Mulgrew: Playing Red
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

IDW Publishing Comic Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

View Poll Results: who did you kill?
civilians 12 66.67%
FSB 5 27.78%
no one, i skipped it 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 5 2010, 10:07 PM   #1
captcalhoun
Admiral

MW2 'No Russian' mission

so, who killed civvies, who skipped it and who only killed FSB?
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2010, 10:56 PM   #2
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead
Re: MW2 'No Russian' mission

I didn't kill civilians. I figured if I am an undercover soldier, I'd do my best not to...I kept expecting the game to penalize me for it, like for one of the terrorists to put me on the spot and demand I shot a civvy.
Old March 5 2010, 11:01 PM   #3
Mistral
Vice Admiral

Skipped it, along with the rest of the single player play. I only do multiplayer.

Mistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2010, 11:05 PM   #4
Jax
Admiral

I fired my weapons to make it look like I was a cold blooded terrorist but missed civves on purpose. The only time I shot FSB was when I had zero choice so more towards the end outside the terminal.
Old March 5 2010, 11:10 PM   #5
Marten
Captain

I shot the civilians. Orders are orders.
Marten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2010, 11:20 PM   #6
Brikar99
Rear Admiral

I did it both ways.
Old March 6 2010, 01:22 AM   #7
Lookingglassman
Admiral

I killed the civvies. Over and over again!
Lookingglassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2010, 02:45 AM   #8
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to archeryguy1701

I killed the civvies. I followed the head guy's lead as 'directed' and I thought it added some impact to the game.

Sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six- Bill Adama
archeryguy1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2010, 04:39 AM   #9
Skywalker
Admiral

The first time I played it, I didn't kill any civilians, I just conveniently "missed" (I'm an RPG guy first, shut up ), but every time after that I've just killed the civvies.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2010, 08:40 AM   #10
captcalhoun
Admiral

i didn't kill anyone until after makarov shot me for 'being a coward'. i only shot FSB by accident after spraying bullets wildly. and only just by the last plane outside.
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2010, 11:18 AM   #11
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral

First time i played it i never fired a shot thinking this was some test and i would be rewarded at the end for not killing any civilians, second time i played the level i knew all the hype and just let rip.

Haggis and tatties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2010, 11:47 PM   #12
Anthony Sabre
Commodore

Killed both.
Anthony Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7 2010, 01:18 AM   #13
Emher
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher

Shot both, but mostly did mercy kills on the civilians. Like if another guy shot them and they didn't die I finished the job. The FSB where in my way so they got shot.

It's just a game, and you where undercover. It's not I'll do it in real life.
Old March 7 2010, 04:55 PM   #14
Base_Delta_Zero
Commodore

Since my mission was supposedly to infiltrate the cell so Makarov could be taken out, I tried taking out the terrorists like half a dozen times at various points during the mission, until it was clear that making sense just wasn't an option.

At no time did I shoot the civilians. Fuck that shit. And the FSB only got return fire when it was impossible for me not to engage them.

The whole thing was retarded and depressing. Instead of saying I was going through an initiation in order to meet with Makarov, at which point I was to kill him no matter what before he could unleash an even deadlier attack on Americans, necessitating my participation in the massacre in some capacity, they tell me Makarov has to die and then prevent me from just shooting him in the back of the head when he steps off the elevator.

He could have still appeared at the end during the exfiltration and shot me in the face. Instead, his presence during the entire mission ruined SOD and made the whole thing a pathetic attempt to drum up controversy.
Base_Delta_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9 2010, 06:50 PM   #15
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral

I was really surprised by this mission in my first playthrough.. i was wondering what this cryptic message at the beginning of the game was if i wanted to skip a special mission because of whatever (can't remember the exact text) and when i realized it i was stunned.

Can't remember if i shot civvies but i definitely fought the police (hey.. they shot first.. i think ) but on my 2nd playthrough i let my inner terrorist run free and shot everything on sight.. even the wounded people just to make sure!

That said there was an interesting discussion in a german video game show about this special mission and the consensus is that it put back the fight for video game acceptance several steps back. Whenever there's a shooting with casualties inevitably some politicians cry out to ban shooters or any violent game because by coincidence such games were found at the shooters home and of course these games made him a nutcase who grabbed a shotgun to see if he can do headshots in real life

So while it satisfied my bloodthirsty side i believe this mission was totally unecessary and in fact counterproductive but i guess the producers knew that already and counted on the outcry and publicity to sell more games.