RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,653
Members: 24,810
Currently online: 609
Newest member: Damix

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old April 3 2010, 11:10 PM   #31
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Re: Iron Man 2: Build up till release DISCUSSION

Clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD7GtBmY2jw

they changed the initial part. No more "you complete me"
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2010, 11:22 PM   #32
T'Baio
Admiral

The fireworks hitting him is an even better gag!
On Facebook
T'Baio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2010, 05:31 AM   #33
Admiral James Kirk
Writer

I'm looking forward to Iron Man 2 but It's kind of been overshadowed for me by all the news about Captain America and Thor. I'm looking forward to seeing Evans as Cap and I'm going crazy with anticipation at what Branagh is going to do with Thor. I loved his version of Frankenstein. I've already seen a great Iron Man moviebut I've only seen shitty Captain America movies.
Admiral James Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2010, 08:08 AM   #34
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain

I wonder if that's a soon to be deleted scene? At least the part with him running out or just a part they changed in favor of "you complete me?" I mean a part of it feels almost "too" crisp and smooth, like it's semi-final CGI but not "final final" dunno.

I hope they keep the original one we saw in the trailers. Course wouldn't be the first time they changed something at the last minute in the movie. I recall that scene where Tony returns to his house and does that Minority Report like computer screen thing "Fire up the scanners" line was cut and they put it in the deleted scenes so maybe You complete me is in that category too. Although I like what we've seen before better, better than him just running out of the plane.

BUT a part of me wonders if they do the same gag with Tony jumping out of a plane in the suit twice? Unless he uses the same plane and jumps out the back on the way back from Monte Carlo and goes after Hammer's goons or something. Because you never do see him retrieve his helmet, so maybe there's another scene with him doing a jump... grabbing his helmet and laying some kickass on something...
Old April 4 2010, 06:37 PM   #35
Joy
Commodore

I just couldn't help but laugh my butt off watching that scene. Tony Stark's incredible vanity is one of the reasons I love the character so much. So. Awesome.

Watching the trailer again as comparison, I'm pretty sure they are two separate scenes. The "you complete me" part in the trailer begins with Tony asking for a kiss because he "might not make it back." Sounds like he's on his way to a fight rather than an expo. Plus, the plane's already open as they speak and he jumps with his back down.

In this new scene, he's already got his helmet on before the plane even opens, Pepper's nowhere in sight, and he dives stomach first.
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2010, 07:24 PM   #36
Duncan MacLeod
Fleet Captain

I don't think he's jumping into a fight in the first version. That's based primarily on Pepper's actions. She doesn't seem to feel he's in any danger what-so-ever. At least that's the way I see it.

Now I do have a question though.

Last time we got Nick Fury and an Avengers hint, what do people think will be in the post credits sequence this time around?
Duncan MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2010, 07:49 PM   #37
captcalhoun
Admiral

i think the Avengers links are more in the main story this time, since Fury's in it more. i think he's actively trying to recruit Tony. and Tony's refusing. Black Widow may be hinted at as being part of his team...
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2010, 08:02 PM   #38
Duncan MacLeod
Fleet Captain

Are you saying you think the PCS will be about the Black Widow?
Duncan MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2010, 08:45 PM   #39
Bad Bishop
Vice Admiral

captcalhoun wrote: View Post
i think the Avengers links are more in the main story this time, since Fury's in it more. i think he's actively trying to recruit Tony. and Tony's refusing. Black Widow may be hinted at as being part of his team...
This seems to be a significant departure from the comics, where Nick Fury had no part in the formation of the Avengers (as far as I know).
Old April 4 2010, 08:58 PM   #40
Skywalker
Admiral

Bad Bishop wrote: View Post
This seems to be a significant departure from the comics, where Nick Fury had no part in the formation of the Avengers (as far as I know).
In the Ultimate Marvel universe, Nick Fury (who is based on Samuel L. Jackson in that universe) is a founding member and the leader of the Ultimates (the Ultimate Marvel iteration of the Avengers). So that's probably what inspired Fury's involvement in the formation of the Avengers in the films.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2010, 09:13 PM   #41
Bad Bishop
Vice Admiral

Skywalker wrote: View Post
In the Ultimate Marvel universe, Nick Fury (who is based on Samuel L. Jackson in that universe) is a founding member and the leader of the Ultimates (the Ultimate Marvel iteration of the Avengers). So that's probably what inspired Fury's involvement in the formation of the Avengers in the films.
Hmm... I didn't know that, or anything else about the Ultimate Universe. Over there, do Captain America and Fury ever clash over leadership of the superhero team? Samuel Jackson's Nick Fury may form the Avengers on film, but I can't see him bossing Cap, Iron Man and Thor around.
Old April 4 2010, 10:20 PM   #42
CaptainCanada
Admiral

He's not really the leader of the Ultimates, he's the head of SHIELD; he's more like their supervisor.

- Homer Simpson
CaptainCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2010, 11:20 PM   #43
Skywalker
Admiral

CaptainCanada wrote: View Post
He's not really the leader of the Ultimates, he's the head of SHIELD; he's more like their supervisor.
Yeah, that's what I meant to imply, sorry about that. I haven't actually read any of The Ultimates, but I assume Ultimate Cap was still their actual leader on the field.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2010, 11:32 PM   #44
Tyjos Azari
Lieutenant Commander

I'm really excited for Iron Man 2.

Looks great!

It's Gotten me into the Invincble Iron Man Comic and Director of SHIELD Comics.
Tyjos Azari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2010, 02:11 AM   #45
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Maybe a Thor cameo or the camera pans up to reveal the icy tomb of Chris Evan's Captain America.

Nick Fury- We're going to need all the help we can get

*block of ice with Cap's shield
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote