Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old July 9 2014, 09:48 AM   #2986
George Bailey
The Revd's Oldman

View George Bailey's Twitter Profile
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Not sure it's steroids...

Finished Assassin's Creed 4 last night, played Trials Fusion and finished Infamous Second Son before that.
You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money. Well, it doesn't, Mr. Potter. In the whole vast configuration of things, I'd say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider!
George Bailey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2014, 03:59 AM   #2987
Mr Pointy Ears
Captain

finally finished enemy front,going to try to finish wolfenstein the new order.
Mr Pointy Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2014, 12:14 PM   #2988
RESPCT
SPCTRE

View RESPCT's Twitter Profile

South Park: The Stick of Truth (US, PC)

For someone who likes South Park, this game is basically a deeper, XXL version of Costume Quest. Which is to say it's not just a great, interactive +10 hour episode of the show, it's also a very decent turn-based RPG.

People who don't like the show and don't get anything out of the myriad references and easter-eggs will probably not get their money's worth overall, though.
“Metro [...] is designed for casual users [...] designed for your computer illiterate little sister, for grandpas who don’t know how to use that computer dofangle thingy, and for mom who just wants to look up apple pie recipes. [...] the antithesis of a power user.”
— Windows UI designer J. Miller
RESPCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2014, 08:02 PM   #2989
Coal the Elf
Commodore

View Coal the Elf's Twitter Profile

Dark Cloud, man I love this game . Started rebuilding my town today and did some exploring.
Old July 17 2014, 09:52 PM   #2990
clint g
Admiral

Just beat Wolfenstein: The New Order. Turns out it is far better than it had any right to be, I highly recommend it. Currently getting back into Dragon Age in preparation for DA: Inquisition.
Old July 17 2014, 10:10 PM   #2991
BigKrampus
Rear Admiral

A buddy downloaded Double Dragon NEON the other day, we played it prior to going out last night. My God, it's like mainlining Eighties. In the best possible way.
Old July 18 2014, 12:48 AM   #2992
Jax
Admiral

SPCTRE wrote: View Post

For someone who likes South Park, this game is basically a deeper, XXL version of Costume Quest. Which is to say it's not just a great, interactive +10 hour episode of the show, it's also a very decent turn-based RPG.

People who don't like the show and don't get anything out of the myriad references and easter-eggs will probably not get their money's worth overall, though.
Playing it at moment, its a real laugh and solid gameplay for a casual RPG gamer like me especially as I am not a big fan of turned based.
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2014, 07:42 AM   #2993
RESPCT
SPCTRE

Jax wrote: View Post
SPCTRE wrote: View Post

Playing it at moment, its a real laugh and solid gameplay for a casual RPG gamer like me especially as I am not a big fan of turned based.
I got up to the abortion minigame yesterday, and I have to say, it was not a big deal at all. It's a typical South Park joke, overindulging and crass, but the way it's depicted really isn't grounds for the way it was censored in Europe.

Meh, it's nothing to get worked up about, it's not like people were missing out on a significant portion of the game.
“Metro [...] is designed for casual users [...] designed for your computer illiterate little sister, for grandpas who don’t know how to use that computer dofangle thingy, and for mom who just wants to look up apple pie recipes. [...] the antithesis of a power user.”
Old July 18 2014, 01:07 PM   #2994
Jax
Admiral

Yeh the censored scenes were nothing compared to some of the stuff they left in the game so I don't understand why we didn't get the full game. I am very wary of cenorship in this fashion entering video games.
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Old July 18 2014, 01:41 PM   #2995
George Bailey
The Revd's Oldman

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut, I just rented it for the Wii U. I played the Xbox 360 original edition, I'm not sure what the differences are between the two editions, anyone know?
You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money. Well, it doesn't, Mr. Potter. In the whole vast configuration of things, I'd say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider!
Old July 18 2014, 01:42 PM   #2996
RESPCT
SPCTRE

Bob The Skutter wrote: View Post
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut, I just rented it for the Wii U. I played the Xbox 360 original edition, I'm not sure what the differences are between the two editions, anyone know?
According to Giant Bomb:
The Director's Cut has the following new features:

Improved textures
The Missing Link DLC is integrated into the main game
New Game+
Overhauled Boss Battles
45 Minute "Making Of" video
8 hours of commentary from the developer studio, Eidos Montreal
Old July 18 2014, 01:50 PM   #2997
George Bailey
The Revd's Oldman

Ah, cool. Won't notice most of it then.
Old July 18 2014, 02:09 PM   #2998
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral

You are in for a treat with the Wii-U version, loved it, game pad integration is fantastic in the Wii-U version.

Haggis and tatties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2014, 09:39 PM   #2999
Jax
Admiral

South Park is now done and was well worth the 11 hours+...Probably give it an 8 out of 10 score
Old July 19 2014, 01:06 PM   #3000
RESPCT
SPCTRE

Bob The Skutter wrote: View Post
Ah, cool. Won't notice most of it then.
I'd be tempted to try the Wii U version for the revamped boss fights alone. Those were awful and reminded me a lot of the boss encounters in Alpha Protocol. Depending on your spec and gear, they coud really screw you over.