RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,668
Members: 24,821
Currently online: 439
Newest member: SB118_Laxyn

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 31 2010, 06:32 PM   #166
Jetfire

Re: Smallville Summer Hiatus Thread III (Spoilers)

Great video with Jon Schneider at Phoenix Comic Con talking about Smallville.

Old May 31 2010, 07:41 PM   #167
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Wow...he comes across as such a genuine, likable guy. It seems like he really loved his time on the show.
Old June 1 2010, 04:44 AM   #168
Buck Rogers
Captain

Well I was talking to someone at Balticon44 about Smallville,and they suggested how Kal-El could be saved in episode one season ten.
1.John Johnz(Martian Manhunter)by removing the blue kryptonite knife once he saves Kal-El
2. Carter Hall (Hawkman) swoops down and saves Kal-El by removing the blue kryptonite knife once they reach the floor.
3. Speedy or Cyborg using GA's weapons to suspend Kal-El's drop from the roof.
What do you think of that?

Later

Buck Rogers
Buck Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2010, 05:49 AM   #169
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

^ That's what some people were speculating in the "Salvation" thread.

Personally, I think that'll be too easy (yes, I realize this is Smallville). I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that Clark's rescue will be something a little more outside the box.
Old June 1 2010, 07:15 AM   #170
Hermiod
Admiral

Broccoli wrote: View Post
Wow...he comes across as such a genuine, likable guy. It seems like he really loved his time on the show.
Losing him was one of the worst things to happen to this show, IMHO. Television lacks good father figures, so losing one of the best was a real shame.

I don't like the way the show has dumped all of its grown-ups, either - Jonathan, Martha and Lionel.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2010, 07:32 AM   #171
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

I missed his character too, but his exit seemed natural.

Lionel, too, seemed like a natural departure, especially since Lex was leaving during the same season. I feel his character would have been useless once Lex was gone.

Martha's exit seemed forced, but wasn't that more her decision to leave rather than the writers'?

As for the grow-ups being gone, that is true, but then again, the characters on the show are now in the early-to-mid twenties. They kinda are grown up.
Old June 1 2010, 07:45 AM   #172
Hermiod
Admiral

^They don't seem like it to me, really, especially not Clark and Oliver.
Old June 1 2010, 09:28 AM   #173
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

That was an awesome video...except for the douche filming making his douche comments (lol) and I do like his ending. I think they should go with that except have Martha be the one who puts Clark's cape on him...it'd be a nice touching moment between mom and son. Really if you think about it Clark has really gone off the rails since his dad died and with Martha out of town he's had no real guidance. With the way Jor-El has been written and portrayed in the series it's no wonder why Clark has all of this self doubt. He's internalized everything and not trusted his friends to really help him or help them in return. I'm hoping that in season ten we start to have a lighter tone a kind of return to the first three seasons while finally maturing these characters.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2010, 11:49 AM   #174
Jetfire

^
I agree. The sad thing is Jor El has been poorly done more so in the last few seasons...I actually was excited and hoped for more when Julian Sands was cast to play Jor El(Clone)...but they ended that so quick really didn't get a chance for it to play out. In season 7 we got more Lara(Helen Slater) and it was satisfying...even though she was a clone too. I miss JK & hope we see Martha in S10...at least 3-4 eps.
Old June 1 2010, 01:00 PM   #175
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

Buck Rogers wrote: View Post
Well I was talking to someone at Balticon44 about Smallville,and they suggested how Kal-El could be saved in episode one season ten.
1.John Johnz(Martian Manhunter)by removing the blue kryptonite knife once he saves Kal-El
2. Carter Hall (Hawkman) swoops down and saves Kal-El by removing the blue kryptonite knife once they reach the floor.
3. Speedy or Cyborg using GA's weapons to suspend Kal-El's drop from the roof.
What do you think of that?

Later

Buck Rogers
That's probably what will happen. I'm really hoping that Clark will pull out the knife, regain his powers and just before he splats he hovers.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2010, 01:06 PM   #176
Hermiod
Admiral

He'll just pull the knife out, throw it away and then smash in to somebody's car on the ground - which he'll walk away from.

Of the four cliffhangers (Clark, Granny Goodness, "They're not Kandorians" and "Clark ?") this was surely the least interesting and certainly the easiest to resolve.
Old June 1 2010, 01:28 PM   #177
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

I think someone in the Salvation thread had the suggestion that Clark purposely grabbed the knife and stabbed himself and fell on purpose. For what reason? The episode was called Salvation...and referred to numerous times as "Clark's redemption hour" by the showrunners so perhaps this will tie into the premier resolution somehow...and I agree that out of the four cliffhangers Clark's was the least interesting. The best was the old woman, the second best was Ollie being kidnapped and telling Chloe they weren't Kryptonian, and then you've got Clark.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2010, 02:08 PM   #178
Jetfire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hWcXFICt7I

Another John Scheider video from Phoenix Con.

It has nothing to do with S10...but it is pretty good. Example of what I miss about the show.
Old June 1 2010, 04:19 PM   #179
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I think someone in the Salvation thread had the suggestion that Clark purposely grabbed the knife and stabbed himself and fell on purpose. For what reason? The episode was called Salvation...and referred to numerous times as "Clark's redemption hour" by the showrunners so perhaps this will tie into the premier resolution somehow...
That was me. It is pretty clear that Clark purposely "stabbed himself" so the blade could be in him and Zod would regain his powers and subsequently be absorbed into the yellow light.

I don't know if falling was part of the plan, but he needed to get away from Zod, so...
Old June 1 2010, 10:09 PM   #180
Jetfire

Yes this is the smartest thing Clark has done...stab himself.