Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 11 2013, 10:50 AM   #2536
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

So I got myself a marvel unlimited sub - what a piece of shit the app (on both Android and ios) is - you can't just go from one comic to the next, constantly freezes, slow, downloading comics only works randomly - absolute rubbish.
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13 2013, 08:51 PM   #2537
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Mr Light wrote: View Post
Have Green Goblin and Dr Octopus ever interacted in continuity...?
You'd think they have but my first thought was some incarnation of the Sinister Six but a look at the Wiki page and the various incarnations seems to say no, they haven't.

It seems Osborn was part of the Sinister Twelve only, no 6 membership for him(Hobby was in those), and Doc Ock wasn't around for that.

Anyone know an example where GG&DOck work together or meet?
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2013, 12:29 AM   #2538
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

^ As I posted earlier I don't think they have or I can't recall any example...other than in the Ultimate Universe where Otto worked for Norman.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2013, 11:35 PM   #2539
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

We're getting a Scarlet Spider/Superior Spider-Man crossover in August. This is something that I've been waiting for since "Dying Wish". Yost has had Kaine kind of acknowledge Spider-Man in his book, albeit very briefly. This should be very interesting.

http://marvel.com/news/story/20617/s...spider_reunite

Old May 15 2013, 02:29 AM   #2540
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga

it should be especially interesting since Kane killed Otto.
Saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2013, 02:41 AM   #2541
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

^ Exactly. There are lots of interesting things that could and should be explored in this two parter. I wonder if Kaine will be able to detect that his "brother" isn't himself? I doubt this will be the case but it should be tons of fun!

Old May 16 2013, 06:27 AM   #2542
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga

this week's FF was a lot of fun. but man, Age of Ultron just continues to drag on and on. its so AWFUL.
Saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2013, 08:08 AM   #2543
Mr Light
Admiral

Only two episodes left to Age of Ultron and I just keep caring less with every issue. Morgana La Fey? Yawn. This is by far the most disappointing "summer crossover" of the past decade. At least Final Crisis worked on SOME level. At least Fear Itself was an enjoyable romp even if it ended up having little consequences.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2013, 08:20 AM   #2544
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I stopped after issue two. This was worse than Fear Itself and Avengers Vs X-Men. This really should have been kept in it's original five issue arc as Bendis' "Avengers" grand finale instead of being made an unnecessary event. I'm slightly curious about Angela (I know most fans could probably care less about her, and the ending). I might get this in trade from the library when it comes out but otherwise it's been truly disappointing.

Old May 16 2013, 10:03 AM   #2545
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

10 issues! I thought Age of Ultron was going to be 6.

If Morgana is making a grab for power, where the frakk is Merlin and Arthur?

(Not even (re)born yet according to Iron Man vol 1 #250.)

That's what I loved about (the direct to video movie) Stargate Continuum when Baal did this. After spending 50 years building an empire, he comes to earth and DOESN'T WANT TO FRAKK IT DEATH... Because Earth is a cool place to live (heroine and sodomy parties?) with fantastic pleasures (X-Box and pizza?) to offer that the Goul'd slave worlds pale to in comparrison.

Baal just forgot about the consistent glue that holds any universe together... "Bitches be crazy."

"Sigh"

Loved this from Buffy...

The Master "How do you know that the other world will be any better?"

Giles: "Anything is better than this."

Reality check: I just swooned.

Did you just swoon?

Memories of Emma Caufield flooded my visual cortext, and I swooned.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2013, 10:40 AM   #2546
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Nova #4 was good...this series has impressed me quite a bit. As I mentioned a few pages ago, the Chitauri did make their 616 debut. Look like their movie design. They are in league with an alien Tiger that used to be a Nova Corp member with Sam's father. They uncovered an Ultimate Nulifer which Sam has now and put in the trash thinking no one would find it lol.

Agreed regarding FF. This book continues to be fun.

Old May 16 2013, 12:00 PM   #2547
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

I don't know, IMO, Age of Ultron has finally gotten interesting. It's just epically sad that it took 8 out of 10 issues to finally get there.

FF has finally sold me. This last issue was just wonderful.
Old May 16 2013, 01:49 PM   #2548
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Why is Sue acting like a Doormat?

The only possible explanation for her submissive (1960's housefrau) personality is PTSD from after watching EVERYONE die.

She has no spunk.

"I just want to see my children"

You frakking idiot!

You killed your children when you upset the timeline and they became never born.

(Wow, that grammar really sucked.)

If anyone was going to kill anyone in Hank Pym's lab, it was Sue who should have killed Wolverine.

Which is exactly what they have to do next week.

Stop Wolverine from killing Pym, and then plant that Virus Stark was talking about, then shadow/Shepard history towards it's positive conclusions and...

OH!

Why else chose Invisible Woman as a central character?

She literally invisibly regulates the flow of history.

Daredevil, Professor Xavier, Wolverine, hell even Ultron... Sue needs to seriously upgrade her invisibility if she wants to really hide in everybody's enhanced peripheries.

Of course when we get back to the present and Ultron fails, just unbundles seconds before his master stroke... There will be three Susan Richards, and two will be older more powerful and crankier than the temporally indigenous Invisible Woman.

Maybe Namor will finally get Lucky?

Why the hell did Jim and Sue even skip over ten years of history into a most likely foreign present anyway? Surely a second Wolverine and another Sue Storm would have compensated for removing Giant man, Jocasta and the Vision, and that kid robot from the Runaways from the timeline, if they weren't completely dipshit ignorant about what Hank brought to the party?

If I was Reed Richards I would have contingencies a plenty incuding a... Of course any how to guide packed into an AI program woven into Sue's costume (or posthypnotic programming?) about the gamut of Earths history that fell into the wrong hands would spell certain doom for...

Fuck you Biff Tannen!

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 17 2013, 01:07 AM   #2549
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

August solicitations.
Old May 17 2013, 01:20 AM   #2550
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

As much as I hate Cosmic Book News, every once in a while, they get something good.

Here is an interview with Peter David about the end of X-Factor.

A few interesting tidbits...

CBN: So can you tell us just a hint or two about what will be happening to these characters we love in "End of X-Factor"?
PAD: After the end of “Hell on Earth War,” all the characters are spread all over reality. And I'm doing a series of stories that has them dealing with their individual situations.

CBN: Of course, the elephant in the room has always been the mysterious relationship between Longshot and Shatterstar. Will you solve this long-standing thread before the curtain falls?
PAD: I absolutely do. That's in issue #259. I got permission from editorial to tell explicitly what the relationship between the two of them is.

CBN: Now that it is ending, was "Hell on Earth War" all that you had envisioned over all these years?
PAD: Not really. I would have liked it to impact other titles in the Marvel line. But the opportunity to do a company-wide crossover didn't present itself.

CBN: Can you tell us anything about the new project you're working on for Marvel? It doesn't involve an X-Factor relaunch, does it?
PAD: Mmmmaybe.
I would happily read a company-wide crossover event helmed by PAD. It's a shame that it couldn't be worked out.