Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old May 30 2014, 08:39 PM   #2896
Rincewiend
Vice Admiral

Re: What games are you playing currently?

BigFoot wrote: View Post
I started playing Watch Dogs on my PS4 yesterday. I'm enjoying it so far.
Destructor wrote: View Post
Started Watch Dogs last night. Hrm.
PS3 version here...
Aiden, the main character is a bit flat...
Only just past "Open Your World" mission...

-- Death makes a career move (Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)
Rincewiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2014, 09:53 PM   #2897
Yoda
Rear Admiral

BillJ wrote: View Post
Watching my seven-year old, Ben, play Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U.
That's just good parenting. But even BETTER parenting would be to pick up a second controller for some split screen.
Old June 2 2014, 12:53 AM   #2898
Steven
Admiral

Just played some Mario Kart 8 - looks pretty good and super easy to control with the gamepad.

Though I think the computer has some incredible aiming skills as I got hit by several green shells during the first 4 races I played. Red shells I can understand, but those green shells seemed to home in on me too.

Now to decide which free game I should claim...
Old June 2 2014, 03:56 AM   #2899
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

I finally started playing Valkyria Chronicles. I've pretty much only been using my PS3 as a Netflix/Crunchyroll box since I bought it in September, so it's about time I start playing some games on it.

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2014, 06:08 AM   #2900
BigFoot
Admiral

^ I absolutely loved VC. It's one of my favourite games ever. Hell, VC2 is pretty much the only reason I got a PSP.

Anyway, I finished Lightning Returns on Saturday and I have to admit I loved it. I think it's my favourite of the three FF XIII games. Now I'm just working on getting the Platinum.

I also played some more Watch Dogs... I'm now about halfway through Act II.
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2014, 09:36 AM   #2901
wtriker1701
Lieutenant

No fun, I started Monopoly Classic a few days ago. Highly entertaining.
wtriker1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2014, 02:12 PM   #2902
Kenbushway
Captain

DayZ Standalone. I like the game, I die after getting a gun it seems every time either because of the mike tyson/usain bolt zombies they have or the people who play it as well. Sometimes I go on populated servers to screw around with people but I do try to play it seriously sometimes but I always die.
Old June 4 2014, 01:05 AM   #2903
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu

A few of the Battlefield series lately (2:MC, BC2, 3, 4)
Old June 4 2014, 02:18 AM   #2904
RoJoHen
Awesome

Bought a pre-owned copy of "The Force Unleashed II" today and played a little bit of it. I played the first one when it originally came out and thought it was okay, but not good enough to pay full price for the sequel.

I actually went to the store planning to buy a PS4 and Infamous: Second Son...but my brain decided that I can still wait a little while for that.

$20 on a used game seemed like a better option than $500 on a new console and game, at least for today.
Old June 6 2014, 04:53 AM   #2905
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

BigFoot wrote: View Post
^ I absolutely loved VC. It's one of my favourite games ever. Hell, VC2 is pretty much the only reason I got a PSP.
For the first two hours or so I was strongly disliking the game. Sure, the gameplay was great, but there was a 5-1 ratio of cutscenes to gameplay and it was seriously pissing me off. I was actually extremely close to quitting the game, but then it hit me. I can skip cutscenes! I am now happily enjoying the game. I have no idea what's going on, but I don't care. The battles are fun and that's all that matters.

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2014, 06:16 AM   #2906
Hoser
Hoser

View Hoser's Twitter Profile

I started playing Terraria on the train home, and was surprised at how much there in the game to actually do.
So I'm playing that.
Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2014, 02:45 AM   #2907
martok2112
Captain

Games I've been playing lately:
-Cabela's African Adventures (PS3)
-Cabela's Big Pro Hunts (PS3, until I found that the disc had pinholes in the data side of the disc, which made the game unplayable)
-Lightning Returns: FFXII (PS3, which I played until the bosses started showing their cheap, invincible sides, totally taking the fun out of the game...too bad too, because I had Lightning lookin' all sexy in her Yuna Gunner garb).
-Watch Dogs (PS4). Fun game. Making traffic accidents by hacking the traffic lights never gets old.
-Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4). Very cool fps. The grandfather of first person shooters gets the ultimate (up to now) upgrade, and it's a blast.
-Elder Scrolls Oblivion (Xbox 360). Been revisiting this game in anticipation for Elder Scrolls Online...but, given the dismal reviews I've read by other players here for the PC version, and the fact that the console version has been pushed back several months , I'll just wait for ES VI.
martok2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2014, 01:32 PM   #2908
BigFoot
Admiral

^ Regarding Lightning Returns: I never had any problems with the regular bosses. The only boss that I gave me a bit of trouble was the one in The Wildlands (I don't wanna post any spoilers). Oreshkigal (the final Ultimate Lair boss) wasn't that bad either. Aeronite (the hardest boss in the game) was a total pain though.
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2014, 02:00 PM   #2909
Echtzeit
Lieutenant

Diablo 3, and that's about it. Used to play WoW, but with both working full-time and attending college part-time, it's just become too time-consuming for me.
Old June 9 2014, 12:05 AM   #2910
J. Allen
Going Nowhere Fast

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

GameDev Tycoon - A really fun game where you take on the role of a game developer, and try to build a game company empire. Lots of fun. I've been playing it since it first came out some time ago, and if you get a chance to, you should try it out.

Jeopardy 2003 - Yeah, it's 11 years old, but I've yet to see another (or better) Jeopardy game released. Go ahead, pick again.

Ship Simulator Extremes - I'm a big fan of ships, so it was only natural that I play one of the few ship simulators available. While it's a decent simulator as physics go, it is very lacking in other areas. For example, it's very empty, in terms of environment. There's no life to it. Now, I think most simulators suffer this to some degree, but SS's lack of a populated environment is really noticeable. There's also the issue of how they say you can fully explore your ship, which isn't so. You have the bridge, stairwells, and the deck of your ship. There are few options beyond that, and with it being lifeless, and the details of the ship being subpar, there's just no real point.
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote