RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,389
Posts: 5,358,265
Members: 24,627
Currently online: 591
Newest member: space2050

TrekToday headlines

Star Trek: Prelude to Axanar Online Debut
By: T'Bonz on Jul 31

Warp 5.0: Trek Toward Sci-Fi’s Golden Anniversary
By: T'Bonz on Jul 31

Takei To Host Pittsburgh Symphony PNC Pops’ Sci-Fi Spectacular
By: T'Bonz on Jul 31

Kurtzman In Mummy Talks
By: T'Bonz on Jul 31

The Gene Roddenberry Project Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Moore: No Deep Space Nine Regrets
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Pegg Star Wars Rumor
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

View Poll Results: about the kids spoiler...
I Agree. 3 42.86%
I Disagree. 0 0%
I Dont know yet but am looking forward to finding out. 2 28.57%
BRB I'm going to go get fixed. 0 0%
This poll is irrelevant and unworthy of assimilation. 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old June 4 2010, 05:55 AM   #1
Zman1
Captain
 
Zman1's Avatar
 
Location: nx-01 in the mirror universe
upcoming publications...

I used to use psiphi.org http://www.psiphi.org/cgi/upc-db/upcoming.html to keep track of upcoming publications. However they havent been up to date in a while. Where could I find out about the next planned Enterprise, Deep Space 9, and Voyager books(audio books and comics count too). I'm also interested in info about the typhon pact books and the New Frontier book(due in January)

also having just read Star Trek Online: Needs of the Many i am curious about their timeline





sorry about my english skills dropping to nothing but 3 hours sleep in 36 dose that to me.

__________________
I love Shaylene
"Pinky, We've stumbled upon the spawning ground of the Village People!"
"Call the Pentagon"
"the Pentagon ?"
"You know, weird building with four walls and A spare. Monument to Murphy's Law"
Zman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2010, 08:22 AM   #2
Defcon
Rear Admiral
 
Defcon's Avatar
 
Location: Germany
View Defcon's Twitter Profile
Re: upcoming publications...

Zman1 wrote: View Post
I used to use psiphi.org http://www.psiphi.org/cgi/upc-db/upcoming.html to keep track of upcoming publications. However they havent been up to date in a while. Where could I find out about the next planned Enterprise, Deep Space 9, and Voyager books(audio books and comics count too).
Memory Alpha: http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Upcoming_productions

Memory Beta: http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/2010 & http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/2011

Complete Starfleet Library: http://www.well.com/~sjroby/lcars/forth2.html
Defcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2010, 01:17 PM   #3
Christopher
Writer
 
Christopher's Avatar
 
Re: upcoming publications...

Zman1 wrote: View Post
also having just read Star Trek Online: Needs of the Many i am curious about their timeline


Star Trek Online is a separate fictional interpretation of the ST reality, and it makes its own choices independently of the novel continuity. I know that Needs of the Many pays lip service to the notion that it and the novel continuity are alternate timelines, but that's not a principle that's been developed in any detail because it's really just a handwave for the fact that the novels and the game are taking things in independent creative directions.

So there's really no answer to your question. If you want to come up with a way to rationalize it in your own imagination, you're welcome to, but it's probably not worth worrying about.

(I've heard some fans speculate that STO could be treated as a strategic simulation or work of speculative fiction within the novel continuity. I'm sure other fans might prefer to believe the reverse.)
__________________
Christopher L. Bennett Homepage -- Site update 4/8/14 including annotations for Rise of the Federation: Tower of Babel

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2010, 01:26 AM   #4
William Leisner
Scribbler
 
William Leisner's Avatar
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
View William Leisner's Twitter Profile
Re: upcoming publications...

"Our reality may be very much like theirs. All this might just be an elaborate simulation running inside a little device sitting on someone's table."
William Leisner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2010, 04:04 AM   #5
Zman1
Captain
 
Zman1's Avatar
 
Location: nx-01 in the mirror universe
Re: upcoming publications...

Defcon wrote: View Post
Zman1 wrote: View Post
I used to use psiphi.org http://www.psiphi.org/cgi/upc-db/upcoming.html to keep track of upcoming publications. However they havent been up to date in a while. Where could I find out about the next planned Enterprise, Deep Space 9, and Voyager books(audio books and comics count too).
Memory Alpha: http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Upcoming_productions

Memory Beta: http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/2010 & http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/2011

Complete Starfleet Library: http://www.well.com/~sjroby/lcars/forth2.html
thanks I'm feeling silly not having thought about memory alpha nor beta...

Christopher wrote: View Post
Zman1 wrote: View Post
also having just read Star Trek Online: Needs of the Many i am curious about their timeline


Star Trek Online is a separate fictional interpretation of the ST reality, and it makes its own choices independently of the novel continuity. I know that Needs of the Many pays lip service to the notion that it and the novel continuity are alternate timelines, but that's not a principle that's been developed in any detail because it's really just a handwave for the fact that the novels and the game are taking things in independent creative directions.

So there's really no answer to your question. If you want to come up with a way to rationalize it in your own imagination, you're welcome to, but it's probably not worth worrying about.

(I've heard some fans speculate that STO could be treated as a strategic simulation or work of speculative fiction within the novel continuity. I'm sure other fans might prefer to believe the reverse.)
I've heard the same thing about "these are the voyages" then later agreed with in the ENT post tv books.


William Leisner wrote: View Post
"Our reality may be very much like theirs. All this might just be an elaborate simulation running inside a little device sitting on someone's table."
no... not that... please, just give me a double shot blue pill.
__________________
I love Shaylene
"Pinky, We've stumbled upon the spawning ground of the Village People!"
"Call the Pentagon"
"the Pentagon ?"
"You know, weird building with four walls and A spare. Monument to Murphy's Law"
Zman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.