RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,932
Posts: 5,389,904
Members: 24,720
Currently online: 442
Newest member: MrSpock

TrekToday headlines

New Trek-themed Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Aug 21

IDW Publishing November Trek Comic
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Cumberbatch To Voice Khan
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 24 2010, 02:53 AM   #1
RobertScorpio
Pariah
 
Location: San Diego
unused TREK ideas

We had fun with this sometime back, so I thought I'd drag this out of mothballs..

Come up with a quick description of a crazy TREK plot idea (any series) that never got made. Make it sound like one of those old TV GUIDE blurbs...

For example..

TOS; season four..
Kirk and Spock crash land on a planet where the citizens all speak in rhymes. Spock refuses to do so, and is put on trial, and could be executed. Only a great speech by Kirk, all in rhyme, can save his Vulcan friend.

Rob
RobertScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2010, 04:13 AM   #2
Fist McStrongpunch
Rear Admiral
 
Fist McStrongpunch's Avatar
 
Location: Milwaukeeish
Re: unused TREK ideas

VOY - The Doctor activates one day to find that everyone on the ship is the opposite sex. Guest starring Chuck Norris as Kyle Janeway, Stephen Snedden as Seven of Nine.
__________________
You all laugh when I look at boxes and talk about robot costumes. Robots, my friends, are no laughing matter.
Fist McStrongpunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2010, 04:26 AM   #3
RobertScorpio
Pariah
 
Location: San Diego
Re: unused TREK ideas

Fist McStrongpunch wrote: View Post
VOY - The Doctor activates one day to find that everyone on the ship is the opposite sex. Guest starring Chuck Norris as Kyle Janeway, Stephen Snedden as Seven of Nine.
^^^ very good!!!

TOS; season Four
When the Klingons attack the tribble homeworld, and only one Tribble survives, Kirk and Spock must try every trick in the book to save the last furry survivor; guest starring Michael Ansara as Kang!!!

Rob
RobertScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2010, 01:20 PM   #4
Finn
Vice Admiral
 
Finn's Avatar
 
Location: In the MetroWest
Re: unused TREK ideas

During TNG season one- Wesley develops diaper rash and Beverly needs to rush him to Starbase 47 for the proper rash ointment but Q shows up and sends the Enterprise to the "Who framed Roger Rabbit" universe.

guest stars Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2010, 03:32 PM   #5
RobertScorpio
Pariah
 
Location: San Diego
Re: unused TREK ideas

DS9; Season One.

Sisko's older sister arrives. Turns out she is a lesbien and has a same-sex Klingon wife who has a rare form of cancer. The Federation healh-care program won't cover the medical cost, and Sisko evokes the universal Health Care program, signed in by law by Barak Obama, and never resended even after all this time. A visiting Admiral vows to stop the treatment, but caves in when the entire crew breaks into song..the song they all sing? "Bridge over Trouble Water"

Guest star...Paul Simon (Garfunkle doesn't appear for the cameo due to the fact he was totally forgotten until after the episode was filmed)

Rob
RobertScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2010, 07:28 PM   #6
sojourner
Vice Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Re: unused TREK ideas

TOS season 4
In order to procure a vital spice for the Federation, Kirk must battle hand to hand with the self-proclaimed "God-Emperor" of a desert planet.
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2010, 08:02 PM   #7
RobertScorpio
Pariah
 
Location: San Diego
Re: unused TREK ideas

TNG-sixth season
Next week, on an all new episode of STAR TREK...The Next Generation!!!

Someone is raping unsuspecting crew members, men and women, aboard the Enterprise-D. Data evokes his Sherlock Holmes character, and sets out to catch the dasterdly criminal, only to find that the clues all point; to him.

Rob
RobertScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2010, 08:30 PM   #8
sbk1234
Rear Admiral
 
sbk1234's Avatar
 
Location: Los Angeles
Re: unused TREK ideas

TNG: Lwaxana Troi arrives on the ship and is horny as hell. Picard must hide in the holodeck pretending to be a 20th Century detective to avoid her advances. Meanwhile, big fish people are kept in storage in the Enterprise's sickbay.

Oh, wait. That one really happened. Never mind.
__________________
In all the history of the world, a riot has NEVER broken out at a Sci-Fi convention.

"It's a fucking TV show!" - Gary Lockwood
sbk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2010, 08:39 PM   #9
RobertScorpio
Pariah
 
Location: San Diego
Re: unused TREK ideas

sbk1234 wrote: View Post
TNG: Lwaxana Troi arrives on the ship and is horny as hell. Picard must hide in the holodeck pretending to be a 20th Century detective to avoid her advances. Meanwhile, big fish people are kept in storage in the Enterprise's sickbay.

Oh, wait. That one really happened. Never mind.
..and you had to remind us..LOL..

Rob
RobertScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2010, 10:50 PM   #10
Pemmer Harge
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Between the candle and the star
Re: unused TREK ideas

RobertScorpio wrote: View Post
TNG-sixth season
Next week, on an all new episode of STAR TREK...The Next Generation!!!

Someone is raping unsuspecting crew members, men and women, aboard the Enterprise-D. Data evokes his Sherlock Holmes character, and sets out to catch the dasterdly criminal, only to find that the clues all point; to him.

Rob
Aside from the rape aspect, didn't they do something a lot like that on Voyager?
__________________
"I hate purity, I hate goodness! I don't want any virtue to exist anywhere. I want everyone to be corrupt to the bones." - Winston Smith
Pemmer Harge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2010, 11:06 PM   #11
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral
 
DevilEyes's Avatar
 
Location: basking in the warmth of the Fire Caves
View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile
Re: unused TREK ideas

Pemmer Harge wrote: View Post
RobertScorpio wrote: View Post
TNG-sixth season
Next week, on an all new episode of STAR TREK...The Next Generation!!!

Someone is raping unsuspecting crew members, men and women, aboard the Enterprise-D. Data evokes his Sherlock Holmes character, and sets out to catch the dasterdly criminal, only to find that the clues all point; to him.

Rob
Aside from the rape aspect, didn't they do something a lot like that on Voyager?
Substitute rape with forced mind meld (and some people on Trek BBS claim it's the same thing anyway ) and that's pretty much it. (Just looked it up - it's a 7 season episode called Repression.)
__________________
Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
DevilEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2010, 12:59 AM   #12
Navigator_NCC2120
Captain
 
Navigator_NCC2120's Avatar
 
Location: Sol 3
Re: unused TREK ideas

sojourner wrote: View Post
TOS season 4
In order to procure a vital spice for the Federation, Kirk must battle hand to hand with the self-proclaimed "God-Emperor" of a desert planet.
Special Guest Star Kyle MacLachlan as Paul (Moe-a-deeb) Atreides.


Navigator NCC-2120 USS Entente
/\
__________________
Stokely: In an insane society, the sane man must appear insane.
Harvey Holroyd: Where'd you get that?
Stokely: Star Trek. [leaves the room]
Harvey Holroyd: [to himself] God, I miss that show. (Source: "Serial", 1980.)
Navigator_NCC2120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2010, 03:58 PM   #13
RobertScorpio
Pariah
 
Location: San Diego
Re: unused TREK ideas

TOS-Season 4
After a transporter combines Kirk/Spock/McCoy into one being (guest star Roddy Mcdowell as Composite Kirk/Spock/McCoy) a surprise Romulan attack may lead to the total destructon of the Enterprise.
RobertScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2010, 05:55 PM   #14
Kirkman1987
Commodore
 
Kirkman1987's Avatar
 
Location: Missouri
Re: unused TREK ideas

RobertScorpio wrote: View Post
TOS-Season 4
After a transporter combines Kirk/Spock/McCoy into one being (guest star Roddy Mcdowell as Composite Kirk/Spock/McCoy) a surprise Romulan attack may lead to the total destructon of the Enterprise.
Roddy Mcdowell would have been great on TOS.
Kirkman1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2010, 06:07 PM   #15
RobertScorpio
Pariah
 
Location: San Diego
Re: unused TREK ideas

Kirkman1987 wrote: View Post
RobertScorpio wrote: View Post
TOS-Season 4
After a transporter combines Kirk/Spock/McCoy into one being (guest star Roddy Mcdowell as Composite Kirk/Spock/McCoy) a surprise Romulan attack may lead to the total destructon of the Enterprise.
Roddy Mcdowell would have been great on TOS.
^^ agreed
RobertScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.