TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 25 2012, 03:29 AM   #436
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga
Re: Heroic Age/Avengers Ongoing Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

i really liked Powers and his run on Daredevil was really good...i just hate everything he did/is doing with Avengers. i got back into X-Men because i wanted a Marvel team book to read.
Saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2012, 03:37 AM   #437
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Uh-Oh. I wonder what this will mean for ReGenesis and Kieron Gillen and Jason Aaron? Is the Schism going to be over? I kind of hope not. Oh, I just saw that this is Rich saying industry insiders told him. He has turned out to be right about many things, but until the other sites start reporting it I'll take this as speculation for now.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2012, 04:53 AM   #438
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

He is replacing Gillen on UXM.

Good luck with HoM Part 2.
Hound of UIster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2012, 04:56 AM   #439
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

That's fine then if true, I've not seen this anywhere else yet, I'd be fine with Bendis taking over on Uncanny. It's been positively boring compared to Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men. Aaron is leaving WXM??

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marv...es-120222.html

Old February 25 2012, 05:17 AM   #440
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

I'll miss Gillen on Uncanny, but will follow him to whatever project he has coming up next.
Old February 27 2012, 02:40 AM   #441
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Bendis sort of addresses the X-Men rumour in a post on his message board, pretty much dismisses it and boasts that what he is working on after AVX is so much more than that. I suspect they're waiting for the next big con to reveal just exactly what he is working on. Axel Alonso also stated a few weeks back, or maybe it was Breevort, that they already have the next Avengers writer in place. I'm guessing we'll find out both these things in the summer time.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/02/...-brian-bendis/

Also what's funny is that Rich of course is going with his previous story. The sheer arrogance of this guy, fascinates me.

Old March 2 2012, 04:36 AM   #442
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Jonathan Hickman is concluding his epic Fantastic Four run at the end of the year, we of course already knew about Bendis leaving Avengers...I really hope someone equally as good as Hickman (don't know who that would be at Marvel) takes over on Fantastic Four.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/03/...rs-its-coming/

Just finished reading Avengers #23 and New Avengers # 22. While I might be the only one actually enjoying the Hammer War arc, I still feel like this should have been the end point of Dark Reign instead of Siege. Norman has once again been able to use the media and manipulate the public's (for all the Avengers have ever done for the people, you'd think they'd be more smarter than this) perception of the Avengers and turn them into a mob. He has also managed to get the United States government (Obama has really been written in a bad light in this lol) to negotiate with terrorists (Hammer, AIM, Hydra, etc) and essentially bow to their demands so far. Same old Bendis stuff. I don't know why I continue with this. Peter is essentially useless comedic fodder in both books. You'd think that since we're dealing with Peter's greatest villain, that wow, he'd have a more important role instead of Bendis giving lame one liners and making him seem like a moron. Also Luke allows his personal feelings to compromise his leadership of the New Avengers too much.

Last edited by Admiral_Young; March 2 2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old March 2 2012, 01:44 PM   #443
Mr Light
Admiral

Hickman leaving FF???? Boooooooo! I've really enjoyed his run. My only complaint is that it's too cold and scientific and missing the silliness... and that's with one book staring just the kids!

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2 2012, 01:47 PM   #444
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Yeah I'll be really disappointed if he leaves, but he has had a pretty long run. I think he started two or three years ago? The more recent FF creative team runs haven't been long. I wonder what other changes Marvel has in store. SDCC has the potential to be really huge for announcements concerning Marvel's post AVX plans.

Old March 3 2012, 04:28 AM   #445
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Venom #13.4 - Another good issue. It was good to see plenty of Alejandra in human form since she's been as GR so much the last few issues. Her inexperience showing still but finally perhaps some growth and understanding about that which she and the GR are about. I liked seeing Zarathos as a free demon searching out a host. Venom and Hulk had little for most of the issue again as did X-23. Venom had a few good lines but made it clear he's going to be a big player in the finale. So how again is a Zarathos bonding to Venom work again? Flash essentially has two parasites grafted/joined to him. That's got to leave some scars eventually.

Moon Knight #10 - When Bendis really f's it up he f's it up in style. Too bad someone who didn't understand how to use MK couldn't be assigned to 'save' the book or start this volume.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2012, 08:46 AM   #446
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Remender is definitely putting Flash through the ringer in this arc, one of the points of it though IMO was exactly that. I'm just tossing out a guess here (haven't read it yet) , but I'm assuming that Zatharos was attracted to the darkness that the symbiont exhibits. Flash after all is just the host and it feeds off a person's negative emotions...thus resulting in them becoming corrupt if they're a good person. I'm guessing that after the conclusion of this arc Flash will return to base and they'll continue to deal with his personal problems. @Captain Craig...I'm curious...will you continue with the book after the Circle of Four arc is concluded? Or are you just reading it due to it being a heavy GR arc?

Old March 3 2012, 05:27 PM   #447
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

That sounds like as logical a reason for Zarathos to bond to Flash as any. The visual was cool, apparently the merger of all 3 makes him so big Alejandra was riding on his left shoulder in that last splash panel.

I'm not likely to keep reading Venom after Circle of Four after this arc concludes. The heavy GR crossover story was my reason for reading it. I mean as we concluded it's a GR story anyway with the others in a more supporting role really. I do like Remender, I'm planning to get his Punisher runs when the Omnibus comes out in April. I'm just not sold on Flash as Venom in this military set-up.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2012, 02:23 AM   #448
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Awww...that is too bad. To each their own, I'm actually quite surprised as I mentioned before how much I've been enjoying it

Old March 4 2012, 02:55 AM   #449
Mr Light
Admiral

My Top Ten Marvel Comics:
1. Avengers: I still feel this is the preeminent Marvel title. The Hammer story feels a little padded, though.
2. New Avengers: ditto.
3. Amazing Spider-Man: I really love the big stories like Spider Island.
4. Fantastic Four: Hickman's run has been really fascinating with a huge finale. Too bad they can't get a decent artist.
5. Avengers Academy: I started off really not caring about this book, but starting with Fear Itself I came to enjoy the characters, and I really like the new larger class setting.
6. Wolverine and the X-Men: I like the whismical tone, the X books are too gloomy lately. great art too!
7. Iron Man: Fraction's run has always been entertaining
8. Thunderbolts: I really loved this pre-Fear Itself, but the art remains stellar. I'm sick of the time travel, though.
9. Incredible Hulk: mainly for the art!
10. The Ultimates: Hickman is doing interesting stuff with the Ultiverse.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2012, 03:00 AM   #450
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

My top ten Marvel books right now are:

1. Wolverine and the X-Men
2. Amazing Spider-Man
3. Fantastic Four
4. FF
5. Ultimate Comics Spider-Man
6. The Incredible Hulk
7. Venom
8. Avengers
9. New Avengers
10. Ultimate Comics Ultmates