RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,106
Posts: 5,432,580
Members: 24,931
Currently online: 546
Newest member: emogs

TrekToday headlines

The Red Shirt Diaries #8
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old June 14 2010, 05:54 AM   #31
Captain Randy Hall
Commodore
 
Captain Randy Hall's Avatar
 
Location: Columbia, Maryland USA
Re: Upcoming Productions for June/July/August

>>As I have stated before, I am one of the writers for the Lost Frontier podcasts. Work has been underway since last fall to get our new, 18 episodes ready for release.

Problems we had prior to prepping our new season were numerous. The gentleman who originated the series decided several times to just hang up his hat and end the show. Others, like myself volunteered to take on the writing, post-production and casting duties to continue the series because we felt there were enough people interested that it would be worthwhile. Work continues to this day on this set of 18 episodes. However, as you pointed out, the last released episode was in September.

In an effort to avoid the long gaps between episode releases (where once it had been one episode per month, it suddenly became several months between releases), our new "showrunner" elected to make sure we had a nice batch of episodes ready to go before we start releasing them.

As he is in graduate school, his time is limited. I'm still working on my allotted three scripts, however much work is required even after said scripts are written. Some of which I assist on, some of which I am unable to.

This is just a sampling of what's going on behind the scenes over here, however I felt it was important to address your point that we haven't had a new show out since September. The reason we don't advertise our premiere dates anymore is simple:

There are too many fans out there who cry foul and raise a shit-storm if we don't meet our deadline. So, rather than deal with naysayers and complaining on top of our regular daily lives, responsibilities, joys and frustrations, we don't advertise our release dates till we're absolutely certain we're ready for them. This could very well be in June, July or August. I am unable to say so with any certainty right now because I just plain don't know if it will.

What I don't understand is the seeming bias being shown against us. Starship Exeter is still working on their second episode, and no release date has been officially given for their final act, yet they are still listed "NO RELEASE DATE GIVEN" on your list here. Why can't we be shown the same courtesy?<<

First of all, I don't have an entry for Exeter, and I don't remember whether I ever had one. I appreciate your efforts toward making 18 (!!!!!!!) episodes at about the same time, but you say you likely won't have something ready in the next few months.

Second, if I put you folks in that listing, it wouldn't be long before others would see that and want that same courtesy even if their last effort was in the deep, dark past, which would defeat the purpose of this thread in the first place. I've done my best to talk with the folks in the list, and almost all of them said they'll have something produced by Labor Day. I'm sure some won't get that done, but at least they know I'm watching and waiting.

So when you folks do have something new really coming out, post it here in the thread and I'l include it in the list.

That's the best I can do under the circumstances. I don't want or need a list with 40 entries out of which only 10 would have produced something in the previous year.
__________________
Randy Hall
Captain of the U.S.S. Chesapeake Star Trek Club
http://www.usschesapeake.org

Last edited by Captain Randy Hall; June 14 2010 at 05:59 AM. Reason: typo
Captain Randy Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2010, 08:07 AM   #32
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: Hollywood, CA
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive
Re: Upcoming Productions for June/July/August

So much for not reading everything we wrote


I never said we wouldn't have anything ready. If you go back and take the time to read (carefully) what I posted, you will see that I actually said that we could be releasing our first batch of episodes any day or any week now. I just can't give you a precise date because I don't know the precise date. You are, again misconstruing my words.

I simply asked you to move Lost Frontier to the "Upcoming Releases" section by that logic -- our new season is about to begin, thus it is an 'upcoming release.'

Second, if I put you folks in that listing, it wouldn't be long before others would see that and want that same courtesy even if their last effort was in the deep, dark past, which would defeat the purpose of this thread in the first place. I've done my best to talk with the folks in the list, and almost all of them said they'll have something produced by Labor Day. I'm sure some won't get that done, but at least they know I'm watching and waiting.
So, by this logic, because I can't give you a specific date and time when our first podcast will be posted for release, you refuse to place a listing for us in your upcoming releases section. NOTE: This is entirely separate from the controversy over whether or not our show has any adult content (it doesn't). You are saying that despite my assertion that we are almost done with our work and that we will likely have releases out soon, it's just plain not good enough for you. Gotcha.

So when you folks do have something new really coming out, post it here in the thread and I'l include it in the list.
Honestly, I don't know that I want our production in any way associated with the hamfisted, childish claptrap you're running here, especially if you're going to be such a rude dickhead about this.

That's the best I can do under the circumstances.
The best you could do "under the circumstances" (??) would be to stop being so melodramatic about everything and simply make the corrections to your listing of Lost Frontier.

I don't want or need a list with 40 entries out of which only 10 would have produced something in the previous year.
This statement seems to me incongruous to your original goal when starting the "Upcoming Productions" thread. In fact, it smacks of you just not wanting to acquiesce to my request, which is certainly your right but come on dude, you're being as transparent as saran wrap. Instead of hiding behind your self-sacrificial and altruistic facade, just be honest: you don't like that Potemkin_Prod and I pointed out these (really, honestly) minor errors and now you're punishing us for it.

Then again, you've spent the entirety of this thread ignoring the cogent points, reading only what you want to read, and thus we've been going around in circles.
__________________
"You are the product. You feeling something. That's what sells. Not them. Not sex. They can't do what we do and they hate us for it."
--Don Draper

Last edited by doubleohfive; June 14 2010 at 11:40 AM.
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15 2010, 03:47 AM   #33
Captain Randy Hall
Commodore
 
Captain Randy Hall's Avatar
 
Location: Columbia, Maryland USA
Re: Upcoming Productions for June/July/August

>> So much for not reading everything we wrote <<
I didn’t have to. I could feel the heat from you calling me a “dickhead” while saying I’m childish and that I over-react to things.

>> I never said we wouldn't have anything ready. If you go back and take the time to read (carefully) what I posted, you will see that I actually said that we could be releasing our first batch of episodes any day or any week now. I just can't give you a precise date because I don't know the precise date. You are, again misconstruing my words.<<
Your group hasn’t produced any new projects since last September, and you “could” be releasing stuff “any day or any week now.” If you can’t narrow it down to a reasonable deadline, you’re entering the “Exeter Zone,” where grandiose promises are made but somehow, they never quite happen. I’m better at being a reporter than a psychic.

>> Honestly, I don't know that I want our production in any way associated with the hamfisted, childish claptrap you're running here, especially if you're going to be such a rude dickhead about this.<<
And I’m the one who over-reacts. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..

>>just be honest: you don't like that Potemkin_Prod and I pointed out these (really, honestly) minor errors and now you're punishing us for it. punishing us for it.<<
Really? How many times have I taken you and PP’s favorite off the list? I have to admit that you guys aren’t helping yourselves by pouring gasoline on a flamefest, but the jury’s still out on whether or not it’s worth the grief of dealing with two items out of a list of better than the dozen or so others that usually if not always can give at least a guesstimate of when a release is coming.

>> Then again, you've spent the entirety of this thread ignoring the cogent points, reading only what you want to read, and thus we've been going around in circles.<<
I’ve responded to your questions. It’s just that you don’t like the answers. I still don’t know how a fan film goes from rating itself EXPLICIT to GENERAL while leaving the EXPLICIT ones online. And I must have misplaced my crystal ball to tell me when a project that hasn’t released anything in the past 9 months or so will suddenly appear.

And I don’t blame anyone who’s read this thread over the past couple of days and went somewhere else that doesn’t require asbestos clothing or goggles. This is not what I had in mind when I started these threads (obviously), but we'll see how long it lasts from here.

While I hate dragging Barbreader into this, if what you want is to be included in a list with no time constraints, check out her Star Trek Reviewed site at startrekreviewed.blogspot.com.
__________________
Randy Hall
Captain of the U.S.S. Chesapeake Star Trek Club
http://www.usschesapeake.org

Last edited by Captain Randy Hall; June 15 2010 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Sigh. Typo.
Captain Randy Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15 2010, 04:13 AM   #34
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: Hollywood, CA
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive
Re: Upcoming Productions for June/July/August

Captain Randy Hall wrote: View Post
>> So much for not reading everything we wrote <<
I didn’t have to. I could feel the heat from you calling me a “dickhead” while saying I’m childish and that I over-react to things.

>> I never said we wouldn't have anything ready. If you go back and take the time to read (carefully) what I posted, you will see that I actually said that we could be releasing our first batch of episodes any day or any week now. I just can't give you a precise date because I don't know the precise date. You are, again misconstruing my words.<<
Your group hasn’t produced any new projects since last September, and you “could” be releasing stuff “any day or any week now.” If you can’t narrow it down to a reasonable deadline, you’re entering the “Exeter Zone,” where grandiose promises are made but somehow, they never quite happen. I’m better at being a reporter than a psychic.

>> Honestly, I don't know that I want our production in any way associated with the hamfisted, childish claptrap you're running here, especially if you're going to be such a rude dickhead about this.<<
And I’m the one who over-reacts. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..

>>just be honest: you don't like that Potemkin_Prod and I pointed out these (really, honestly) minor errors and now you're punishing us for it. punishing us for it.<<
Really? How many times have I taken you and PP’s favorite off the list? I have to admit that you guys aren’t helping yourselves by pouring gasoline on a flamefest, but the jury’s still out on whether or not it’s worth the grief of dealing with two items out of a list of better than the dozen or so others that usually if not always can give at least a guesstimate of when a release is coming.

>> Then again, you've spent the entirety of this thread ignoring the cogent points, reading only what you want to read, and thus we've been going around in circles.<<
I’ve responded to your questions. It’s just that you don’t like the answers. I still don’t know how a fan film goes from rating itself EXPLICIT to GENERAL while leaving the EXPLICIT ones online. And I must have misplaced my crystal ball to tell me when a project that hasn’t released anything in the past 9 months or so will suddenly appear.

And I don’t blame anyone who’s read this thread over the past couple of days and went somewhere else that doesn’t require asbestos clothing or goggles. This is not what I had in mind when I started these threads (obviously), but we'll see how long it lasts from here.

While I hate dragging Barbreader into this, if what you want is to be included in a list with no time constraints, check out her Star Trek Reviewed site at startrekreviewed.blogspot.com.
You know Randy, this last post of yours is entirely emblematic of the real problem you have here.

It's not me or Potemkin or anyone else. It's your unfailing inability to address the points being raised.

You had no problem answering everything in my last post that you could get away with answering and still play the victim of this piece. Yet you completely ignored my third paragraph where I again took the time to explain what the deal was with our release schedule. Here it is again, in case your little ol' dialup won't let you scroll up:

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
Captain Randy Hall saidSecond, if I put you folks in that listing, it wouldn't be long before others would see that and want that same courtesy even if their last effort was in the deep, dark past, which would defeat the purpose of this thread in the first place. I've done my best to talk with the folks in the list, and almost all of them said they'll have something produced by Labor Day. I'm sure some won't get that done, but at least they know I'm watching and waiting.
So, by this logic, because I can't give you a specific date and time when our first podcast will be posted for release, you refuse to place a listing for us in your upcoming releases section. NOTE: This is entirely separate from the controversy over whether or not our show has any adult content (it doesn't). You are saying that despite my assertion that we are almost done with our work and that we will likely have releases out soon, it's just plain not good enough for you. Gotcha.
From the first post in this thread, posted by YOU:

Captain Randy Hall wrote: View Post
I hope everyone found the "March/April/May" thread as useful as I intended it to be. Again, if there's something out there I've missed (whether live-action, animated or audio of any era of Star Trek) that you'd like to see here, feel free to put a post in this thread about it or PM it to me.

My only request is that we focus on new projects here. I do review some older films and other productions in my Fan Film Friday column, so I hope that here we can all find some shiny new goodies to enjoy!
So, you want to focus on new projects, including audio. Well looky here, Lost Frontier is an audio project, and it's got new episodes coming out soon!

And from the second post in this thread, also posted by YOU:

NO RELEASE DATE GIVEN
Star Trek: Phase II
“Enemy Starfleet”
http://www.startrekphase2.com/

Star Trek: Imperium
http://startrekimperium.net/

Star Trek: The Romulan Wars Part 3
http://www.stromulanwars.com/index.html

Star Trek Requirius Parts 2 and 3
https://sites.google.com/site/startrekrequirius/
... so these productions are ok to be listed with "NO RELEASE DATE GIVEN" but Lost Frontier isn't, despite the irrefutable fact that I have repeated over and over again that Lost Frontier may well begin releasing it's episodes this week. Or it could start on the 4th of July. Or Maybe not till August.

You are exploiting a minor irrelevancy (because you likely have no true appreciation for the quality control and process involved with producing an audio drama) to service your overarching incredulity, again, 'just to stick it to us.'

I said it before -- you're as transparent as saran wrap with this charlatan behavior.

If you're going to remove Lost Frontier, or not include it solely because of the logic you listed above, not only are you being a hypocrite toward us, you're also doing it in full public view of anyone who can fire a few neurons and connect the dots while reading this thread. You're playing favorites, and it's obvious as hell.
__________________
"You are the product. You feeling something. That's what sells. Not them. Not sex. They can't do what we do and they hate us for it."
--Don Draper

Last edited by doubleohfive; June 15 2010 at 06:40 AM.
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15 2010, 04:26 AM   #35
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore
 
Location: Southwest Georgia
Re: Upcoming Productions for June/July/August

Captain Randy Hall wrote: View Post
>> So much for not reading everything we wrote <<
I didnít have to.
That explains much. You don't answer questions or valid points or understand even the simplest of things simply because you didn't bother to read them in the first place. The fact of the matter is that you keep repeating the mantra of "Their website said it was explicit!" when the evidence of your own post points to a site that says GENERAL CONTENT. You don't bother reading rebuttals or criticisms, and you don't bother visiting the websites you've linked. That's really irresponsible.

Captain Randy Hall wrote: View Post
I have to admit that you guys arenít helping yourselves by pouring gasoline on a flamefest, but the juryís still out on whether or not itís worth the grief of dealing with two items out of a list of better than the dozen or so others that usually if not always can give at least a guesstimate of when a release is coming.
Note to Double-Oh: He's saying he's going to blacklist us for daring to criticize him.

Captain Randy Hall wrote: View Post
I still donít know how a fan film goes from rating itself EXPLICIT to GENERAL while leaving the EXPLICIT ones online. And I must have misplaced my crystal ball to tell me when a project that hasnít released anything in the past 9 months or so will suddenly appear.
Then you must have had it two weeks ago when you posted the announcement and linked to the GENERAL site in your posting here which proclaimed the production as "WARNING: EXPLICIT CONTENT." Or do you not understand that "GENERAL CONTENT" is not "EXPLICIT CONTENT"? Or did you simply not read the posts which explained that? Or did you simply not even visit the site in question WHICH YOU LINKED TO.

Captain Randy Hall wrote: View Post
This is not what I had in mind when I started these threads (obviously), but we'll see how long it lasts from here.
What purpose did you have in mind other than repeating Barbreader's website info here?

Captain Randy Hall wrote: View Post
While I hate dragging Barbreader into this, if what you want is to be included in a list with no time constraints, check out her Star Trek Reviewed site at startrekreviewed.blogspot.com.
I'm pretty sure that's where you get your information for this thread and several others anyways. I'd recommend everyone check out her site: Star Trek Reviewed instead of wasting their time in this thread.

Me? I'd planned on ignoring this thread, but Mister Hall keeps bringing up complaints about my arguments in his exchange with Double-Oh. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some bridge partitions to mount next to their stations...
__________________
Randy
--------------------
Project Potemkin
http://www.projectpotemkin.com
Potemkin_Prod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15 2010, 07:08 AM   #36
Barbreader
Fleet Captain
 
Location: New York, New York
View Barbreader's Twitter Profile
Re: Upcoming Productions for June/July/August

Star Trek:The Romulan Wars is releasing new episodes starting June 29th.
These episodes will be availible to download at www.stromulanwars.com
Barbreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15 2010, 07:09 AM   #37
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: Hollywood, CA
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive
Re: Upcoming Productions for June/July/August

The most ironic part about all of this is, two years ago, Randy, you were making suggestions to other posters for their lists too. And you know what happened? The person compiling the list handled the suggestion maturely as an adult.

Captain Randy Hall wrote: View Post
CaptainKen wrote: View Post
Captain Randy Hall:

Yes, "Power Source" is being shown at Dragon Con. Neo f/x has said they will be releasing it next week, or maybe sooner. So we'll get to see it before Dragon Con.

As far as Phase II goes, I'm pretty sure their plan is to screen "The Child" at Dragon Con. I don't see anything in the Trek Trak of Dragon Con that mentions BaF-2: http://www.trektrak.com/

The folks at Phase II have said that BaF Part 2 will be ready around Labour Day, but because they have so many of their crew attending Dragon Con, they may not release the episode on the web til a few days after Labour Day. And even though "The Child" will be screened at the Con, it will still be a while before it is officially released.

I'm not too familiar with Aurora Trek or the reliability of their release dates, but if you'd like me to add it to the list, I will.
Well, since I do a column for SciFiPulse.net called Fan Film Friday, I'm always on the lookout for some new things to review since I have to fill 52 Fridays a year. The two leads are a human woman and a vulcan woman in a cargo ship.
Link

Here's another similar example, this time straight from someone directly associated with the production in question:

NEO f/x wrote: View Post
Captain Randy Hall wrote: View Post
Sounds good. I do have a question since I saw Act 1 at Shore Leave. I understood that the Farragut only has humans in its crew. If so, what's the obvious Andorian doing there (and don't say sitting)?????
Randy,

The stardate of the animated episodes puts it in 'Year 4' of the Star Trek universe...this is counter to the Year 2/3 that the live action episodes take place.

Thelin is actually a character from the original Trek episodes. In "Yesteryear" some time changes had Thelin as the first officer on the Enterprise. When the timeline is restored, Thelin is not seen again. However, he MUST have existed, and so we theorized that he was probably in Star Fleet and he could be on any ship. So, we have him on the Farragut. He is actually voiced by Chris Doohan, son of James "Scotty" Doohan, who voiced Thelin in the 70's.

And, just like Chekov in Space Seed...just because you haven't seen Thelin on the Farragut doesn't mean he wasn't in a different location of the ship during the first couple episodes. In fact, when live-action episodes start filming again, I wouldn't be surprised to see him again.

So, to answer your question...he is sitting there
Link

One of the great things about the fan film community here is that when you get people on the same page and everyone understands that we all have the same goal in mind, these kinds of things don't get so overly blown out of proportion, as exampled here.

You and I, however, have failed in that same interaction over the last few days. I honestly don't even remember what the big brouhaha is all about anymore. I simply wanted LOST FRONTIER to not be misrepresented.

If you're goal, Randy, is as altruistic as you purport it to be, and all you really want to do is have a concise list of upcoming fan productions, it's a simple fix of just listing Lost Frontier in the 'Release Date Unknown' section.

I am truly, honestly, and sincerely mystified as to why that is so seemingly impossible.
__________________
"You are the product. You feeling something. That's what sells. Not them. Not sex. They can't do what we do and they hate us for it."
--Don Draper
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15 2010, 08:18 AM   #38
Barbreader
Fleet Captain
 
Location: New York, New York
View Barbreader's Twitter Profile
Re: Upcoming Productions for June/July/August

Er... I just read back a few posts, I hadn't been reading all this. I see there is some discussion of Star Trek Reviewed. So, let me make this perfectly clear. Star Trek Reviewed does not even MENTION future releases, and only covers partial releases on the webpage or article about the given fan film group IF the group falls in certain classifications. For example, it does not cover partial releases of Parodies AT ALL because it only lists the groups in alphabetical order with no details.

Speaking of which, Star Track: Idomo will be releasing a multi-part animation this summer. I may break my own rule once it's released in full and give it a headline. What's the point of creating a website if you can't break your own rules? But note that NOWHERE on STR will you find that fact mentioned. Why? Because I don't do futures.

Last August Phase II announced they'd have BAFII ready for Labor Day 2009. They released a not final version for Thanksgiving 2009. They got out their final version in downloadable form (well, there are still technical difficulties) at the beginning of May, 2010. 9 months later. If a couple had begun a baby over the Labor Day weekend because they were disappointed that Phase II had not released their film as planned, the kid could have been born before the final version was downloadable. This isn't me complaining about Phase II. This is me explaining why I don't discuss future releases. These are fan films. They are the ultimate Art for Art's Sake. Love and respect the producers. But don't put a volunteer gift giver who is a total stranger and owes you NOTHING on a deadline.

While the failure to cover parodies may be remedied at some time, and it is my plan to, some day, in the near or distant future, preferably before the arrival of the Vulcans on April 5, 2063, move major parody groups onto their own webpages and start covering full releases, ...well, I'm not doing that yet. I, too, am a volunteer who owes you nothing.

Once a group has it's own webpage, it gets more detailed coverage, like partial releases. However, that is done WITH A WARNING and NO HEADLINE. So that, if you turn to the page on Star Trek Aurora, the page starts with the warning NO COMPLETE FILM IS READY FOR VIEWING. By the way, they also expect to release their last part this summer. And I'll be thrilled when they release it... this summer, next summer, or when the Vulcans arrive.

You cannot eat next year's crop now. You can't do it, even if the climate specialists are expecting an ideal crop year and the crop is planted in great soil with the world's finest seeds (with apologies to Batman and Superman)... you still can't eat that TODAY.

Star Trek Reviewed is about films that are complete and ready-to-watch. It also puts the releases in order. So, if you go to the Exeter website (as I did almost a year ago) innocent of the fact that there is a part missing, you may watch their last film and think (as I did) your computer is broken. I got a new one, it still didn't work. (OK, I didn't but I seriously thought about it and instead I started this website...). If you go to Star Trek Reviewed you are warned about the state of things. Sadly, I was unable to do that, since when I first went to Exeter, I couldn't read my work yet. And I was very pissed about my work not being available, too, I might add.

I hope that makes as little sense as I think it does.

Then there are groups with more minor sins. One I love releases only full films. I enjoyed them NOT in order the first time I watched them. But I enjoyed them A LOT MORE the second time I watched them IN ORDER. Why? Again, the fan film website tells you about the order of release, but does not give you a heads up that the events don't take place in the order of release. That's why it's BETTER to go to Star Trek Reviewed and watch from there. [Name of group deleted out of cowardice!]

I might add that I am preparing an essay for later this month to celebrate the 1st Anniversary of Star Trek Reviewed. It was late June of 2009 that I laid out 250 blank pages and named it Star Trek Reviewed. My original tag line was, "Takes Fan Films Seriously." About six months ago this line was dropped on the suggestion of a filmmaker who said it stated the obvious. But it wasn't obvious when all Star Trek Reviewed was was 250 blank pages.

So, in conclusion, this thread does not do what Star Trek Reviewed does. The information here does not, and cannot come from Star Trek Reviewed. Star Trek Reviewed does not cover ANY future release. It also does not headline releases of audio Trek, parodies, crossover fan films, shorts, and many other things. It makes no serious attempt to even list a lot of fan productions. I have found a website with over 1000 works of Star Trek fan fiction. That website is now listed in my area for Fan Fiction. I could never even HOPE to equal it.

Star Trek Reviewed is an indexing website for EXISTING and COMPLETE work. I have recently created a new website to hold old HEADLINES based on requests I have received from people going into combat who will not be able to check in to Star Trek Reviewed every month. I hope the old Headline website will also serve others for whom life gets in the way of Trek.

Last edited by Barbreader; June 15 2010 at 08:21 PM.
Barbreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15 2010, 09:04 PM   #39
Hudson_uk
Lieutenant Commander
 
Hudson_uk's Avatar
 
Location: Nr Cambridge, UK
Re: Upcoming Productions for June/July/August

I might have lost the plot here a bit but if I'm right about the main point I'd say my opinion is that Lost Frontier shouldn't be listed as "Mature" or "Adult" content from what I remember.
Hudson_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16 2010, 12:34 AM   #40
Captain Randy Hall
Commodore
 
Captain Randy Hall's Avatar
 
Location: Columbia, Maryland USA
Re: Upcoming Productions for June/July/August

>>One of the great things about the fan film community here is that when you get people on the same page and everyone understands that we all have the same goal in mind, these kinds of things don't get so overly blown out of proportion, as exampled here.

You and I, however, have failed in that same interaction over the last few days. I honestly don't even remember what the big brouhaha is all about anymore. I simply wanted LOST FRONTIER to not be misrepresented.

If you're goal, Randy, is as altruistic as you purport it to be, and all you really want to do is have a concise list of upcoming fan productions, it's a simple fix of just listing Lost Frontier in the 'Release Date Unknown' section.

I am truly, honestly, and sincerely mystified as to why that is so seemingly impossible.<<

OK, who are you and what have you done with Double? You didn't call me a "dickhead" even once.

Part of the problem is posts like this one:
>>You are exploiting a minor irrelevancy (because you likely have no true appreciation for the quality control and process involved with producing an audio drama) to service your overarching incredulity, again, 'just to stick it to us.'

I said it before -- you're as transparent as saran wrap with this charlatan behavior.

If you're going to remove Lost Frontier, or not include it solely because of the logic you listed above, not only are you being a hypocrite toward us, you're also doing it in full public view of anyone who can fire a few neurons and connect the dots while reading this thread. You're playing favorites, and it's obvious as hell.<<

Yeah, that kind of treatment always wins me over....

I think it's time for a little examination of why I started this thread (and the previous one as well).
__________________
Randy Hall
Captain of the U.S.S. Chesapeake Star Trek Club
http://www.usschesapeake.org
Captain Randy Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16 2010, 01:33 AM   #41
Captain Randy Hall
Commodore
 
Captain Randy Hall's Avatar
 
Location: Columbia, Maryland USA
Re: Upcoming Productions for June/July/August

Let me start by saying that I don't mean to put anyone down with this, but I want it to be as simple and easy as I can make it. Also, I fear that some folks just go to the list to see if their production is in the week's entry, but I do my best to follow a pattern that I think works in the fans' favor without overwhelming the film makers.

Let's look at two entries from a recent Friday listing.
>>RECENT RELEASES
Star Trek Defiant audio series
Episode #47: “Listening”
http://www.pendantaudio.com/defiant.php

Starship Farragut Animated
"The Needs of the Many"
http://www.farragut-animated.com/needs.html<<

Since this thread is as forward-looking as I can make it, I start off with the date. That doesn't have to be so much of a struggle. Some of the big dogs (including Romulan Wars, it seems) can give me a specific date when their effort will be available online. But I realize that's a luxury many fan film makers don't have. So just try and narrow it down as much as you can.

If you don't have the day, give us the week, and if that's not certain, the month within the June-July-August period. Let's use Lost Frontier for an example. Let's say that you expect to have one of your 18 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) episodes ready but aren't certain when one of them will be complete. If your best guess is a month, give us that, say July.

So your entry would start like this:
JULY

The next line is your group's name. I think the vast majority of fan films are live-action outings, but if you're into animation, audio, or puppets (!), your second line would be this:

Lost Frontier
or if it was animated: Lost Frontier (animated)

Now the third line might be tough if you have several projects in the hopper. My recommendation is that you choose the one that looks like it will be ready the soonest.

Let's say it's "The Moon Glowed Green." (That's just an all-purpose line I use when I don't have a sci-fi title.)

And lastly, the website where people can find your latest masterpiece. Most of the time, this is either the group's website or a YouTube location.

So we get this:

JULY
Star Trek: Lost Frontier
"The Moon Glowed Green"
www.lostfrontier.com

Again, I realize some won't even be able to meet a monthly deadline, but let us know if there'll be a delay, and I can update the listing of the projects.

Let me say again that I'm not trying to put anyone down with this post. I just think it's helpful for all the fan films to have as close to a deadline as they can manage, but my hope is that future films can be listed in time for a little bit of Mo Mentum to take place.

I hope this helps.

Randy
__________________
Randy Hall
Captain of the U.S.S. Chesapeake Star Trek Club
http://www.usschesapeake.org
Captain Randy Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16 2010, 01:40 AM   #42
Melonpool
Lieutenant Commander
 
Melonpool's Avatar
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
View Melonpool's Twitter Profile
Re: Upcoming Productions for June/July/August

We haven't shot a frame of ours yet -- and technically, it's not intended as a fan film -- but it is based on Star Trek: The Motion Picture and is using a lot of the same resources as the fan films. Is this something you'd like updates on? We're shooting for a Summer 2011 release... and the cast is made up entirely of puppets, so it has that going for it.
__________________
Read the Comic - Follow the Movie Blog - Watch the Puppets
Melonpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16 2010, 01:53 AM   #43
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: Hollywood, CA
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive
Re: Upcoming Productions for June/July/August

Captain Randy Hall wrote: View Post
>>One of the great things about the fan film community here is that when you get people on the same page and everyone understands that we all have the same goal in mind, these kinds of things don't get so overly blown out of proportion, as exampled here.

You and I, however, have failed in that same interaction over the last few days. I honestly don't even remember what the big brouhaha is all about anymore. I simply wanted LOST FRONTIER to not be misrepresented.

If you're goal, Randy, is as altruistic as you purport it to be, and all you really want to do is have a concise list of upcoming fan productions, it's a simple fix of just listing Lost Frontier in the 'Release Date Unknown' section.

I am truly, honestly, and sincerely mystified as to why that is so seemingly impossible.<<

OK, who are you and what have you done with Double? You didn't call me a "dickhead" even once.
I am not proud of that comment from the other day, and if I could take it back I would. Instead, I'll simply offer my apologies for letting my passion get the better of me in that reply to you.

That said, you again completely disregarded everything you just quoted from my previous post to continue this petulant back-and-forth.

Part of the problem is posts like this one:
>>You are exploiting a minor irrelevancy (because you likely have no true appreciation for the quality control and process involved with producing an audio drama) to service your overarching incredulity, again, 'just to stick it to us.'

I said it before -- you're as transparent as saran wrap with this charlatan behavior.

If you're going to remove Lost Frontier, or not include it solely because of the logic you listed above, not only are you being a hypocrite toward us, you're also doing it in full public view of anyone who can fire a few neurons and connect the dots while reading this thread. You're playing favorites, and it's obvious as hell.<<

Yeah, that kind of treatment always wins me over....
Randy, when you ignore the points I make as to why I feel the way I do, in favor of just making more reactive, nonsensical temper tantrums, it signals to me -- as I'm sure it does to many others who read this thread -- that you are incapable of having a rational, civilized and mature discourse on the issue, nor able to consider suggestions or well-intentioned critiques.
__________________
"You are the product. You feeling something. That's what sells. Not them. Not sex. They can't do what we do and they hate us for it."
--Don Draper

Last edited by doubleohfive; June 16 2010 at 02:22 AM.
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16 2010, 02:15 AM   #44
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: Hollywood, CA
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive
Re: Upcoming Productions for June/July/August

Captain Randy Hall wrote: View Post
Let me start by saying that I don't mean to put anyone down with this, but I want it to be as simple and easy as I can make it. Also, I fear that some folks just go to the list to see if their production is in the week's entry, but I do my best to follow a pattern that I think works in the fans' favor without overwhelming the film makers.

Let's look at two entries from a recent Friday listing.
>>RECENT RELEASES
Star Trek Defiant audio series
Episode #47: “Listening”
http://www.pendantaudio.com/defiant.php

Starship Farragut Animated
"The Needs of the Many"
http://www.farragut-animated.com/needs.html<<

Since this thread is as forward-looking as I can make it, I start off with the date. That doesn't have to be so much of a struggle. Some of the big dogs (including Romulan Wars, it seems) can give me a specific date when their effort will be available online. But I realize that's a luxury many fan film makers don't have. So just try and narrow it down as much as you can.

If you don't have the day, give us the week, and if that's not certain, the month within the June-July-August period. Let's use Lost Frontier for an example. Let's say that you expect to have one of your 18 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) episodes ready but aren't certain when one of them will be complete. If your best guess is a month, give us that, say July.

So your entry would start like this:
JULY

The next line is your group's name. I think the vast majority of fan films are live-action outings, but if you're into animation, audio, or puppets (!), your second line would be this:

Lost Frontier
or if it was animated: Lost Frontier (animated)

Now the third line might be tough if you have several projects in the hopper. My recommendation is that you choose the one that looks like it will be ready the soonest.

Let's say it's "The Moon Glowed Green." (That's just an all-purpose line I use when I don't have a sci-fi title.)

And lastly, the website where people can find your latest masterpiece. Most of the time, this is either the group's website or a YouTube location.

So we get this:

JULY
Star Trek: Lost Frontier
"The Moon Glowed Green"
www.lostfrontier.com

Again, I realize some won't even be able to meet a monthly deadline, but let us know if there'll be a delay, and I can update the listing of the projects.

Let me say again that I'm not trying to put anyone down with this post. I just think it's helpful for all the fan films to have as close to a deadline as they can manage, but my hope is that future films can be listed in time for a little bit of Mo Mentum to take place.

I hope this helps.

Randy
Well, for starters, as I have said numerous times, we just plain don't have a specific date or time we can give you. We are working on the 18 episodes all at once so we can release them without too much of a delay between each show.

I don't know how many times I have to explain that.

Once a batch of episodes (say, the first six) are done, they'll begin to be released, while we continue work on the next six shows.

It's a 'tiered release' schedule.

So, when your previous editions of "Upcoming Fan Productions" updates are structured like this:

Captain Randy Hall wrote: View Post
Since we're starting a new thread, I figured I'd put a list of new stuff out there so folks don't have to go back to March/April/May. Here we go:

RECENT RELEASES
Starship Farragut Animated
"The Needs of the Many"
http://www.farragut-animated.com/needs.html

Starship Excelsior audio series
“The Pursuit,” third season episode
http://www.starshipexcelsior.com

Star Trek: Phoenix
"Cloak and Dagger” (pilot episode)
http://www.stphoenix.com/

Star Trek Defiant audio series
Episode #46: “Caged”
http://www.pendantaudio.com/defiant.php

Star Trek: Osiris
Conclusion of “Eclipse,” its two-part pilot
http://www.stosiris.com/

Frontier Guard (Hidden Frontier)
Episode #110: “Gallant”
http://www.frontier-guard.com/

Star Trek: Kobayashi Maru
DMAC6806 at Go!Animate
http://startrekreviewed.blogspot.com/2009/06/63.html

Star Trek: In Thy Image
DMAC6806
http://startrekreviewed.blogspot.com/2009/06/63.html

NO RELEASE DATE GIVEN
Star Trek: Phase II
“Enemy Starfleet”
http://www.startrekphase2.com/

Star Trek: Imperium
http://startrekimperium.net/

Star Trek: The Romulan Wars Part 3
http://www.stromulanwars.com/index.html

Star Trek Requirius Parts 2 and 3
https://sites.google.com/site/startrekrequirius/

WARNING: “MATURE” CONTENT
Star Trek: Lost Frontier
Introduction and 15 audio episodes
http://www.darkerprojects.com/lostfrontier.php

Star Trek: Dark Frontier
"Reclamation,” the last in a five-part series
http://vimeo.com/11731801
...which, by the way, does NOT conform to the structure you just described in your last post...

...it becomes quite confusing to me why requesting that Lost Frontier get added to the "NO RELEASE DATE GIVEN" section is so troublesome and difficult a problem when it is seemingly not a problem for Phase II, Romulan Wars, or Requirius. I asked this same question about this very same exact issue up thread and it continues to be ignored. Why?

So, unless this format you described in such exhausting detail is the "new" format you've adopted, I would hereby ask respectfully that if you include Lost Frontier on any upcoming lists, to please do so in the "No Release Date Given" section, and for clarity's sake, minus the mature content warning.
__________________
"You are the product. You feeling something. That's what sells. Not them. Not sex. They can't do what we do and they hate us for it."
--Don Draper

Last edited by doubleohfive; June 16 2010 at 04:24 AM.
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16 2010, 04:05 AM   #45
Captain Randy Hall
Commodore
 
Captain Randy Hall's Avatar
 
Location: Columbia, Maryland USA
Re: Upcoming Productions for June/July/August

Melonpool wrote: View Post
We haven't shot a frame of ours yet -- and technically, it's not intended as a fan film -- but it is based on Star Trek: The Motion Picture and is using a lot of the same resources as the fan films. Is this something you'd like updates on? We're shooting for a Summer 2011 release... and the cast is made up entirely of puppets, so it has that going for it.
You might want to start your own thread on your project. If it's going to still be in the works after Labor Day, that would be really stretching the concept of this tread, but I'd sure like to get a peek at it when it's ready to go.
__________________
Randy Hall
Captain of the U.S.S. Chesapeake Star Trek Club
http://www.usschesapeake.org
Captain Randy Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
animation, fan film, live action, star trek

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.