RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,719
Members: 24,211
Currently online: 855
Newest member: dmhp32

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old December 19 2012, 05:30 AM   #2176
Bishop76
Fleet Captain

Re: What games are you playing currently?

Finally decided to give up on COD Black Ops 2 multi-player. Got double prestiged before the game became too ridiculously unfun to play online against the sad sacks who have nothing better to do. But, I did start the campaign and it's actually really good. Some neat innovations from Treyarch this time out.
Old December 19 2012, 07:27 AM   #2177
BigFoot
Admiral

I finished Uncharted: Golden Abyss on Crushing a few days ago. While I still loved it, it was just too easy. Now I just need to clean up some of the trophies so I can get the Platinum.
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2012, 09:22 AM   #2178
acappellasaurus
Fleet Captain

Picked up Batman: Arkham City used the other day, and really enjoying it. Playing it through on hard. Never have touched the Uncharted series, but a friend gave me the first one the other day - not sure if I am gonna start it or not. Also would like to pick up Black Ops 2, but can't justify the cost yet.
acappellasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2012, 02:01 PM   #2179
Bishop76
Fleet Captain

You should give Uncharted a go - they're great games.
Old December 19 2012, 07:17 PM   #2180
BigFoot
Admiral

Yeah I absolutely love the Uncharted series, especially U2.
Old December 19 2012, 08:42 PM   #2181
RoJoHen
Awesome

The Uncharted Series is so much fun.

Lately I've been contemplating going back and re-playing Arkham City. Still need to finish Assassin's Creed III, though. That game just gives me no incentive to keep playing. The story is so boring!
Old December 19 2012, 08:57 PM   #2182
Bishop76
Fleet Captain

Overall I thought AC3 was a fine game - about a 7 out of 10 - but the part that I absolutely loved and kept bringing me back were the naval battles. I want more!
Old December 19 2012, 09:53 PM   #2183
RoJoHen
Awesome

I play games for the stories. AC3 has fine gameplay, but I just don't care at all about Connor or the American Revolution, so it makes it very difficult for me to get into it. I'm almost at the end of the story, and part of me just wants to power through so I can be done with it, but I just can't find the motivation.
Old December 20 2012, 08:20 AM   #2184
Magellan
Lieutenant Commander

Currently playing now Batman Arkham City and Civilization V Gods and Kings

Arkham city seems ok so far but just not as engaged as Asylum. I'm not sure the open world part of it is working for me. Seems like I just have to travel a lot between story points all while being bugged by annoying side quests. Also finding puzzles that CANT be solved without certain equipment that I dont have yet, that also kill me and give no indication that they are currently unsolvable is kinda irritatiing.

Gods and Kings is pretty good but religion seems way over powered. I dont remember ever being able to win this easily on King mode. Im just not that great a Civ player but it seems the only way the computer wins is by avoiding direct competition by being on another continent or something.
Magellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2012, 07:50 PM   #2185
Mr Silver
Rear Admiral

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions (the PSP remake)

My goodness, what an addictive game, I absolutely can't get enough of playing it, even if the cure spamming Chocobo enemies drive me mad!
Mr Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26 2012, 09:26 PM   #2186
Garrett
Vice Admiral

Haven't posted here in awhile. I got swamped with work a few months back and pretty much stopped gaming until things got a lot less crazy. I've been on a gaming binge since then. I got my guardian to level 80 in GW2, and spent a lot of time in WvWvW. Our server moved up to tier 2, but I haven't been on there since then to see how it is. It's looks like it's going to be a bit more competitive than tier 3 was.

Other than that, I've been adding to my Steam collection more than I've been getting through games. I moved my PC next to my tv so I can toggle back and forth between the monitor and my tv for Big Picture mode. So far, I've worked through:

-Dishonored. Did a high chaos playthrough. This is easily one of my favorites in the last couple of years for single player games. This really hit all the right notes for me in terms of play, setting, and tone. I'm planning on doing a low chaos run later on after I get through some more games.

-Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. I finished this one more of obligation for spending the money on it than enjoyment. It does get better later on when things aren't quite as heavily controlled. That still ends up being only a small part of the time. The first Ghost Recon was one of my all time favorites. I dumped a lot of time into that game. Future Soldier was the final straw for me in modern military shooters/COD clones. Meh.

-Darksiders. I quite during the final dungeon. I might go back and finish it or just watch the last few cutscenes on youtube. The main character and story didn't do much for me, but I did like the setting. The Zelda meets God of War gameplay worked pretty well. Introducing portals into it was where it felt like fanboys shoving too much of their favorite things into a game. I did fire up Darksiders 2 and played it for a few minutes. Looks like they may have exchanged Zelda for Diablo? Anyway, I'll get back to it at some point.

Right now I'm playing through Spec Ops: The Line. I just bought Assassin's Creed 3, so I'm not sure if I want to re-play 2 on the PC or just jump straight into Brotherhood. I loved 2, but it's a bit long to rush through. I've only played some multiplayer and a few minutes of the single player.
Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27 2012, 03:44 AM   #2187
Davros
Fleet Admiral

We played a very successful game of Arkham Horror Monday night.
Old December 27 2012, 04:43 AM   #2188
Aldo
Admiral

I just finished Final Fantasy VI (SuperNES version).

Now I'm working my way through Final Fantasy XIII for the first time. And I'm loving every minute of it. Sure it's a bit more streamlined than the earlier titles I grew up on, but the story is very captivating, and I do believe Lightning is my favorite FF heroine so far (sorry Terra).
Old December 27 2012, 08:45 AM   #2189
BigFoot
Admiral

^ Yeah I also really liked Lightning which is why I'm really looking forward to FFXIII-3.
Old December 27 2012, 07:09 PM   #2190
Aldo
Admiral

I'm not really into the direct FF sequels, though with saying that, I am kind of interested in Final Fantasy IV: The After Years.

I'll be too busy with Final Fantasy V Advance anyways, I'm trying not to stack too many games on top of each other. I think two Final Fantasy's is enough to work through right now