Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old April 16 2010, 05:47 PM   #46
Dusty Ayres
Commodore

Re: Ben Browder vs the CW cheerleaders

Harvey wrote: View Post
The man has to eat. That said, I sure as hell am not going to be tuning in.
He also has to diversify his acting as well: he can't be John Crichton forever. This show, while being just more crap from the CW, at least lets him escape the shadow of typecasting.

Also, one other thing I want to say: Farscape is over,and isn't coming back. That's something that we all will have to deal with. It had four years and a great wrap-up movie, which is more than most sci-fi shows get. Putting out some webisodes might just cheapen it to the point of no return, which we don't want. Let's all revel in the time that we had as fans watching Farscape when it was on, and not be bitter about the new show that he's in now.
Dusty Ayres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2010, 08:40 PM   #47
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile

auntiehill wrote: View Post
^ ^ I'll see that barf and raise you a giant eyeroll.
Old April 16 2010, 08:45 PM   #48
Witterquick
Captain

Dusty Ayres wrote: View Post
He also has to diversify his acting as well: he can't be John Crichton forever. This show, while being just more crap from the CW, at least lets him escape the shadow of typecasting.

Also, one other thing I want to say: Farscape is over,and isn't coming back. That's something that we all will have to deal with. It had four years and a great wrap-up movie, which is more than most sci-fi shows get. Putting out some webisodes might just cheapen it to the point of no return, which we don't want. Let's all revel in the time that we had as fans watching Farscape when it was on, and not be bitter about the new show that he's in now.
Being such a cult hit, I think it stands a good chance of being revived 20-30 years down the road.
Witterquick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2010, 08:48 PM   #49
Harvey
Admiral

Oh, I have no illusions about the chances of Farscape coming back, but I don't think it is as hopeless a picture as you paint it. The comics have already brought the show back, in way, and the webisodes are still a real possibility. Will they be as good as the series? Who can really say?

When it comes to its legacy, I couldn't care less. If the comics, or the webisodes, or anything else with the title Farscape isn't any good then I won't spend my time and money on them. And regardless of all that, there are four seasons and a miniseries out there that tell a story which is mostly complete, and they're not going to be tarnished any more than the latest Alien vs. Predator movie tarnishes Ridley Scott's original Alien.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2010, 08:49 PM   #50
RoJoHen
Awesome

I'm certainly not bitter about his new show, but that doesn't prevent it from sounding really crappy.
Old April 16 2010, 08:53 PM   #51
TrekkieMonster
Commodore

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Hey, if the Flash can end up as Dawson's father on DAWSON'S CREEK, this was probably inevitable . . . .

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
I'm certainly not bitter about his new show, but that doesn't prevent it from sounding really crappy.
My thinking exactly. Though, I must confess that if there's a chance of locker room scenes with Ben Butt, I might give it a look see ....
Old April 17 2010, 12:19 AM   #52
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Here's a possibility...

Football coach with a drinking problem = Ben Browder acting drunk = John Chrichton Normal = anyone else looney toons.

It couldn't be worse than One Tree Hill and that grew on me eventually.

I have spent the last year thinking that make it or break it was a reality TV show so I didn't even investigate it in the slightest, but then I do have my limits.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17 2010, 02:37 AM   #53
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
Oh dear God.

Can Claudia Black join the cast too?
Bitchy mother vicariously living through her daughter's life.
Bitchy mother/former cheerleader who is hotter than her cheerleader daughter and all her friends.

Scrap that, Claudia needs to join Sons of Anarchy as the biker matriarch of a rival gang. Her vs. Katie Sagal - WOW!

Ben needs to be given a better role than he'll ever get on Stargate. As stupid as the CW may be, at least it's different.

Being such a cult hit, I think it stands a good chance of being revived 20-30 years down the road.
I'm already starting the NO REMAKE online petition! Though by then, we might be doing petitions via virtual reality, right?
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17 2010, 07:39 AM   #54
RoJoHen
Awesome

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Oh dear God.

Bitchy mother/former cheerleader who is hotter than her cheerleader daughter and all her friends.

Scrap that, Claudia needs to join Sons of Anarchy as the biker matriarch of a rival gang. Her vs. Katie Sagal - WOW!
Maybe Ben's show will be super successful, and Claudia will get a spin-off where she coaches a boy's football team.
Old May 1 2010, 02:57 PM   #55
Dusty Ayres
Commodore

Maybe Ben's show will be super successful, and Claudia will get a spin-off where she coaches a boy's football team.
Did I not just say that Claudia is raising her kid(s) now, and just producing rather than acting?
Old May 1 2010, 03:47 PM   #56
RoJoHen
Awesome

Get a sense of humor, please.
Old May 1 2010, 05:23 PM   #57
Dusty Ayres
Commodore

I have one. But it's smart, not stupid and pointless.
Old May 4 2010, 03:06 AM   #58
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Everyone sharpen up your sensa huma, since Hellcats looks like its going to series!
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2010, 12:16 AM   #59
Dusty Ayres
Commodore

I can't believe that there's a fan page for Hellcats already, with an article on Browder there:

Hellcast Casting – Ben Browder Cast as “Red Raymond”
Old May 5 2010, 03:16 AM   #60
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Oh dear God.

She needs to be on "Burn Notice" as a rival to Gabrielle Anwar
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote