RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,668
Members: 24,821
Currently online: 420
Newest member: SB118_Laxyn

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 25 2010, 12:03 AM   #16
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Re: Ghostbusters - Why Isn't Murray Covered in Marshmallow?

Timby wrote: View Post
That's the joke -- while the new recruit and the two guys who are the heart of the science of the operation are completely gunked up, the easygoing, free-wheeling character is the one who escapes and is able to say, "I'm fine." It's a gag.
That's how I saw it, the "cool" guy gets away with it using the Fonz Factor. The same way Blade never gets any blood on him.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25 2010, 12:26 AM   #17
stueyross
Captain

Send a message via ICQ to stueyross Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to stueyross

every now and then a queston comes up on the board and I grin my ass off. Its just a joke guys. Venkmans the cool one of the gang. He steps out, totally uncovered and is all "heh....look at you guys...and look how clean I am cos Im better than you". Its just a funny, thats all.

Oh, and he is odd. funny and charming but odd
stueyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25 2010, 03:49 AM   #18
Technobuilder
Commodore

Cyke101 wrote: View Post
He was also the one who got slimed early on while the others were relatively untouched. It was payback time

From a production level though, I always thought they needed Murray relatively clean for the big romantic kiss with Dana at the end. That or Murray (who's known to be pretty demanding) argued not to be covered in gunk.

^^^THIS

That kiss seemed like the main reason.
"You fool! You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this - "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"
Technobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25 2010, 11:17 AM   #19
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

I also recall hearing Ramis and Reitman explain that Murray didn't want to be covered in the foam but forget their reason why now.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25 2010, 12:58 PM   #20
Andonagio
Commander

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I also recall hearing Ramis and Reitman explain that Murray didn't want to be covered in the foam but forget their reason why now.
Which always struck me as odd, because Murray was obviously okay being covered with slime earlier in the film. It seems like foam would be less messy.