fatherhood traits.
Old June 22 2010, 07:17 AM   #20
teacock
Admiral

Sector 7 wrote: View Post
Captain Christopher Pike (as portrayed by Bruce Greenwood) is my choice as father figure from Trek. Wisdom, confidence, a willingness to train and inspire others... all are great fatherhood traits.
OMG I forgot about him.. he is very fatherly.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacock is online now   Reply With Quote