Hulu Snaps up Abrams-Produced Drama
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Abrams To Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Sep 24

Trek 3 Casting Rumor Reactions
By: T'Bonz on Sep 24

Trek Comics Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old April 18 2013, 12:01 PM   #2371
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Only in the Ultimate Universe. Apparently this 616 version will be something different since Rocket Raccoon (or maybe it was Gamora? can't remember now) mentioned Skrulls and Kree as being separate.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 18 2013, 12:11 PM   #2372
Mike Farley
Commodore

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Only in the Ultimate Universe. Apparently this 616 version will be something different since Rocket Raccoon (or maybe it was Gamora? can't remember now) mentioned Skrulls and Kree as being separate.
Skrulls and KREE are separate. They hates each others.
Mike Farley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18 2013, 12:15 PM   #2373
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I'm not sure what it is that you are saying Young?

A Skrull was once empress of the Kree Empire, but other than that?

If anything I would expect the Chitauri to result from the intermarrying and interfucking of Kree deviants and Skrull perverts?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18 2013, 12:15 PM   #2374
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I know...as I mentioned they were mentioned all in separate dialogue, along with the coming of the Chitauri who are not Skrulls but their own species. This is what I meant in my previous posts.

Raccoon or Gamorra listed a bunch of species as well as the Chitauri. I'm not sure what is confusing about this. Like I said, it seems like they're getting their own 616 version. They won't be Skrulls...or their Ultimate Universe countparts, but something entirely new called Chitauri.

Here's a preview of Nova #4 where they will be featured.

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multime....php?aid=49335

Last edited by Admiral_Young; April 18 2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old April 18 2013, 12:30 PM   #2375
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Rocket Raccoon mentioned Skrulls and Kree as being separate.
I was pretty sure you &&&&ed up, but some of us were not sure how you &&&&ed up.

I do this 3 posts out of every 5, and some wanker calls me on it, 2 posts out 7 of those.

The Dire Wraiths are related to the Skrulls, an evolutionary offshoot, even if God (Claremont) has situated that the Kree and the Skrulls are at an Evolutionary dead end and will never have any mutants or apotheosize.

Old April 18 2013, 12:34 PM   #2376
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

That's okay. That's why I mentioned in the first place, I hadn't heard anything about this until I saw it mentioned in the comic and was surprised about it!

From the preview I posted...they do appear "Skrullish" so maybe they're some offshoot race that've been hiding and building up their military until now or something.

Old April 18 2013, 01:14 PM   #2377
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

The universe is big.

Meanwhile after "Skrull Kill krew", I have some reservations about how Skrulls breed that they could be as much a virus/infestation as the Brood. I imagine that old Skrulls at the end of their life cycle break down infecting the proximate food table, transforming predators and vermin alike into Skrulls... What about bugs? If you eat a Skrull, you become a Skrull. Surely flies and maggots could be modified by feeding on a skull but d they have the brains to receive the Skrull race-memory which is like what the Goul'd from Stargate have... Although millions of flies could composite into a single Skrull? However, in modern times I can see millions of old dead (Soylent Green?) Skrulls diced, juiced and boiled until they're collectively a giant wad of reproductive sputum that's going to be loaded into a mass driver and thrown at a planet. of course they may do this when they want more soldiers, but it's not a good move if you're after a planets resources because your space empire now has to be responsible for the billions of Skrulls on planet X which is a poor exchange for superfrakking for oil, because the old Skrulls will not want to fight their babies upset that their home is being gutted.

Skrulls can survive in space, but can they get into space under their own power from a planetary surface? If they can launch them selves or just float up and then breath hard vacuum, ancient Skrulls must have been space faring before they probably had culture.

But much like the Bugs from Starship Troopers, but travelling at sublight speeds, I can see the viral expansion of the Skrulls to be pandemic even if it takes millions of years and the Kree would have to deal with this, tracking down interstellar space seeds mid route before they root galaxy after galaxy.

Of course with there being a fantastic difference between modern civilized Skrulls and barbaric space herpes Skrulls, it's likely that these two would not get along whenever they crossed paths. The Skrulls in Space Ships with millions of years of culture would see this as a question of quality control that they would have to whack their embarrassing cousins as well because they're letting the side down.

No.

Lyja Storm's "egg" which she laid was a practical joke to buy time until Johnny Storm fell back in love with her after the truth had been revealed about how he had been sleeping with the enemy.

Do you think the real Johnny Storm ever looks at the real Alicia Masters and licks his lips wondering how authentic his sexual adventures with the photostatic copy of that woman he wedded blissfully might have been?

Old April 18 2013, 03:37 PM   #2378
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Just finished reading Superior and thought it was great. I do get a little bit with what Allyn brought up in his post now. I just think though that he's still got a right to not give Otto any benefit of the doubt considering what Otto himself has put Peter through...and now that Otto has detected him...like I've mentioned before, Otto will most likely find a way to completely suppress Peter for the time being and this will continue. Carlie will figure it out before anyone else does...but it could be too late to for her to do anything with it

Old April 18 2013, 11:12 PM   #2379
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Oh he wouldn't!

Otto sticks the Peter leftovers into Carllie, where Peter then has to decide if he's going to be the douche who takes over or the sap who fades away in her back seat.

Meanwhile we get to see how many "hours" Carlie can put up with Peter nagging in the back of her mind before she begs Otto to exorcise the Ghost he put in her?

Old April 19 2013, 04:20 AM   #2380
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Those who were picking up Savage Wolverine for the Man-Thing appearance may be disappointed, but I thought that it was an interesting reveal that...

Daredevil 25 was just great. Waid keeps uping the stakes and I enjoyed the shock ending.

Iron Man 8 was "meh". This book has been such a disappointment. Dropped.

Age of Ultron 6 finally gave us an idea of what the story finally is going to be about. Bendis defends the pacing of the first half of the story by saying the shock ending...

...would have been "unearned" without the long set-up. Whatever. Maybee now we'll get somewhere with this.
Old April 19 2013, 05:00 AM   #2381
Geoff Peterson
Fleet Admiral

So, Storm can use her wind control power to make people fly?
Old April 19 2013, 05:01 AM   #2382
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Next weeks previews...

Avengers #10
Avengers Arena #8
Deadpool #8
Deadpool Killustrated #4
Fantastic Four #7
FF #6
Gambit #11
Guardians of the Galaxy #2
Morbius: The Living Vampire #4
Marvel Universe Ultimate Spider-Man #13
New Avengers #5
Scarlet Spider #16
Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #22
Uncanny Avengers #7
Uncanny X-Men #5
Wolverine and the X-Men #28
X-Termination #2
Young Avengers #4

My pulls include Avengers 10, Fantastic Four 7, FF 6, Guardians of the Galaxy 2. New Avengers 5, Uncanny X-Men 5 and Young Avengers 4.
Old April 19 2013, 05:52 AM   #2383
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
So, Storm can use her wind control power to make people fly?
Claremont had her "carry" Colossus all the way to Russia once.

If she can knock over a city, then she should be able to keep some bugger up in the air for a touch without slamming them into a building face accidentally.

For Storms powers to work, I mean for this girl to be able to use those powers to fly, she needs a startling degree of invulnerability otherwise the hundred mile an hour winds that are allowing her to fly at a hundred miles an hour would snap most of the bones in her body, or her limbs in three places at the very least.

No to mention the cold.

Ororo beat Jean like once. They were matching telekenesis vs. wind with such intensity that Jean failed to notice that the ambiant tempreture was approaching -30.

If she outright just isn't tougher or denser than a regular human perhaps she is subconsciously creating electrostatic forcefields that are shielding her form impact damage and extreme temperatures?

Old April 19 2013, 03:27 PM   #2384
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
Those who were picking up Savage Wolverine for the Man-Thing appearance may be disappointed, but I thought that it was an interesting reveal that...

That was probably just me....and yes I was disappointed.

At face value I'm also not fully buying into what the reveal is located in the spoiler code. Guesss I should answer in spoiler.

I'll be curious to see if this little blurb is expanded on, further explained or ignored down the road.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19 2013, 03:30 PM   #2385
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
Age of Ultron 6 finally gave us an idea of what the story finally is going to be about. Bendis defends the pacing of the first half of the story by saying the shock ending...

...would have been "unearned" without the long set-up. Whatever. Maybe now we'll get somewhere with this.
I'm not reading the series, but I find that hilarious because it's well enough documented that the "long set-up" is what the story was supposed to be when it was supposed to be originally published a year ago. All Bendis has done is graft another story onto the end of something else.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote