Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Retro Watches
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

New DS9 eBook To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old May 10 2010, 07:09 PM   #1
Nero's Shadow
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Nero's Shadow
The K Word ?

Ok i didn't mean khan for the sequel i was thinking about those greatest arch villains the Klingons .?

I know that JJ left them on the cutting room floor but i would love to see them in the sequel.

But if you had choices to do something to make them different wot would you do .?

I thought of making them more physically larger may be taller than humans keeping there appearance very similarly to TOS klingons but with some physical appearance of the ridges maybe keeping the helmets we saw them in the first film .

It would make the fight scenes interesting . ?

Your thoughts people !!
Old May 10 2010, 10:09 PM   #2
Peter the Younger
Commodore

Re: The K Word ?

What I'd really like to see from the Klingons is some sense that they really are the cunning, brutally effective warriors they are supposed to be, as opposed to the idiotic, metalheads/space pirates we've seen over the past 15 years or so. Fighting the Klingons should be terrifying.

Peter the Younger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2010, 11:16 PM   #3
Neumann
Captain

View Neumann's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Neumann

Peter the Younger wrote: View Post
What I'd really like to see from the Klingons is some sense that they really are the cunning, brutally effective warriors they are supposed to be... Fighting the Klingons should be terrifying.
This hasn't happened in almost two decades!!!
Old May 11 2010, 06:38 PM   #4
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile

Peter the Younger wrote: View Post
What I'd really like to see from the Klingons is some sense that they really are the cunning, brutally effective warriors they are supposed to be, as opposed to the idiotic, metalheads/space pirates we've seen over the past 15 years or so. Fighting the Klingons should be terrifying.
The way the Klingons looked and felt in ST:TMP should be revived to a large extent. Make them scary looking again and give them the old TOS attitudes about wanting to take on the Federation and beat it in open warfare.

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2010, 06:41 PM   #5
startrekrcks
Fleet Captain

View startrekrcks's Twitter Profile

that would be great but do you think they will use the klingons in the sequel
startrekrcks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2010, 06:56 PM   #6
Dukhat
Commodore

Honestly, I'm sick of Klingons. They were fine in TNG, were starting to get overused in DS9 once Worf became a crewmember, they went away for a bit in Voyager only to come back to annoy us at the end, and Enterprise used them way, way more than they ever needed to (I'm of the camp that they should never have been introduced in a FC type of situation in ENT at all).

Quite frankly, Star Trek '11 should just do away with a "baddie" altogether, and focus on a good story that doesn't need one. Star Trek IV was one of the most successful Trek films ever made (until Star Trek '09), and there wasn't any "baddie" in that movie (unless you count the whale probe, but I don't).
Old May 17 2010, 09:16 PM   #7
Captain MAJ
Commander

Location: The edge of insanity........(Trying to log on to ST:O)
Send a message via AIM to Captain MAJ

KKKKAAAAAHHHHHNNNN!!!!!!

That's not the K-word, is it?......
Old May 17 2010, 09:30 PM   #8
Avon
Fleet Captain

i just don't think chris pine shouting kaaaaaaaaaaahhhn would do it for me.

also, as it's a different universe (go on start argueing, no one cares), why not have kirk get killed off in the next film. by klingons. that would be sweeeeeeet.
Avon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17 2010, 09:34 PM   #9
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

I'd love to see smart Klingons, as depicted in the old novels The Final Reflection or Pawns and Symbols. I far prefer both types to the "Hulk Smash!" TNG/DS9 versions.

I loved the helmet/trenchcoat look from the deleted scene (as well as the soft-spoken interrogator), but I'd put the important Klingons (i.e. not the grunts) in the Klingon gear from the Nero comic. It was a neat update of the TOS look with what seemed a hi-tech futuristic ultra-lightweight kevlar mesh instead of the (utterly useless) heavy armour from TMP onwards.

I'd like a mix of Klingon forehead looks (a few in TMP "spine" style, STVI, TNG/DS9 etc) as well as a few human-fusions. There would be no different treatment between the types of Klingons. I like the idea that that the Klingons treat all Klingon racial variants as equals (above all other aliens, of course). It sort-of applies Trek values to the bad guys too.
Old May 18 2010, 01:34 AM   #10
Hythlodeus
Commander

the klingons, being klingons, should be at war with the romulans in the next one, since a romulan ship destoyed 47 klingon ships. and of course I want them to kill a young version of carol marcus.
Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18 2010, 04:42 PM   #11
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

KingDaniel wrote: View Post
I'd love to see smart Klingons, as depicted in the old novels The Final Reflection or Pawns and Symbols. I far prefer both types to the "Hulk Smash!" TNG/DS9 versions.
Ditto.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18 2010, 08:32 PM   #12
sbk1234
Rear Admiral

Again with the Klingons!

They have been used way, way too much already. Let them be. When you think about it, in the original TOS, there were only about a half dozen or so episodes that had Klingons. There must be many other interesting races and characters to serve as antagonists for the Enterprise crew.

If they want to reuse a heavy from the series, how about Dr. Sevrin or Harry Mudd?

"MMMMUUUUUUUUUDD!"

"It's a fucking TV show!" - Gary Lockwood
sbk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18 2010, 08:44 PM   #13
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Anyone else remember that rumour that Jack Black was gonna play Harry Mudd in STXII?