Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media > Lost

Lost We're not the only forum on this board, and we all know it!

View Poll Results: How will it end?
Both realities will continue to exist and at least some will exist in both 4 8.89%
The Alt. Reality will be the final reality (island reality disappears) 10 22.22%
The Island Reality will be the final reality (alt. reality disappears) 7 15.56%
They end up in some new, merged hybrid of the two realities (a new reality) 20 44.44%
Some other (specify) 4 8.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 30 2010, 12:47 AM   #31
zengoth
Fleet Captain

Re: Poll : Which Reality will the show end on?

Perhaps only the dead will get the sideways universe (as a reward). Those few that choose to stay on the island - Jack, for instance, will know that they are giving up some happiness (his son) for the greater good of the island.

Having said that, we can expect most of the main characters to die in the island reality so they can live out the sideways reward.

Could be Jack, could be Hugo (I can see him readily giving up his successful off island life, even without Libby, to save everyone else. The last seen shows him standing on the beach alone - or is he? (pull back and all the dead characters are standing on the beach with him)
Old May 5 2010, 03:06 AM   #32
Dar70
Rear Admiral

Guess we know the answer now. It blows but we know.
Old May 5 2010, 03:38 AM   #33
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

You referring to Jack's "What happened, happened" line?
Old May 8 2010, 04:19 AM   #34
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Wowza, with major characters falling right and left, those flashsideways had better be a virtual reality or purgatory style scenario. It ain't right to kill off characters when their stories are left so unfinished.

At the rate they're going, I think all the characters will be dead by the end of the series finale - but we've already seen how the story really ends.

Something about the flash-sideways determines which of the candidates takes Jacob's place. My brain is too overloaded to figure this out right now, but the whole thing strikes me as one big gigantic test.
Old May 11 2010, 04:53 PM   #35
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

^^ I don't know. I think that while this cycle may have happened before of finding replacements. Jacob may have been a replacement for someone/thing. This seems like it's the end of the cycle. Clearly MiB's goal is to end the cycle at least by killing all of the candidates off. Doesn't mean it will happen.

There also seems to be the implication that even though Jacob is dead, the candidate selection process can continue and someone can still be selected. Something knows that there are still candidates alive and hence MiB cannot get off the island. Apparently the test runs independentally of Jacob.

I guess we'll see if the cycle ends or there is a replacement. Agree that it seems like a big test.

Mr Awe
Old May 28 2010, 01:55 AM   #36
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Well this thread is certainly interesting now! I find it really interesting how the writers did succeed in avoiding the "emotionally unsatisfying" options of negating either of the realities, or having the flashsideways characters be mere dopplegangers of the real characters.

That left us with only the future of the Losties, but in an unreal place where the world's amnesia about the famous 815 survivors could be explained. I think I would have preferred it to be a hallucination/test vs the afterlife.
Something about the flash-sideways determines which of the candidates takes Jacob's place.
And that would have solved the problem that people are bitching about - the flashsideways had no purpose in the story.
Lindelof established in a podcast that the date of flight 815 in the flashsideways is the same as the date in the pilot episode, September something 2004.
Tsk tsk. He lied.