RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,353
Posts: 5,445,832
Members: 24,968
Currently online: 479
Newest member: TrekkieKimber

TrekToday headlines

Kruge Bobble Head
By: T'Bonz on Oct 30

Two Trek Actors In Green Room
By: T'Bonz on Oct 30

Trek UglyDolls First Look
By: T'Bonz on Oct 29

New Star Trek Select Action Figure
By: T'Bonz on Oct 29

Trek Actors In Elsa & Fred
By: T'Bonz on Oct 29

The Red Shirt Diaries #9
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Greenwood Cast In Truth
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Cumberbatch In Talks For Strange
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Two New Trek Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Meaney On Playing Historical Figure Durant
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies I-X

Star Trek Movies I-X Discuss the first ten big screen outings in this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 1 2010, 11:38 AM   #1
kciss
Cadet
 
Deleted Scene from Insurrection

Hi Peoples, my first post after joining. Thanks for having me.

After watching Insurrection for the upteenth time, i looked it up on imdb to see if anyone else noticed a mistake i did, and i discovered Quark was to be in the movie.. Well, after researching the net, ive read that the footage was even made, and "floating about". Id love to see it, even just a few stills. but came across nothing.

if anyone knows where it can been seen, id be so greatful, its been nagging me since i found out.

Cheers in advance.
kciss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1 2010, 08:45 PM   #2
Cookie Monster
Captain
 
Cookie Monster's Avatar
 
Location: maneth
Re: Deleted Scene from Insurrection

I'd like to see it too. According to IMDB, Max Grodénchik (Rom) was also in a deleted scene as an alien ensign.
__________________
Live long and prosper
IDIC
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1 2010, 08:50 PM   #3
kciss
Cadet
 
Re: Deleted Scene from Insurrection

maneth

check out this link..

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/File:Trill_Ensign.jpg

thats Max's deleted scene from insurrection.. if thats about, the quark scene has gotta be too.
kciss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1 2010, 08:57 PM   #4
Harvey
Admiral
 
Harvey's Avatar
 
Re: Deleted Scene from Insurrection

There's a still of the Quark thing in the DVD's photo gallery, I think.
__________________
"This begs explanation." - de Forest Research on Star Trek

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2 2010, 04:54 PM   #5
22 Stars
Commodore
 
Re: Deleted Scene from Insurrection

I still can't get over the fact that this movie was made at the same time the DS9 group was doing such epic work with the Dominion War. What a waste of a film.
22 Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2010, 10:40 AM   #6
Valin
Rear Admiral
 
Location: Helium, Barsoom
Re: Deleted Scene from Insurrection

^^^But most movie audiences would have had no idea what the Dominion War was. It would have taken too much backstory to explain it.

Plus, say the writers got around that somehow. They wouldn't have ended the war in the movie; casual movie fan would have expected the next film to continue or finish the war. You couldn't end the TNG film with: "To see how the war ends, tune into DS9--check local listings for times and stations."
__________________
"Live long and prosper."
-Abraham Lincoln to the train conductor at Gettysburg, PA Novemember 1863
Valin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2010, 05:27 PM   #7
Phily B
Fleet Captain
 
Phily B's Avatar
 
Location: United Kingdom
View Phily B's Twitter Profile
Re: Deleted Scene from Insurrection

Valin wrote: View Post
^^^But most movie audiences would have had no idea what the Dominion War was. It would have taken too much backstory to explain it.

Plus, say the writers got around that somehow. They wouldn't have ended the war in the movie; casual movie fan would have expected the next film to continue or finish the war. You couldn't end the TNG film with: "To see how the war ends, tune into DS9--check local listings for times and stations."
Opening scroll to quickly explain the DS9 war, then throw the Enterprise straight into the action.
Phily B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2010, 08:00 PM   #8
knine
Commander
 
knine's Avatar
 
Location: Utah
Re: Deleted Scene from Insurrection

War! Starfleet is crumbling
under attacks by the ruthless
Dominion. There are heroes on
both sides. Evil is everywhere.

In a stunning move, the
fiendish Dominon leader,
Weyoun, has swept into the
Federation capital and
kidnapped Jaresh-Inyo,
president of the Federation.

As the Dominion Fleet
attempts to flee the besieged
capital with their valuable
hostage, the Enterprise leads a
desperate mission to rescue the
captive President....
knine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2010, 08:28 PM   #9
Cmndr J Crichton
Commodore
 
Cmndr J Crichton's Avatar
 
Location: Moya
Re: Deleted Scene from Insurrection

Besides. Only hardcore fans went to see Insurrection. That's why the movie did poorly. They could have at least included the Jem'Hedar and the founders as the villains in Insurrection. They would've been more interesting than the boring S'ona.

The Founders strike a bargain with the Federation. They know how to extract the particles from the Baku planet to use for the whole galaxy. However doing so kills every living thing on the planet. Replace Ru'Afu with Weyun, the S'ona soldiers with Jem'Hedar soldiers, and voila. A movie that keeps the continuity of the series, while standing on it's own.

It doesn't settle well with Picard that The Federation is doing a deal with the Devil, so he enlists the aid of Worf, Dax and the Defiant. We learn that Admiral Dougherty is acting on his own, and now we also have a reason for Picard to go against orders, technically.

Have Worf fight the Jem'Hedar leader in the end, and not Picard. Leaving the Captain to do battle with his ship, and wits against Weyoun.
__________________
A Digital Frontier to shape the human condition...not just a book plug.
Cmndr J Crichton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2010, 08:40 PM   #10
RyuRoots
Fleet Captain
 
RyuRoots's Avatar
 
Location: Ul'Dah
View RyuRoots's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to RyuRoots
Re: Deleted Scene from Insurrection

Cmndr J Crichton wrote: View Post
Besides. Only hardcore fans went to see Insurrection. That's why the movie did poorly. They could have at least included the Jem'Hedar and the founders as the villains in Insurrection. They would've been more interesting than the boring S'ona.

The Founders strike a bargain with the Federation. They know how to extract the particles from the Baku planet to use for the whole galaxy. However doing so kills every living thing on the planet. Replace Ru'Afu with Weyun, the S'ona soldiers with Jem'Hedar soldiers, and voila. A movie that keeps the continuity of the series, while standing on it's own.

It doesn't settle well with Picard that The Federation is doing a deal with the Devil, so he enlists the aid of Worf, Dax and the Defiant. We learn that Admiral Dougherty is acting on his own, and now we also have a reason for Picard to go against orders, technically.

Have Worf fight the Jem'Hedar leader in the end, and not Picard. Leaving the Captain to do battle with his ship, and wits against Weyoun.
It makes me sad how easily this could've been done and how amazing it would've been instead of what we got.
__________________
Star Trek: 1987-Present
RyuRoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2010, 09:12 PM   #11
Cmndr J Crichton
Commodore
 
Cmndr J Crichton's Avatar
 
Location: Moya
Re: Deleted Scene from Insurrection

They also talked about Heart of Darkness, and doing an Apocalypse Now type story. What if Picard and Co were called to recall an Admiral that's been long overdue, and NOT Data? The Admiral is in his 60s, but he looks like he's in his mid 30s. He's been on Ba'Ku for about 5 years, and the planet has started to de-age him.

During his time on Ba'Ku, Weyoun visists Admiral Dougherty with the promise of using the power of the planet to benefit the Galaxy. Boom. You have an opponent for Riker in Admiral Dougherty.

Meanwhile, the planet starts to affect Picard and Crusher instead of Riker and Troi as in the final film. The result, is a full relationship between the two.

Keep Geordi's eyes somehow. Data could just be a secondary character in the movie, as Troi should be.

Worf should be there as a body guard for Picard, and for kicking the head Jem'Hedar's ass. Dax should be there for interaction with the crew, and commanding the Defiant in battle with The Enterprise.
__________________
A Digital Frontier to shape the human condition...not just a book plug.
Cmndr J Crichton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2010, 09:48 PM   #12
Cmndr J Crichton
Commodore
 
Cmndr J Crichton's Avatar
 
Location: Moya
Re: Deleted Scene from Insurrection

On the subject of the deleted scene, it seems that they wanted to include DS9 in the movie. Imagine the ratings on DS9 if they did this! It would've been the first crossover movie that didn't include the classic crew. Imagine if Worf 's mission to the Briar Patch was so secret, that Sisko had Quark deliver the assignment. On the DS9 promenade and all. How cool would that have been?
__________________
A Digital Frontier to shape the human condition...not just a book plug.
Cmndr J Crichton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2010, 10:48 PM   #13
Too Much Fun
Commodore
 
Too Much Fun's Avatar
 
Re: Deleted Scene from Insurrection

Valin wrote: View Post
^^^But most movie audiences would have had no idea what the Dominion War was. It would have taken too much backstory to explain it.

Plus, say the writers got around that somehow. They wouldn't have ended the war in the movie; casual movie fan would have expected the next film to continue or finish the war. You couldn't end the TNG film with: "To see how the war ends, tune into DS9--check local listings for times and stations."
Not necessarily. Look at how they did the first X-Files movie. They picked up from a storyline that had started on the show. By the end of the movie, it had not been resolved (it would continue on the show), and yet the movie tells a story that is self-contained enough to not completely alienate audience members who had not gone into the movie as fans of the show.

"Insurrection" could have easily dealt with a story of events that took place over the course of the war, leaving its conclusion to be played out on television without confusing casual viewers by seeming only to be the middle of a story with a beginning and end they would not see.

All it would have taken was the kind of careful writing done in that first X-Files movie, instead of the sloppy, undercooked, irrelevant story we got instead. Also, by the time of the second X-Files movie, the storyline of the first one had been resolved on the show, and it didn't matter that the movie didn't explain how. The fourth TNG film wouldn't even have to reference the outcome of the Domnion War, and if it did, a brief mention of how it ended would suffice.
Too Much Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.