IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Closed Thread

Old May 26 2011, 01:09 PM   #121
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Re: Buddy Keys for Star Trek Online

On the plus side. your account info on STF shows you the status of the sent key.
So as long as it's not been used you are probabbly still able to give it away manually. Or is it tied to the mail adress you sent it too?
Old May 26 2011, 04:20 PM   #122
Scout101
Admiral

Tied to the email address it was sent to. Doesn't appear to be any way to edit it, so can't redirect it to another account, hence me saying I didn't want to waste another invite by having to send one to another account. Status shows as "offered", meaning they sent the email.

Honestly, not that worried about it. I sent it to the email he suggested. He can either check that account or not. He doesn't post here outside of asking for the key, so not gonna lose sleep over it. It's in his email if he wants it...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Old May 26 2011, 04:44 PM   #123
valmoric
Ensign

im sry im not trying to seem like a ass or trying to seem like i want to pirate it or something but my prywolf email was full with like 2,096 emails case i havent cheaked it in like mounths so i looked througfh and foumnd an eamail called scott Something but the message didnt load i looked through all of my other email and it wasent there so i deleted it alll ieven cheaked my ZxPrywolfxZ email the one i use mostly but nothing there so i assumed it glicthed or something
Old May 26 2011, 05:02 PM   #124
Scout101
Admiral

i can try to get it to resend, but only to the prywolf@yahoo email i already used. Will see if I can get it to do that tonight. You implied your other email wasn't going to work, and didn't want to waste an invite, so I used the one you told me to. Not sure why you'd give out an email if it was full, and why you'd mass-delete the account's emails if you were looking for one, but that's another issue I guess...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
Old May 26 2011, 05:35 PM   #125
daedalus5

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
And that is the reason I don't send keys to Ensigns per E-Mail on this board. May suck for legitimite new members, but the keys are to valuable (for real buddies) to give away to potential fishing... people.
Although I don't understand what those referal keys could possibly be exploited for.
users of those keys can't use public game chat I believe and can only access space dock plus Azura.
Precisely for the reasons stated above, i wouldn't send out a buddy key to a low participator.
Old May 27 2011, 01:27 AM   #126
Scout101
Admiral

Eh, like I said, don't know anyone IRL that wants a buddy key, and people here aren't knocking down the door for them, so no real loss...

Valmoric, here's the deal: I don't know if I can resend it or not. Not a lot of options on that page, but looks like I tried it. If you don't have the email, let me know. I can't PM you, but I CAN post the key code and you can enter it yourself. I'll delete my post once you use the key. let me know, and I'll post the code.

Edit: Nevermind, I just manually emailed the code to both of your addresses. Just make sure you sign up with the prywolf@yahoo account, or it probably won't work...
Old July 23 2011, 11:17 AM   #127
donjon
Ensign

can u tell me how can i play online game? plz
Old July 27 2011, 12:49 AM   #128
mic of orion
Commander

Hi ya peeps, finally got my new computer and can play star trek online.

OK an anyone explain me things about STO, and what is buddy key?

cheers.

Benjamin Franklin
Old September 3 2011, 06:38 PM   #129
daedalus5

Game now free to play so no point in this thread being a sticky.
Old September 4 2011, 11:04 AM   #130
Darth Thanatos
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Besides, I think they dropped the referral system, as some players managed to start the F2P ahead of time because of it...
Old January 12 2012, 03:57 PM   #131
Rocketeer
Captain

Darth Thanatos wrote: View Post
Besides, I think they dropped the referral system, as some players managed to start the F2P ahead of time because of it...

The referal system is still working on my account...

Considering FEDCON 23 in Dusseldorf, 29 May - 1 Jun 2014
Old January 12 2012, 04:13 PM   #132
Rocketeer
Captain

Are the buddy card keys tied to each player's account? That is, do I get credit if someone uses one of mine? Thanks.

This question is about the 3 buddy cards that came in the Collector's edition.

Last edited by Rocketeer; January 12 2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old January 20 2012, 09:37 PM   #133
leptoon
Cadet

Rocketeer wrote: View Post
Are the buddy card keys tied to each player's account? That is, do I get credit if someone uses one of mine? Thanks.

This question is about the 3 buddy cards that came in the Collector's edition.
Can you please PM me one of those buddy keys? I just need a couple days of gold membership. I never bought retail so the key should work. Thanks!
Old January 20 2012, 11:21 PM   #134
Scout101
Admiral

Can't imagine they didn't fix this loophole now that F2P has gone live. Well, given their track record, maybe not, but still. You just want it so you can keep all the Gold priviledges (extra slots, etc) after it expires and you go to silver status, right?

Can we just close this thread, given that it's free to play, so only possible use would be for people to try and cheat the system?
Old January 24 2012, 11:26 AM   #135
Rocketeer
Captain

Scout101 - LOL, be careful slapping the F2P players around. You'll get branded a troublemaker (like me). :-P . Anyway, I think you need to hold Gold membership for 30 days to retain any of the benefits.

Leptoon - Hmm, let me think about it. This is the first time I've seen you on the forum. Would you still be interested in the buddy key if it doesn't provide any permanent benefit?

Closed Thread