Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

City on the Edge of Forever #3 Preview

TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old June 6 2010, 11:03 PM   #31
Anwar
Vice Admiral

Re: So what was the deal with Robert Beltran?

Wang was critical of Berman because he wouldn't let him direct. Mainly because Wang refused to take the same directing course that ALL THE OTHER Trek actors-turned-Directors took.
Anwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2010, 11:23 PM   #32
stj
Rear Admiral

It seems to me Beltran didn't understand anything about science fiction, so he didn't understand that the Maquis crap was a dead end dramatically. It locked Chakotay into being wrong most of the time. Also, he didn't understand that dropping Chakotay's Mechanical Magic Mushroom did to the nature of the character. A science fiction character who doesn't explore the science fiction inthe character is useless. Seska deballing Chakotay pretty much finished it off.

So, when he didn't get big scenes, he just tuned out.

As to Wang/Berman, wasn't it Biller who turned him down for the directing gig? There seems to have been some sort of friction, perhaps Mulgrew disliked Wang (whose Harry Kim persona is apparently totally acting) as a rather active young man. There was a suspension for tardiness but Wang wasn't getting lines and scenes for a long time before fourth season. Caretaker was probably his high point. It's not clear why he was listed in the main cast.
Old June 7 2010, 04:01 AM   #33
Anwar
Vice Admiral

Wang is just a lousy actor, and rarely took his job on VOY seriously (I don't mean all stiff and serious like prima donna actors, but no really professional either).
Anwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2010, 05:10 PM   #34
Itachi
Lieutenant Commander

Ok how did this all of a sudden be about Garrett Wang?
Old June 8 2010, 05:14 PM   #35
Adm_Hawthorne
Admiral

View Adm_Hawthorne's Twitter Profile

All threads on TBBS digress into something other than the topic. That's just the natural order of the universe... Like Janeway having a cup of coffee when someone comes to see her in her ready room.
Adm_Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2010, 07:15 PM   #36
Dancing Doctor
Admiral

Location: At the Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound
View Dancing Doctor's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dancing Doctor

I remember reading a comment Mulgrew made where she liked her time working on Voyager and "Out of a cast of 9, I've made 3 great friends."

I haven't really looked but apart from Wang, was there anyone else Mulgrew and/or the other cast didn't get along with?

Loyal member of the Militant Janeway True Path Devotees
Dancing Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2010, 07:48 PM   #37
teya
Vice Admiral

Valeris wrote: View Post
I remember reading a comment Mulgrew made where she liked her time working on Voyager and "Out of a cast of 9, I've made 3 great friends."

I haven't really looked but apart from Wang, was there anyone else Mulgrew and/or the other cast didn't get along with?

Mulgrew did not like Jeri Ryan and according to Wang and others, made Jeri's life miserable for the time she was on the show.

She said at a con last year that she was wrong about that.
Old June 8 2010, 07:51 PM   #38
teya
Vice Admiral

Mulgrew did not like Jeri Ryan and according to Wang and others, made Jeri's life miserable for the time she was on the show. Most egregious was her sniffing that costumes are part of the job & actors shouldn't complain when Jeri passed out because the Borg suit was cutting flow through her carotid artery.

Kate, meanwhile, is on record for whinging about the hair and the bras for years.

She said at a con last year that she was wrong about how she treated Jeri.
Old June 8 2010, 07:54 PM   #39
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Itachi wrote: View Post
... you know i've already gave Beltran so much sh*t over the years. I just haven't had the chance to do it personally. I would like to hehe. I actually just asked someone on youtube linking to one of his vids of him bashing trekkies if they ever wonder if he reads the stuff people say about him. Idk i personally think he's afraid to see but can't help but wonder. If he does he definatly hates me nowHA!
Seriously, you really think Beltran is sitting around hating on you?
Old June 8 2010, 07:54 PM   #40
Dancing Doctor
Admiral

View Dancing Doctor's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dancing Doctor

teya wrote: View Post

Mulgrew did not like Jeri Ryan and according to Wang and others, made Jeri's life miserable for the time she was on the show. Most egregious was her sniffing that costumes are part of the job & actors shouldn't complain when Jeri passed out because the Borg suit was cutting flow through her carotid artery.

Kate, meanwhile, is on record for whinging about the hair and the bras for years.

Oh wow. I had no idea. That seems interesting, considering the on-screen relationship between Janeway and Seven.

Old June 8 2010, 07:57 PM   #41
Adm_Hawthorne
Admiral

View Adm_Hawthorne's Twitter Profile

Bob Picardo and Tim Russ are on that short list.

In fact, I believe that Bob Picardo is probably the closest to her.
Adm_Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2010, 07:57 PM   #42
teya
Vice Admiral

Oh wow. I had no idea. That seems interesting, considering the on-screen relationship between Janeway and Seven.

Proof they're both pros.
Old June 8 2010, 07:59 PM   #43
exodus
Fleet Admiral

I think it's pretty sad that everyone else on the cast got along and for 7 years, Mulgrew only made 3 friends. Too even say that pubilcally is like spitting in the others faces. Besides production reasons, is there any surprise now why there won't be a Voyager movie?
Old June 8 2010, 08:02 PM   #44
Dancing Doctor
Admiral

Adm_Hawthorne wrote: View Post

Bob Picardo and Tim Russ are on that short list.

In fact, I believe that Bob Picardo is probably the closest to her.
I know that Mulgrew said when Voyager ended, she was standing on the Bridge set as they were tearing it down and she got teary, and Picardo came up and they hugged each other. I think she said it was "devastating", to see them just sort of quickly and methodically tear the sets down.

Old June 8 2010, 08:06 PM   #45
froot
Fleet Captain

I don't think she ever meant to imply that she only made three friends throughout the run. She tends to compliment whatever people are sitting with/next to her at the time.
froot is offline   Reply With Quote