RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 145,455
Posts: 5,728,197
Members: 25,785
Currently online: 469
Newest member: Shyaporn


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy All your nerd stuff goes here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old May 30 2014, 10:31 PM   #3736
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral
 
Allyn Gibson's Avatar
 
Location: South Pennsyltucky
View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Fist McStrongpunch wrote: View Post
Bleeding Cool is postulating that Marvel might cancel 616 and Ultimate Fantastic 4 to pressure Fox to give back the movie rights.
Bleeding Cool's follow-up article is interesting.

And flawed. There's one thing that Rich doesn't mention. The evidence he's run that Marvel has put the kibosh on the Fantastic Four comes from people doing work for licensees. Specifically, trading card licensees. All that truly means is that Marvel doesn't want the Fantastic Four and related characters on trading cards for reasons unknown. You can't get from there to the conclusion that the Fantastic Four are pawns in Marvel's hypothetical war with Fox. Lots of assumptions happening, very little evidence.

I don't see any reason why or how Marvel ceasing to publish Fantastic Four would harm Fox in any way with their films because, statistically speaking, a fraction of one percent of the film's audience will have ever read a Fantastic Four comic.

If Marvel wants or needs a Fantastic Four-like concept in the MCU, perhaps they could buy Doom's IV from Rob Liefeld. I'm not saying that they should, just that the possibility (after the Angela purchase) is there.
__________________
"When David Marcus cited the great thinkers of history -- "Newton, Einstein, Surak" -- Newt Gingrich did not make his list." -- 24 January 2012

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30 2014, 10:53 PM   #3737
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

What if the new big bad in Fantastic Four comics is a sleazy asshole called "Fox"?

And he's a time traveller from the past!

The 20th Century Fox!

How do I get to see Megan Hilty in an Invisible Girl costume without kidnapping and storing her down a well?

(It just seems like too much work.)
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz

Last edited by Guy Gardener; May 30 2014 at 11:15 PM.
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30 2014, 11:04 PM   #3738
Mr Light
Admiral
 
Location: Pennsylvania
View Mr Light's Twitter Profile
Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Hickman's already leaving Avengers? Feels like he just started! I wonder who will suceed him?
__________________
Z List Author. www.derekbeebe.com
Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30 2014, 11:10 PM   #3739
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral
 
Turtletrekker's Avatar
 
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Mr Light wrote: View Post
Hickman's already leaving Avengers? Feels like he just started! I wonder who will suceed him?
He still has about a year until his story is done.
__________________
I hate having thoughts on the top of my head. They usually jump off and commit suicide.
Turtletrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30 2014, 11:14 PM   #3740
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

After the movie that came out last week... Is it possible that Quicksilver is now an A-list character?

Too important for Peter David's little X-Factor nonesense?

Although technically he is simultaneously in the unity Avengers and X-Factor, but that's neither here nor there, because someone important up top is going to say, "this bitch smells like money, give him a fricking book."

"Quicksiver and the Avengers"
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2014, 01:56 AM   #3741
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral
 
Hound of UIster's Avatar
 
Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
Fist McStrongpunch wrote: View Post
Bleeding Cool is postulating that Marvel might cancel 616 and Ultimate Fantastic 4 to pressure Fox to give back the movie rights.
Bleeding Cool's follow-up article is interesting.

And flawed. There's one thing that Rich doesn't mention. The evidence he's run that Marvel has put the kibosh on the Fantastic Four comes from people doing work for licensees. Specifically, trading card licensees. All that truly means is that Marvel doesn't want the Fantastic Four and related characters on trading cards for reasons unknown. You can't get from there to the conclusion that the Fantastic Four are pawns in Marvel's hypothetical war with Fox. Lots of assumptions happening, very little evidence.

I don't see any reason why or how Marvel ceasing to publish Fantastic Four would harm Fox in any way with their films because, statistically speaking, a fraction of one percent of the film's audience will have ever read a Fantastic Four comic.

If Marvel wants or needs a Fantastic Four-like concept in the MCU, perhaps they could buy Doom's IV from Rob Liefeld. I'm not saying that they should, just that the possibility (after the Angela purchase) is there.
Wouldn't put it past Perlmutter to do this.
__________________
Live Long and Prosper
Hound of UIster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2014, 05:58 AM   #3742
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral
 
Admiral_Young's Avatar
 
Location: Gotham
View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

As I've reported in the thread before @Mr. Light Hickman's grand finale is next May's "Time Runs Out".
__________________
Admiral Young
Chief of Operations

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2014, 01:48 PM   #3743
Mr Light
Admiral
 
Location: Pennsylvania
View Mr Light's Twitter Profile
Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Yeah, I know, we're routinely told about events that happen almost a year in the future
__________________
Z List Author. www.derekbeebe.com
Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2014, 05:02 PM   #3744
Aldo
Admiral
 
Aldo's Avatar
 
Location: Somewhere Out there beneath the pale moonlight.
Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Mr Light wrote: View Post
Yeah, I know, we're routinely told about events that happen almost a year in the future
You might know if you happened to read the thread.

So this month's Guardians of the Galaxy (issue 15, not the movie prelude) was a huge tease! They put Captain Marvel on the cover and implied she was going to be showing up to rescue the Guardians...

She's nowhere at all in the issue!! And no, I didn't make a typo and really was saying she's in Knowhere, she's not in the issue at all! I know they used to do teases like this in the past, but I never thought I'd be duped by a comic book cover in this day and age.
__________________
Don't believe everything I say.
Aldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2014, 06:49 PM   #3745
Saga
Rear Admiral
 
Saga's Avatar
 
Location: VA
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga
Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Aldo wrote: View Post
Mr Light wrote: View Post
Yeah, I know, we're routinely told about events that happen almost a year in the future
You might know if you happened to read the thread.

So this month's Guardians of the Galaxy (issue 15, not the movie prelude) was a huge tease! They put Captain Marvel on the cover and implied she was going to be showing up to rescue the Guardians...

She's nowhere at all in the issue!! And no, I didn't make a typo and really was saying she's in Knowhere, she's not in the issue at all! I know they used to do teases like this in the past, but I never thought I'd be duped by a comic book cover in this day and age.
that irritated me too.
THIS ISSUE...CAPTAIN MARVEL! *

*not appearing in this issue: Captain Marvel.
Saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2014, 07:15 PM   #3746
Fist McStrongpunch
Rear Admiral
 
Fist McStrongpunch's Avatar
 
Location: Milwaukeeish
Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Bendis apologizes, saying that the story changed after the cover was done. She'll show up next issue.
__________________
You all laugh when I look at boxes and talk about robot costumes. Robots, my friends, are no laughing matter.
Fist McStrongpunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2014, 10:36 PM   #3747
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Well the stories were supposed to be bookended, and the Guardians did appear in Captain Marvel, but then with that writer, and that artist in control, who gives a damn.

I cannot believe how much Daredevil I own after Frank Miller left because Frank Miller was awesome but at the time I didn't understand that bad comics existed, and that bad creative teams would consistently make bad comics even with great characters.

By the way...

The Red Hulk is dead.

The Thunderbolts died in Hell.

The world is just a little happier today.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2014, 12:26 AM   #3748
Mr Light
Admiral
 
Location: Pennsylvania
View Mr Light's Twitter Profile
Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

The Red Hulk DIED?! I forgot he even existed. Did he officially leave the Avengers at some point? And how many months before he comes back?
__________________
Z List Author. www.derekbeebe.com
Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2014, 12:38 AM   #3749
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Ross has been leading the Thunderbolts for maybe a year.

His Thunderbolts were: Deadpool, Punisher, Venom, Elektra, THE (red) LEADER (It was just like in NCIS how Gibbs would smack DeNozo in the back of the head whenever he was a dick... But y'know, Ross would smack the Leader in the back of the head whenever he thought about killing the Thunderbolts.) Mercy and Ghostrider.

Quite a fun ride.

I still remember 8 year old Hiro from Heroes who had time travelled into his adult body and gone to a comic shop to feel good about the world but upon seeing the Red Hulk concluded that the future sucked.

Haven't seen Red She Hulk in a while either.

Has Jeph Loeb pissed off Marvel somehow?

Oh something Deadpool said...

"I love New York. It's the only place in the world that people don't immediately run screaming in terror from me. They all think I'm Spider-Man."
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2014, 01:08 AM   #3750
Mr. Adventure
Admiral
 
Mr. Adventure's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Adventure
Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
If Marvel wants or needs a Fantastic Four-like concept in the MCU, perhaps they could buy Doom's IV from Rob Liefeld. I'm not saying that they should, just that the possibility (after the Angela purchase) is there.
I would hope a comic company with seasoned personnel like Marvel could come up with a premise as good as Doom's IV over a cigarette break.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
avengers, marvel comics, spider-man

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.