RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,684
Members: 24,206
Currently online: 939
Newest member: Trekker_Tokyo

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old February 27 2010, 09:53 PM   #91
KimM
Rear Admiral

Re: post your pet picture thread

^She's gorgeous! Is she a Tibetan Spaniel?
Old February 27 2010, 10:46 PM   #92
Flux Capacitor
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Flux Capacitor

This is Junior, our Maine Coon, when he was only a couple months old.

Here he is today, now a year old.

Yeah. He got big.

My dogs, Phoebe and Max. Phoebe is a Rhodesian Ridgeback/pitbull mix and Max is a Border Collie mix.

And our newest addition to the family, Frankie. (Named after Mr. Sinatra for his blue eyes)

Old February 28 2010, 03:45 AM   #93
think
Rear Admiral

View think's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to think Send a message via AIM to think Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to think Send a message via Yahoo to think

my old kitty called Tiger, he left a long time ago for greener grass
I am experiencing a psychotic break from thinking correctly please stand by as a type this thought exactly as I am thinking it. Dont worry I have done this before.. I am also trying to write again in a trek sim @ http://www.starbase118.net
think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28 2010, 07:50 PM   #94
Sakrysta
Vice Admiral

oldstredshrtevr wrote: View Post
I think it possible she has some TS in her, but the little folds under her eyes are a Pekingese trait. The rescue and foster I got her from say she's a Peke, but she sure favors a Tibetan Spaniel too. I go with the Peke designation.
Old February 28 2010, 07:52 PM   #95
KimM
Rear Admiral

Sakrysta wrote: View Post
I think it possible she has some TS in her, but the little folds under her eyes are a Pekingese trait. The rescue and foster I got her from say she's a Peke, but she sure favors a Tibetan Spaniel too. I go with the Peke designation.
She looks portable too! Our bulldog Max does not understand he is NOT a lap dog. None of ours did - not even the 70 pounder! Gotta love 'em!
Old February 28 2010, 08:55 PM   #96
SPOCKED
Admiral

We've purchased several pricey cat toys for Shimmy over the last 2 years, but none of them ever interested him so much as...

string
SPOCKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28 2010, 09:01 PM   #97
Bears Discover Fire
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Bears Discover Fire

You know those rings you peel off the cap of a new gallon of milk to unseal it for first use?

Screw catnip; those little curly pieces of plastic trash are like feline crack, and I have a furry addict in my house.
Bears Discover Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28 2010, 09:30 PM   #98
SPOCKED
Admiral

Bears Discover Fire wrote: View Post
You know those rings you peel off the cap of a new gallon of milk to unseal it for first use?

Screw catnip; those little curly pieces of plastic trash are like feline crack, and I have a furry addict in my house.
I think I'm going to tie one on to the end of his string!!

btw, 20 minutes ago Shimmy was sleeping on my lap and here's how it went down:

Abby brings the string over and is going to drape it on me in front of him.

me: oh crap, I'm a dead man!!

string toss...

Shimmy digs his ten claws into my flesh

me: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGH!!!

then we both laughed because it really hurt
SPOCKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1 2010, 12:04 AM   #99
Mutenroshi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mutenroshi

There's a cat in my pants:

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Mutenroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1 2010, 12:47 AM   #100
Sakrysta
Vice Admiral

Sakrysta wrote: View Post
She looks portable too! Our bulldog Max does not understand he is NOT a lap dog. None of ours did - not even the 70 pounder! Gotta love 'em!
Sonnet has had to be convinced that she IS a lapdog! She was rescued from a puppy mill, so she had to learn her social skills. She has come a long way in the last couple years. When I first come home, she is more than happy to come sit on my lap now, or rather, jump up in my face and sniff & huff her greetings. She used to not be interested at all. Now, she will spend a little while on my lap, then migrate back to the floor or to the other end of the bed/couch if there's room.

I love it. She likes to cuddle, but she is also content on her own. She doesn't constantly need to be ON me, just WITH me, as in the same room. I love her to bits.
Old March 1 2010, 02:13 AM   #101
J. Allen
Squeaky Clean

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

SPOCKED wrote: View Post
We've purchased several pricey cat toys for Shimmy over the last 2 years, but none of them ever interested him so much as...

string
That picture makes me want to get a cat!
I love my dog though. She's a peach.

-= All fantasy teaches me is that reality sucks. =-
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1 2010, 03:05 AM   #102
KimM
Rear Admiral

Sonnet has had to be convinced that she IS a lapdog! She was rescued from a puppy mill, so she had to learn her social skills. She has come a long way in the last couple years. When I first come home, she is more than happy to come sit on my lap now, or rather, jump up in my face and sniff & huff her greetings. She used to not be interested at all. Now, she will spend a little while on my lap, then migrate back to the floor or to the other end of the bed/couch if there's room.

I love it. She likes to cuddle, but she is also content on her own. She doesn't constantly need to be ON me, just WITH me, as in the same room. I love her to bits. [/QUOTE]

It's wonderful that you were willing to take a chance on a rescue dog. We've taken in two and that came out 50/50. The first one was a big huggy lump of furniture (the 70 pounder who thought he was a lap dog!) who mostly slept and who we adored. The second had been abused and we had to give him back to the rescue organization - which did find an ideal situation for him - we were not willing to keep a biting dog in the house with a child with disabilities.
Old March 1 2010, 03:55 AM   #103
Kestra
Vice Admiral

Here are updated pics of Comet. He's getting so big!

Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1 2010, 06:33 AM   #104
Sakrysta
Vice Admiral

It's wonderful that you were willing to take a chance on a rescue dog.
I was very careful in choosing a dog. I've never had one before, so I wanted to do it right. I couldn't see going with a breeder when there are so many sweet dogs in shelters and rescues that need homes. But I wanted to be sure the dog I got was right for me. I wanted a small dog. I wanted a female because I read that they were easier for first-time owners. I wanted a low-energy dog, because I'm a low-energy person. And, completely superficially of me, I wanted a soft, long-haired doggy.

I didn't do any looking in person until I found a dog that matched what I was looking for. I just knew I would be vulnerable to the first sad face I met. and that's exactly what happened. I went and met her, and immediately put in an application for her.

We're learning the whole doggie-human relationship thing together. It's fun - well, for everyone but the carpet.
Old March 1 2010, 07:25 AM   #105
J. Allen
Squeaky Clean

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

^ Dallie had that problem for the first two weeks. We had taken her off the hands of her previous owners (they threw her out). She had been abused to the point where any sudden action or movement would cause her to pee on the carpet. It got pretty bad at one point, which is about the time we discovered her tail had been broken, like someone had slammed a door on it. However, we loved that little dog and knew she deserved a peaceful, safe home. It took a little while but we got her to realize that we weren't going to hurt her (mainly through my patented method of belly rubs, doggy treats and kisses on the forehead). Even today, though, if there is something sudden enough, she'll still jump like she's afraid to be hit. It makes me angry because I wonder just what they did to her before we had her.

-= All fantasy teaches me is that reality sucks. =-
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote