RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 137,828
Posts: 5,327,012
Members: 24,551
Currently online: 577
Newest member: Mycroft

TrekToday headlines

Latest Official Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Jul 10

Seven of Nine Bobble Head
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

Pegg The Prankster
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

More Trek Stars Join Unbelievable!!!!!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 19 2010, 10:18 PM   #631
Garrett
Vice Admiral
 
Garrett's Avatar
 
Re: What games are you playing currently?

I picked up Assassins's Creed Brotherhood tuesday and decided now would be a good time to finally get around to playing Assassins's Creed II. I'm on DNA sequence 4, I think. So far, it's a lot of fun. Definitely less repetitive than the first one. And I like the approach to upgrades in this one.

Besides that, I'm mostly playing Black Ops and Kinect stuff. I picked up EA Active Sports 2 on Tuesday, which has been mostly good. There are still some motion detection issues, but not nearly as many as I encountered with the first one on the Wii.
Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2010, 05:04 AM   #632
Jax
Admiral
 
Jax's Avatar
 
Location: England - "The Home of Football"
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Garrett wrote: View Post
I picked up Assassins's Creed Brotherhood tuesday and decided now would be a good time to finally get around to playing Assassins's Creed II. I'm on DNA sequence 4, I think. So far, it's a lot of fun. Definitely less repetitive than the first one. And I like the approach to upgrades in this one.
Creed 2 is a very impressive game though it feels like seemed to have less assassinations than the first one.
__________________
World Cup Thread 2014
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2010, 11:13 PM   #633
Lonemagpie
Writer
 
Lonemagpie's Avatar
 
Location: Yorkshire
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Trying to get the willpower to complete Turning Point: Fall Of Liberty, which may well be the worst 360 game I've got, and praying that the one pristine controller I've got will survive the experience, after I hurl it violently at the wall in a screaming rage (even though this is supposed to be how I relax!) every ten minutes because 1) the game is so buggy and glitched that it tends to spawn enemies in a room just *after* I've entered, so I get shot by an enemy that isn't spawned yet, and 2) the checkpointing is fucking diabolical, sending me back at least ten or fifteen minutes' worth of sub-PS2/GC animation and textures every fucking time that happens.

And it doesn't help that basically it's a knock-off of the vastly underrated squad-based shooter Freedom Fighters, but with graphics that have stepped *backwards* instead of up a generation. Seriously, this fucking turd wouldn't look out of place on the N64.
__________________
"I got two modes with people- Bite, and Avoid"
Reading: 1000 Years Of Annoying The French (Stephen Clarke)

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2010, 11:28 PM   #634
Geck
Rear Admiral
 
Location: Sydney, Australia
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Just started the first Assassin's Creed for PS3, and FF IV on DS.
Geck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2010, 05:39 AM   #635
Mr Light
Admiral
 
Location: Pennsylvania
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Holy crap I almost threw away AssCBro in disgust on my first fight with a Borgia Captain. I only had to fight him ten goddamn times before I could kill him. He's surrounded by ten guys and you have to swipe him about twenty times. Christ. Apparently you were supposed to throw him into a fence or something which I didn't know until after the fact and it said mission failed 'cause I guess I wasn't reading the screen when the mission initiated.

But once I got past that the game got playable again
__________________

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2010, 05:41 AM   #636
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral
 
PsychoPere's Avatar
 
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Sometime within the next week or so, I plan on starting BioShock. Yes, the first one. Yes, I know I'm way late to the party.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2010, 10:08 AM   #637
Lunarflower
Lieutenant Commander
 
Location: San Diego
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Mr Light wrote: View Post
Holy crap I almost threw away AssCBro in disgust on my first fight with a Borgia Captain. I only had to fight him ten goddamn times before I could kill him. He's surrounded by ten guys and you have to swipe him about twenty times. Christ. Apparently you were supposed to throw him into a fence or something which I didn't know until after the fact and it said mission failed 'cause I guess I wasn't reading the screen when the mission initiated.

But once I got past that the game got playable again
Yeah they can be annoying. Though after getting my group of assassins going, and getting the ability to rain arrows down on unsuspecting guards. I took out one Borgia Captain without any difficulty.
Lunarflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2010, 12:02 PM   #638
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral
 
Haggis and tatties's Avatar
 
Location: Glasgow
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
Trying to get the willpower to complete Turning Point: Fall Of Liberty, which may well be the worst 360 game I've got, and praying that the one pristine controller I've got will survive the experience, after I hurl it violently at the wall in a screaming rage (even though this is supposed to be how I relax!) every ten minutes because 1) the game is so buggy and glitched that it tends to spawn enemies in a room just *after* I've entered, so I get shot by an enemy that isn't spawned yet, and 2) the checkpointing is fucking diabolical, sending me back at least ten or fifteen minutes' worth of sub-PS2/GC animation and textures every fucking time that happens.

And it doesn't help that basically it's a knock-off of the vastly underrated squad-based shooter Freedom Fighters, but with graphics that have stepped *backwards* instead of up a generation. Seriously, this fucking turd wouldn't look out of place on the N64.
Yeah i bought this for the PS3, loaded up the first level and thought they had sold me a PS2 game which was running via backward compatibility, i did not get past the first level plus add to that codemaster lack of trophy support in their PS3 games and its been sitting on the shelf every since....now that you have reminded me i will dig it out with a few more and trade it in.
__________________

Haggis and tatties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2010, 01:31 PM   #639
Lonemagpie
Writer
 
Lonemagpie's Avatar
 
Location: Yorkshire
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Haggis and tatties wrote: View Post

Yeah i bought this for the PS3, loaded up the first level and thought they had sold me a PS2 game which was running via backward compatibility, i did not get past the first level plus add to that codemaster lack of trophy support in their PS3 games and its been sitting on the shelf every since....now that you have reminded me i will dig it out with a few more and trade it in.
I'm actually on something like the penultimate level, so I'm not sure I want to give up on it with so little to go...
__________________
"I got two modes with people- Bite, and Avoid"
Reading: 1000 Years Of Annoying The French (Stephen Clarke)

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2010, 04:30 PM   #640
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral
 
Haggis and tatties's Avatar
 
Location: Glasgow
Re: What games are you playing currently?

^^If you have had the resolve to stick it this far go for it bud.
__________________

Haggis and tatties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2010, 05:34 PM   #641
RoJoHen
Awesome
 
RoJoHen's Avatar
 
Location: QC, IL, USA
Re: What games are you playing currently?

I just bought "Aliens vs. Predator" because it was on sale, and I intend to start playing today.
__________________
I am the Quintessential Admiral.
RoJoHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2010, 06:16 PM   #642
BigFoot
Admiral
 
BigFoot's Avatar
 
Location: Slovenia (EU)
Re: What games are you playing currently?

I beat Bad Company 2 last night. And I'm still having fun playing AC: Brotherhood.

My copies of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit and Gran Turismo 5 have also been shipped already, so hopefully I'll get those soon.
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2010, 10:20 AM   #643
moni2010
Cadet
 
Location: Asia
View moni2010's Twitter Profile
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Recently i am playing World of warcraft and Guild wars...
moni2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2010, 01:15 PM   #644
Servo
Rear Admiral
 
Servo's Avatar
 
Location: Manchester, England
Re: What games are you playing currently?

My life is currently being swallowed up by CoD: Black Ops, and Fallout: New Vegas. There just aren't enough hours in the day.
__________________
"You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend... and you've never watched Star Trek? Good Lord..."
Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2010, 07:36 PM   #645
Jax
Admiral
 
Jax's Avatar
 
Location: England - "The Home of Football"
Re: What games are you playing currently?

I've loss the amount of hours I've put into FALLOUT 3 and i'm probably half way through at best. God knows how much time I am going to lose playing New Vegas when I pick it up in 2011.
__________________
World Cup Thread 2014
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.