Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old June 25 2010, 10:18 AM   #1
Joe Washington
Fleet Captain

Hopes and fears for Dexter Season 5

With the fifth season of Dexter set to premiere in a matter of months, what are your hopes and fears for the new season?
Joe Washington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2010, 12:31 PM   #2
CmdrAJD
Commodore

View CmdrAJD's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to CmdrAJD
Re: Hopes and fears for Dexter Season 5

I hope to see Dexter's storyline integrated with the rest of his coworkers a bit more this season. While they were all ostensibly chasing the same killer, Dexter felt like he was in a completely separate show for most of the season. He'd occasionally breeze into the station and then leave early, which Quinn called him on. I know that was part of the point. He was so wrapped up with Arthur that other areas of his life were being neglected. But that made it all the more jarring when we're suddenly dealing with Batista and Laguerta's relationship. Get everyone interacting more.

http://www.star-traks.com
CmdrAJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2010, 10:21 PM   #3
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

My hope is that the show continues to kick butt and that they can stretch the storyline out to a sixth season. I don't want it to end but I also don't want it to wear out its welcome.

My hope is that they figure out a plausible way for Deb to Learn The Truth by the end of this season (they cannot keep dragging it out), obviously w/o ratting her bro out, and my fear is that they'll botch the job and it won't be believable that Deb would keep quiet.

My fear is that whenever it ends, they can't figure out a good ending for it. And that Dexter and Michael C. Hall will never win a frakkin' Emmy!
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2010, 11:46 PM   #4
Harvey
Admiral

The Wire never won an Emmy. Indeed, it was only ever nominated for two. I'd say awards are the least of Dexter's worries.

I agree that Dexter's co-workers need to be more actively integrated into the story next season. LaGuerta and Angel have rarely been used in an interesting way, and when they were shunted off to their own personal drama last season it was easily the worst running storyline.

I'd also prefer it if they dropped the big bad formula, and if they dropped it permanently. As the writers have said, it's hard to drop John Lithgow. I'd also like the serial killer of the season format to be dropped, too. How many have hit Miami? The third season could have dropped the serial killer thread and the ultimate changes would have been negligible.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote