Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old April 6 2013, 06:40 AM   #2311
JD
Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Icemizer wrote: View Post
They have really dropped the ball on figureing out all the angles for AoU. Best thing to do would have been to set it on another Earth. Trying to shoehorn it into a universe 2 years after the story was planned and 1 year after it was done is just not working.
AoU isn't an alternate universe story?
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2013, 06:58 AM   #2312
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

It originally was meant to be...but that is not how it is appearing as so far, and now as has been posted before Marvel has stated that there will be ramifications from this story...such as Angela and something else that we don't know about yet. Probably something to do with Hank Pym I'm guessing? The whole thing has become a mess, which is why I've stated it was really unnecessary to make it an event. People would have bought this and read this as part of Bendis's finale arc in the first place. This has turned out to be a big disappointment.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2013, 07:08 AM   #2313
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

It's going to be like house of M.

Temporal refugees.

A handful will survive, go back in time a month and stop Ultron Before it all started.

ReverseTerminator.

No physical evidence, but our heroes will remember the Age of Ultron.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2013, 08:16 AM   #2314
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Slott talks "Superior Spider-Man" as the hype for issue nine begins. Whatever happens I'm very intrigued with what they do. I know I'm in the minority for the most part here, but I haven't had a single problem with Slott in a very long time. Ryan Stegman will also be drawing issue nine, and Christos Gage will be co-writing with Slott as well which is awesome.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/supe...dan-slott.html

Also "Avenging Spider-Man" is becoming "Superior Spider-Man Team Up"

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=44758

Last edited by Admiral_Young; April 6 2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old April 6 2013, 11:47 AM   #2315
Mr Light
Admiral

I'm enjoying the Superior Spider-Man storyline and have no complaints. I never thought for a second that Peter was actually dead-dead

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2013, 02:02 PM   #2316
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Just as Pete regains control, biological counter measures inside Otto's corpse reverse death and suddenly that Pete want's a second chance at the homefield.

Old April 10 2013, 12:08 AM   #2317
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I came to the conclusion a while abck that the reason that young Jean has Telepathy in the present when she isn't supposed to is that the professor was actively suppressing her abilities constantly, and that may have been why he hardly ever went into battle, because it took so much energy to shut down her powers... Too far?

But having just been reminded about Onslaught and his sexual titillation about Jean Grey in her hockey shorts, I have to ask how ongoing and prolonged was this active lust for Jean during her freshman year that Xavier had to shut down her telepathy so that she woudn't hear his continuous internal monologue mantra of "Please sit on my face, please sit on my face, please sit on my face Jean."

Juggernaut and Magneto with their psi-shields were the only threats Chuck couldn't have "easily" assassinated from half a world away with a stray vindictive thought. It's possible that what we saw as life and death battles in the beginning were actually "Playdates".

Old April 10 2013, 12:34 AM   #2318
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
But having just been reminded about Onslaught and his sexual titillation about Jean Grey in her hockey shorts, I have to ask how ongoing and prolonged was this active lust for Jean during her freshman year that Xavier had to shut down her telepathy so that she woudn't hear his continuous internal monologue mantra of "Please sit on my face, please sit on my face, please sit on my face Jean."
I feel like I read a story at some point in the 90s where it was revealed that the Professor had consummated his lust for Jean through Scott, that the Professor had basically "hijacked" Scott's body one night to do the deed, and Jean consented because she knew.

Now that I've typed that out, I wonder if I imagined that. It sounds vaguely like Lawrence Miles' Doctor Who story, "Toy Story." But with added sex. (In that story, the TARDIS "hijacks" the body of one of the Doctor's companions to have a conversation with someone.)

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 10 2013, 12:46 AM   #2319
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Well that did happen in the movie Excalibur which did have a young Patrick Stewart in a supporting roll.

Princess Lillandra fell in Love with Chuck as a psychic impression of his personality used to annihilate the Zonx fleet drifted through the universe until a watered down version of that deathray went in one of her royal ears and out the other.

Did Charles edit out Onslaught junior growing inside him and his hankering for kiddy fiddling? Or as a member of a inbred half mad hedonistic royal family was Lill down with that sort of thing... If you've ever seen Caligula, you know what I'm talking about.

Old April 10 2013, 02:15 AM   #2320
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I'm not sure if any hijacking went on but it was revealed that Charles had lusted over Jean all of this time and part of the creation of Onslaught was due to those suppressed feelings. I'm assuming that Onslaught was buried deep enough inside of Charles psyche that Lilandra wasn't powerful enough to detect it, same with Jean or any other telepath/psychic that Charles encountered.

Old April 10 2013, 03:53 AM   #2321
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

If he wasn't so busy hiding his paedophilia, then Shadow King wouldn't have taken his legs.

Meanwhile if I wanted to destroy an alien armada tricking them into thinking that they all yern to have sex with each others children and let all his targets know that that's exactly what's going through the bastard standing beside them's minds is a sure way to mop off the survivors.

Old April 10 2013, 04:05 AM   #2322
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Marvelman is finally on his way...

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/axel...-infinity.html

Old April 10 2013, 04:39 AM   #2323
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga

aw yeah! i would be greatly surprised if Gaiman didn't write Marvelman. i predict he'll be tied in with the new Cosmic line. sounds like Marvel is really committed to expanding that line...especially with the Guardians movie coming.
Saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10 2013, 04:49 AM   #2324
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

I'm curious on how and if MarvelMan will be integrated with the MU.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 10 2013, 05:54 AM   #2325
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I too think that Marvelman will be tied in to Marvel Cosmic... possibly with the coming Infinity event. Perhaps Hickman will get to reintroduce him since he's brought back the New Universe now, and then Gaiman will write a solo series or something.