RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,425
Posts: 5,506,825
Members: 25,130
Currently online: 586
Newest member: wilpatbenthe3

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Star Trek #39 Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 18 2014, 05:58 PM   #2641
John Clark
Commodore
 
John Clark's Avatar
 
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Lonemagpie wrote: View Post

If you get behind an Alien, it forgets you exist and won't attack...
Ok, I don't mind it when any games AI doesn't detect you because you're being stealthy, but that just takes the biscuit
__________________
If there's a justification for my actions right now, it's this: I have gone completely mad
John Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2014, 08:35 AM   #2642
The Lensman
Fleet Captain
 
The Lensman's Avatar
 
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Currently playing Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes. Sim City meets Heroes Of Might And Magic. Fucking addictive.
__________________
"Everyone Booze Up And Riot!!"
.....Milk and Cheese.....
The Lensman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20 2014, 05:41 PM   #2643
Reverend
Rear Admiral
 
Reverend's Avatar
 
Location: UK
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Took advantage of Steam's 'Saint's Row IV' free weekend and I must say, I'm glad I didn't buy it when it came out. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad game, but it just feels like a padded out expansion pack for SR3 rather than a sequel in it's own right.

It has however prompted me to reinstall SR2 for the first time in years. Going by the 'PC Gaming Wiki' page I thought I'd have to do a lot of fiddling to get it to run, but so far it's worked perfectly fine. Better than it ran on my old XP machine in fact!

It's strange going back and realising that this really is a *much* better game than SR3. More variety in almost every aspect; the clothes, the gangs, the vehicles, the city itself and even the combat mechanics are all so much more nuanced, varied and challenging.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20 2014, 06:03 PM   #2644
RoJoHen
Awesome
 
RoJoHen's Avatar
 
Location: QC, IL, USA
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Downloaded "Assassin's Creed: Liberation" and started it today. It's the PSVita game, but they just made it available for download on PS3/PS4.
__________________
I am the Quintessential Admiral.
RoJoHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20 2014, 07:18 PM   #2645
BigFoot
Admiral
 
BigFoot's Avatar
 
Location: Slovenia (EU)
Re: What games are you playing currently?

^ I played it on the Vita and while it's not as good as the proper AC titles, it's still a pretty decent game.
BigFoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 21 2014, 01:03 AM   #2646
RoJoHen
Awesome
 
RoJoHen's Avatar
 
Location: QC, IL, USA
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Yeah, I just needed something to tide me over. I've played all the other AC games; figured I might as well play this one too.
__________________
I am the Quintessential Admiral.
RoJoHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21 2014, 06:48 AM   #2647
Reverend
Rear Admiral
 
Reverend's Avatar
 
Location: UK
Re: What games are you playing currently?

^I've only ever played AC2 but I noticed that come up on Steam and thought it looked like an interesting change from the others. Unfortunately from what I gather they've squandered a great concept--I mean how many games let you play as a black woman period, never-mind a black woman in a time and place when slavery was in full force?--for fear of actually presenting a challenge to the player.

But then the combat system in AC2 was ridiculously easy too and one of the main things that put me off that game. :/
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2014, 12:50 AM   #2648
clint g
Admiral
 
Location: No where
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Just beat the last of us for the second time. Now I'm trying out dmc since it's free for ps plus. It's a lot better than I thought
__________________
It's nothing personal, just business
clint g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2014, 01:21 AM   #2649
Steven
Admiral
 
Steven's Avatar
 
Location: Winnipeg
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Been playing FTL a bit lately. Had a nice run-through where my ship was equipped with 3 of the same blast lasers that each fired 3 shots. Since they all recharged and fired at the same time, I made quick work of any ship that dared to challenge me.

(I also had a missile launcher that fired 2 shots at once, along with a drone system, a cloak, and a transporter. The rebel flagship didn't know what hit it. )
__________________
Niners aren't linear, we're everywhere!
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2014, 05:10 AM   #2650
Luminus
Fleet Captain
 
Luminus's Avatar
 
Location: The Singularity
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Reverend wrote: View Post
Took advantage of Steam's 'Saint's Row IV' free weekend and I must say, I'm glad I didn't buy it when it came out. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad game, but it just feels like a padded out expansion pack for SR3 rather than a sequel in it's own right.

It has however prompted me to reinstall SR2 for the first time in years. Going by the 'PC Gaming Wiki' page I thought I'd have to do a lot of fiddling to get it to run, but so far it's worked perfectly fine. Better than it ran on my old XP machine in fact!

It's strange going back and realising that this really is a *much* better game than SR3. More variety in almost every aspect; the clothes, the gangs, the vehicles, the city itself and even the combat mechanics are all so much more nuanced, varied and challenging.
Agreed. Saints Row 2 was the best. I haven't played the 4th one, since I found out it was just supposed to be a DLC and that you become a super hero. That's just too far away from what Saints Row is supposed to be. I actually like this series better than Grand Theft Auto. The characters just resonate better with me. I'm not even playing GTA V anymore. I just switched to Arkham Origins.

Here's a link to my character.
__________________
The Legend of Stratus Janice

"The Face of Boe they called me."
Luminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2014, 05:31 AM   #2651
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral
 
Kelthaz's Avatar
 
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Neutopia (TG-16), Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge (Game Boy), and Warhammer 40k: Squad Command (PSP). I also really want to pick up the recently released Broken Age on Steam, but I'm so conditioned by Steam sales that it almost feels like a ripoff to pay full price for a game.
__________________
"Who are you?! And how did you get in here?!"

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2014, 07:08 AM   #2652
BigFoot
Admiral
 
BigFoot's Avatar
 
Location: Slovenia (EU)
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Let's see, I'm playing Battlefield 4 single player on my PS4 and Smart As... on my Vita.
I also got Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for my PS4 yesterday, so I'm gonna start that on Saturday. And yes, I already played TR on my PS3.

Oh and I also got the Heavy Rain platinum trophy on Sunday. Man that was tedious.
BigFoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2014, 08:15 AM   #2653
George Bailey
The Revd's Oldman
 
George Bailey's Avatar
 
Location: Bob The Skutter
View George Bailey's Twitter Profile
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Finished The Walking Dead and the next rentals that came my way were Serious Sam collection, which I played for a day and sent back and Silent Hill Homecoming which bored me. Been playing Super Mario 3D World in the meantime,
__________________
You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money. Well, it doesn't, Mr. Potter. In the whole vast configuration of things, I'd say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider!
George Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2014, 09:07 AM   #2654
Reverend
Rear Admiral
 
Reverend's Avatar
 
Location: UK
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Luminus wrote: View Post
Reverend wrote: View Post
Took advantage of Steam's 'Saint's Row IV' free weekend and I must say, I'm glad I didn't buy it when it came out. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad game, but it just feels like a padded out expansion pack for SR3 rather than a sequel in it's own right.

It has however prompted me to reinstall SR2 for the first time in years. Going by the 'PC Gaming Wiki' page I thought I'd have to do a lot of fiddling to get it to run, but so far it's worked perfectly fine. Better than it ran on my old XP machine in fact!

It's strange going back and realising that this really is a *much* better game than SR3. More variety in almost every aspect; the clothes, the gangs, the vehicles, the city itself and even the combat mechanics are all so much more nuanced, varied and challenging.
Agreed. Saints Row 2 was the best. I haven't played the 4th one, since I found out it was just supposed to be a DLC and that you become a super hero. That's just too far away from what Saints Row is supposed to be. I actually like this series better than Grand Theft Auto. The characters just resonate better with me. I'm not even playing GTA V anymore. I just switched to Arkham Origins.

Here's a link to my character.

I wouldn't say that exactly. First and foremost Saints Row is supposed to be *fun*, which SR4 certainly is. I just didn't think it's very good value for money ATM. Especially not with the way they've been going about DLC content.

I actually really respect that they continued to take the franchise somewhere different with each iteration, rather than just rehash the same game over and over like GTA or Assassin's Creed.

Oh and here's my Boss character.

I initially tried to recreate my old SR2 character, but now I prefer this one, so I've attempted to reverse engineer her for SR2.

Last edited by Reverend; January 30 2014 at 09:19 AM.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2014, 11:55 AM   #2655
Luminus
Fleet Captain
 
Luminus's Avatar
 
Location: The Singularity
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Reverend wrote: View Post
I wouldn't say that exactly. First and foremost Saints Row is supposed to be *fun*, which SR4 certainly is. I just didn't think it's very good value for money ATM. Especially not with the way they've been going about DLC content.

I actually really respect that they continued to take the franchise somewhere different with each iteration, rather than just rehash the same game over and over like GTA or Assassin's Creed.
Well 2 of those properties are super successful, so someone's doing something right and the other is not. Just saying.

Reverend wrote: View Post
Oh and here's my Boss character.

I initially tried to recreate my old SR2 character, but now I prefer this one, so I've attempted to reverse engineer her for SR2.
Hm. Your first link isn't working. I tried to recreate my SR 2 character, too, but it didn't work out since they got rid of her hairstyle. I miss the "street cred" of the first 2 with the specific walks and the way the gangs worked... oh and Kieth David.
__________________
The Legend of Stratus Janice

"The Face of Boe they called me."
Luminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.