Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

View Poll Results: Do you agree with the NFL's decision?
Yes - the better team will win no matter what the weather is like 16 88.89%
No - the championship shoudl always be played in optimum conditions 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 18 2010, 05:32 AM   #46
Pegaritaville
Vice Admiral

Re: 2014 superbowl goes to NJ!!!!

Scout101 wrote: View Post
clint g wrote: View Post
Yeah, I always felt like they should start the baseball season a month earlier. At least this way, the world series would have a bit warmer weather
Problem with that is that games are already at risk of snow-outs in early April, putting them in March would guarantee it. Never made sense that they don't intentionally rig the schedule so that all of the early April games are played in the southern states, or out west, or at least in domes. Let the northern teams play on the road the first 2 weeks of the season...
Starting baseball a month earlier would be a mess. As Scout said, there's already a pretty good risk of having a snow-out in April (moreso than October). Not sure about other places, but March is the snowiest month in MN. And yeah, you can rig the schedule somewhat (seems to me they already do that to some extent), but with a 162 games, you're kind of limited to how much you can dick around with a baseball schedule.

But football games are often played in adverse conditions. So why not allow for the possibility of weather coming into play during a Super Bowl? If a potential host city has the stadium, infarstructure and the money to bid, go for it.
Pegaritaville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20 2010, 02:01 AM   #47
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

SmoothieX wrote: View Post
How is chilly baseball in October any different than chilly baseball in October?
Norman coordinate...Norman coordinate...
Old June 20 2010, 05:08 AM   #48
drychlick
Captain

this is going to be a big mass now ever city and there mom will want to have the superbowl in there ice box city lol! plus would you want to spend all that money to sit for 4 hour in the snow and cold! NOT ME LOL! Why don't they make a dome on top of the stambem! bad idea very bad idea love dr
drychlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20 2010, 05:26 AM   #49
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

Caligula wrote: View Post
Smiley wrote: View Post
If actual blizzard conditions occur, then the SB becomes a logistical nightmare, but a little light snow is not a bad thing.
Speaking of which, I wonder how long it will be before we get one in Green Bay, Wisconsin?
Never. Green Bay and its suburbs (technically, Lambeau Field is in Ashwaubenon) are absolutely not big enough to handle the influx of 120,000+ people and the absolute circus that comes with a Super Bowl. The infrastructure isn't there, given that the entire metropolitan area is in the neighborhood of 280,000 people. Hotel rooms, parking, public transit, convention space for the NFL Experience, Radio Row, practice facilities -- it's just not there. You'll never see a Super Bowl in Green Bay.

I mean, I suppose they could just dock 30 cruise ships in Green Bay for the hotel space ... oh, shi--

Timby is offline   Reply With Quote