Voyager Bridge Via The Oculus Rift
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Miles Away Glyph Award Nominations
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Q Meets NuTrek Crew
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

Pine In Talks For Drama
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old June 20 2010, 07:30 PM   #76
Dayton Ward
Word Pusher

View Dayton Ward's Twitter Profile
Re: Massive New Trek Lit Update in Star Trek Magazine

^ It's going to be included in What's Past, the Star Trek: Corps of Engineers omnibus due out in August.

"tlhingAn HoL, Mother F*cker! Do you speak it?!"
Dayton Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20 2010, 07:55 PM   #77
JD
Admiral

The issue of the magazine the information in this thread came from even has a excerpt from it as part of What's Past.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21 2010, 06:58 PM   #78
Scout101
Admiral

Pretty excited about the announcement of a few of those books (especially the wrap-up of the Mirror Universe saga), but pretty disappointed that 1/6th of the schedule is already planned to be filled with reprints instead of new material. The cutdown to one book a month was hard to take, but cutting that back to one book MOST months sucks a little more...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21 2010, 08:49 PM   #79
Kirks_Flying_Wig
Commander

Dayton Ward wrote: View Post
^ It's going to be included in What's Past, the Star Trek: Corps of Engineers omnibus due out in August.
Oh, good! I'd given up ever seeing that reprinted in dead tree format so I'm glad it's finally on the schedule!
Kirks_Flying_Wig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2010, 06:04 AM   #80
LutherSloan
Fleet Captain

Kind of interesting that Enterprise only gets one new book release (not counting the reprint) for its 10th anniversary next year. Oh well.

Also, the DS9 Relaunch only had one book to actually continue the main story. 'The Never Ending Sacrifice' was from the POV of one character and took place over the entire run of the DS9 TV series, so I don't really count that. At least 'The Soul Key' wrapped up that arc somewhat, although it teased a continuation that we may or may not actually ever see. And of course we're all still waiting to find out the fate of the Dominion.

Expand Medicare for All!!
LutherSloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2010, 06:18 AM   #81
DGCatAniSiri
Captain

Personally, I'm expecting that unless something else comes along for '12 that covers the gap, there'll be a DS9 anthology to expand on the missing five years to coincide with DS9's 20th.
DGCatAniSiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2010, 04:32 PM   #82
Reanok
Commodore

As an enterprise fan I'm glad we'll be getting a reprint of the first Rw novel and a new Enterprise novel next year. I just wish we'd gotten a short story anthology for the series 10 anniversary.
Reanok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2010, 05:02 PM   #83
Dayton Ward
Word Pusher

View Dayton Ward's Twitter Profile

Trade paperbacks, particularly anthologies where the logistics of producing them are a bit more involved, tend to operate on different schedules than the mass markets, so not seeing one on the schedule (which could change for any of a number of reasons, especially for anything listed as coming out more than 6 months from "now") at this point doesn't necessarily mean we won't see one at all. I know that ideas for at least a couple of different anthologies have been put forth (including one or two I pitched), but so far as I know Jaime hasn't responded to any of them.

"tlhingAn HoL, Mother F*cker! Do you speak it?!"

Last edited by Dayton Ward; June 24 2010 at 05:47 PM.
Dayton Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2010, 06:06 PM   #84
Reanok
Commodore

Dayton thanks for an inside look at how anthlogies are produced.It would be a time consuming process to plot out stories and juggle authors schedules to get the stories in on time to be edited and a book to be published. I still hope we'll get some short story anthologies come out in the next year or two. Good luck with getting your story ideas published.
Reanok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2010, 06:11 PM   #85
Saul
Rear Admiral

I look forward to The Romulan War: In Shariel's Shadow but disappointed that this is all we get on the 10th anniversary. I know many of us had been holding out for more since we had no Enterprise Novels this year. A real shame.

Please reprint a stitch in time.
Old June 24 2010, 06:27 PM   #86
BrotherBenny
Rear Admiral

View BrotherBenny's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BrotherBenny Send a message via Yahoo to BrotherBenny

I'm clearly having a memory block, and Memory Alpha/Beta aren't helping.

Who was Shariel? Was he/it a deity or something?

My blog / My crime stories
BrotherBenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2010, 08:52 PM   #87
Stevil2001
Rear Admiral

BrotherBenny wrote: View Post
I'm clearly having a memory block, and Memory Alpha/Beta aren't helping.

Who was Shariel? Was he/it a deity or something?
According to this entry, "Shariel" is the Vulcan god of death.
Old June 25 2010, 04:15 AM   #88
BrotherBenny
Rear Admiral

View BrotherBenny's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BrotherBenny Send a message via Yahoo to BrotherBenny

So I guess perhaps the theme of this book is snatching victory from the jaws of defeat, in a metaphorical sense since this isn't New Frontier.

My blog / My crime stories
BrotherBenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2010, 05:32 AM   #89
Ktrek
Captain

Has this been answered and I missed it? I was wondering why Pocket chose to announce the schedule in this issue of the magazine instead of the traditional announcements at Shore Leave? Kind of stole some of Shore Leave's thunder this year and the usual nook lovers anticipation to the upcoming online reports.

Kevin
Old June 25 2010, 07:17 AM   #90
Defcon
Rear Admiral

View Defcon's Twitter Profile

Ktrek wrote: View Post
Has this been answered and I missed it? I was wondering why Pocket chose to announce the schedule in this issue of the magazine instead of the traditional announcements at Shore Leave? Kind of stole some of Shore Leave's thunder this year and the usual nook lovers anticipation to the upcoming online reports.

Kevin
Last year trekmovie posted the schedule before Shore Leave, so it's nothing new. I guess that it was mostly Marco who wanted Shore Leave to be the time to announce the schedule.

And as far as I know there will be no editorial representation at Shore Leave this year anyway, so one or several of the author would've been forced to announce the line-up.
Defcon is offline   Reply With Quote