Orci Drops Rangers Project
By: T'Bonz on Sep 22

Retro Review: Image in the Sand
By: Michelle on Sep 20

Star Trek: Shadows Of Tyranny Casting Call
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

USS Vengeance And More Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old June 9 2012, 07:30 AM   #1936
Magellan
Lieutenant Commander

Re: What games are you playing currently?

Kelthaz wrote: View Post
I purchased a Neo Geo Pocket Colour and a couple games a few weeks ago. It arrived on Thursday. Been having a blast with King of Fighters R2 and Puzzle Link. It's hard getting used to no backlight again, but that's how it was back then.
Oh yeah Neo Geo Pocket color FTW. So much potential and a lot of solid games. A bit too heavy on the fighting games but it was SNK after all. The lack of backlight isnt too bad. Definitely bettter than handhelds like the Wonderswan. I wish more handhelds had copied the 8 way joystiq.
Magellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2012, 10:58 AM   #1937
Shurik
Fleet Captain

Titan Quest with the expansion pack. Out of all the Diablo clones, this one is the best and much better than Diablo 3 turned out.
Old June 14 2012, 03:20 AM   #1938
Davros
Fleet Admiral

Twilight Imperium most every Saturday.
Old June 14 2012, 07:06 AM   #1939
Kirkman1987
Commodore

Playing one of my favorite PC games of all time.

anyone feel this series took a nosedive once Ubisoft took over and decided it needed more action and less strategy?
Kirkman1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15 2012, 04:39 AM   #1940
Mr Pointy Ears
Captain

Resistance:fall of man.
Mr Pointy Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16 2012, 10:34 AM   #1941
D Man
Commodore

I picked up Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii, and it's absolutely outstanding. The over-the-top British voice acting is great, the battle system is addicting, and the story and setting are really great. The only problem is that it looks like a game from about 2006, but that's easy enough to ignore once you get into it. Highly recommended, almost seems like a better Final Fantasy game than the last few, and I loved FFXII and XIII!
Old June 17 2012, 09:13 AM   #1942
Sho
Fleet Captain

I recently picked up the Syberia & Syberia II bundle on Steam. I played Syberia back when it came out and really loved it, but somehow never got around to playing the sequel. Right now I'm replaying the first game (which I'm happy to say has held up well to my memories of it) and then it's on to the second. Also looking into LIMBO in parallel.
Sho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17 2012, 09:07 PM   #1943
RoJoHen
Awesome

After taking a few months off, I started playing Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood again. It's fun, but it's also kind of annoying because half the missions I seem to only get 50% Synchronization or whatever it is. "Do this mission completely undetected." "Aw, fuck, one guard saw me. Fail."
Old June 17 2012, 10:48 PM   #1944
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

I knew it was going to suck. I knew I was throwing money away. I knew I was giving money to a horrible developer so that they could go on making more horrible games, but I just couldn't resist. Nostalgia was too strong.

That's right, I picked up Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1. It's not a terrible game, or even a bad game at that, but it's so crummy and unpolished. The original Sonic games on the Genesis are, to me, the best platformers ever made. This one is between mediocre and decent. What happened to you Sega?

And you know what the worst thing is? I'm still going to buy Episode 2.

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2012, 12:51 AM   #1945
Skywalker
Admiral

I've been in kind of a WW2 mood lately, so I started playing through Call of Duty 2 again last night. Still just as much fun as I remembered it being.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2012, 03:35 PM   #1946
Sysyphyx
Lieutenant

View Sysyphyx's Twitter Profile

Been back and forth with a lot of games: Skyrim, Transformers- War For Cybertron, Silent Hill- Downpour. At this point l'm just killing time, waiting for the Dawnguard DLC for Skyrim and the new Amazing Spider-Man game.
Sysyphyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2012, 06:28 PM   #1947
RoJoHen
Awesome

Finished up AC: Brotherhood last night, and I'm about ready to start Revelations.
Old June 27 2012, 07:06 AM   #1948
Sysyphyx
Lieutenant

View Sysyphyx's Twitter Profile

Just started the Amazing Spider-Man. So far, its pretty amazing. l didn't play the last two Spidey games from Beenox, but l can already tell these guys know what they're doing. l haven't done too many missions yet though, since l've been too busy swinging around and collecting comic book pages (there are 700 of them).

Once l get bored of nabbing purse snatchers, l'm gonna download DAWNGUARD.
Sysyphyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2012, 08:52 AM   #1949
RoJoHen
Awesome

About halfway (I assume) through AC: Revelations. It's getting a little bit tiresome; granted, I did play the last two AC games immediately before this, so I'm just getting a little bored with it. I just want the story to move along faster so I can figure out what the hell is going on with Altair, Ezio, and Desmond. Does the world end? Does the Apple of Eden destroy us all? Why the hell did Desmond murder Lucy at the end of the last game? WHY IS ALL THIS HAPPENING?!
Old June 27 2012, 09:27 AM   #1950
Mr Silver
Rear Admiral

I like the Assassin's Creed series, but the games are just so alike that you are really just paying for the story. There is only so much free running around Common Era Europe that one can do before it becomes tedious.

I've been really into my Gamebryo games as of late, played Skyrim intensively for a month before picking up Fallout: New Vegas and exhausting the game. I'm now onto Fallout 3, which I enjoy more than NV, despite there being less quests and character personality options (the faction stuff in NV made a lot of the game).

I'm not too fussed about Dawnguard, mainly because I've bored myself of Skyrim something silly! I'm anxiously awaiting the Square-Enix announcement that Final Fantasy XIII-3 is going ahead. (and a bonus if XV is announced as a regular console RPG and not another fucking MMO that fails to deliver all that it promises!)
Mr Silver is offline   Reply With Quote