Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old June 9 2013, 06:48 PM   #2641
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
Monica will be going by the code-name "Spectrum".

I was kind of interested in this until I learned of the creative team. I used to not mind Greg Land, but I've gotten tired of his work.
Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
^ I think everyone has...I dropped "Iron Man" partially due to Land's art.
I stopped picking up comics years ago and he was tired then but he must have his fans somewhere (even if only in Marvel's offices).
Mr. Adventure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 9 2013, 07:32 PM   #2642
DarKush
Rear Admiral

Mighty Avengers is the best news I've heard come out of Marvel in a very long time. Looking forward to this book's debut.

Glad to see Marvel remembering Blue Marvel and they've given Monica a new code name so hopefully that means she'll get a new status in Mighty Avengers and throughout the Marvel universe.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9 2013, 08:32 PM   #2643
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

DarKush wrote: View Post

Glad to see Marvel remembering Blue Marvel and they've given Monica a new code name so hopefully that means she'll get a new status in Mighty Avengers and throughout the Marvel universe.
Codename roulette rarely works to a character's advantage.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 9 2013, 08:41 PM   #2644
JD
Admiral

kirk55555 wrote: View Post
Screw Avengers Arena.

Ok, I actually do kind of agree with you on this. I've been baffled by AA since they first announced it. They've gathered together a whole bunch of characters who seem to have quite a few fans, only to put them together and kill them off one by one. It's like they're trying to alienate as many of their readers as possible. I can see wanting to get in on the whole Battle Royale/The Hunger Games craze, but if you ask me it would have made more since to just pick one or two preexisting characters and then put them with a bunch of new characters. At least that way readers won't be losing a character they like every time they kill someone.
Old June 9 2013, 10:02 PM   #2645
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

Since nobody stays dead, what is the shock value anyway?

The only shock value can come from the means of death - So if Wolverine skull-fucked Reed Richards to death - that might have some shock value - but death itself? Surely really no worst than the flu.
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10 2013, 12:27 AM   #2646
DarKush
Rear Admiral

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
DarKush wrote: View Post

Codename roulette rarely works to a character's advantage.
I'm hoping that the new name for Monica is a permanent one and means that her stature within the Marvel Universe will be upgraded. I think it's a good name change. I like it better than Photon.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10 2013, 01:08 AM   #2647
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

There's no adamantium in Logan's coozer and Reed's skull after death is going to be super accommodating so I don't really see how you're being dramatic? Besides, considering Richard's powerset, he is on a short list of the few people in the world that can have working 20/20 vision, and live, after being Skullfucked.

Wolverine would be on that list too.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz

Last edited by Guy Gardener; June 10 2013 at 02:17 AM.
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10 2013, 01:35 AM   #2648
Mr Light
Admiral

Can we get a complete list on that, Guy?

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10 2013, 02:47 AM   #2649
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

(This is only in reference to nondecapitated skullfucking, because surviving your head being ripped off your shoulders is a chore in itself that makes surviving a skullfucking seem trite.)

I was thinking possibly Hank Pym at full Goliath size? If a "regular" sized penis punctured his eye ball, it wouldn't be hardly any more invasive than lite eye surgery.

Oh, and Shadowcat of course.

You'd have to have superhuman strength to fuck your way through/into the current of Cyclops Optic blast.

I know I said "and still have 20/20 vision" but you have to take note that Nick Fury's empty ocular cavity is not only preprepared for a good skull fucking, but it's probably not even empty and has traps in it to catch any penis off guard stupid enough to think it can get away with Skull fucking Nick Fury.

Is there such a thing as an astral penis to skull fuck Stephen Strange's third eye?

Husk.

The Lizard (Wolverine earlier covers anyone with a healing factor, but the Lizards healing factor is like Deadpool times 11.).

Dead Girl? (She used to date Doctor Strange for a While.)

So you're about to skull fuck a still living Jamie Madrox the Multiple Man, and at the point of penetration (pun intended) when his powers do multiply him, it usually multiplies the clothes he is wearing, his wallet and on one occasion that I saw, also a gun he had in his pocket... So if most of your penis is inside Jamie Madrox's skull at the point of his death and it triggers one last knee jerk multiplication of himself... Is the dupe "fine" or do you yourself, being so intimately connected to Madrox at the moment of division (Odd no? Division and multiplication is the same thing here.) also become multiplied which has a knock on effect of creating a million, million, million new versions of you connected genitally to Madrox's face, or are there questions of mass, that his powers can't make another entirely new you every time they're triggered and so it's just a million, million, million dying Madrox Corpses synced up to what appears to be a million, million, million familiar severed penises?

The Swarm, is a swarm of bees who are haunted and possessed by the ghost of a NAZI scientist clinging to his unburied Skeleton. How many beestings to the penis can someone usually take before they pass out? So maybe if the Bees were sleeping, but they probably sleep in shifts, and does the NAZI Ghost sleep? If he did sleep, wouldn't the the bees just fly away? Maybe the bees like pretending they're people? But Like churning butter, odds are that you are going to turn a lot of innocent bees into a fine paste with your dick before you pass out from bee venom toxicity. It doesn't sound "worth it" but you have to remember that this guy was, and still is a NAZI.

Others...

Last edited by Guy Gardener; June 10 2013 at 03:31 AM.
Old June 10 2013, 03:22 AM   #2650
Mr Light
Admiral

thank you for that, made my night

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10 2013, 07:37 AM   #2651
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

No problem.

I can't believe that I forgot about the skullfucking potential of Hydroman and Sandman.

OH!

And Spot! That teleporter with chalk white skin covered in portable holes. Although I wouldn't trust him. You try to Skullfuck Spot and the other end of the portable hole you're logjamming turns out to be up inside your own ass.

I suppose the human Orca's blowhole is just cheating?

Old June 10 2013, 08:04 AM   #2652
Mike Farley
Commodore

And what's her name from the UFoes. She turns into gas.
Mike Farley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2013, 07:26 PM   #2653
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Marvel's September Solicits. There's going to be A LOT of pulls this month between the big two.

http://www.newsarama.com/18089-marve...citations.html

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2013, 03:02 AM   #2654
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Punisher: Trial of the Punisher - sounds like a possible way to try and piggy back off the great Rucka run and put a sour epilogue to it. Curious all the same.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2013, 06:49 AM   #2655
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

My only pull this week was Guardians of the Galaxy 3, so I just skipped going to my LCS this week and will pick it up next week.

Next week's previews...

A+X #9
Avengers #14
Cable & X-Force #10
Captain Marvel #13
Fantastic Four #9
Indestructible Hulk #9
Morbius: The Living Vampire #6
New Avengers #7
Superior Spider-Man #12
Thunderbolts #11
Ultimate Comics Spider-Man
Ultimate Comics Ultimates #26
Uncanny Avengers #0
X-Factor #258
X-Men Legacy #12

My pulls include Avengers 14, Fantastic Four 9, Indestructible Hulk 9 and New Avengers 7.

I thought AoU # 10 came out this week?