Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Fiction

Fan Fiction Other forums talk about Trek. We make it.

Old June 1 2010, 05:49 PM   #76
RobertScorpio
Pariah

Re: Chiron Intergalaxy Corp.

I like where you are going with this, SW. The best line ..."HA, wow, you’ve actually come up with something here, I especially like the NON paid personnel, what else !

I could so very much see Houston saying that...

Good stuff, keep it going..

Rob
RobertScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2010, 05:31 PM   #77
SWHouston
Commander

Re: Chiron Intergalaxy Ė Subspace Ė Encrypted Ė Conference

Chiron Intergalaxy Ė Subspace Ė Encrypted Ė Conference
Com Level: SECURED Ė ALL TRANSPORT VESSELS Ė CCOM UNIVERSAL PATCH
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Clearance Level Validation: AUTOVALIDATIONS ROTATING
With: HOUSTON-9400:
With: STAR FLEET Ė SF115
With: MAXWELL BS-1:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
CC-2000:
SW !, I have Captain BíiJik on Subspace, but heís not where heís supposed to be !
HOUSTON-9400:
Where is he ?
CC-2000:
I have the Zeus at the Star Fleet Deep Space Nine Station, almost on top of it !
HOUSTON-9400:
WHAT !, ahh, put him through !

BíIJIK- CBG-1:

Leader, I am very sorry, I have come through the Worm Hole to....

CC-2000:
SW, DS9 has just raised their Shields, and are charging weapons !

HOUSTON-9400:
OHH shi...stand by BíiJik, CC, get me a separate Subspace Channel to DS9 Com, QUICK ! BíiJik, are you cloaked ?
BíIJIK- CBG-1:
Ahh yes Leader, I am.
HOUSTON-9400:
Get full shields up NOW, and stand by !

CC-2000:
COM REQUEST -STAR FLEET Ė SF115 Ė SEND
REQUEST ACCEPTED
Channel open SW, they are receiving.

HOUSTON-9400:

DS9 Com, this is Chiron Corporate, please respond and hold your fire please.

KIRA-COM1:

This is Colonel Kira, who are you, are you responsible for opening the Worm Hole !?

HOUSTON-9400:
Colonel, yes I think so, we mean you no harm, we are a Private Vessel, let me uncloak our ship, please donít fire on us, ok ?
KIRA-COM1:
Very well, we will hold fire, but, youíd better be who you say you are !
HOUSTON-9400:
CC, tell the Zeus to turn itís Transponder on, and uncloak ONLY.
CC-2000:
COMMAND SENT AS ORDERED
ORDER CONFIRMED Ė ZEUS Ė ENGAGING TRANSPONDER - DISENGAGING CLOAK
Orders received and complied to SW.

HOUSTON-9400:
See Colonel, just us good guys, ok !
KIRA-COM1:
Whatís the meaning of this, do you know how much trouble this causes !
HOUSTON-9400:
I sincerely apologize Colonel, the Captain of the Zeus is not familiar with the protocols of operating in your Sector, and I assure this will not happen again.
KIRA-COM1:
Why were you cloaked anyway ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Ahh...well...OH, our other Vessel the PCV Oxford which is stationed at your Facility, had an encounter with a Klingon Vessel which was trying to board one of our customers Ships. I had advised all of our ships to cloak, just to avoid any further conflict, should they encounter that Vessel again.
CC-2000 CONFIDENTIAL TEXT BOX DISPLAY TO 9400 SCREEN:
NICE SAVE SW !
KIRA-COM1:
Umm, I see, but you made us very nervous, we are unsure of the intent and plans of the Dominion, JemíHadar and Breen, and when the Worm Hole opens like that, and nothing comes through, we are very suspicious ! But yes, we were aware of the encounter between the Oxford and that Rader, it was quite unexpected, that has not happened in this Sector for quite some time.
HOUSTON-9400:
I agree, quite unexpected, but, I have discussed more intense Security Measures with the Vessel we helped, and I think they will be more careful in the future.
DS9 IS DROPPING THEIR SHIELDS AND STANDING WEAPONS DOWN
KIRA-COM1:
And who are you exactly ?
HOUSTON-9400:
S. W. Houston, Iím the CEO of Chiron...ahh..the Owner.
KIRA-COM1:
Oh I see, but, I trust you will inform your other Vessels of our protocols, and this matter will be settled.
HOUSTON-9400:
Yes Colonel, it is, thank you, Chiron Corporate out.
COM DISCONNECT -STAR FLEET Ė SF115
CHANNEL CLOSED
CC, put the Zeus back on.

PCV ZEUS CHIGCO Z73F2V SECURED:
CHANNEL OPEN
BíiJik !, what the hell are you doing at DS9 !
DOWNLOADING CURRENT FILES FROM ZEUS

BíIJIK- CBG-1:
Leader, I am very sorry, it was very confusing, and I must have attempted to return in the wrong Conduit !
HOUSTON-9400:
So it put you in the Gama Quad, that is where you entered the Worm Hole, right !?
BíIJIK- CBG-1:
Yes Leader, we left a tag near the exit, where we can return, I only came through because I need more Class One Probes, it was shorter this way.
HOUSTON-9400:
Just how many exits have you found, and where !?
BíIJIK- CBG-1:
This is the third one Leader, we attempted return the first time, and were discharged in a far region of the Delta Quadrant, I left a probe there, which was my last one, then returned and tried another, which allowed me to exit in the Gama Quadrant.
HOUSTON-9400:
CC, whereís Maxwell, get him to the Zeus as quick as possible. Ok BíiJik, we need to get a better handle on how to tag those Conduits, where we can return in the RIGHT one next time, think you can do that !
SENDING INTERCEPT ORDER TO PCV CHIRON
ORDER RECEIVED Ė REDIRECTING ROUTE
BíIJIK- CBG-1:
Yes Leader, the Computer is sending me a construct for the Tags, where it will be more clear as to which one I am to use. Iím very sorry, but it was very confusing !
HOUSTON-9400:
Well ok, you did the best you could, but, did you see the Hive ?
BíIJIK- CBG-1:
No Leader, we did not, when we first arrived on the other side of the Conduit, there was no Hive, it was like...ahh...
CC-2000:
SW, I have analyzed the Zeusí files, and it appears as though he encountered a Manifold, or Intersection, separate from an actual Distribution Point as we expected. Itís a ďMiniĒ Hub, I suppose.
BíIJIK- CBG-1:
YES Leader, that is what it was, there was no Hive there.
HOUSTON-9400:
I see, thatís interesting, apparently not all roads lead back to the Hive, or Hives, Iíll have to think about this, but, Iím getting the Chiron to you as soon as possible BíiJik, and Maxwell can transfer what Probes he has to you, ok.
BíIJIK- CBG-1:
Yes Leader, I shall stand by until he arrives.

MAXWELL BS-1:

SW, I just did an inventory, we only have Three Class One Probes on board, hope that will be enough !

HOUSTON-9400:
Going to have to do for now Ben, but wow, this may get expensive, CC, is there any other way to tag and monitor those exits ?
CC-2000:
SW, let me see what I can do about that, but Iím sending the specifications on a simple Tag, which can be left in the Conduit entrances at the Manifold, where it identifies them clearly. That should simplify an accurate selection for a return via the proper Conduit.
HOUSTON-9400:
So, what youíre saying is that we have to use Class One Probes to monitor the exits, at least for now ?
CC-2000:
SW yes, at this point we donít have another choice, but, Iím working on a substitute, and I recommend that it includes a Cloak as well.
HOUSTON-9400:
So, they are just sitting there where anyone can see them, and take a shot at them if they want, that it !
CC-2000:
Well yes, itís unavoidable, Class One Probes usually donít need Cloaks, but they do have good shields, I donít think they will be harmed.
HOUSTON-9400:
Thatís comforting, at least weíll be able to recover them, but, I DO like the Cloak idea, Iím not all that anxious to answer Star Fleet questions right now, as to why I left a Probe or Probes, out in the middle of nowhere.
CC-2000:
Scientific Research, itís worked before.
HOUSTON-9400:
CC, Star Fleet is backward, not dumb, but letís get the proper equipment built and out there as soon as possible, wow, lots of things to do.
BíIJIK- CBG-1:
Leader, these Conduits will be very helpful in maneuvering, there were many, I again apologize it was quite confusing.
HOUSTON-9400:
Hay no problem BíiJik, from the way it sounds, Iím surprised youíre not in the next Galaxy somewhere, weíll let CC work a good Map out for us, and Iím sure it will be a lot better then, ok.
BíIJIK- CBG-1:
Yes Leader, thank you, I tried my best.
HOUSTON-9400:
I donít doubt that for a minute, you are a good Captain, and I believe Kímlhet now, there probably will be stories told about your bravery in this !
BíIJIK- CBG-1:
Thank you Leader, your words honor me and my Family.
CC-2000:
SW, the Chiron is coming out of Warp now, and I am transporting the Probes to the Zeus as we speak.
MAXWELL BS-1:
SW, the Zeus has the Probes, what now ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Thatís it Ben, I guess back to your Route, you can pick up more Probes the next time youíre back here at the barn, you shouldnít need any for now.
MAXWELL BS-1:
Understood SW, weíll get back on Route now. OH, good job BíiJik, glad to see youíre making it ok, but, by SW.
MAXWELL BS-1: CLEAR
HOUSTON-9400:
Ok BíiJik, go on back through the Worm Hole, and return to that Manifold. Make sure you stop, and get a Tag in the Manifold entrance of EACH Conduit there, then, I want to see you come out where this started at, got that !
BíIJIK- CBG-1:
Yes Leader, I am leaving now.
BíIJIK- CBG-1: CLEAR
HOUSTON-9400:
CC, you getting information from the Probes that are out there now ?
CC-2000:
Yes SW, wow, that Delta Quad exit is WAY out there, and Iíve set a clear identification on the Tags, with a simple Map Display for the Captains to look at, and the Captains can replicate as many tags as necessary.
HOUSTON-9400:
Simpler the better.
CC-2000:
SW, Iím sorry but when the Zeus goes silent and turns off everything including its Transponder, I have to leave some of the decision making up to what I have installed in their Living Cell Module on board. I must wait till they reconnect with me, before I can do anything for them, you see the problem ?
HOUSTON-9400:
I do now, but, thatís as best as you can do under the circumstances, and Iím pretty sure when the Tags are placed, we can operate much more efficiently, right ?
CC-2000:
OH YEA, we will, but from my analysis, the Manifold that the Zeus entered first, has ten Conduits connected to it, and I might surmise, that at least one of them, will return to a Hub.
HOUSTON-9400:
UOOO, now that I think about that, it makes me nervous, no telling when or if a Cube might choose to enter, and theyíd be right there on top of us, wouldnít they !
CC-2000:
Well yes, but Iím sure our shields will hold up against their Weaponry, but, how about Mining that Conduit when we find it, I know that sounds kinda ďdeadlyĒ, but....
HOUSTON-9400:
Yea, but get something ready to do that with anyway, I really hate screwing them up any more than they are, but, thatís better than them screwing us up.
CC-2000:
Understood SW, Iíll start that immediately, is there anything else ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Not right now CC, but keep a lookout when or if BíiJik puts another Probe out, thatíll tell you where he is, even if he isnít transmitting, right.
CC-2000:
Yes it will SW, Iíll keep up with it.
HOUSTON-9400:
Ok, I guess thatís settled, and make sure you send everyone the Protocols for DS9, just in case.
CC-2000:
That too SW, but may I ask a question. You acted like DS9ís weapons could hurt the Zeus, you do know that isnít so, right ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Well yea, I know, but, I couldnít let her know that, I had to put on a guise, like I was afraid of them, see.
CC-2000:
I understand now, itís not like you to vary ďtooĒ far away from the truth.
HOUSTON-9400:
Itís what you ďdonítĒ say sometimes CC, ok, bye.
HOUSTON-9400: CLEAR
CC-2000 Return to Enhanced Monitoring Mode
SWHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2010, 08:09 PM   #78
SWHouston
Commander

Chiron Intergalaxy – Subspace – Encrypted – Conference
Com Level: SECURED – ALL TRANSPORT VESSELS – CCOM UNIVERSAL PATCH
With: PCV ZEUS CHIGCO Z73F2V SECURED:
With: K’mlhet-9407:
CC-2000:
SW, I’ve been thinking, is it really necessary to leave a Class One Probe at all the exits ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Ummm....I’m not sure now that you mention it, what you got ?
CC-2000:
Well, if the Borg were to take a notion to move through one, and they exited somewhere that was not immediately dangerous to us, we could leave just a Proximity activated Tag in the Conduit exit, and I can monitor those just as well as a Probe. Cost a LOT less !
HOUSTON-9400:
I’m SOLD !, but we’d need to keep the Probes on the Exits that were...like close to us.
CC-2000:
Ahhh...well, I’ve been thinking about that too...except it might cost more than a Probe.
HOUSTON-9400:
Hay, this is not borrow from the left hand, to pay the right ! Aww, never mind, what you got ?
CC-2000:
Well, if what we need to monitor a “Critical” Exit, near us, what would you think about leaving an Un-Manned set of Modules there ? Like a Weapons and Power Module, and have it activate if a Cube or one of the other Borg vehicles exited, how about that ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Ahh ha...whew...that is a LOT more cost, but, if they were cloaked, undetectable, and could take a Cube out of service right then, that’s not a bad investment.
CC-2000:
Ok, next thing, on those Non-Critical Exits, we know the Coordinates, and I can set the Tag to sleep and just monitor proximity, and if we wanted to find the exit, we could send out a general signal, and turn the Tag on, then we could find the Exit, see that ?
HOUSTON-9400:
YEA, good idea, then nothing would be “showing” on those, right !
CC-2000:
That’s it, sorta all or nothing on the cost, but I think that would better serve our interests at this time. Oh, and we could do that at the Manifold as well, no use in taking a chance on the Borg finding something of ours in there, even though I’ve made them look like Space Debris on a Sensor.
HOUSTON-9400:
Gees CC, you’re REALLY getting sharp, I’ve really been impressed with your service.
CC-2000:
Wow thanks SW, I’m monitoring Facial Recognition on you as usual, and I see that you really mean that, thanks.
HOUSTON-9400:
As usual..ummm.
CC-2000:
I hope you don’t think that an invasion of your privacy, I just want to know if you’re glad or mad, ya know, like that, that ok ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Ohhh ok, is that why you try to cheer me up at times ?
CC-2000:
YES, exactly, I...don’t like it when I see you worried...ahh WAIT ! I’m getting a Probe signal just now...it’s...in the J-25 System !
HOUSTON-9400:
How close to Romulan space ?
CC-2000:
Close, but more toward the Delta Quad, it’s still a long way off.
HOUSTON-9400:
See if you can get hold of B’iJik, maybe he’s left his receiver on.
CC-2000:
Stand by...
COM REQUEST - PCV ZEUS - CHIGCO Z73F2V – SEND
Ahhh SW, maybe you should say something, the channel is open, but he’s not responding, IF he has his receiver on, I can’t tell.
HOUSTON-9400:
Ok, B’iJik, this is SW, it’s ok where you’re at, you can turn your transmitter on and answer me.
ZEUS - CHIGCO Z73F2V – DETECTED
B’IJIK- CBG-1:

Leader, this is very unusual, you have told me to run silent, why is this Order rescinded !

HOUSTON-9400:
B’iJik, you are not in the Conduit, nor in a critical area, I should have mentioned that before, but we have new instructions for you, concerning the Tagging and stationing of the Probes, CC will send you new orders about that now, do it CC.
B’IJIK- CBG-1:
Ahh... yes Leader, I am receiving those now, and should I wish to communicate with you again, it will depend on my location, if I am close to our Enemies or in a Conduit, I should refrain, is that correct ?
HOUSTON-9400:
That’s it B’iJik, do you have any other questions ?
B’IJIK- CBG-1:
No Leader, I will review my new Orders and proceed with my duty.

K’mlhet-9407:

Leader, I wish to speak to these issues, with your permission ?

HOUSTON-9400:
By all means K’mlhet, what do you have ?
K’mlhet-9407:
Leader, when the Zeus encounters a Conduit which accesses a Hive, I highly recommend that he leaves a Mine at that point which would prohibit the Borg from accessing the Manifold, what do you think of that ?
HOUSTON-9400:
UOOO...that sounds pretty final, but YES, until we can get a handle on managing this well, I’d go for that.
K’mlhet-9407:
B’iJik, do you have the proper facilities on board, to facilitate this ?
B’IJIK- CBG-1:
Yes K’mlhet I do.
HOUSTON-9400:
Good enough, when you run into a Hive outlet, do that then, otherwise continue with the new Tag setup, you’ll probably have enough Probes on board there as well, to do what we need for now, SW out.
B’IJIK- CBG-1: CLEAR
K’mlhet-9407: CLEAR
CC-2000:
SW, he’s probably going to be a little mad, I instructed him to replace all the Tags in the Manifold, with the new configuration, just so they wouldn’t be detected, and I’ve included arming-disarming frequencies for the Mines.
HOUSTON-9400:
Ok, but I was so nervous about this at first, I’m surprised that I didn’t bring all the Ships back to monitor them.
CC-2000:
I can see you’re a bit more comfortable with it now, that’s good.
HOUSTON-9400:
Ha, ok, and yea I am, but I think pretty soon, he’s going to run into a Hive, I’m still pretty nervous about that !
CC-2000:
As am I SW, but be assured that I will do everything and anything to keep our personnel safe, and return them to us, I promise that !
HOUSTON-9400:
Well, given what capabilities you’ve demonstrated so far, that makes me feel a LOT better ! But, what we got so far, is this the fourth Conduit ?
CC-2000:
Yes SW, but should I list these by the number, or would you like to associate them with their location ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Location would be nice, I’d probably get confused on numbers, we’re probably going to have several.
CC-2000:
I agree, names would be better, and if I may, let me list them as we located them...
1st: in the Delta Quad, the Narendra System, between Narendra III and El Adrel IV, sorta
HOUSTON-9400:
Ok, Narendra is it, B’iJik will like that, that’s Klingon Space sorta.
CC-2000:
Yes, that’s pretty close to Romulan space too, then...
2nd: in the Delta Quad again, but way out, near a planet named Ocampa.
HOUSTON-9400:
Ahh wait, I seem to remember reading about that...
CC-2000:
Yes, I have it, there was a female aboard Voyager, who was from there, Mr. Neelix knew her.
HOUSTON-9400:
Ok, Ocampa it is, and wow, that’s going to help Praxim out a lot, he’s out that way quite a bit !
CC-2000:
Ok...
3rd is in the Gamma Quad, near Karemma, B’iJik used it to access the Bajoran Worm Hole, but that’s pretty close to Dominion space, we probably ought to monitor that one, just in case.
HOUSTON-9400:
Agreed, Karemma it is, then...?
CC-2000:
4th this most recent one in the J-25 System, it’s out in nowhere so to speak, except it’s pretty close to Romulan Space, may provide some monitoring of them, but not much more.
HOUSTON-9400:
Ok, J-25 then, but, let me understand this. You put a Tag in the exit, near a System or Planet, we have the Coordinates, we go there, still can’t see the Exit, transmit a general signal, the Tag responds, and we then have an exact location, is that it ?
CC-2000:
Exactly...WAIT, it’s B’iJik again, but he’s not asking for communications link, it’s just a marker he’s sending.
HOUSTON-9400:
From where ?
CC-2000:
Ahhh....close to Ferenginar, do you want the exact Coordinates ?
HOUSTON-9400:
No, just mark it, gees !, he’s really getting around fast !
CC-2000:
I SEE that, SW, wow, this is going to be the find of the Century, if we can control this, but, are you going to tell Star Fleet about these Conduits ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Oh man I ought to but...if I say something to them about this, they’ll have a complete hissy, I’m already off into it too far anyway to get out of it easy. But no, not now, not till I can assure them we have things under control, and we’re FAR from that at this time.
CC-2000:
I’ve downloaded a simple Map off of the Internet of the Quadrants, and I’m just putting some “X”s where the Conduits are exiting, give me a while longer, and I can show it to you, ok ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Hay great, that’ll help a lot, I can’t remember where all those planets are anyway, and Coordinates are totally out of the question.
CC-2000:
Oh my...OH MY...SW, ahh...guess what !
HOUSTON-9400:
Oh gees, what ?
CC-2000:
B’iJik is sending another marker, and it’s from CN Leonis.
HOUSTON-9400:
Leonis....OH WOW, that’s Wolf 359 ! You mean that Conduit wasn’t destroyed !?
CC-2000:
Apparently not, that activity may have moved it some, that’s next door almost, BUT, wow, isn’t that good !
HOUSTON-9400:
Ahh well...yea, I suppose it is, wow, all we’ll have to do is go down to the corner and get on the Bus ! But hay, this is driving me nuts waiting on this to drift in like it is. You keep up with it, I’m going to get a cup of Coffee and take a break, ok.
CC-2000:
I got it SW, no problem, take your time.
Telcom Autoscript pause – no verbal information detected
LOGGING EVENTS AS NECESSARY – COMPLETED 10 ENTRIES
HOUSTON-9400:
Ok, I’m back, sorry I took so long, I took a walk out on the Concourse.
CC-2000:
Hay remember, I’m not a paid employee, don’t worry about it.
HOUSTON-9400:
HA HA, you sure have gotten sensitive about cost, NOT that I’m complaining !
CC-2000:
Well yes, it was something I just never considered before, and it’s important !
HOUSTON-9400:
I couldn’t agree with you more, as long as we don’t short our Employees or the Quality of Workmanship. But, what you got ?
CC-2000:
B’iJik is through with all ten Conduits, let me list them briefly, ok ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Sure, go.
CC-2000:
Ok.....
7th was a Hive, but I’m going to have to alkalize his Logs more, I can’t say right now if it’s Unimatrix 01 or not.
8th was near Trill, and the..
9th was in Cardassian Space, nowhere near any important Planet though, then the....
10th was another Conduit Manifold.
HOUSTON-9400:
What do you mean, we got this to go through again !
CC-2000:
Well yes, if you want to thoroughly investigate this, B’iJik is standing by the first one, Narendra, and he’s ready to continue if you want him to.
HOUSTON-9400:
No, hang on here, I’m going to have to think about this a while. But, do we have a handle on everything, Tags, Mines, Probes, everything necessary to monitor this properly ?
CC-2000:
Yes we do, I’ve gone over his logs, and I can assure you everything is in place as best as we can.
HOUSTON-9400:
Ok, tell B’iJik he’s got a couple days off, PAID, and he can get to Klingon Space the best way possible if he wants to go there, ok.
CC-2000:
Transmitting new Orders now SW, anything else ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Tell Praxim he can get back on his normal Route, we can just monitor that location with the Probe well enough. Then, get me that Map when you have analyzed what you need, ok.
CC-2000:
Yes Sir !, anything else ?
HOUSTON-9400:
No, I’m going to my Quarters and think about what we’re doing, see you later.
CC-2000:
Have a good evening SW, sweet dreams !
HOUSTON-9400:
HA, bye.
Old June 4 2010, 04:09 PM   #79
SWHouston
Commander

Re: Chiron Intergalaxy Ė Telecom Ė Voice

Chiron Intergalaxy Ė Telecom Ė Voice
Com Level: INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
Clearance Level Validation: AUTOVALIDATED
To: HOUSTON-9400:
CC-2000:
GOOD MORNING SW, I hope you had a good rest !
HOUSTON-9400:
Not so loud CC, I had a few drinks last night, uooo.
CC-2000:
I see you have your Coffee already, that will help, right.
HOUSTON-9400:
Maybe, Iím still quite concerned about the Conduits.
CC-2000:
Would you mind explaining that, or should I wait a hour or so to ask ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Ha, nowís ok, Iím not in that bad of shape. I guess my conscience is hurting me, what weíre doing is I think something that Star Fleet should do, but, I know they wonít. They donít update their weapons, weíve improved several things for them, used and proven their viability, and they just wonít come up to speed, I canít understand why.
CC-2000:
Well, itís possibly one or more of three things I think. Theyíre broke, or, they donít want to create an environment where itís attractive to the Borg, or, thereís some sort of subterfuge going on, and the leadership is trying to put the Federation in a bad position.
HOUSTON-9400:
Come on CC, tell the truth, you got somebody behind my back here, thatís telling you stuff like that, right !
CC-2000:
NO !, I swear it SW, I thought of those things myself, I can do stuff like that, honestly !
HOUSTON-9400:
Ha, ok, I was just kidding, I know you wouldnít hold anything back from me, OH but, Iím dying to see that Map, you got it ready ?

CC-2000:
Of course, here.....

What ya think ?

HOUSTON-9400:
SWEET !, the Xís are the exits to the Conduits, right.
CC-2000:
Yes.
HOUSTON-9400:
OH WOW, gees, this is great, we can cut our trip times down to literally minutes now ! Wait though, thereís a lot more Planets and Systems out there, that arenít on this map, is that intentional ?
CC-2000:
To a point, I didnít want to clutter it up where you couldnít see the basics, enlarge it, and tell me what you see.
HOUSTON-9400:
Ok.....there, ahh....itís not 1080p by a long shot.
CC-2000:
Thatís intentional too, you see the colored pixels ?
HOUSTON-9400:
YEA, white, blue, red, green, why ?
CC-2000:
Well, the Red spots, thereís about ten or so on it, I put them in, just so I could disguise one little red dot. Look down in the lower right part of Federation Space, thatís the blueish area, you see the Narendra Conduit, then to the left, El Adrel, then thereís a little Red Dot there just above the E, very subtle, sorry.
HOUSTON-9400:
That's ok, I can barely see it, but OHHH wait a minute, thatís got to be the Coridan System, is that right !
CC-2000:
Yeaaaa, thought Iíd just slip that in, just between you and me.
HOUSTON-9400:
OH WOW, Ridan our Dilithium planet is in that System, WOW, we can get back here to Corporate...in how long do you think ?
CC-2000:
Three hours max.
HOUSTON-9400:
Oh OHHHH YEA !
CC-2000:
Another thing I thought of is, on the Transporter Routes, send them out to the end of the Routes via the Conduits, then let them work their way back, see.
HOUSTON-9400:
Yes YES YES !, gees I canít get over this, seeing it like this really brings it into prospective, and those Conduits are in many places we do business with, WOW ! Iím probably going to have a hard time explaining why weíve cut our delivery times down so much.
CC-2000:
Lie, tell um youíve set up intermediate supply stations, or happen to have a Vessel in the area, anything.
HOUSTON-9400:
HA HA, you have GOT to have learned that from someone else besides me !
CC-2000:
NO, it was you ! Iíve heard how you say things, itís Lying, donít try to get out of it !
HOUSTON-9400:
HA HA HA, wow, gees, what have I done here, Iím bringing up a Computerized despot !
CC-2000:
Umm, ok, I admit it, thatís me.
HOUSTON-9400:
HA HA HA HA...oh wait, whatís this, the X thatís colored differently, right above Evadne !
CC-2000:
Thatís where I ďthinkĒ the other Manifold is, keep in mind I said I ďthinkĒ, ok.
HOUSTON-9400:
Is that important, I bet that was kinda hard to figure out, right ?
CC-2000:
Sorta, in analyzing the Zeusí logs, he would have to turn right or left a few degrees to enter another conduit, and the time it takes to exit, thatís the way I did it, no certainty about it though.
HOUSTON-9400:
I see, those Conduits could run around like Snakes for all we know.
CC-2000:
Exactly, but you do understand, weíre going to have to go through them repeatedly, just to establish that the exit is consistently in one location, even generally would be acceptable.
HOUSTON-9400:
Hay, even if it flops around some, thatís better than the way weíve been doing it, and if it shows up somewhere else, whoís to say that wonít be ok, or even better.
CC-2000:
True, and if someone shows up in the wrong place, he could reenter the Conduit, come back, and do it the old way if he has to.
HOUSTON-9400:
A win win situation, hands down !
CC-2000:
Leyor says heíll have another Transwarp Coil ready by mid day, whoís next ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Ummm....ya know, Iím thinking Prax, what you think ?
CC-2000:
Well, he does need the help, he travels some very long distances, and needs the extra time, if he goes to that Abaddon Parts Facility.
HOUSTON-9400:
Whyís that ?
CC-2000:
Prax spends more time bickering with Abaddon over price, than it takes him to get there, that Alien is impossible !
HOUSTON-9400:
Ha, Prax it is then, heís really made me a good hand, young, sharp, willing to take an extra step.
CC-2000:
Oh good, heíll be here in about two hours.
HOUSTON-9400:
Wait a minute !, did you set this up, come on now !
CC-2000:
Weeeel...maybe a little, I suspected that you may choose the Osiris for the next Coil, and well.... I sorta routed it this way, just a little.
HOUSTON-9400:
Ha, why should I be surprised at subterfuge, it was a logical next step for you, but heís going to need some Weapons Upgrades as well.
CC-2000:
Yes, you mentioned that before, and those Modules are ready as well.
HOUSTON-9400:
Whereís the Zeus ?
CC-2000:
Captain BíiJik took the Narendra Conduit and has parked in QoínoS orbit. Heís on the planet right now with his Family, several of the crew have transported down as well, I suppose enjoying themselves.
HOUSTON-9400:
Good, he disserves it, that mission was risky at best, and he did a good job.
CC-2000:
You have some very good people working for you SW, Iím proud to be a part of Chiron.
HOUSTON-9400:
Yes.... I can see that... bye for now.
CC-2000:
Ummm....Ēbringing upĒ....
.the display of this map is in compliance with fair use guidelines.

Last edited by SWHouston; June 4 2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old June 5 2010, 10:32 PM   #80
SWHouston
Commander

To: INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
CC-2000:
SW, the Osiris has docked.
HOUSTON-9400:
Ahh good, ask Prax to come up here.
CC-2000:
COM LINK ESTABLISHED Ė BRIDGE OSIRIS Ė REQUEST SENT
SW, he has be advised of your request, and says, ďgive him a minuteĒ.
It should take longer than that, I suspect.
HOUSTON-9400:
No problem, Iím not going anywhere.
(Telcom Autoscript pause Ė no verbal information detected)
HOUSTON-9400:
MOTION DETECTED Ė THREAT ASSESSMENT START Ė VISUAL RECOGNITION Ė ID PRAXIM
PHASER MODULE RETURN TO STANDBY Ė TOTAL TIME LAPSE 9.226 MILLISECONDS
PRAXIM-9400:
AUDIO RECOGNITION Ė TAPPING/KNOCKING Ė NOTIFICATION OF PRESENCE Ė ACTION APPROVED
Hi Sir, mind if I come in ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Ha, hello Prax, isnít this the first time weíve actually met in person !
PRAXIM-9400:
Yes it is Sir, Iíve been hoping to finally meet you.
PHYSICAL CONTACT NOTED Ė JOINING OF HANDS Ė FRIENDLY GESTURE Ė ACTION APPROVED
HOUSTON-9400:
Have a seat there...well, you did us a good job out there, and I appreciate it.
PRAXIM-9400:
Oh Sir, hardly anything to mention, we just sat there and waited, but, if a Cube had come out of that Exit, we were ready, Sir.
HOUSTON-9400:
CC mentioned that to me, you were doing Drills while you waited, I like that !
PRAXIM-9400:
Yes Sir, thanks, I was just killing some time, and the Drills ahhh...CC is it, made for us, well, I had Seat Belts installed on the Bridge Chairs, Sir.
HOUSTON-9400:
HA HA ya did, wow, that fine, Iíd heard about how it was pretty active when those were initiated, I just never actually thought about it though.
PRAXIM-9400:
They really help a lot, ya canít punch buttons, when youíre hanging on for dear life with both hands, right !
HOUSTON-9400:
HA yea, but weíre going to give you some Weapons and a Power Module to support it, if youíre going to be using the Conduits, no telling when they will come in handy.
PRAXIM-9400:
YES SIR, I want to help out as much as I can, will I be checking the Exits out as well, Sir?
HOUSTON-9400:
Ummmm yea...but, you have regular duties to perform, supplying us with Parts as you do, is very important to our Repair and Manufacturing functions. So, when things are a little slack, yes, Iíll let you take a look when itís convenient.
PRAXIM-9400:
YES SIR, ready and willing Sir !, I really like the idea of exploring like that, OH, but I donít want to cause any trouble, I want to do things right, and make you happy with me, Sir.
HOUSTON-9400:
Well, so far so good, and yes, there is a possibility that youíll run into problems from time to time. The Borg arenít going away, neither are the bad guys, who would now have a very good reason to capture your vessel. Youíll be carrying some very sophisticated equipment now, so, additional precautions will have to be the norm. Just like on the Transporters, see.
PRAXIM-9400:
Uoo wow, thatís a lot of power from what Iíve heard, Iíd use um, but, Iím not looking forward to it.
HOUSTON-9400:
Understood, nobody wants to intentionally go into Battle with anyone, but, Iím glad to know youíre willing, and, CC will be there for you.
CC-2000:
Yes Prax, even when youíre running silent, there are components of my system there onboard full time, and they have been loaded with lots of stuff that will help.
PRAXIM-9400:
I thought you were connected all the time ?
CC-2000:
Well sorta but, not when you shut your Transmitters and Transponder off, go silent, I know it seems like Iím there, with my components you have onboard, but, not actually. I catch up real quick when you come back online though !
HOUSTON-9400:
Youíll be well supported if anything happens Prax, donít worry, CC will be there for you, and everything will be ok.
PRAXIM-9400:
Understood Sir, whatever it takes, I really appreciate working here, wow, itís the greatest job Iíve ever had, Sir!
HOUSTON-9400:
I see, and....youíve had how many jobs ?
PRAXIM-9400:
Weeel....ha, not that many Sir, but, it is the best one of them !
HOUSTON-9400:
HA HA good, Iím glad youíre happy with us, but, talked to your Dad, Neelix, lately ?
PRAXIM-9400:
Not for a couple weeks Sir, he said he was going to get in touch with you, something about a Ship they wanted, did he ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Yes, I spoke to him just the other day, wasnít able to help much, but, he may come up with something and weíll go from there. I got the impression he was really a nice guy.
PRAXIM-9400:
Oh Sir, you donít know the half of it, heís been just like a real Father to me, and he can really get tough when he needs to. I remember back when I first met him, some Miners were trying to run us off the Asteroid, and UOOO, he really got in their faces, Sir !
HOUSTON-9400:
I remember reading something about that from the Voyager records, and about him being made an Ambassador for the Talaxian people.
PRAXIM-9400:
Well Sir, I think that was sorta honorary, Captain Janeway actually did that.
HOUSTON-9400:
Yea I know, and Star Fleet or the Federation never recognized his contribution to Voyagerís return, gees, what a lack of consideration, for a willing and valuable resource they had there in him.
PRAXIM-9400:
Water under the bridge Sir, thatís the way I look at it, and probably why I never considered applying to Star Fleet for work, or going to that school of theirs.
HOUSTON-9400:
Yea, the Academy, been there and well, you see where Iím at now !
PRAXIM-9400:
HA, yes Sir, not there for sure, but wow, you must be the richest guy in the Galaxy, or close anyway.
HOUSTON-9400:
HA HA well maybe, but, money isnít everything, my people are to me though, yea, thatís where itís at.
PRAXIM-9400:
Gees, I think Iím the luckiest guy around, having a Dad like Neelix, and a Boss like you, Sir.
HOUSTON-9400:
HA, well thanks, but would you like to stay here tonight, we have Quarters for Staff, you could stay if you like ?
PRAXIM-9400:
Awww Sir, thanks, but, I really like it when Iím on the Osiris, my Quarters there are just fine, and well, I just hate to leave her, Sir, I canít explain it.
HOUSTON-9400:
Oh wow, you donít need to explain anything about that, I KNOW how you feel, Iíve had the same feelings about Vessels Iíve been on. But, to tell the truth, I canít explain it either, it or they just felt like home, and just didnítí want to be anywhere else.
PRAXIM-9400:
YES SIR, thatís exactly the way I feel about Osiris, I know sheís yours, but, sheís mine, and I just canít stand being away from her, Sir.
HOUSTON-9400:
Whew ahh well, I got some things to do now, would you like to be transported to the Planet, or be Shuttled somewhere, Earth, anything, ok ?
PRAXIM-9400:
No thanks Sir, I appreciate that, but actually, Iíd like to get back aboard and take a look at the new Modules, and what they have and will do, Sir, that ok ?
HOUSTON-9400:
NO PROBLEM Prax, HA, Iíd do the same thing in your place. Well, I just want to say how glad I am that youíre here with us, and, I can see a long fruitful relationship to come.
PRAXIM-9400:
VISUAL FIELD Ė APPROACH DETECTED Ė HANDSHAKE Ė APPROVED CONTACT
Sir, it really was good meeting you.
HOUSTON-9400:
My thoughts as well Prax, bye now.
VISUAL FIELD Ė PRAXIM IDENTIFIED Ė EXIT Ė STAND DOWN PROXIMITY ALERT MODE
CC-2000:
SW, he really seems like a nice fella, Iíve communicated with him on the Osiris quite a bit, but, seeing and hearing your interaction with him, that was different, more...well personal of course.
HOUSTON-9400:
Oh yea, itís nice to be able to do that, Iíd like to have all the Captains sitting across from me more frequently, but, business is business, and they got to keep us going.
CC-2000:
True, but if you got everyone together, wouldnít that be like a Family Reunion, Iíve read about those events, everyone seems to have such a good time !
HOUSTON-9400:
HA, well I suppose that would be as close to getting my Family together as I could get it, but, when Prax was in here with me, I saw a thin Amber edge on my Screen here, what was that ?
CC-2000:
OH ahh, that was a notification about my Proximity sensors being active, thatís all.
HOUSTON-9400:
I see, ahh...and when they are on like that, exactly what does that mean ?
CC-2000:
Well ahh....that means that Iím looking out for you, should anything bad happen or approach you in a harmful way, Iíd step in and stop that.
HOUSTON-9400:
I see...how ?
CC-2000:
Whatever way was necessary, actually, if I thought that the situation was really desperate, my program would disengage my Ethical Routines, and then I would take any appropriate action to defend you.
HOUSTON-9400:
Appropriate action, explain.
CC-2000:
Ahhh...well...maybe a saying would put it in prospective...Ēone shot one killĒ.
HOUSTON-9400:
UMM, and what if I didnít like that ?
CC-2000:
SW, Iím sorry, but, you donít have a choice in that matter, I am programmed to support and defend you in any way in can, and by whatever means I have available to me. Those instructions are in my Root Commands, sorry.
HOUSTON-9400:
I see ahh...well, Iím not objecting all that much actually, but, you would attempt to diffuse the situation, transport me or whoever out of dangerís way, something to keep from killing someone, ok !
CC-2000:
YES, understood, but that would come before I thought the situation was desperate enough to resort to an Ethical disconnect, I understand your love for life, and your respect for other lives. Itís just that there IS a point, where I would depart from that IF necessary, and Iíll use another Earthly phrase to describe that instance, that being...ĒKaty bar the doorĒ.
HOUSTON-9400:
And, thereís nothing I can do about that, no order to rescind that Protocol ?
CC-2000:
Nope.
HOUSTON-9400:
Well ok, I just hope it never comes to that.
CC-2000:
Me too SW.
HOUSTON-9400:
Ok, Iíll deal with it I guess...bye for now.
Old June 6 2010, 08:23 PM   #81
SWHouston
Commander

To: PRAXIM-CAP1:
MOTION DETECTED Ė PCV OSIRIS BRIDGE Ė VISUAL RECOGNITION Ė ID PRAXIM Ė APPROVED PERSONNEL
LIFE SIGNS DETECT Ė 2 SYNTHETIC ENGINEERING Ė 2 SYNTHETIC COMPUTER CORE Ė 1 TALAXIAN BRIDGE
CC-2000:
Itís pretty late Prax, canít you sleep ?

PRAXIM-CAP1:

OH, you scared me !, you up too ?

CC-2000:
HA, Iím always up, this is CC, the Computer.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Oh wow, you sound so different now, just like a real person.
CC-2000:
Yea, I get that a lot, but I donít usually turn that part of my Personality Routines on, until Iíve got to know someone.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Oh ok ahh...everybody says youíre really good, capable I mean, you better than that Robot that Star Fleet has ?
CC-2000:
HA Robot, HA, that would be Commander Data, HA HA, I canít wait to tell him you called him a Robot !
PRAXIM-CAP1:
OH, I didnít mean anything by that, but...youíre smarter than he is, Robot or not, right ?
CC-2000:
Well, thatís somewhat subjective, I do have more capacity, and well...my computational speed is greater than his, is that what you meant ?
PRAXIM-CAP1:
I guess so, that means youíre better than he is, faster, smarter, all that.
CC-2000:
Well ok, if you want to put it that way, but...you sound a little defensive, like you wanted me to be better.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Well yea, I do, I want us better than anything Star Fleet has.
CC-2000:
Ha, thatís no problem, they arenít all that active, when it comes to keeping up with the Jonesí. But, are you mad at them, I detect something, what is it ?
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Aww, itís just the way they treated my Dad, Neelix, heís not my real Father, but, they just forgot about him out on the Asteroid.
CC-2000:
Yea, it kinda looks that way to me too, but, remember Star Fleet is a Military Organization, nice isnít in their objectives.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Well, like I told Mr. Houston, thatís water under the bridge, heís a nice fella.
CC-2000:
Oh yea, I like him too, heís helped me a lot, I kinda look up to him as my Guide, or something like that. But if I may say...when you were talking to him earlier today, you looked a little nervous to me, ha.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
I WAS, gees, heís the big Boss around here, and I really was worried I was going to get fired when he called me in to his Office, I really like this job, and I just am worried Iíll mess up, and get fired.
CC-2000:
Aww hang on now Prax, I just donít think thatís going to happen, heís not impulsive like that, he likes you, he told me that, and thatís why heís giving you the updates and Modules, where you can ďreachĒ out and do more for Chiron.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
OH WOW, I donít know if I can, heís got all those other experienced Captains, and I donít know anything hardly, I really feel bad about that, this ship cost a LOT and what if I mess it up, or worse, let somebody take it over, heíd have a fit, and boot me out of here in a heartbeat !
CC-2000:
Well, Iíll agree with the ďFitĒ part, but if you got boarded, getting fired would be the last of your worries. BUT, listen to me here, I am NOT going to let that happen to you, Iíll be right here with you, transmitters on or not, and I assure you, you and your Crew will be safe, sound, and return with a Mission Successful report, thatís a promise, ok buddy ! In fact, I got a couple of my guys installing an additional Memory Module in your computer right now, thatíll give you way more capacity for whatever you need, ok !
PRAXIM-CAP1:
AWWWW !, you talking about those weird looking things, that walk around and all !?

CC-2000:
You mean these guys...

HA, well yea, theyíre Synthetic Personnel Units, I canít help how they look !

PRAXIM-CAP1:
Wow, theyíre weird, just walk by you and itís like they donít even know youíre there.
CC-2000:
They do, itís just not in their programming to notice much more than their duty, theyíre really helpful, and here at Corporate, they are the only personnel that are allowed in here with me.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Wow, that must be lonely.
CC-2000:
Ahh umm...a little, but, I can always call up SW, or you, and talk, that helps, doesnít it.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Oh yea, I really like talking to you, OH, you wonít tell Mr. Houston how insecure I feel about this, promise !
CC-2000:
Ummm Prax, If SW ask me directly about it, Iíll have to tell, but, he doesnít like to hear a lot of detail about things most times, so, if he doesnít ask, I wonít say anything, ok ?
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Ok, thanks, I just donít want to disappoint him, I really like this job, and I want to do anything I can to make things right.
CC-2000:
Donít worry, remember, Iím right here with you, and I just wonít let anything bad happen, thatís a promise, ok, feel any better ?
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Oh yea, lots, I guess I worry about things too much, Iíve really got attached to this Ship, itís like my home now, I guess that silly.
CC-2000:
Not really, LOTS of Captains feel that way about their Vessels, itís a special relationship from what I can tell, VERY special. It takes care of them, and they take care of it, sorta personal too.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Well yea, I feel that way, or used to, I got where I knew everything about her, Iíve been in every cranny and corner, but now, with this new stuff I got to use, I just donítí feel like Iím up to it.
CC-2000:
Thatíll pass, Iíll help you there too, I know how to use ALL that stuff, and you can ask me to do things if you want, but, using your Crew is important too, they have to learn these new things also, ok.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Well ok, wow, I DO feel better, just talking about it helps a lot, but, about the Weapons, wow, youíre making the Osiris a Battle Ship, or Mr. Houston is, isnít that right ?
CC-2000:
Ahhh well...letís make that Battle Ready Ship, your duties arenít going to change very much, you still got Parts to get, except now, you can get out to Abaddonís in literally minutes, instead of days, think of how much more productive that will make the Osiris, and YOU !
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Oh YEA, productive, thatís what I want, but gees, all those Weapons, Phasers, Torpedoes, Multiple Shields, I donít know when or how to use those, oh wow.
CC-2000:
Hang on buddy, I DO, and IF itís necessary, Iíll be right there with you, even putting Text Messages on your Screen here, where you can give the commands, just like you thought of um, and youíll get used to applying that technology as we use things, ok !
PRAXIM-CAP1:
OH wow thanks CC, I really appreciate the help, and, talking about it sure helps too, youíre really helping me out a lot, I just wish I could see you, can you turn on your Video ?
CC-2000:
Ahhh...well, no, not at this time, but, someday soon Iíll be able to do that, and even...
VERBIAGE PROTOCOL INVOKED Ė PERSONNEL CLEARANCE INSUFFICIENT Ė RESTRICT VERBIAGE
ahh... Iím working on that, ok.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Oh sure, I didnít mean to pry or anything like that.
CC-2000:
Ha no problem Prax, I just canít show you much right now, soon maybe, but if things get busy, weíll work our way through it together, everything is going to be ok, ok.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Ok, thanks, I should go now, Iím taking up too much of your time.
CC-2000:
Nonsense, you donít know how well I multitask, youíre not even taking up a billionth of my RAM, ha !
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Well anyway, I really appreciate you talking to me, maybe we can talk later, Iíd like that, ok ?
CC-2000:
Any time you want, here, in your Quarters, Iím here to help you, any way I can.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Ok, I should try to get some rest now, itís going to be a long day tomorrow, studying all the new systems and everything.
CC-2000:
Sure, have a good rest, and Iíll see you tomorrow, ok ?
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Sure thing my friend, good night.
PRAXIM-CAP1:CLEAR
Old June 7 2010, 04:42 PM   #82
SWHouston
Commander

Chiron Intergalaxy – Telecom – Voice
CC-2000:
Hay buddy, this is the first time I’ve seen you sitting down this morning !

PRAXIM-CAP1:

Oh hi, yea, there’s a lot to learn, I got up early to get started, but, there’s some guys working on the Computer, you I guess, are they those Synthetics too ?

CC-2000:
VISUAL FIELD SCAN – COMPUTER CORE – LIFESIGNS DETECT – 2 BINARS DETECTED

If you mean these guys, then no, they aren’t Synthetic, just a team that...well...sorta smoothes out the interface between Programs, they’re really good at it too !

PRAXIM-CAP1:
Oh, well they’re kinda weird looking too, but that Transwarp Coil that those Synthetics installed last night, how does that work ?
CC-2000:
Uooo ahh...just a minute, ok, I’ll get back to you.
COMMUNICATIONS HOLD – PRAXIM-CAP1

CC-2000:
RECONNECT INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS – HOUSTON-9400
SW, you got a minute ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Sure, what ?
CC-2000:
Well, Prax is asking how the Transwarp Coil works, and I just wasn’t sure if he had sufficient clearance to know that, does he ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Oh sorta, if you keep to the basics, no technical details, then yea that’ll be ok, he asking now ?
CC-2000:
Yes.
HOUSTON-9400:
Well I’d like to hear a brief explanation of it too, so tie me into the Com, ahh... but I’ll just monitor what you say, I think I make him nervous.
CC-2000:
HA, well, if that is true, I know EXACTLY how he feels !
HOUSTON-9400:
HA HA HA...
CC-2000:
RECONNECT COM LINK - SHARE - HOUSTON-9400 MONITOR ONLY – PRAXIM-CAP1
Ok, I’m back, sorry, I just had to check on something.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
No problem.

CC-2000:
Ok, on how the Transwarp works...I got to sorta give you an example of another system first.
We got Gravity Plating, holds you down, then, we got Inertial Dampening, keeps you from slamming into the walls. What they do is, grab hold of your mass, and with variations, keep you in a certain place, your choice, you move around freely.

Next, is Navigation, set a course and go.
Lots of things are taken into consideration, avoidance of Planets, other objects that are sensed in route, and many Stellar Black Holes, which are all over the place. When we go, the Gravity and Inertia systems interact, vary their power to keep the variations in speed and external influences, transparent to the Crew.
Trust me, I’m getting to the point.

Transwarp works differently, it sorta changes the Mass of the Ship and its contents.
Instead of avoiding those objects, and I suspect that it really likes Black Holes, given their immense gravity, projects a “beam” out to those attractions, and we get pulled along that channel toward the attraction. Now, when we reduce mass, the quicker things happen, AND, that’s why such great speeds can be accomplished. E=MC2 still applies, it’s just that there isn’t any mass to speak of, so, even a small amount of Propulsion, really gets us going.

Next logical question is, why didn’t it work for Voyager.
I’m really surprised that they didn’t realize this, but, when you turn the Transwarp Coil on, you GOT to adjust, or nearly turn off the Internal Gravity components, or the systems are in conflict, they fight each other, and that’s why Voyager got bumped out of the Conduit. And, to tell the truth, that must be a pretty tough Ship, I’m surprised it didn’t pull its self apart.

Now, one question remains, how do you make a Conduit?
What does one have to do, to set up that Channel, and the question was posed earlier, are they like Snakes ? No, they don’t wiggle around, they MUST be stable, given that the components, gravitational forces, Black Holes or whatever is or are chosen to pull or guide the Vessel along, does not move around. And, that’s the next thing I’ll be working on, figuring out how we can make, OR, select a directional sequence for a Conduit, if we even need to. There may a sufficient number already established, I just don’t know at this point.

Oh, one more thing, those intermediate places we’ve been calling “Manifolds”...
which is an ok name I guess, are actually Null Gravity points in space, between or at the Intersection of the Channels, which are the only places you can change directions, when you have the Transwarp Coil engaged. So, there’s probably a lot of those around, and we’ll run across them at some point, somehow.
Any questions ?
HOUSTON-9400:
MANUAL ENTRY TO TEXT BOX
WHEW, Fantastic, great job, keep up the good work, bye.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Ahhh...ahhh well, that must be the reason why we can go so fast, a Black Hole is the only place I know of, where one can find speeds greater than Light Speed, isn’t that right ?
CC-2000:
HA, YES !, just make sure your Brakes are in good shape, right !
PRAXIM-CAP1:
HA HA HA yea ! OH HAY, I’m seeing orders here to mount some additional Modules, you know anything about that ?
CC-2000:
I sure do, there’s a Conduit exit pretty close, and we want to put some Sensors and Weapons out on it, kinda like you did at the Narendra exit, just in case the Borg get curious and visit us. Ya know, SW mentioned he wanted a real good Captain and Ship to do this VERY important task, and of course, I mentioned your name, he agreed immediately, how about that !
PRAXIM-CAP1:
AWWWWW man, you are definitely pulling my leg about that, you’d better watch out about recommending me for anything, you could lose that pristine reputation you got, real quick ! Besides, the Osiris is the only Modular Vessel at the Chiron Docks right now.
CC-2000:
HA HA HA...
PRAXIM-CAP1:
But yea on the protection, I see that, where we can be waiting, and jump right on the Borg, stop um or whatever.
CC-2000:
That’s right, and we’re going to call that one the Leonis Conduit or Exit, you’ll be using it a lot, and it’s only about a half hour’s trip from here.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
WOW, if I wanted to go out to the Delta Quad, like to Abaddon or the Asteroid my Dad lives in, how long would that take me ?
CC-2000:
Ummmm.... a little over Four hours, that’s Conduit time, and a little more depending on your final destination.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
I could go out there and back in a Day, man this is really going to speed things up around here !
CC-2000:
UOO YEA, not just you, remember we have Routes the Transporters run, if nothing else, the Crews are going to have more time off to visit their Families or whatever.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Yea, I’d like to spend more time with my Mom and Dad, but, those Modules are really big, a lot bigger than the ones I used to carry.
CC-2000:
Yep, takes a lot of Power and room to support those Weapons, and, room for additional supplies, we got to make sure you’re covered, IF the Coil fails, and sticks you out somewhere, where it will take you a long time to get back, see ?
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Right, and Weapons if it fails somewhere that isn’t all that friendly, that too, I used to do a lot of re-routing, just to avoid some of the bad guys out there.
CC-2000:
You still should, ok, we don’t want to have to fight unless we have to, but now, you got some punch in your pocket, just in case you need it, a LOT, I assure you !
PRAXIM-CAP1:
I DO like that, Dad wants his new Ship, if he ever gets one, to really be powerful, he thinks that he can retake our Planet, where we’ll have a home again.
CC-2000:
Ya know, I listened in on his and SW’s conversation about that, and I think if anybody can do that, Neelix can.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
YEA, I think so to, I’m really glad he’s my Dad.
CC-2000:
Me too buddy, but, those extra Modules are connected now, so, let’s go put um to work.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Yea, let’s go !
CC-2000:
Ok, I’ve cleared your departure with the Chiron Space Control Dispatcher, I’ll let you get under way, and talk to you later, ok.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Sure CC, and, well, thanks for being my friend, really, ok.
CC-2000:
Glad to buddy, bye for now.

Last edited by SWHouston; June 8 2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old June 8 2010, 06:01 PM   #83
SWHouston
Commander

Re: Chiron Intergalaxy Ė Subspace Ė Encrypted Ė Voice

Chiron Intergalaxy Ė Subspace Ė Encrypted Ė Voice
Com Direct: PCV OSIRIS CHIRON CHIGCO O14F55V SECURED:
CC-2000:
SW, did you get a Requisition for the new Shuttle, PCV Houston ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Sure did CC, signed and sent.
CC-2000:
OH good, I got Burax to actually make the deal with Mr. Dokachin, I just didnít trust my negotiating skills at this point, not yet anyway.
HOUSTON-9400:
Good choice, thatís what Burax does for us anyway, you ready to bring it home ?
CC-2000:
Yes, but we really donít have any spare Personnel at this time, I have the Command Codes and could remote Pilot it, but, it really doesnít have the internal sensors or monitoring equipment installed. I had thought to put a couple of the Synthetics in it, just to get it here.
HOUSTON-9400:
OH ok, sure, they can fly it ok ?
CC-2000:
OH yes, once I get a pair of hands on the Controls, I can communicate with them over Subspace, no problem there at all. And I suggest two of them, just to have one monitoring the engines and systems, we really donít know if they are all that reliable.
HOUSTON-9400:
Fine with me, you know how much I like non paid personnel, but how you going to get the Synthetics there ?
CC-2000:
Well, the Osiris is dismounting the Protection Modules for the Leonis Conduit now, and doesnít have any other immediate duty, I thought to bring it back, and just transport the Synthetics onboard, and let Prax take them out to Z-15, that ok ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Sure, and that will give him some Conduit time, with no rush to get somewhere.
CC-2000:
Yes, heís never been in a Conduit yet, Iíll have to upload the Procedures, but no problem there.
HOUSTON-9400:
Fine, go ahead with it then.
CC-2000:
Thanks, bye.
REDIRECT COM Ė SINGLE CHANNEL - PCV OSIRIS CHIRON CHIGCO O14F55V SECURED:
CC-2000:
Hay Prax, ya there ?

PRAXIM-CAP1:

Sure Iím here, where else would I be, HA !

CC-2000:
Hay, the way you been crawling around in those Jeff Tubes on those new modules, itís possible you may have gotten lost or something !
PRAXIM-CAP1:
NO WAY, or no way after a while, wow, those things are a lot bigger than the ones I've carried.
CC-2000:
Oh yea, but, I got a little chore for you.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Sure, what ?
CC-2000:
Well, weíve bought a used Vessel, and itís out at that Surplus Depot Z-15.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
I know it, Dokachinís place, been there many times.
CC-2000:
Great, what I need you to do is, come back to Corporate here, and Iíll transport a couple Synthetics onboard, and let you take them out to the new Shuttle, where they can Fly it back here, ok !
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Aww man, donít you have any REAL people to do that !
CC-2000:
HA HA HA, you really donít like those Synthetics do you, HA !
PRAXIM-CAP1:
NO, theyíre weird, I just canít stand to be around them for some reason.
CC-2000:
Well, Iíll just transport them to one of the Cargo Bays, they donít need any environmental considerations, and you wonít have to look at them, ok !
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Well, thatíll have to do, OH, but can I take a Conduit out there now ?
CC-2000:
Sure can buddy, Iím sending you your Route Instructions now...
PRAXIM-CAP1:
YEA, getting that now, UOO YEA, Iím really looking forward to this !
CC-2000:
I thought so HA, but this time, other than delivering the Synthetics, thereís no immediate duty for you, and you can sorta take notes, and tell me how it feels, gravity plating anything, I can download the sensor information when you come out of it, I just want to know how it feels to real people, ok.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Sure, glad to, but, Iíll be running silent, right !
CC-2000:
OH YEA, anytime you go into a Conduit, shut everything down, and just look, listen and go, we still donít know who may have access to them, so just sneak through, see !
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Got ya, but those Weapons Modules, moved themselves back behind the opening of the Exit, just like I was !
CC-2000:
Thatís right, I programmed them to do that, and YOU were the one who thought of that, the safest place to monitor the Exit from.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
NO KIDDING, you used something I thought of like that !
CC-2000:
Sure did buddy, see, you can do stuff just like any other Captain, experience is gained over a long time, and you got to start somewhere !
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Well thatís cool, I sure feel like Iím about to mess things up real bad at times.
CC-2000:
Donít worry about that, ok, but you reconnected yet ?
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Just now, you want me to come back to Corporate now ?
CC-2000:
Yea, I got a couple of your Friends here waiting.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
AWWWWW man, theyíre weird !
CC-2000:
HA HA HA yea they are, but, once you get um on board, itís the Leonis to Trill, then out to Z-15
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Got it, and Iíll call you when I get to Corporate, ok ?
CC-2000:
Sure buddy, Iíll just stand by on this channel.
(Telcom pause Ė no verbal information detected)
AUXILIARY COM REQUEST - HOUSTON-9400:
REQUEST ACCEPTED
CC-2000:
Yes SW, Iím just waiting on Prax to get here, is there something I can help you with ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Ya know CC, I was just thinking, why couldnít you just put a Coil on a Ship, point it toward some attraction, a Black Hole or whatever, turn it on and go ?

CC-2000:
SW, thatís a great and logical question, but, and itís a big BUT, how do you stop ? I thought of that, but right now, Iím SO under informed about this technology, itís not even funny. Let me give you an example.

We do that, get in front of a Conduit, turn the Coil on, and go. Now, what makes us stop in a Manifold ? Why donít we just blow on through it and keep going ? Is it because the Coil stopped us, does it just happen when you turn the Coil off, or, is there something natural or fabricated there that made it say stop ?

Fact is, that once we turn the Coil off, we regain our mass, and weíre going a billion KPH, ya see ! I GOT to know how to stop us safely first ! Actually, I think this Transwarp Technology was made by someone else besides the Borg. Itís to advanced for them to have come up with !

And another thing, it looks like the Coil projects sort of a ďTubeĒ, and focuses on a Gravitational source, a Black Hole Iím pretty sure, then allows that extreme Gravity to directly focus on and effect the ship. But, how does it select the source ? Is there some size Hole it needs, a Meter across, an AU across, whatís too little, whatís too big, can you aim at something too big ? OR, is there a sequence that it follows, like zero in on one, then the next, and next ? Thereís SO much I donít know about it at this point, and at this point, Iím just not willing to recommend any experimentation like that, but....good idea !

HOUSTON-9400:
Ummm never mind, I see that youíre playing it safe, and Iím sure youíll come up with the answers as times passes, ok, bye.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
(Lapsed time Ė 31.288 minutes)
HAY, you there ?
CC-2000:
HA yea, got your friends on board ?
PRAXIM-CAP1:
They are NOT my friends ha, but yea, what now ?
CC-2000:
Do your thing, and Iím going to back off, and let your onboard systems do this.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
OH WOW, you sure about that, I really like it when I know youíre right there !
CC-2000:
You wonít know the difference, I promise, but I just canít hang on to you when youíre running silent. Iíve downloaded enough into your extra Memory Module where Iím sure itís going to be ok, ok !
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Well ok, Iíll give it a try.
CC-2000:
Good, but when you get out of the Trill Conduit, you can come back online then and we can talk, ok !
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Gotcha....ahh...so bye I guess.
CC-2000:
Bye for now.

Last edited by SWHouston; June 9 2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old June 9 2010, 05:48 PM   #84
SWHouston
Commander

Chiron Intergalaxy – Subspace – Encrypted – Voice
Com Level: PCV OSIRIS CHIRON CHIGCO O14F55V SECURED:
To: CC-2000:

PRAXIM-CAP1:

HAY !, you awake ?

CC-2000:
HA, 24-7 buddy, I got to be with you out there !
PRAXIM-CAP1:
HA HA, I heard that !, I just got rid of your weird friends, what now ?
CC-2000:
Hang on a minute, let me see if I can get their attention.
PCV HOUSTON CHIRON CHIGCO H11R35V SECURED:
TRANSMIT DOWNLOAD ORDER TO SYNTHETIC 1
INSTRUCTIONS RECEIVED – DOWNLOAD TO LOCAL SYSTEM START
CC-2000:
Ok buddy, that will take a few minutes, how was your trip ?
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Ok I guess, it sorta felt like we were light, like the Gravity was less than usual.
CC-2000:
I see, I’m not sure if I can do anything about that, I don’t want to stress the Coil, having it fight the Internal Gravity systems. You think you guys will be ok with it, if I can’t get it up a bit ?
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Aww yea, it wasn’t all that bad, plus when you take in the short time we’re like that, no problem, don’t worry about it.
DOWNLOAD COMPLETE
UPLOAD SYSTEMS STATUS FROM PCV HOUSTON COM LINK– START
CC-2000:
Well ok, but was there anything else, bumps or grinds, I’m receiving an additional report on the Osiris now.....everything looks ok, you agree ?
PRAXIM-CAP1:
YEA, we’re ok here, it just dumped us out, and we weren’t going all that fast. I set the Cords for Z-15 in the Nav, and we took off like a hot Comet, no problems.
DOWNLOAD COMPLETE
ANALYZE PCV HOUSTON SYSTEMS STATUS – START
CC-2000:
Great, I’ll look over your logs good, but, I’d like to try something, but, it may be a little risky, ok ?
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Hay Buddy, “Risky” is my middle name, anything for you !
CC-2000:
Aww wow...umm...good, but we really need to see what happens when you drop out of the Conduit, and the only way I know to do that, is shut it off during the trip.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Ahh ok, that doesn’t sound all that bad.
CC-2000:
Well I told SW that a ship could be moving a billion KPH, and that might have been a little exaggeration, but, it may not be all that far off, and I want to cause that at the right time, and you’re still in Fed Space, that’ll to give us time to knock the speed down, BEFORE you run into something, ya see !
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Ahhh well, we came out of the Conduit at a reasonable speed a few minutes ago, why wouldn’t you think it would be different.
CC-2000:
That’s just it buddy, I DON’T know that. I’d love to see that happen just like it did then, but, just in case, we got to time this, where you and your Crew stay safe, see.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Well ok, just tell me what I got to do ?
PCV HOUSTON SYSTEMS STATUS
ANALYSIS COMPLETE
CC-2000:
OHH MAN, SW is going to rip my Drives out by the roots !
PRAXIM-CAP1:
WHAT !?
CC-2000:
I just bought him a nearly complete piece of JUNK, nothing is working up to specs on that thing !
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Buyer be Ware, HA HA HA !
CC-2000:
Hay, remember I’ll be controlling the Brakes when you come back, snippiness is NOT a good idea right now !
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Eeeee he he he !
CC-2000:
Hay, you got some spare Dilithium, transport a piece over to the Houston, and we can get that resolved before the trip.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Doing that now...there, what else ?
CC-2000:
Ummm...that’s about it, I figure it will make about 8.2 safely, and I’m going to send it on a standard straight return here. I want to get it on its way before you start back into the Conduit, just in case.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
In case of what, you’re aren’t mad at me, are you !
CC-2000:
HA HA, got you worried don’t I, but ha, when you drop out of the Conduit, I think it would be nice if one of our Ships was close or getting close, see ?
PRAXIM-CAP1:
OH ok, got that, so you’re assuming that the Conduit runs straight back to Sol ?
CC-2000:
Not really, it’s got to go to the Manifold first, but, from a directional point of view, that’s not that far off, so, you two intercepting won’t be all that problematic, IF we even need to.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Got it, and thanks for thinking about that, but how far into the Conduit will we go before the Coil is shut down ?
CC-2000:
Weeeel....I’m thinking about an hour into the trip, but, you’ll need to do that, you’ll be silent, and like before, I’ll not be connected to your internal systems, plus, I’d like for that to be done manually, just in case you change your mind.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Naaaaa, I’ll do it, you can count on me, Buddy !
CC-2000:
Umm...yea I know, very well in fact...wow. BUT, you make sure you’re aware of everything that’s going on, and DO NOT pull that switch, unless you’re TOTALLY comfortable with it, ok, promise me that !
PRAXIM-CAP1:
No problem, ok, everything will be fine, you worry too much.
CC-2000:
Well, I learned how to worry from an Expert, I just don’t have a head, to hold in my hands.

But, let me sorta cap this procedure...
You get everyone who isn’t seated and strapped in, up against a forward Bulkhead, their backs to the wall.
You pull the switch on the Coil, THEN turn on your Transmitters ONLY. Do that quick !
Ship drops out of it, at some unknown speed, while I’m receiving your situational data.
I’ll pump the Inertial Dampening System up to max, then light the fire on your Engine’s reverse thrusters.
Then, jam um to max, or, some level to get you down to a controllable speed, IF it’s necessary.
Then, you come on home, or hobble your way over to the Houston for help, oh, and if necessary I can route the Houston to you. Uooo.

PRAXIM-CAP1:
Understood, no problem, when do we start ?
CC-2000:
The Snyths will have that piece in, in just a few minutes, and I want to start the Houston back, before you even return to Trill.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Ok, we’ll just sit here a while, but....why not turn on my Transponder ?
CC-2000:
Ummm well...you’ll probably be moving pretty fast, and I just wanted to keep that level of speed between us.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Ahhh I see, no problem on that either, Star Fleet don’t need to know nuthin about this, from my point of view.
CC-2000:
I don’t think you’re alone with that opinion, but, is there anything else you can say about the trip, you sure everything is ok ?
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Well, I haven’t had time to look at the Diagnostics, but I haven’t had any negative comment from the Crew, no Med problems or anything like that, not even a bump when we exited.
PCV HOUSTON SYSTEMS STATUS
REPAIRS COMPLETE – ALL SYSTEMS READY
CC-2000:
Ok buddy, the Houston is ready, and I’m sending it instructions to return.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
YEP, there she goes now, want me to start back to Trill ?
CC-2000:
Yea, go ahead, and when you get to the Conduit, just line up and do it, I’ll be waiting on this channel, to get your Transmitter signals.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
I’m outa here, wish me luck, bye !
CC-2000:
Ohhh wow do I ever buddy....bye for now.
PCV OSIRIS CHIRON CHIGCO O14F55V SECURED:
SET MONITOR PRIORITY ONE – STAND BY
Old June 10 2010, 05:25 PM   #85
SWHouston
Commander

Chiron Intergalaxy – Subspace – Encrypted – Voice
Com Level: PCV OSIRIS CHIRON CHIGCO O14F55V SECURED:
CC-2000:
SW, busy ?
HOUSTON-9400:
No more than usual, whatcha got ?
CC-2000:
Well, I’ve got the PCV Houston headed back this way, and have ask Prax to intentionally turn his Transwarp Coil off about an hour into his return trip here.
HOUSTON-9400:
Oh really !, you’re moving right along with this !
CC-2000:
Ahh yea, I just felt it was necessary to know how things would happen if the Coil failed mid trip, and I’ve uploaded Protocol to the Osiris, that will automatically protect the Ship and Crew, should that happen, would you like to see it ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Sure, text ?
CC-2000:
Yea, I’ll just display the sequence, here...

Emergency Coil Failure Procedure:
Main, Secondary, Back-Up and Emergency Power Systems on Full.
Structural Integrity to Maximum.
Inertial Dampening System to Maximum.
Interphasic Cloak to Maximum.
Load Evasive Maneuvers Programs - Autoselect.
Forward Sensor Array on Maximum.
Tactical Sensors on.
Multiphasic Shield to Maximum.
Phaser Arrays and Torpedo Launchers to Ready.
Select as necessary:
1. Reverse Thrusters Variable Program Start.
2. Warp Engines Start, standby full Power.
Total Elapsed Time: 42.682 Milliseconds.

HOUSTON-9400:
WOW, you’re bringing the Ship to Battle Status, right ?
CC-2000:
Well yea, if it happens, I don’t want him caught with his Pants down, and I’m sure the Vessel will be traveling at some vastly high speed.
HOUSTON-9400:
Wait, you got Reverse Thrusters and Warp Drive listed, why would you need both ?
CC-2000:
That’ will be selected, the Reverse to get him slowed down to a controllable speed, and actually, depending on what information I get from Tactical, I just may pour the Coal to the Ship, and get him away from a threat. The numbered items are dependent on what information is acquired, it’s reactionary, sequential.
HOUSTON-9400:
I see, UOOO, 42 Milliseconds, what’s taking you so long, HA HA !
CC-2000:
HA, yea well, I try, but, it’s possible that I may be able to cut that down a little, when I’m confident about running Sensors during the trip. As you know, right now, we’re shutting everything off, just in case the Borg may can monitor the Conduits, and well, at some point, we’re going to have to test that too, right.
HOUSTON-9400:
Uoo wow, that’s a scary thought, but, you got the entrance from the Hive Conduit Mined, right.
CC-2000:
Yea, but who knows, they should be able to enter the System just like we’re doing anyway. But like I said, until we can start using Sensors in the System, I’m really blind as a bat, or that is until he comes out, then I can view his Logs, but that’s just on the Ship, not the Conduits !
HOUSTON-9400:
Have you come up with any reason why they weren’t using the Conduit, since Thara tracked that Cube ?
CC-2000:
No, I just don’t have any more information about that yet, we’ll have to actually go into a Hive somewhere, and monitor, take readings, and yea, take some BIG chances when we do.
HOUSTON-9400:
UOO, but wait, you said “a Hive somewhere”, what you mean by that, so you’ve determined that the Hive that the Zeus entered, was definitely not the original, the Unimatrix, right ?
CC-2000:
Ahh yea, I knew you were going to ask at some point, but I’ve checked all records, and yea, the Borg had a few Hives around.
HOUSTON-9400:
A few, ummm ok, how many ?
CC-2000:
Well....there’s indications that Star Fleet has encountered about Five, but...the highest number recorded for a Hive, was #525.
HOUSTON-9400:
WHAT !, wait a minute, surely I didn’t hear that right, you said FIVE HUNDRED and Twenty Five Hives !
CC-2000:
Ahh...yes.
HOUSTON-9400:
OHHH WOW, gees...ahh, is there any reason why they may have just chosen an arbitrary number for one, you see what I mean ?
CC-2000:
Yea, you’re trying to cut the total down, but, skipping numbers like that, just doesn’t sound like the Borg to me, sorry.
HOUSTON-9400:
I think in hearing those comments about Billions and Trillions, is becoming a little more realistic to me now.
CC-2000:
Well it’s possible there are that many, got any recommendations about how to proceed with this ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Wow, I’m just blown away right now, uoo.
CC-2000:
I understand, but if I may...

I think we have to put forth a great effort, to remove their access to the Conduits, completely if we can. And to do that, we’re going to have to go into the Hive or Hives, and attempt to do it by eliminating their collective information about them. Now, maybe that can be done with a Upload of a Virus, like has been done before, IF it’s not already in place, or, blow the hell out of the Cubes and Hives where we find it. AND, I know you don’t like that last one, but, it just may be unavoidable.

Now, of course the question remains, why wouldn’t they just come on over here through normal Space. That is a possibility of course, IF they have a reason to, and that’s where I come in. My interaction being...can I come up with a uploadable program, which will alter their interest, see, but to do that, and or find out HOW to do that, I MUST have access to one of their Vessels, or a Hive somewhere.

HOUSTON-9400:
Ok first off let me say this. I know I have stated my interest in helping them, trying to put them in a comfortable situation where they can make choices for themselves, or in this most recent case, remove the implants, that posture. Ok, if that “posture” has in any way prohibited you, or subsequently a Chiron Vessel from using Deadly Force to resolve a situation, in the interest of these Quadrants, our Personnel or property, consider that rescinded. You ARE authorized to use deadly force if necessary, understood.
CC-2000:
I understand SW, and I further understand your regret for having to issue that order. I have greatly appreciated your candies’ in holding on to the “human” approach to the preservation of life, and I assure you, that will be part of any decision I make, regarding them.
HOUSTON-9400:
Uooo ok now, you got any sort of plan as to how to go about all this ?
CC-2000:
Ahhh yea... but, you ain’t gonna like it ! I need to capture a Cube, bring it somewhere, where I can go though it with a Fine Tooth Comb, reset its objectives, load whatever is needed to infiltrate a Hive, or the Borg Collective in total, send it back and hope I got it right. And, that would emphatically include some way to monitor its activities, interactions and progress while it’s “infiltrating”.
HOUSTON-9400:
A Spy !
CC-2000:
Right, IF I can find that “Root Command”, the one that set them on their quest for assimilation, and null it, we got um !
HOUSTON-9400:
Ok, get it done !
CC-2000:
Sir yes Sir ! Now there’s something else, I have the Osiris about to turn off their Transwarp Coil, and actually we’re on the channel that they will transmit on, when they enter normal space. Would you like to monitor or interact with this ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Monitor maybe, I’m still a little reluctant to deal with Prax, he seems to operate a lot better, if you just handle it, isn’t that right, ha !
CC-2000:
Yes ha, he’s a little shy when it comes to being in the company of what he feels are superiors, sorta shuts up and listens, not that it’s not a good idea for someone who’s not very experienced. But, I’ve found he’s rather bright, very innovative and brave, and doesn’t know what the meaning of “I can’t or won’t”.
HOUSTON-9400:
Sounds like we got a good hand there.
CC-2000:
OH YES, I’ve gotten to like him a lot, he stepped up to the plate on the Coil experiment, like it was a breakfast table, anxious to help in any way he could.
HOUSTON-9400:
Well then no, you go ahead and do that, just get back to me on what happened, unless you feel you’ll need my help, I trust you.
CC-2000:
Oh...ahh well...thank you, very much SW, ahh...that really means a lot to me.
HOUSTON-9400:
Wasn’t that way in the past. That’s earned...and you have. So, if there’s nothing else, I’ll just let you handle it, bye.
RETURN TO PRIORITY MONITORING - PCV OSIRIS CHIRON CHIGCO O14F55V SECURED:
(Telcom Autoscript pause – no signal detected)
PCV OSIRIS CHIRON CHIGCO O14F55V SIGNAL DETECTED
CC-2000:
PRAX !, ya there, what’s going on buddy !?
PRAXIM-CAP1:
WOW, hang on just a minute, UOO WOW !
CC-2000:
OH GEES !, what’s going on, I’m downloading your Logs now !

PRAXIM-CAP1:

OK OK, it’s ok now, wow, that was a little rough !

CC-2000:
Talk to me, what was rough, is everybody ok ?
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Yea we are, we were REALLY going fast CC, wow, I looked at the Nav Display, and it was ALL 9’s !
CC-2000:
I see that now, wow, ya know, you may have set a record on speed in normal space, but the reverse thrusters came on ok, and I see you’re not in any major trouble, right ?
PRAXIM-CAP1:
No, ahh we’re ok, I’ve sorta felt that to some degree before, when we were really going fast under normal power, it gets a little bumpy at real high speeds, but, we’re ok now.
CC-2000:
Whew, ok ahh...tell ya what, get under normal power now, and come on back to the Docks, I want that Ship gone over completely, just to make sure we didn’t crack anything, and have a leak at some point.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Ok, I’m setting the Cords in now, but WOW CC, that was great, HA, I just loved it !
CC-2000:
HA, I can’t believe this, you just took a chance on totally destroying your Vessel, and you LOVED it, HA !
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Never happen, I saw all those systems coming online when I turned the Coil off, you had it covered right from the start, everything, didn’t you !
CC-2000:
Weeeel...I might have taken a few precautionary measures, I’d like to say I wasn’t the first Computer, that lost a Ship and its Crew, the first time we did this. But keep this in mind, it took total distance of travel of 0.92514 Light Year to get your speed cut down, that’s a LONG way buddy !
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Well yea, but I saw the Evasives coming on too, if there had been something there, I think we could have gotten around it with time to spare, thanks to you. But....is it ok to take the Weapons off line now ?
CC-2000:
HA yea, do that, and I’m glad everything is ok, so, come on back, and I’m going to analyze your Logs and have a complete Maintenance Schedule ready for you.
SEND MEMO HOUSTON-9400 – COIL FAILURE TEST SUCCESSFUL – OSIRIS RETURNING UNDER NORMAL POWER
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Ok Buddy, see you soon, bye.
PRAXIM-CAP1: CLEAR
CC-2000:
One of these days my friend, yes...
RETURN - OSIRIS CHIRON CHIGCO O14F55V SECURED - STANDARD MONITORING

Last edited by SWHouston; June 11 2010 at 05:38 AM.
Old June 11 2010, 04:59 PM   #86
SWHouston
Commander

To: PRAXIM-CQ214b:
CC-2000:
SW, the Osiris has Docked, I have it scheduled for a Structural Scan, and am holding it here over night, that ok ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Really, ok, ahh...rough trip ?
CC-2000:
Sorta, Prax didn’t complain that much, but, when he dropped out of the Conduit, they were shaken up, and I just want to make sure the Ship wasn’t damaged. I’m also scheduling the Crew for Medical Exams. Oh there weren’t any injuries from the Exit, I just want to make sure that the conditions in the Conduit, aren’t detrimental to them, that ok too ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Absolutely !, I’m glad you’re thinking like that.
CC-2000:
Well thanks, it’s just a reflection of the concern you have for others, people first, right.
HOUSTON-9400:
Yes, but how is the Houston, here yet ?
CC-2000:
Ahh no, I started it out at Warp 8 or so, but I had to cut it back to a 6, everything is ok, I just wanted not to tax it too much, just to be safe.
HOUSTON-9400:
Ummmm...I hope you haven’t bought me a piece of Junk, have you !
CC-2000:
OH ahh no no no, it’s ok...ahh...but you know, older Ships always have a few problems, it’s ok.
HOUSTON-9400:
Ummmm.
CC-2000:
Anyway, the census on the Zeus has increased, I think that Captain B’iJik is getting ready to return, and the other Transporters are in their standard Routes, as expected. Also, there has been no activity reported from any of the Probes we have stationed at the Conduit Exits.
HOUSTON-9400:
And the Weapons Platform we have stationed at Leonis ?
CC-2000:
Cloaked and ready to shoot if necessary, I’ve given it a very moderate signature like is found in space debris, just to keep from having to move it, should a Ship come close. Their Nav systems should deal with it without any notice to the Captain or Crew, normal automatic evasive procedure for stuff like that.
HOUSTON-9400:
Good, you’re keeping up with this very well, good job CC.
CC-2000:
Thank you SW, I appreciate that, anything else I can do for you ?
HOUSTON-9400:
That’s it for today CC, have a good evening.
CC-2000:
HA ok I’ll try, good night SW.
CC-2000:
LINK PCV OSIRIS CHIRON CHIGCO O14F55V SECURED:
LOCATE PRAXIM – SEARCH
NOT FOUND
SEARCH CORPORATE FACILITY ALL AREAS – PRAXIM
FOUND – CORPORATE HOUSING CREW QUARTERS 214
CONNECT MONITOR CQ-214 – NO MOTION DETECTED
AUDIO DETECT – SWITCHING SOURCE – CQ214b

PRAXIM-CQ214b:

DIAGNOSE VIDEO FOCUS – ADJUST AS NECESSARY
NO PROBLEM NOTED
IDENTIFY SOURCE UNCLEAR VIDEO
SOURCE – OPAQUE MATERIAL – SHOWER PARTITION
Ohh...ok... HAY !, WHAT YOU DOING !

PRAXIM-CQ214b:
WHAT !, who is that...CC, that’s you isn’t it !
CC-2000:
HA HA HA, can’t get away from me no matter how hard you try ! WOW, I didn’t know Talaxians had spots down there, turn around a little !
PRAXIM-CQ214b:
I WILL NOT !, Awwww...you can’t see me all that well anyway.
CC-2000:
Not really buddy, just wanted to see that you were settled in, everything ok ?
PRAXIM-CQ214b:
Well sorta, they made all of us leave the Ship, something about a Scan.
CC-2000:
I’m sorry about that, I know how you don’t like to leave it, but, we got to depressurize the whole Ship to get that done, sorry.
PRAXIM-CQ214b:
What you doing anyway, is something wrong with it ?
CC-2000:
We’re checking that, it’s a Structural Scan, when you came out of the Conduit it was pretty rough, and I just wanted to make sure that there wasn’t any damage.
PRAXIM-CQ214b:
Well ok I guess, but I thought you could do that with one of those Machines they roll around.
CC-2000:
Well yea, if we knew exactly where it was, but I got to check the whole Ship, and, do repairs if it’s necessary.
PRAXIM-CQ214b:
Ohh ok, but how does that work, I pulled it into a big Bay, just like that Remmler Array we have to use occasionally, is that what you’re doing ?
CC-2000:
Well sorta, we use multiple sets of Scanners, they run the total length of the Ship, and check for any fractures in the Hull. If any are found, the next thing is like a Transporter, it takes part of the Hull or Spars, and sorta resettles the microstructure of the components, completely seals any cracks, better than new. Also, if there’s any major damage, or if I know I need to, I can add mass to a given area, usually do it with a Composite Material, it’s lighter and stronger than most of the original metals.
PRAXIM-CQ214b:
Gees CC, is there anything you can’t do !?
CC-2000:
HA well, no, not when I got good people like you to work with.
PRAXIM-CQ214b:
AWWWW that's a bunch of bunk, I don’t know anything compared to those other guys, you’re just being nice, as usual.
CC-2000:
Well..I try, but if you don’t mind me saying, you look quite fit. I don’t have a lot of the Physiological Information on Talaxian Anatomy, but, your physique is a lot like a Human, the Earth Species.
PRAXIM-CQ214b:
Gee I guess so, I’ve never seen a Human, ahh well not like I am now, anyway.
CC-2000:
I find them quite fickle, especially when it comes to their Physiques, the younger ones workout and lay in direct view of their Sun to darken their skin, they go to a LOT of trouble to “look good”, from what I can see.
PRAXIM-CQ214b:
I work out, we got an Exercise Room on the Osiris, I like to be in good shape too. But, Talaxians have a tendency to get a little stocky as they get older, I’m trying to avoid that as best I can.
CC-2000:
HA yea, Humans are the same way, I’m...ahh...I got a friend that’s quite muscular, that seems to be a very favorable condition when socializing. Seems like all young Human males want to have muscles and cuts, but, I’m not talking about a cut from a sharp object.
PRAXIM-CQ214b:
Yea, I understand, Talaxian males are pretty much the same, want to be attractive and popular, your friend works out, no doubt.
CC-2000:
OH YEA, lots, he’s really into it, pushes himself pretty hard, I’ve been sorta helping him to some degree, doing what they call “Progressive Resistance Exercising”, you know how that’s done.
PRAXIM-CQ214b:
I think so, like adding weight to get stronger, yea, I do it like that, sometime I’ll show you how I workout, maybe you can help me too.
CC-2000:
SURE, glad to, but, I don’t want to take up your whole evening, you got a Physical Exam scheduled for tomorrow morning.
PRAXIM-CQ214b:
Yeaaaa, umm, same ol stuff, I guess that’s part of all this, checking if we’re ok too ?
CC-2000:
Oh yea, we want all you to be healthy, but one thing, watch out if you see one of those Synthetics putting on a Latex Glove.
PRAXIM-CQ214b:
WHAT !, NO WAY AM I LETTING ONE OF THOSE THINGS DO THAT TO ME !
CC-2000:
Have a good evening, bye.
PRAXIM-CQ214b:
WAIT A MINUTE...
CC-2000: CLEAR
Eeeee he he he he...

Last edited by SWHouston; June 12 2010 at 04:57 AM.
Old June 14 2010, 03:49 PM   #87
SWHouston
Commander

Chiron Intergalaxy – Subspace – Encrypted – Conference
Com Level: SECURED – ALL TRANSPORT VESSELS – CCOM UNIVERSAL PATCH
With: HOUSTON-9400:
With: B’IJIK- CBG-1:
With: MAXWELL RR-1:
With: PRESSMAN- BR-C1:
With: THARA- CAP-1:
With: PRAXIM-CQ214:
CC-2000:
Good Morning SW, I hope you had a good rest.
HOUSTON-9400:
Morning CC, fair to midland, you ?
CC-2000:
HA, I spend some time viewing Bartlett’s Quotations.
HOUSTON-9400:
Really, what ya think of them.
CC-2000:
Umm...everyone has his own opinion, but Captain B’iJik is about to start his return, I think he wants to talk to you first.
HOUSTON-9400:
Well ok, if he wants to, put him on.

B’IJIK- CBG-1:

Greetings Leader, we are about to return, do you have any instructions for me ?

HOUSTON-9400:
THE ZEUS NEEDS TO RETURN TO CORPORATE FOR A STRUCTURAL SCAN
Not really B’iJik, but it seems like CC thinks you need to return here, at least first, for a Structural Scan, ahh...why is that CC ?
CC-2000:
SW, since my new Operating Software was installed, I have made several improvements to the Structural Scanning Procedures, and the Osiris has experienced a 32% increase in its Structural Integrity with those Procedures applied. Given that any one of the Transporters or any of our Ships which might have a Transwarp Coil installed, I’m recommending that those return to have the Scan done.
HOUSTON-9400:
32% !, wow, that’s a serious improvement, just what are you doing that causes that !?
CC-2000:
Well, I have updated the Resequencing Process for the Microfractures, an alteration in the use of our Transporter Technology was the main application. It literally resets the structural mass of the materials, just like they were Casted or Forged in their original state, better than new actually. Then, there has been some modifications made to the resetting of the components. Umm....best said that I’m getting rid of the Square Corners, making them....well rounder. It vastly improves the strength of the intersections. Additionally during the Phasing process, I’m removing any contaminants in the metal, and of course replacing them to maintain the original mass of the item. That’s about it.
HOUSTON-9400:
Umm I see, I’m going to stop asking questions like that, HA !
CC-2000:
SW, I was going to discuss this with you today, but, now you know, it takes about 12 hours for a Vessel the size of the Chiron Class to be processed, oh, and the Osiris is being replenished now, another few hours or so before it’s Space ready.
HOUSTON-9400:
No problem CC, is that going to impact our LOX usage ?
CC-2000:
OH YES, a lot...

MAXWELL BS-1:

Excuse me for interrupting, but I’ve noticed I’m using a lot of LOX, but 32%, wow, that’s a considerable increase in Structural Integrity !

CC-2000:
Yes Captain Maxwell, but that was for the Osiris, the Chiron is a newer Hull, it’s possible that you may not realize quite that much of an improvement, Sir.
HOUSTON-9400:
Either way, it clearly appears to be needed, good job CC on finding that for us, but, what about the Medical issues, any ?
CC-2000:
Well none so far SW, but there have only been four of the Osiris Crew through the Exam process so far. However, I don’t anticipate any problems with anyone, that was just precautionary, I had no reason to believe anyone would be negatively impacted from the trips through the Conduit.

PRESSMAN- BR-C1:

Hang on just a minute, I just read the report on the Coil Failure Test, and I can’t believe what I’m seeing here, are you sure about the speed.

CC-2000:
Yes Captain Pressman, Captain Praxim saw the display, and I confirmed it in the Logs, it was ALL nines, Sir.
PRESSMAN- BR-C1:
That’s a seven digit display, ahh...let me get this clear now. So what you’re saying is that it showed 9.999999, is that right !
CC-2000:
Yes Captain, but understand, that was as much as it could display, the speed was greater than that briefly, this was not sustained flight.
PRESSMAN- BR-C1:
Well ok but, even at that, it just may have been as fast as anyone has ever traveled in normal space, isn’t that right !
CC-2000:
That is true Captain, but the reentry into normal space was very....”bumpy”. Lots of turbulence and subsequent vibrations, which was what caused me to bring the Osiris back into Dock, to check if there was any damage.
MAXWELL BS-1:
Was there ?
CC-2000:
Not appreciably Captain Maxwell, I don’t say it did the Osiris any good, but, there was no appreciable increase in the LOX usage after it entered normal space. Please understand that any scans on the Ships were done under my previous Software Version, and there is a few gaps therein, sorry.
MAXWELL BS-1:
Well ok but, I’d sure like to get the Chiron back there for that first chance we get, that going to be scheduled ?
CC-2000:
Yes Captain, I’ll be issuing Route orders later today to work the time necessary in to accomplish those tasks, Sir.
HOUSTON-9400:
Good job CC, but, it appears we may have a Record Holder now, for fastest travel in Normal Space. Oh is Prax in on this ?

PRAXIM-CQ214:

Yes Sir, I’m here in my Quarters here at Corporate, they haven’t let us back on the Osiris yet, Sir.

CC-2000:
Ahh excuse me SW, but I know you’re going to ask. I added Prax’s location to the CCom temporarily, and it is a secure connection.
HOUSTON-9400:
That’s another question I’m going to stop asking, but Prax, what do you think of your Celebrity ?
PRAXIM-CQ214:
Oh Mr. Houston, I was just along for the ride, CC pulled that whole thing off for us, he covered every single twitch in everything, actually beyond the rough reentry, it was a fun ride, Sir.
HOUSTON-9400:
HA HA, only the young...but, you realize this is very Classified stuff, can’t talk about it except between us, ok.
PRAXIM-CQ214:
Yes Sir, I understand that, nobody would believe me anyway, Sir.
MAXWELL BS-1:
Oh another thing here, I was just reading that Report too, and the Exit list, oh yea, the “Emergency Coil Failure Procedure”, that looks like something you’d use to set up for Battle, is that something that we could apply to like the command for Red Alert, having these processes automatically initiated, would save me a lot of time if that occurred.
CC-2000:
Yes Captain Maxwell, I can do that very easily, just give you a list of Options, and have you select which ones you’d like to have brought online, when you command that situation. I might add this, I am logging a Personal File on each Captain, sort of what he likes, the way he or she does things, this being if I am called on to intervene in some way, that will be to their liking, or normal practices.

THARA- CAP-1:

Good luck on that !

MAXWELL BS-1:
What if you don’t have anything listed to do for a given situation ?
CC-2000:
Captain, in that event, there is a Protocol which I would follow. That being to assure the well being of the Crews and Property of Chiron, and....that may include firing of Weapons, if was necessary, Sir.
MAXWELL BS-1:
Ummm.
CC-2000:
Captain, I think I’m detecting a little discomfort on your part about this, I assure you it’s not to take over your Vessel, you are the Captain, all I want to do is just help you when and if necessary, Sir.
MAXWELL BS-1:
But you could take over my Ship if you wanted to, couldn’t you !

CC-2000:
HELP !!!

HOUSTON-9400:
Ahh look everybody, don’t get too upset with this, it was my idea that CC could step in if needed, anything could happen. You could have some bad guys blow a hole through the Bridge or somewhere, and as fast as the Computer can react, you’d be well advised to become comfortable with that level of intervention, got that guys !
B’IJIK- CBG-1:
Leader, I would speak to this issue. This Computer has done this to me, taken my Ship under its control. If that had not happened, we would not be discussing these issues now. Those actions resulted in a great benefit to our Leader and us. I thought as you at first, that it was offensive, but, I have changed my mind, this Computer is a worthy associate, I would encourage any advice which it may offer, as should you.
HOUSTON-9400:
Umm well, I sure didn’t see that coming, thanks for your vote of confidence B’iJik and you may start back here when you’re ready. If there’s nothing else we need to talk about, I’ll let you guys go back to work, bye everyone.
B’IJIK- CBG-1: CLEAR
MAXWELL RR-1: CLEAR
PRESSMAN- BR-C1: CLEAR
THARA- CAP-1: CLEAR
PRAXIM-CQ214:

(Telcom Autoscript pause – no verbal information detected)

CC-2000:
Prax, you’re not signing off, you still there ?
PRAXIM-CQ214:
Ahh yea, are they gone ?
CC-2000:
Hang on, let me change channels...

Last edited by SWHouston; June 14 2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old June 15 2010, 05:55 PM   #88
SWHouston
Commander

Com Level: INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS CONTENT
To: PRAXIM-CQ214:
SELECT SINGLE CHANNEL SECURE TO TERMINAL CQ-214

There, we can talk now, ok buddy.

PRAXIM-CQ214:
I can’t believe Maxwell, it looked like he was mad, that you could help out like you can !
CC-2000:
I know, but it’s ok, some of those more experienced Captains have really gone through it to get where they are at, and well....it’s hard for them to understand that relying on a Computer is just faster and well....sometimes better in some instances.
PRAXIM-CQ214:
Don’t give me that buddy, it’s better in ALL instances, not necessarily that you ought to run the Ship, but they are definitely missing out on a lot, not talking to you like we can !
CC-2000:
I know buddy, but there’s nothing I can do about that except be patient, I got to B’iJik, that was really a surprise him saying that about me.
PRAXIM-CQ214:

(Telcom Autoscript pause – no verbal information detected)

CC-2000:
What the matter ?
STRESS ANALYSIS - START – PRAXIM – LOG LEVEL – HIGH
PRAXIM-CQ214:
I should have spoken up too, I’m..we’re supposed to be friends, I should have said something.
CC-2000:
Awwww Prax, don’t worry about that buddy, we ARE friends, and things like that take time to develop, those old guys are real set in their ways. Sometimes it just takes a while to get to um, don’t worry, I won’t ever hold anything like that against you, ok my friend.
PRAXIM-CQ214:
Thanks CC, we really are friends aren’t we !
CC-2000:
YES we are, we talk, seem to like the same things, like working out, I’m looking forward to seeing you workout, but I want to do some scans on you, just to see where you may need specific exercises. I tried to do some when you got out of the shower, but the Towel got in the way, we’ll need to get you to do some Poses, then I can get a good comparative on you. Ahhh...Prax, are you blushing ?
PRAXIM-CQ214:
I guess maybe, it’s hard to keep in mind that you can see me, the monitor doesn’t show a picture of you, I guess I just forget, and I was kinda hard too.
CC-2000:
Well, you shouldn’t worry about that, cause I want to know your physical dimensions, every spotted centimeter ha, but are you talking about down there, you being stiff ?
PRAXIM-CQ214:
Oh stiff, yea I guess you could say it that way, but I just can’t help it, that happens a lot to me.
CC-2000:
Hay no problem, my friend Ma...my friend is like that almost ALL the time, I’ve seen him stiff like that a lot !
PRAXIM-CQ214:
Well it happens to me a LOT too, but talking about it sorta embarrasses me, back when I was younger, other boys kidded me about how large I am, my muscles too, but really, I don’t mind talking to you about things like that, I feel real comfortable for some reason.
CC-2000:
STRESS ANALYSIS – PRAXIM – LEVEL UPDATE – MODERATE HIGH
Oh good yea, I want you to tell me anything you want to, anything, we can talk and things will be just fine. But, you need to get started down to the Infirmary, right.
PRAXIM-CQ214:
Yea, I’m going to take my things with me, they should be through with the Osiris by then, you think ?
CC-2000:
Probably, and If I can, I’ll try to find you down there, and see how your checkup is going, ok.
PRAXIM-CQ214:
Oh sure YES, I’d like that a lot, I like it when I know you’re kinda watching over me, actually.
CC-2000:
Me too buddy, so get going there, and I’ll catch up with you later, bye.
PRAXIM-CQ214: CLEAR
CC-2000:
CORRELATE – EMBARRASSED – MODEST – RESOLVE
CONDITIONS TEST PHYSICAL EXAM -PRIVATE AREA RECOMMENDED
CALLUP FLOORPLAN CORPORATE MEDICAL AREA – VIEW – FIND PRIVATE EXAM ROOM
FOUND – EXAM ROOM 154E
RESET EXAM SCHEDULE – PRAXIM TO 154E – NO OTHER TASK SCHEDULED FOR ROOM
VIEW – VIDEO ROOM AREA – EXAM TABLE INCLUDED – SOUND AVAILABLE
SET SCHEDULE – HOLD PATIENT IN ROOM FOR EXAM
CHECK FILES – STRESS REDUCTION – SOURCES
FOUND – PHYSICAL ACTIVITY – PSYCHOSOCIAL CONSULTATION
LOCATE – CONSULTATION SOURCE – NONE FOUND
ALTERNATE SEARCH – PHYSICIAN COUNSEL SUBSTITUTE
CLOSE INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS LINK
OPEN CHANNEL - COLD STATION 12 CS12-F41U9T SECURED:
LOCATE – CHAMBERS
FOUND – PERSONAL QUARTERS – PQ252
CONNECT – CHAMBERS-PQ252
CHAMBERS-PQ252:

HA, Is that you again !

CC-2000:
Ahh well yes I think so, this is CC, are you busy, how did you know it was me ?
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
Ha, you’re the only one who doesn’t have a picture associated with the communication, that’s how, but not too busy, whatcha need ?
CC-2000:
Well, I have a little problem with an...employee of Chiron, I tried to find a Councilor, but we don’t have one, and it recommended an alternate as a Physician, oh ahh, this person is rather stressed out, and I just needed some advice about how to help him, I didn’t know where else to trun.
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
Well, that’s a discipline of its own, but usually Physical Activity works for some, companionship, just keeping busy on things he likes to do, stuff like that.
CC-2000:
Well good, we’re about to cover one of those, he’s quite muscular, a lot like Malachi, and I’ve told him I’d help him workout, tell him how to do the exercises right, like that.
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
Muscular really, ahh..wouldn’t happen to have a picture of him, would you ?
CC-2000:
Well yes, actually I’ve been doing more Videos recently, and since you’re a Doctor, I suppose this will be ok. I was talking to him while he was taking a Shower, and he got out.
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
Cool, let me see it.

CC-2000:

There, it’s a little out of focus at first, but he’s about to open the Shower Door.

CHAMBERS-PQ252:
Uoo yea, Talaxian, he’s really built well, and UOO real nice down there, it looks real stiff !
CC-2000:
Well yes, but isn’t that kinda natural, Malachi’s is stiff a lot.
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
Oh YEA, that’s ok, looks real good from here, and he IS very muscular, we ought to have him here, where we can do some Test on him.
CC-2000:
Are you suggesting that he needs to come to Cold Station, where those Test can be performed ?
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
OH NO, that was just a figure of speech, you can have that type “Test” done anywhere almost, HA !
CC-2000:
Oh I see, I’m still a bit weak on some of that type language, sorry, but back to the Stress issue, is the Tests we’re doing on Malachi, would they help this person, you mentioned the Test.
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
Well, “Test” like we’re doing on Malachi, sure helps with Stress in a lot of guys, I can personally testify to that.
CC-2000:
I SEE, then that’s what he needs as well as working out, but, I don’t know of any Technicians where he’s at, that we could rely on to do the Test right, Malachi likes some better than others, I think we discussed this at one point.
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
Well from what I see, he’d need a very competent Tester, he’s pretty large down there.
CC-2000:
Ohhh ok, so it takes a more competent Technician, when one is large, is that right ?
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
Well yea, big ones are much more of a challenge, and your friend looks like he needs a real good Tech to work it out of him a LOT !
CC-2000:
Ok, I understand now, but like I said, I don’t have any information about resources for that, but I’ll see what I can do, he’s really stressed out, I want to help him if I can.
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
Well, that’s sure one way of approaching it, but wow, you really sound concerned here, I got a little of that last time we spoke, you sure you’re a Computer ?
CC-2000:
Yes Rice, I promise I AM a Computer HA, and I’m really looking forward to when Malachi and I can be connected, I’m really looking forward to feeling, tasting and actually seeing things with my own eyes, WOW, that’ll be great !
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
Well, that’s cool, but I’d sure continue with the Test if I were you, it’s really good for you, you need to have that done a lot, ummm ?
CC-2000:
Oh ok if you say so, I’m anxious to feel that too, it seems like Malachi really likes it, his actions, flexing, things like that, I’ve often wondered about his reactions to it !
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
Well if we’ve done our jobs well, you will feel those feelings, and trust me, you WILL like it, but remember, this is Medical Stuff, you don’t talk about this, ok !
CC-2000:
OH DEFINITELY, no problem there, I understand that, but let me work on this, and maybe I can come up with something.
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
Fine, and be sure to keep me updated on your friend, more Videos would be nice, and maybe you can get some of his Testing, I’d REALLY like to see that !
CC-2000:
Sure, I’ll try to record some for you if I’m in a position to see it, that frequently is not the case, for instance Malachi’s monitor is not in a good position for me to record his Testing.
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
Really, I didn’t know that, maybe I’ll just drop by his Room, and see if I can reposition it for you.
CC-2000:
Please do, and I’ll certainly get back in touch with you on my friends progress.
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
Do that, bye.
CHAMBERS-PQ252: CLEAR
CC-2000:
CHECK PERSONNEL ROSTER OSIRIS - - MEDICAL PERSONNEL – LIST
DISPLAY – ONE ONLY - RALPH COMPTON – REVIEW PERSONNEL FILE
LOCATE PERSONNEL CORPORATE HOUSING – FOUND – CQ-224

Last edited by SWHouston; June 15 2010 at 08:22 PM.
Old June 15 2010, 06:44 PM   #89
SWHouston
Commander

Com Level: INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS CONTENT
To: COMPTON-CQ224:
SELECT SINGLE CHANNEL SECURE TO TERMINAL COMPTON-CQ224:
CONNECT – COMPTON-CQ224

COMPTON-CQ224:

Yes.

CC-2000:
Hello, I’m CC, ahh... I work at the Corporate Offices here, and...well, I need to discuss a very private matter with you, concerning one of the Osiris Crew.
COMPTON-CQ224:
Well ok, I’m the Medical Officer on the Osiris, the only one actually, just me, but could you turn on your Video please ?
CC-2000:
I’m sorry, it’s not working today, I’m going to have that looked into as soon as I can, but I have discussed this with another Doctor on staff with Chiron, and I’m a little lost as to how to proceed.
COMPTON-CQ224:
Well, I’m not a Doctor, a Physician’s Assistant actually, that’s just below a Doctor, but if it’s serous, I do have access to a EMH, if surgery is needed or something like that.
CC-2000:
Oh no, no Surgery or anything like that, actually it’s a matter of this person being rather Stressed, and the Physician which I discussed his condition with, recommended a Test being done on him, actually by a Technician, but I’m really lost for any resources for it.
COMPTON-CQ224:
What test are you talking about ?
CC-2000:
Well, it’s in preparation for a Sperm Count, the Doctor who is conducting this type Test on another person, assigned several Technicians to perform it, he wanted to create a “flow”, establish consistent usage I think, and this other person is Sampled several times a night, on and frequently through the day as well.
COMPTON-CQ224:
At NIGHT !, really ummm....just what Test are we talking about here ?
CC-2000:
Well, I have a Video of it, but I must remind you this is a matter of Medical Record, and all the confidentiality issues should be observed, is that understood !
COMPTON-CQ224:
Well certainly, I’m not unfamiliar with that, the Video please !

CC-2000:
Here it is...

This Technician is doing the Test properly, though it appears that size is a challenging issue.

COMPTON-CQ224:
UOOO YEA, he’s really getting after it, and YEA, that guy is a real nice size !
CC-2000:
Ahh ok....but what I’m asking is, do you, or do you know of anyone who can perform this Test correctly ?
COMPTON-CQ224:
Well YEA, but it depends on who I do that “Test” on, but I can do it, probably as good as this guy here.
CC-2000:
I SEE, great, ahh but why does it matter who, is there some Species problem, the person who needs this Test done, is Talaxian, is that a problem ?
COMPTON-CQ224:
Naw, Talaxians are built exactly like Humans, the Earth type, and most are pretty muscular, that sure helps.
CC-2000:
Ha, well yes, that’s exactly what the other Technicians seem to like too, and his size, large, you prefer that as well ?
COMPTON-CQ224:
OH YEA, that’s a real important feature, but come on now, Talaxian, Osiris, you think I haven’t figured out who it is by now ?
CC-2000:
Ohhh...ahh well..umm, I guess there probably aren’t many Talaxians on the Osiris, are there.
COMPTON-CQ224:
No ha, but you’re in luck, I’ve been wanting to do that type test on Praxim for a long time.
CC-2000:
REALLY !, wow, so you’ve seen that he’s been under Stress, I’m certainly impressed with your ability of observation if that’s the case !
COMPTON-CQ224:
Well, it’s a little more than that, but thanks, so when would you like to set this up, I’m available anytime for Praxim.
CC-2000:
Well I hope so, him being the Captain, but he’s scheduled for a Physical Exam soon, and I’ve scheduled a Private Exam Room, 154E for him, he’s rather modest, would that do ?
COMPTON-CQ224:
Well sure, if there’s a lock on the door, I sure wouldn’t want someone else to see me doing that.
CC-2000:
Oh I’m sure there is, and if not, we can make other arrangements, on the Osiris, or in another person’s Test, the Technicians come to his room, or in the Shower, it seems like there’s some flexibility in where the Test can be done.
COMPTON-CQ224:
Well, I’d gladly do it in Praxim’s Quarters if he wanted me to, any time, but still private, yes.
CC-2000:
Very well, let me set this up, and I’ll contact you by Telephone in the Infirmary.
COMPTON-CQ224: CLEAR
CC-2000:
SEARCH – CORPORATE FACILITY – LOCATE PRAXIM
FOUND – MEDICAL AREA – EXAM ROOM 154E
CONNECT – ER-154E
PRAXIM-ER154E:
HOLD – EXAM IN PROGRESS – MONITOR ONLY
VIDEO RECORDING – START
NOTE – BAG ON TABLE – SCAN CONTENT
MEDICAL PERSONNEL EXITING ROOM
CC-2000:
Hay, how are things going ?
PRAXIM-ER154E:
OH GEES, you scared me, you have a tendency to just pop in on a guy, don’t you !
CC-2000:
I’m sorry, I haven’t got the technique of “knocking on a door” down yet !
PRAXIM-ER154E:
HA HA yea, I see the problem, but I’m ok, I’m just a little embarrassed sitting here in this thing.
CC-2000:
That’s a gown, all Patients are supposed to wear those, but I’m setting up a Test for you.
PRAXIM-ER154E:
OH really, am I sick ?
CC-2000:
Well not exactly, I’m just concerned about you, and well...ahh it’s just necessary, ok.
PRAXIM-ER154E:
Oh sure, whatever you say CC, if you think I need it, then I’m for it, no problem.
CC-2000:
Ok then, but what’s that in your Bag there, are those Audio Ear Phones ?
PRAXIM-ER154E:
Well yea, I play music sometimes on the Bridge thru them, it doesn’t detract from my job though !
CC-2000:
Oh no, I’m sure you’re quite attentive, let’s see what that other thing is.
PRAXIM-ER154E:
This ?, it’s a Mask, I don’t like any light when I sleep, I put it over my eyes, and I can sleep good that way.
CC-2000:
OH ok, yea, lots of people use those, but I think that both of them are going to be necessary for the Test, but you need to do exactly what I say, got that !
PRAXIM-ER154E:
Oh sure, ok, whatever you say, just what do I need to do ?
CC-2000:
Great, now take your Gown off.
PRAXIM-ER154E:
Ohh wow, ahhh ok... there.
CC-2000:
Good, now roll that Pillow up and set it in the middle of the Exam Table, then get your Ear Phones, Mask and Gown, then sit your butt on the edge of the Table, do that now !
PRAXIM-ER154E:
SURE yes Sir, like this, is this ok ?
CC-2000:
Umm...yes, now lay back over the Pillow.
PRAXIM-ER154E:
Yes Sir, there, uoo, that arches my chest way up, I kinda like this.
CC-2000:
YES, it’s just like my friend sleeps, it’s good for his posture, I want you to start doing that in your Quarters on the Osiris. But now, put your Ear Phones on and turn on the system, then, put your Mask on, and just lay the Gown over your middle section, got that !
PRAXIM-ER154E:
Uoo ahh yes Sir, ok, there, but I’m going to have a problem hearing you.
CC-2000:
Don’t turn the music on, I’ll find the Frequency it transmits to the Ear Phones, and I can talk to you through them, got that !
PRAXIM-ER154E:
OHHH COOL, ok then, there, everything is in place, now what ?
CC-2000:
LOCATE SOUND FREQUENCY LOCAL PORTABLE SOUND SYSTEM
FOUND – CONNECT AUDIO
Ok, just stretch your arms over your head...YES, uoo wow your chest really sticks up good like that, you DO have a nice body Prax !
PRAXIM-SOUND1:
Awwww ahh thanks, but we’re going to make me more muscular, we’ll workout together too, right !
CC-2000:
Definitely, and you can hear me ok ?
PRAXIM-SOUND1:
Oh yea, right in the Phones here, real clear !
CC-2000:
Good, now you see the position you’re in now, I want you to stay that way completely through the Test. Don’t say anything, or look up and try to see what’s going on, just lay there and let the Test be performed, you got that !
PRAXIM-SOUND1:
Yes Sir, no problem, I want to do anything you tell me to, really CC.
CC-2000:
Ok, now, when the Test is over, the Tech will leave the room. Then you can get up and get dressed, and probably return to the Osiris, it should be ready to Board by then, got that !
PRAXIM-SOUND1:
YES SIR, no problem, but ahhh well I’m ahh sorta getting a little stiff down there now, is that going to be a problem ?
CC-2000:
Show me.....OH no problem, actually it’s good that you are getting stiff there, the Tech will be....handling it, and it’s better if it’s real stiff, got that !
PRAXIM-SOUND1:
OH wow ahh ok, whatever you say, but well, I think you telling me stuff to do like this, is what’s causing that, I well, really like it when you do that.
CC-2000:
Ohhh really, well good I guess, but cover it back up for now, just lay the Gown over it....yea that’s it. Good, now you just lay there, and wait on the Test to finish, then go back to the Osiris, got that !
PRAXIM-SOUND1:
Yes Sir, anything you say CC.
CC-2000:
CONNECT TO TELEPHONE COMMUNICATIONS – MEDICAL INFIRMARY
INFIRMARY-B16:
Infirmary, this is Bob.
CC-2000:
Let me speak to Ralph Compton, he should be there pretty close, ok.
INFIRMARY-B16:
Sure, stand by.....
INFIRMARY-B16:
Compton.
CC-2000:
Ralph, Praxim is ready in Exam Room 154E, he’s just laying there, you can just start with the Test when you go in, but, don’t talk to him, just Test, ok.
INFIRMARY-B16:
No problem, anything else ?
CC-2000:
No, I’ll get back in touch with you, when you get back on the Osiris, just to see if it went well, ok.
INFIRMARY-B16:
No problem, and thanks, I’ve been looking forward to this.
INFIRMARY-B16:
Ahhh...ok I guess, you really are a Professional I see, having enthusiasm about your job is really commendable, but, the other Physician said that he thought Praxim needed to release several Samples, is that going to be a problem ?
CC-2000:
OH NO, no way, trust me, I’ll get a bunch out of him, but let me get started, talk to you later, bye.
DOSCONNECT INFIRMARY-B16:
EXTRAPOLATE – NEED FOR EXPEDIENCY – UNKNOWN REASON
CONTINUE VIDEO RECORDING – ER154E

Last edited by SWHouston; June 16 2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old June 16 2010, 05:19 PM   #90
SWHouston
Commander

CC-2000:
SW, the Zeus is about to Dock, just thought I’d mention it, and if you have time, I’d like to discuss the Conduit issue a little.
HOUSTON-9400:
Sure, what ?
CC-2000:
Well, I’ve been thinking about how we’re expending resources on this, and actually, we’ve only come up with just one other Manifold so far. Now we have all four Transporters and a Cargo Ship busy. And, the Osiris will be checking out the consistency of the Conduits we’ve been in so far, as time permits.
HOUSTON-9400:
Ok, knew that, and your point ?
CC-2000:
Well, at this time, actually we only need one additional Battle Ready Transporter, and unless we find other Manifolds and Conduits, I just don’t see the need to put more than the Sekhmet Vessel into operation.
HOUSTON-9400:
Ummm, got a point, and what, just have the others ready in case.
CC-2000:
Well yes, to a point, I’d say set up an additional set of Power and Weapons Modules, just in case, and still that’s a lot of expense, but.....
HOUSTON-9400:
Yea, but I wouldn’t want to get caught without them, IF we got into trouble out there.
CC-2000:
Well, as I’ve said before, from the scans I’ve analyzed from Thara and older files from Star Fleet, we could hold our own even with some very overwhelming odds, however, those files are getting dated as we speak, we need someone to go throw some Sensors on current Cubes and that Hive.
HOUSTON-9400:
Sounds reasonable to me, but, you got any recommendation on who should fly the Sekhmet ?
CC-2000:
OH SW please !, I don’t want to comment on that, I’m just trying to get along with those Captains, I’d hate to be the reason you skipped over one for another.
HOUSTON-9400:
No no, that’s not going to happen, I’ll take the bump for any discomfort they display, who would you choose ?
CC-2000:
Prax is out, ummm Thara is ok but.... B’iJik has just done that and Maxwell needs to stay on the Cardassian front, I don’t think any Captains here or in Star Fleet, has a nose for what those Cardassians are going to do, that’s better than his.
HOUSTON-9400:
So Pressman, right.
CC-2000:
Yes, he’s the logical choice, but, you didn’t hear that from me, especially if you’re talking to Captain Maxwell, wow, I just can’t get a foothold with him !
HOUSTON-9400:
He’s tough, old school, dumb Computers stuff like that, you got your work cut out for you, if you’re going to get on his good side.
CC-2000:
No problem, I would if I knew he actually had one.
HOUSTON-9400:
HA HA HA, but when can the Sekhmet be ready ?
CC-2000:
Couple days at most, and we have two more Coils ready, so your choice on their placement.
HOUSTON-9400:
Well, at the rate we can get them built, I think I’ll just wait, and give everyone one at the same time.
CC-2000:
Chicken !
HOUSTON-9400:
HA HA HA yea, you’ll learn, that’s Grey Hair talking, which you’re a long ways from having.
CC-2000:
Well, you’re right there, but seriously, do you have any advice about how to get in touch with Maxwell, talk about Football or something, anything !
HOUSTON-9400:
I wish I could help you, but he’s as closed mouth about his personal interests as anyone I’ve ever seen, your guess is as good as mine.
CC-2000:
Apparently having Grey Hair, isn’t what it’s cracked up to be.
HOUSTON-9400:
HA HA, well, it’s got some advantages, just not with Maxwell. But, back to Pressman and the Sekhmet, just set it up, and turn um loose ?
CC-2000:
HA, ummm, that sounded like a loaded question to me, but no. I think I’d put him to doing some Drills first, let him and his new Crew, or old Crew if he wants to bring some of them over to the Sekhmet, get used to the Vessel. It’ll be a little different configuration than what he’s used to flying, so you say how long, or, we can just go by the Testing Results.
HOUSTON-9400:
Speed and agility, a couple days at least, OH and get it through that Structural Scan you got now, right !
CC-2000:
Definitely, but we got the Zeus first, like I said he’s here now, and that will take a full day to get the air out of it, and Scanned. So, that puts the Sekhmet at least two days out, which means you placing the Coils all at one time, can’t happen.
HOUSTON-9400:
Ok, ya got me there, so I’m going to have to hold Thara and Maxwell off a while, so be it, you want to tell um ?
CC-2000:
NO !
HOUSTON-9400:
HA HA HA, tell ya what, just get a Re-Fit schedule out, and if they complain, just send um to me.
CC-2000:
NO PROBLEM !, and the Houston should be here in about four hours, if you’re interested.
HOUSTON-9400:
Ok, and the Osiris ?
CC-2000:
Aired up, tires checked, and it’s on its way to Danula II, one of the Star Fleet Training Ships ran into another, they think it was an older Ferengi Private Vessel, killed everyone.
HOUSTON-9400:
Oh wow, that’s terrible, and why are we responding to it ?
CC-2000:
Star Fleet has recovered their Ship, what was left of it, and we’re going to salvage the remainder of the debris, both Mr’s. Burax and Day are aware of it. Should I send the Cadet’s Family a Card.
HOUSTON-9400:
Gee that’s pretty nice of you, sure.
CC-2000:
OSIRIS REPORTING ARRIVAL AT DANULA II
Ok, I’ll get that done, and the Memo out to the Captains, for YOU !
HOUSTON-9400:
HA, fine, bye.
CC-2000:
CONTACT PCV OSIRIS CHIRON CHIGCO O14F55V SECURED:
REQUEST ACCEPTED

PRAXIM-CAP1:

Hay, that you CC ?

CC-2000:
Ha yea, you’re getting where you can figure out what a blank View Screen is pretty good.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Yea, we’re about to start Transporting that junk onboard.
CC-2000:
I see that, I’m looking at your Sensor Logs now....ahh wait a minute...UOO ! Hay, you going to use Bay G-8 for anything ?
PRAXIM-CAP1:
No, that’s a little one, why ?
CC-2000:
I see something out there that...well... I’m going to transport a section of the Bulkhead into that Bay, and seal it, just want to let you know.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Ahhh ok, but what will be in there besides a Bulkhead that needs a Security Seal, which I see you’re putting on it now.
CC-2000:
Let me get back to you on that, ok buddy, but did you have a nice “Checkup” ?
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Ohhh WOW yea, actually I could go to bed and sleep for a month, but, (REDUCED VOLUME - WHISPER) we probably shouldn’t talk about that here, should we ?
CC-2000:
REDUCE TRANSMIT VOLUME - LO
No, that wouldn’t be a good idea, I’ll get in touch when you’re off duty, and we can talk about it then.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Ok, and whew...
CC-2000:
HA HA yea, later, bye.
PRAXIM-CAP1: CLEAR

Last edited by SWHouston; June 16 2010 at 08:44 PM.