Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old February 12 2011, 08:40 AM   #826
Geck
Rear Admiral

Re: What games are you playing currently?

Just started Enchanted Arms on PS3. Got it for Christmas - not impressed so far but I'll give it a bit further before I decide whether to finish it or trade it in.
Geck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2011, 08:46 AM   #827
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

Restarted FFVIII - Just played the first dream sequence.

Beautiful game.
Old February 12 2011, 08:57 AM   #828
Jeff O'Connor
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to Jeff O'Connor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeff O'Connor

FFVII.
Old February 13 2011, 11:03 PM   #829
Niorah
Fleet Admiral

View Niorah's Twitter Profile

Started playing Test Drive Unlimited 2 today. I still have to decide if I like it better or worse than the first one. For now, it's a splendid game, as enjoyable as TDU.
Old February 14 2011, 06:45 PM   #830
Satyrquaze
Vice Admiral

Left 4 Dead
Old February 15 2011, 07:40 AM   #831
Jeff O'Connor
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to Jeff O'Connor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeff O'Connor

Just finished FFVII. Now it's back to my favorite game of all time, Xenogears.
Old February 15 2011, 10:18 AM   #832
Lonemagpie
Writer

Started on Assassin's Creed II - and wow, what an improvement! (and I say that as someone who really liked the first game)

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2011, 07:34 AM   #833
broberfett
Vice Admiral

I just finished Castlevania Lord of Shadows. The main character is voiced by Robert Carlyle(Rush from SGU). The game is pretty long and filled with little puzzles and annoying boss battles. The scenery is great with colossal structures you climb around on to get to where you are going. Some pretty cool imagery. It is fun to waste werewolves with a thrown silver dagger or to fry some vampires with holy water. You even get exploding fairies(with light magic).

I alternated between having a great time and cussing furiously over some annoying board.
Old February 19 2011, 10:59 PM   #834
DBR
Vice Admiral

Playing Marvel vs Capcom 3. It looks and plays much more, I dunno, fluid than SFIV.

I wish the game had more characters to unlock.
Old February 20 2011, 12:53 AM   #835
Kirkman1987
Commodore

Mega Man X2 and a season of Madden.
Kirkman1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20 2011, 01:36 AM   #836
Jadzia
on holiday

This evening I have been playing Warcraft.

(1) Human early game. This is a fairly normal human opening for the Lost Temple map. I'm getting lots of peasants so I can make an early expansion. I've chosen the Archmage as my hero, as the elementals it produces will tank the creeps at my natural. I've also constructed my barracks, and am going to train two footmen who should be ready when I move into the centre of the map.

This is a tricky opening for me, because timing is quite critical, and I'm not very good at timing things.

(2) Creeping with Militia. Here I go. Five of the peasants are taken from the woodcutting and made into militia. A footman has also been trained and brought along. My first mistake is that my elemental should be at the front tanking the trolls. Because it wasn't, one of my militia is almost killed. As I'm creeping with these militia, I am also training new peasants to replace the ones I took off woodcutting.

(3) Fast Expansion. A difficulty I sometimes have attempting a fast expand is that I don't have enough lumber to rush the construction. It always pays to rush it. To make those extra woodcutters, I needed to build another farm, which also cost lumber and used up one worker. This is why lots of workers were needed.

(4) Creeping Middle. I've moved into the middle of the map and am leveling up my hero. When the expansion completed I sent one militia to scout the map to see where my opponent is, and what race and strategy they are using.

A Blacksmith is constructed to upgrade my footmen, as well as second barracks.

My scout is killed entering the opposite base, so I assume that is where my opponent is located, who is playing Undead, and is using a Death Knight / Crypt Fiend build.

With my early expansion, I have the added benefit of no upkeep, so the gold flows in faster than I know how to spend it. I have to train yet more peasants for woodcutting so I can balance my resources. I feel like I'm training peasants and building farms almost continuously.

While creeping the Gnolls at the fountain of health, I'm confronted by my opponent, and I lose a couple of footmen.

(5) Teching up. Upgrading my main, creating both second tier buildings, and further upgrading my footmen's swords and armor. My second hero is also on the way.

(6) Attacking natural With two barracks, an arcane sanctum, and a workshop, my castle completed, and a second expansion underway, I am able to churn out units thick and fast. My footmen benefiting from Priests Inner Fire are a good counter to the Crypt Fiends, while Mortars will take care of the Ziggurats. A couple of knights and sorceresses are added for good measure, and I hit the food cap.

I lost a couple of units during my attack, but my opponent was easily overrun. I had enough units enqueued at my buildings to automatically replace the ones that fell.

And with that my opponents surrenders. An easy win for me this week. It rarely goes this smoothly

Jadzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20 2011, 06:06 AM   #837
Yoda
Rear Admiral

War 3, not frozen throne? Anyway the slideshow was kind of cute, but why not go the extra mile and do a YouTube video commentary?
Old February 20 2011, 01:41 PM   #838
John Clark
Commodore

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 is on the way so I'm going to give that a try.

After that, I'll continue with Jade Empire until Dragon Age 2 is out
Old February 20 2011, 02:15 PM   #839
Jadzia
on holiday

Yoda wrote: View Post
War 3, not frozen throne? Anyway the slideshow was kind of cute, but why not go the extra mile and do a YouTube video commentary?
I haven't played frozen throne, and I've never made a video commentary!

I seem to remember my old computer not handling the video recording very well when I first tried it. New computer shouldn't have any trouble, but I don't have a headset to make a commentary with either.
Jadzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20 2011, 02:17 PM   #840
Jeff O'Connor
Commodore

Warcraft had games before WoW?

...Joking!