Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Retro Review: Covenant
By: Michelle on Nov 22

Two Official Starships Collection Previews
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old April 13 2010, 08:40 AM   #46
Orac Zen
Mischief Manager

Re: Watching Farscape lately...

Aeon wrote: View Post
TiberiusMaximus wrote: View Post
I don't like that they replaced Jool with Sikozu, just when I was starting to like Jool.
I totally agree. In my opinion Sikozu never was a well-defined character. Often times her loyalties and decisions felt out of place. All the stuff about the resistance, her relationship with Scorpius, her actions in The Peacekeeper Wars etc. Very odd to say the least. Not to mention she was incredibly annoying with all her arrogance, even more so than Jool ever was.
Sikozu is one of the very few fictional characters I genuinely loathe (Byron from B5 is the only other one I can think of, in fact). Rightly or wrongly, I tend to think of Jool as a second-rate Zhaan; Sikozu I think of as a 50th-rate Jool. Rewatching the fourth season is a struggle for me simply because she's in it.
Old April 13 2010, 09:10 AM   #47
Aeon
Commander

Orac Zen wrote: View Post
Byron
Ah hell! I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth!
Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13 2010, 10:20 AM   #48
Orac Zen
Mischief Manager

I know the feeling. My apologies.
Old April 13 2010, 10:30 AM   #49
Checkmate
Commodore

I much preferred Sikozu to Jool. I regularly and consistently wanted to jab an icepick into Jool's skull every time she was on the screen. Not that I cared for Sikozu very much, either, but I'd rather have her around than Jool. At least Sikozu was interesting and willing to take an active part in things. Jool just stood around stomping her foot and crying all the time. Ugh. <looks around for an icepick just thinking about her>
Checkmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13 2010, 10:45 AM   #50
Can
Commander

Oh I have forgotten to mention. Farscape also has the best villain character I have ever seen in sci-fi/fantasy genre ever. You know I am talking about : Scorpius. Scheming , calculating , creepy , patient....Wayne Pygram was absolutely awesome with this character. It is shame that he didn't get any awards for his amazing performance.

Scorpy rules.

Last edited by Can; April 13 2010 at 10:58 AM.
Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13 2010, 04:21 PM   #51
RandyS
Vice Admiral

View RandyS's Twitter Profile

Can wrote: View Post
Oh I have forgotten to mention. Farscape also has the best villain character I have ever seen in sci-fi/fantasy genre ever. You know I am talking about : Scorpius. Scheming , calculating , creepy , patient....Wayne Pygram was absolutely awesome with this character. It is shame that he didn't get any awards for his amazing performance.

Scorpy rules.
I liked Harvey too.
RandyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13 2010, 07:34 PM   #52
lvsxy808
Rear Admiral

Can wrote: View Post
The Locket was pretty standart stand alone episode of Season 2. Quite decent in writing/acting mostly. Drama was effective and not forced. Unfortunetely reset button at the end ruins it and makes this episode all too much "stand alone" without any after effects...I mean this could be easily "Clues" episode of Star Trek TNG and if you rip off another episode of another series so blantly it means you are in trouble in creative department.
RoJoHen wrote: View Post
I wouldn't say it had no consequences. Old Man Crichton popped up again Season 3.
Ah, but it did something much more important than that, something that's possibly connected to RoJoHen's point...

It was the first mention of Unrealized Realities.

Granted, they called them Centre Halos, but the concept is the same. It also thereby demonstrates how both Zhaan and Stark might have played into the larger developing arc had they stayed around.

Read Deep Space Nine, Season 10
All 22 eps available to read on-screen or download and keep!
lvsxy808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2010, 03:00 AM   #53
Checkmate
Commodore

Can wrote:
... it means you are in trouble in creative department.
Yes, that's one thing Farscape often gets criticized for.

Checkmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2010, 05:15 AM   #54
Can
Commander

Checkmate wrote: View Post
Can wrote:
... it means you are in trouble in creative department.
Yes, that's one thing Farscape often gets criticized for.

Of course Farscape is one of the most creative series in several topics. From costumes/make up/production values to character arcs etc. But occasionally a few times it slips into predictability especially in a handful stand alone episodes
Old April 14 2010, 07:31 AM   #55
Scotty
Rear Admiral

Well, I just saw The Locket again for the first time in years. It is as I remember it, although not as boring. It just doesn't work. It doesn't work as a mystery or as a lovestory. Some compare it to Inner Light and The Visitor. But The Locket is different from those Trek episode since we don't see time passing and Crichton or Aeryn coming to terms with their new life. The ending is a total copout, a reset button worthy of ST Voyager.

I also watched The Ugly Truth last night. I enjoyed that one quite a lot. A perfectly executed bottle-show.

The Locket 6/10
The Ugly Truth 8/10
Old April 14 2010, 09:05 AM   #56
Kegg
Rear Admiral

I love "The Ugly Truth". As Rashomon episodes go, well, there's another cliche Farscape hit out of the park. The subtle and not so subtle differences on how everyone behaves depending on who is telling the story (in Zhaan's everyone is more docile and reasonable, and she just happens to know who the Plakavoids are, while in D'Argo's everyone's a trifle more... agitated..) make it a plain fun watch.
Old April 14 2010, 09:46 AM   #57
ElimParra
Fleet Admiral

Over the past week or so, I've rewatched season 1 and 2 for the first time in a few years. The DVDs have been out of my range for the last few years. Thinking about starting season 3 tonight, but might wait until tomorrow night.
ElimParra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2010, 09:53 AM   #58
Valin
Rear Admiral

When it was originally shown on SciFi, I caught maybe a couple episodes a year until the fourth season. That's when I really got into it; and I liked Sikozu's character.

I'll have to pick up the complete series now, reading these posts has gotten me interested in watching the whole thing (and yes, those lovely ladies were part of the attraction of the show).
Old April 14 2010, 12:39 PM   #59
Fist McStrongpunch
Rear Admiral

The Ugly Truth is great. I love how everyone mispronounces the alien race's name in John's version.
Old April 14 2010, 07:41 PM   #60
Scotty
Rear Admiral

Just saw A Clockwork Nebari again. Pretty damn funny. Especially loved how John tried to convince the rest that he was mind cleansed by acting like a drugged out surferdude.

The eye-poking and pulling has to be one of the most disgusting scenes on television. I can't believe the got away with that!

A Clockwork Nebari 8/10