Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 16 2012, 03:59 AM   #1471
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

It's not just what was said at the panel to the kid...Miguel does make a lot of sense to what Slott has teased. The only thing that Miguel doesn't have is the retractable claws...perse.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16 2012, 04:41 AM   #1472
JD
Admiral

Nick Ryder wrote: View Post
I dunno is Arno in 616? BUT it's interesting - or heh it's Rhodey. Is there any word if Rhodey still has a role somewhere in Marvel NOW?
Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I don't recall anything reading anything specific but I wouldn't be surprised to see Rhodey pop up in Gillen's Iron Man.
Is Rhodey Iron Man 2.0? I remember somebody saying something about IM 2.0 in an interview, I just can't remember which series it was referring to.
Old October 16 2012, 10:16 AM   #1473
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

He was, but I don't know if that is going through to Marvel Now or not.

Old October 17 2012, 07:53 PM   #1474
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
It's not just what was said at the panel to the kid...Miguel does make a lot of sense to what Slott has teased. The only thing that Miguel doesn't have is the retractable claws...perse.
Actually.. he kinda does. He has claws on his finger tips and on his feet.

[img]http://amazingspideysuits.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/spider-man-2099-costume.png]/img]

I think it's Miguel - or maybe "A" Miguel I mean they did sorta bring in that quasi-alternate 2099 Spidey in Exiles. If they brought in other Exiles characters into the 616 reality, makes sense ol' Miggy would show up somewhere.
Old October 18 2012, 03:13 PM   #1475
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

To add fuel to the speculation fire, Marvel is reprinting Andy "Alpha" Maguire's Amazing Spider-Man #682 introduction in January as Alpha #0.1. The reprint comes out January 16th, one week after Superior Spider-Man #1 releases on January 9th.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2012, 04:01 PM   #1476
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

There's an obvious objection to Alpha as Superior Spider-Man -- his age.

Slott has said that SSM and MJ will be a couple. MJ is somewhere in the vicinity of thirty. Alpha is a high school kid, sixteen or seventeen. While I suppose it's theoretically possible that MJ and Andy Maguire could be a couple, it's also awfully skeevy.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2012, 07:02 PM   #1477
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Unless there is some kind of weird age acceleration process to Andy that happens because of his wonky powers, then yeah I agree with Allyn. I'm still leaning on it being Miguel.

First look at Fraction's "Fantastic Four". It's not much...so I'm not going to judge yet...but I will say that I have a feeling that I'm not going to enjoy this as much as Hickman's run. A short leash indeed.

EDIT: Also it just occurred to me that Mark Bagley's Reed reminds me of Richard Parker a bit

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multime....php?aid=47830

Last edited by Admiral_Young; October 19 2012 at 04:53 AM.
Old October 19 2012, 05:08 AM   #1478
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Next week's previews, courtesy of CBR...
I'm down for Avengers 32 (more on the return of the Wasp!), AvX: Consequenses 3, Captain America 19 (final issue of Brubaker's run, and as I'm not picking up the new book, my final issue as well), FF 23 (Hickman's final issue, mine as well) and Journey into Mystery 645 (Gillen's final issue, and mine as well. Do you see a pattern here?).

Last edited by Turtletrekker; October 19 2012 at 05:44 AM.
Turtletrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2012, 05:36 AM   #1479
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Yep final issues before the start of Marvel Now. It's of course kind of already started with the launch of Uncanny Avengers, but most of the other books will be starting next month. That is why we're zooming through AVX: Consequences. It's also Iron Man's last issue, the same for Jason Aaron's Hulk book.

-Amazing Spider-Man #696 (Battle of the Hobgoblins!)
-Avengers #32 (Yes, I'm reading this because it is Bendis final arc)
-AVX: Consequences #3
-FF #23 (Hickman )
-Ultimate Comics Ultimates #17

Very short week from Marvel.

Old October 19 2012, 12:53 PM   #1480
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Incredible Hulk #15 (really glad this over, Aaron's Hulk went sideways sometime back)
Punisher War Zone #1 (the true beginning of the end with Rucka's run on Frank)
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2012, 10:58 PM   #1481
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I just finished reading Marvel Now Point One and I think now have a little bit more of an understanding why the Avengers members are going to be memory wiped after each mission. If you read the issue, you'll probably have picked up on it.

I'm also a little bit more excited for Fraction's FF than I was before, especially Mike Allred's art work. Young Avengers looks like it is going to be fun as well.

616 Agent Coulson is definately Agent Coulson I could hear Clark Gregg's voice when reading his dialogue.

Old October 25 2012, 05:05 AM   #1482
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

A week full of final issues.

Journey into Mystery 645 was a heart-breaking end to little Loki's journey as he confronts his evil self and comes out... victorious? The way JiM ends makes me very curious as to how the character will be used in Young Avengers.

FF 23-- The final end to Johnathon Hickman's epic run. Easily right up there with the Lee/Kirby and Byrne runs it will be best remembered for re-energizing the FF by re-discovering it's heart and soul with the classic family dynamic. Truly, as Hickman said in his farewell, deserving once more of the title "World's Greatest Comic Magazine".

Hickman will indeed be missed, but while I'm not getting Fraction's FF, I will be buying the "main" book. The Fantastic Four has always been my favorite Marvel team, and I am happy to give the new writer and direction a fair shot.

Captain America 19-- The end of Ed Brubaker's run. Wow. Was it really over 100 issues? A done-in-one that re-affirms Cap's dedication to his mission and the symbol of Captain America while he visits the Cap from the 50s in the hospital. A strong finish to a run that was mostly good, even epic at times, but has been slowly running out of steam for some time.

Avengers 32-- Still two more issues till this one ends. Yay! I really, really missed the Wasp and was grinning ear-to-ear at her reunion with her team-mates. Appropriately, the team rescuing her are essentially the the team she started with-- Iron Man, Thor, Pym and Cap, giving us a reunion of the original team sans Hulk for the final arc. Amusingly, Jan didn't even question Cap's being alive considering he was dead when she "died".
Old October 25 2012, 07:47 AM   #1483
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga

FF was great. i loved the adventures in Franklin's pocket universe.
Saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25 2012, 08:36 AM   #1484
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I am going to miss Hickman's Fantastic Four for all the reasons Turtletrekker so eloquently pointed out in his review. Fraction...you're on the clock and as I've said so many times already...going to be on a tight leash. You've got Bagely and Allred on art...so that's plus two on your side. Don't mess this up.

Old October 25 2012, 04:59 PM   #1485
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Dan Slott may have accidentally revealed the identity of the Superior Spider-Man... or he may simply be playing a joke on everyone.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote