RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,397
Members: 24,627
Currently online: 571
Newest member: space2050

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old September 16 2012, 03:21 AM   #1291
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Well the storyline that brought him back in - and I think how they wiped away the previous Nathaniel Richards, was that there were like a lot of alternate realities and each had a Nathaniel Richards and each of them were being hunted by their Celestials or something and of course they had a story where all those alternate Reeds who also hunted down their Dr. Dooms, killed them or made them slaves.

I need to go back into my Marvel Digital Unlimited database and see what issues those were. But yeah it was a weird storyline - the way they played it was that this Nathaniel Richards IS this Reed's real father. All the others were from other realities and he's the last one left because
Old September 16 2012, 03:27 AM   #1292
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

There can be only one.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2012, 03:48 AM   #1293
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

I think we may get some illumination about Nathaniel when (if) we ever see the end of Hickman's SHEILD series.
Old September 16 2012, 03:53 AM   #1294
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain

I had to admit, after reading SHIELD and then reading the other FF issues with Soooper Genius Nathaniel Richards, I kinda like the character more.

Although they make Howard Stark a lot nicer in SHIELD, not the raging asshole he usually is portrayed.
Old September 16 2012, 05:05 AM   #1295
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Where else have you met Howard StarK?

Compared to Brian Banner he has to be a walk in the park.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2012, 06:13 AM   #1296
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain

Well I'm reminded of some early/mid 90s Iron Man comics where they had Howard as this real asshole constantly berating Tony, or even in the Iron Man 2 tie in comics where he's riding Tony pretty hard of course I suppose war and other shit can change a man. Tony was pretty much an asshole from from Disassembled through Secret Invasion
Old September 16 2012, 10:35 AM   #1297
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

I don't believe it was Reed's dad. The character was wearing an eye patch, looked more slender and had long "bright" gray hair. I was thinking that perhaps Future Val and Franklin might have got stuck in the present somehow and are going to be sticking around. Or perhaps it was a variant cover and I'm reading too much into this.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2012, 10:19 PM   #1298
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

There is new speculation that the "Superior" announcement MAY have to do with Spider-Man now. Of course this is just sheer speculation. Dan Slott has been working on the plot of Amazing Spider-Man #700 recently and tweeted and posted on facebook that he's expecting/anticipating a lot of hate mail from the fandom for what he has planned. We've already been told that the issue will be a "game changer" and affect the entire Marvel Universe.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marv...ment-2013.html

Old September 16 2012, 10:40 PM   #1299
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
There is new speculation that the "Superior" announcement MAY have to do with Spider-Man now. Of course this is just sheer speculation. Dan Slott has been working on the plot of Amazing Spider-Man #700 recently and tweeted and posted on facebook that he's expecting/anticipating a lot of hate mail from the fandom for what he has planned. We've already been told that the issue will be a "game changer" and affect the entire Marvel Universe.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marv...ment-2013.html
Well I hope it isn't something lame like killing Peter Parker AGAIN.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2012, 10:45 PM   #1300
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I seriously doubt that, although I am anticipating another major character death. Peter's decree of "No More Deaths" hasn't exactly worked out well for him lately. He made this declaration after Marla Jameson was killed in the Spider-Slayer story line. For some reason I feel like Hobgoblin is going to be involved heavily in the issue. Slott has been setting up Phil for something huge down the road.

Old September 16 2012, 10:53 PM   #1301
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

I seriously doubt that, although I am anticipating another major character death. Peter's decree of "No More Deaths" hasn't exactly worked out well for him lately. He made this declaration after Marla Jameson was killed in the Spider-Slayer story line. For some reason I feel like Hobgoblin is going to be involved heavily in the issue. Slott has been setting up Phil for something huge down the road.
You know I just thought about it and I can see one character they could kill off that could generate this big fan hate mail thing Slott is expecting and not just because of the character's death, but because of how it affects a certain recent infamous storyline in hindsight.

And to be honest if it happens I'm going to be laughing my ass off.
Old September 16 2012, 11:20 PM   #1302
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I'm guessing you would be referring to MJ. It would infuriate the fan base indeed. I know I'd be pissed off LOL ...especially since there has been speculation since Spider-Island that Slott has been slowly undoing One More Day. We'll have to wait until for December to find out what happens, next month for the Superior announcement.

Old September 16 2012, 11:56 PM   #1303
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

I'm guessing you would be referring to MJ. It would infuriate the fan base indeed. I know I'd be pissed off LOL ...especially since there has been speculation since Spider-Island that Slott has been slowly undoing One More Day. We'll have to wait until for December to find out what happens, next month for the Superior announcement.
Actually I was thinking May Parker because it would mean that the marriage was erased for nothing.
Old September 17 2012, 12:10 AM   #1304
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Ah okay. My mistake. My thought that MJ's death would be more impactful in that regard since she's actually the one who made the deal with Mephisto, as revealed in One Moment in Time. I see your point though regarding Aunt May. I actually thought at one time that Jay Jameson might be a disguise for Mephisto...I believe that we'll see Mephisto in the issue as well.

Old September 17 2012, 04:49 AM   #1305
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain

Betty Brant... lol just because.