RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,446
Posts: 5,507,879
Members: 25,131
Currently online: 484
Newest member: xunixan

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Star Trek #39 Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old May 5 2010, 07:37 AM   #76
captcalhoun
Admiral
 
Location: everywhere
Re: Official Final Typhon Pact blurbs

nice cover.
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2010, 11:33 AM   #77
St. William Of Levittown
Vice Admiral
 
St. William Of Levittown's Avatar
 
Location: Rush Limborg is prepping for Christmas on The EIB Network
Re: Official Final Typhon Pact blurbs

Okay...just trying to scrounge up what reputation I have left.

Out of curiosity...how long should it be before we see the blurbs for the other two?

Or do we have to wait until "Shore Leave" for that?

(Either way, looking forward to whatever info comes our way, come July.)
__________________
"The saying implies but does not name the effective agency of its supposed utopia.... 'Needs and abilities' are, of course, subjective. So the operative statement may be reduced to 'the State shall take, the State shall give'."
--David Mamet
St. William Of Levittown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2010, 12:41 PM   #78
Deranged Nasat
Vice Admiral
 
Deranged Nasat's Avatar
 
Location: Ch'Rihan.
Re: Official Final Typhon Pact blurbs

Dimesdan wrote: View Post
Man of Steel wrote: View Post
Dimesdan wrote: View Post

Seriously? You think that because he is of Arab heritage and he has a beard, he must be a terrorist!!!!

Do you need to make such numptyish comments and then put a fucking smiley afterwards? Hell, do you need to make such fucking numptyish comments anyway?
I deleted statement.

I retract Statement.

I wasn't implying anything by said statement.
Good for you, but you did say it, it's remaining in what I quoted and no, you didn't imply Bashir with a beard looked like a terrorist, you said out right that he did.
My Grandfather regularly jokes that I look like a "terrorist" with my beard, due to its general scruff. I'm not Middle Eastern/Arab in appearance. Why do you automatically assume the actor's racial apperance had any bearing on the comment?

He never once mentioned race as a factor in his making that comment.
__________________
We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away.
Deranged Nasat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2010, 01:02 PM   #79
St. William Of Levittown
Vice Admiral
 
St. William Of Levittown's Avatar
 
Location: Rush Limborg is prepping for Christmas on The EIB Network
Re: Official Final Typhon Pact blurbs

^Good man--although, again, I don't see a terrorist look with Bashir.



Again--especialy with the bushy moustache...I still think Jules is goin' for the Chuck Norris look.

(And believe me--nothing says "Genetically Enhanced Superman" like CHUCK NORRIS! 70 years old--and counting....)




[Maybe Julian's hoping for better luck with the ladies? Hmm...a month or so after the book...

Bashir: Ezri...I haven't been sleeping well since the rescue.

Ezri: Well, Simon has something that can fix that....

Bashir: (grinning) What I need...I can't get from Dr. Tarses.... Captain...do you think it might be possible...for two people...to go back in time...and fix a mistake they made...?

Ezri: (smiling) On this ship? Anything's possible....

(They start to kiss--and then--)

Ezri: (shoves him away) UGH!

Bashir: What?

Ezri: (pushing him out the door) Julian--get rid of the beard!

Bashir: I kiss you and you say--?

(door closes on him)

Hey...a man can dream, eh? ]
__________________
"The saying implies but does not name the effective agency of its supposed utopia.... 'Needs and abilities' are, of course, subjective. So the operative statement may be reduced to 'the State shall take, the State shall give'."
--David Mamet
St. William Of Levittown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2010, 01:06 PM   #80
Deranged Nasat
Vice Admiral
 
Deranged Nasat's Avatar
 
Location: Ch'Rihan.
Re: Official Final Typhon Pact blurbs

Rush Limborg wrote: View Post
^
Again--especialy with the bushy moustache...look's like Jules is goin' for the Chuck Norris look.
He does look a bit like Chuck Norris.
__________________
We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away.
Deranged Nasat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2010, 01:08 PM   #81
DBall
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Location: Rochester, NY
Re: Official Final Typhon Pact blurbs

I've forgotten what's happened in the treklit universe due to a) bad memory and b) an ungodly amount of time passing since the last book. Hearing about this and DoTI makes me absolutely friggin giddy. As for the cover, I love it!
__________________
--------Dan---------
My Music | My Videos
DBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2010, 02:14 PM   #82
Paris
Commodore
 
Paris's Avatar
 
Location: In the future's past
Re: Official Final Typhon Pact blurbs

Sweeeet cover! DS9 fans are going to think that there are two DS9 entries next year . As for Julian with the beard...I like it . It kind of reminds me of the way he looked as the Saudi(?) prince in Syriana. And Ezri is as delicious as ever
__________________
"I don't use plot to serve continuity porn, I use continuity porn to serve plot." - Christopher L. Bennett July 2, 2013
Paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2010, 03:34 PM   #83
DeVario
Commodore
 
DeVario's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA, USA
Re: Official Final Typhon Pact blurbs

Under Julian's beard, there isn't a chin, there is only another hypospray.
DeVario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2010, 04:15 PM   #84
Kestrel
Vice Admiral
 
Kestrel's Avatar
 
Location: East Tennessee
Re: Official Final Typhon Pact blurbs

Actually, one question I do have. In Inter Arma Enim Silen Leges it made sense to recruit Bashir since he was a doctor and they were looking to discover a medical condition. But why did SI pick him for this mission? Is it just that he's gained a reputation as being an effective agent? Cause you'd think they'd want an engineer or tech-scientist (maybe somebody from the SCoE) to destroy a copy of the slipstream drive.

Or will this reveal something about what Bashir's been doing, maybe he's received heavy Starfleet Intelligence training in addition to being a Doctor?
__________________
"If Romeo had just masturbated a couple of times a week he would have saved both those nice families a heap of trouble."
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2010, 04:15 PM   #85
BrotherBenny
Rear Admiral
 
BrotherBenny's Avatar
 
Location: BrotherBenny
View BrotherBenny's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BrotherBenny Send a message via Yahoo to BrotherBenny
Re: Official Final Typhon Pact blurbs

Paris wrote: View Post
Sweeeet cover! DS9 fans are going to think that there are two DS9 entries next year .
Well, the Titan novels technically fall under the post-Nemesis TNG banner since a few of the principals are former TNG regulars, and the captain is the Enterprise's former XO, so why can't the Aventine books fall under the DS9 banner as a former officer becomes Captain...?
__________________
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." - Henry David Thoreau

My blog / My crime stories
BrotherBenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2010, 04:51 PM   #86
Sci
Admiral
 
Sci's Avatar
 
Location: "Don't blame me--I voted for Jaresh-Inyo!"
Re: Official Final Typhon Pact blurbs

BrotherBenny wrote: View Post
Well, the Titan novels technically fall under the post-Nemesis TNG banner since a few of the principals are former TNG regulars,
No, the Titan novels technically fall under the Titan banner.
__________________
"Every line of serious work that I have written since 1936 has been written, directly or indirectly, against totalitarianism and for democratic Socialism, as I understand it." - George Orwell, 1946
Sci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2010, 05:11 PM   #87
BrotherBenny
Rear Admiral
 
BrotherBenny's Avatar
 
Location: BrotherBenny
View BrotherBenny's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BrotherBenny Send a message via Yahoo to BrotherBenny
Re: Official Final Typhon Pact blurbs

Sci wrote: View Post
BrotherBenny wrote: View Post
Well, the Titan novels technically fall under the post-Nemesis TNG banner since a few of the principals are former TNG regulars,
No, the Titan novels technically fall under the Titan banner.
Booksellers actually list them under the TNG banner since Titan is actually a spin-off from TNG in terms of characters.
__________________
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." - Henry David Thoreau

My blog / My crime stories
BrotherBenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2010, 05:23 PM   #88
Sci
Admiral
 
Sci's Avatar
 
Location: "Don't blame me--I voted for Jaresh-Inyo!"
Re: Official Final Typhon Pact blurbs

BrotherBenny wrote: View Post
Sci wrote: View Post
BrotherBenny wrote: View Post
Well, the Titan novels technically fall under the post-Nemesis TNG banner since a few of the principals are former TNG regulars,
No, the Titan novels technically fall under the Titan banner.
Booksellers actually list them under the TNG banner since Titan is actually a spin-off from TNG in terms of characters.
Which is silly, since Star Trek: Titan is its own series, and is no more based on TNG because it shares some characters than it is upon DS9 because it shares some characters or VOY because it shares some characters.
__________________
"Every line of serious work that I have written since 1936 has been written, directly or indirectly, against totalitarianism and for democratic Socialism, as I understand it." - George Orwell, 1946
Sci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2010, 05:28 PM   #89
Christopher
Writer
 
Christopher's Avatar
 
Re: Official Final Typhon Pact blurbs

^No, it's not silly, because the very concept of the Titan as a starship commanded by Will Riker comes from Star Trek Nemesis. Therefore, legally speaking, the entire Titan series is based on Nemesis, which was based in turn on TNG. Look on the title page of a TTN novel and you'll see the lines "Based upon Star Trek® and Star Trek: The Next Generation® created by Gene Roddenberry." It doesn't list the other shows because only the odd individual character came from those (Melora from DS9, Tuvok from VGR). The overall premise of the series comes from TNG, and that's what counts legally.
__________________
Christopher L. Bennett Homepage -- Site update 11/16/14 including annotations for "The Caress of a Butterfly's Wing" and overview for DTI: The Collectors

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2010, 05:30 PM   #90
Sci
Admiral
 
Sci's Avatar
 
Location: "Don't blame me--I voted for Jaresh-Inyo!"
Re: Official Final Typhon Pact blurbs

Christopher wrote: View Post
^No, it's not silly, because the very concept of the Titan as a starship commanded by Will Riker comes from Star Trek Nemesis. Therefore, legally speaking, the entire Titan series is based on Nemesis, which was based in turn on TNG. Look on the title page of a TTN novel and you'll see the lines "Based upon Star Trek® and Star Trek: The Next Generation® created by Gene Roddenberry." It doesn't list the other shows because only the odd individual character came from those (Melora from DS9, Tuvok from VGR). The overall premise of the series comes from TNG, and that's what counts legally.
Fair enough in terms of copyright law, but it remains that Titan is its own series. Seems to me that it ought to be advertised as such.
__________________
"Every line of serious work that I have written since 1936 has been written, directly or indirectly, against totalitarianism and for democratic Socialism, as I understand it." - George Orwell, 1946
Sci is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
ds9relaunch, post destiny, trek books, typhon pact

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.