Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old September 15 2012, 12:05 AM   #1276
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

^Yes. Both he and Sue circa Avengers 297-305. They were on leave from the FF at the time.
Old September 15 2012, 12:09 AM   #1277
JD
Admiral

Oh, cool. I didn't know any of the FF had ever been Avengers.
Old September 15 2012, 12:10 AM   #1278
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Avengers 300, while he was supposed to be living in the suburbs with Sue. Ben was running the Fantastic Four. They only stayed for half a dozen issues.

http://www.comics.org/issue/45864/cover/4/

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2012, 12:23 AM   #1279
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Avengers 300, while he was supposed to be living in the suburbs with Sue. Ben was running the Fantastic Four. They only stayed for half a dozen issues.

http://www.comics.org/issue/45864/cover/4/
That was a very specific time in Marvel history. Avengers 300 showed Steve Rogers in his "Captain" uniform and was an "Inferno" crossover to boot!
JD wrote: View Post
Oh, cool. I didn't know any of the FF had ever been Avengers.
The Thing is an Avenger right now. Has been for over a year. He was also part of the West Coast Avengers back in the 80s.
Old September 15 2012, 03:18 AM   #1280
Mike Farley
Commodore

Johnny is the only FF member who's never been an Avenger if memory serves. Even most of the fill-in members are Avengers too.
Mike Farley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2012, 03:33 AM   #1281
Santa Kang
Fleet Admiral

Marvel has filed to claim the Miracleman trade mark and already own Marvelman. Which makes sense, as the character has appeared under both names.

I'll idly speculate that one name can be used to continue the story started by Moore, while the other can be used to bring Marvelman into the Marvel Universe. The most powerful hero in the Marvel Universe is a Brit!!!!!

Realistically they just don't want anyone else using the name.
Old September 15 2012, 03:43 AM   #1282
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Ben was just following a girl. Flamebird? he was following her, and spent too much time hanging out with the west coast Avengers that they thought that he was into them. Ben wasn't. Hawkeye asked him to sign up. He said no thank you and rolled off into the sunset with the girl who starts crying... "Why didn't they ask me? I wanted to be an Avenger, but they didn't ask me."

Old September 15 2012, 03:55 AM   #1283
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Mike Farley wrote: View Post
Johnny is the only FF member who's never been an Avenger if memory serves. Even most of the fill-in members are Avengers too.
There was an avengers spoltlight, solo avengers (A mini series.)from about a year or two back, maybe before he died, where Johnny had a big blub about how he had never been asked to join the Avengers.

Old September 15 2012, 04:02 AM   #1284
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

I just finished reading Fantastic Four #610. Next month is the final issue of Jonathan Hickman's glorious run. I have said this before and I most likely will continue to say it during Fraction's run...he's going to be missed so much. What a glorious bastard. I can't wait to see what he has in mind for his grand finale. The cover teases the Future Foundation along with Galactus and Silver Surfer on it.

I noticed on I believe the Fraction FF cover we have who I assume is an older Johnny Storm? I don't know who it is. I don't think it's older Franklin, it's a dude with long gray hair and an eye patch. Also I found it curious on the Fantastic Four cover that Val looks a little older on it.

Also that New Avengers cover...it should be noted all those characters are Illuminanti Edit: Ah never mind. The article did note that. LOL

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.

Last edited by Admiral_Young; September 15 2012 at 05:15 AM.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2012, 09:16 PM   #1285
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Huh. We didn't get any previews for next week's books from CBR, Newsarama, and so forth. They're usually on-line by Thursday evening.
Old September 15 2012, 09:31 PM   #1286
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Haven't bought a comic in years, feel so out of touch, but some of those X-books actually look like they're getting good again. Part of me wants to check it out but part of me's scared to start getting into back into it...
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2012, 09:37 PM   #1287
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

^The Marvel Now! books are supposed to be good jumping on points for pretty much the entire line. Building on what came before, of course, but with new story-arcs and fresh approaches.
Old September 15 2012, 10:13 PM   #1288
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

With how they're melding the mutants into the Avengers and other teams, it almost seems like they're trading hostages so that another war doesn't start up.

Actually?

If fear itself had finished differently, lasted longer or the Phoenix turned up sooner?

The Serpent vs. the Phoenix?

What if comics always seem like a good idea on the cover.

Old September 16 2012, 01:01 AM   #1289
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I just finished reading Fantastic Four #610. Next month is the final issue of Jonathan Hickman's glorious run. I have said this before and I most likely will continue to say it during Fraction's run...he's going to be missed so much. What a glorious bastard. I can't wait to see what he has in mind for his grand finale. The cover teases the Future Foundation along with Galactus and Silver Surfer on it.

I noticed on I believe the Fraction FF cover we have who I assume is an older Johnny Storm? I don't know who it is. I don't think it's older Franklin, it's a dude with long gray hair and an eye patch. Also I found it curious on the Fantastic Four cover that Val looks a little older on it.

Also that New Avengers cover...it should be noted all those characters are Illuminanti Edit: Ah never mind. The article did note that. LOL
It could be Reed's father, Nathaniel Richards. He's usually hanging out with the Richards kids. Could have been Johnny, but more likely Nathaniel. He was around way back in the 90s when Franklin was sent to the future and came back with a pony tail and fronted FANTASTIC FORCE! Yes. It was as... 90s as it sounds.

But Reed's old man has been around for a quite a while now actually, at least a couple years. I think since just after Civil War. And Valeria seems to like hanging out with him
Old September 16 2012, 01:29 AM   #1290
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

So when did Nathaniel admit he was lying when he claimed to be Doom's father as well?

They swept a lot of shit under the rug with Heroes Reborn.