Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old July 5 2010, 05:44 AM   #316
Kestra
Vice Admiral

Re: post your pet picture thread

Nerdius Maximus wrote: View Post
Awww I love the little white paws!
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5 2010, 07:29 AM   #317
Nerdius Maximus
Fleet Captain

Kestra wrote: View Post
Nerdius Maximus wrote: View Post
Awww I love the little white paws!
He's alright, I guess. We got him not too long ago. He's cute, but he could care less about people. All my other cats have always been really cuddly and affectionate. He just wants you to feed him and leave him alone. Try to pet him and he gets all bitey. Oh well, at least we were able to give him a home. I have three other animals that like to snuggle up with me, so it's no big deal. At least he's not destructive. He's just kind of "there." Maybe someday he'll bond with us more. If not, that's okay. He'll never be as good as his predecessor(Pictured below), Thomas. He was the sweetest cat of all time.

He loved the dogs:

Nerdius Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5 2010, 07:40 AM   #318
Kestra
Vice Admiral

My in-laws have a cat that sounds kind of like that. They said right from when they got him as a kitten, he was never cuddly or anything like that. He's really smart, but not really a people cat. My husband loves that cat but I could never warm up to him. We ended up with a cuddly kitty, but that other cat (Jake) is really affectionate now that he's older. He rubs up against me, hops up on the couch to snuggle, etc. I don't think he'll ever be the most affectionate cat, but we joke about how if young Jake could see what old Jake is like, he'd beat himself up.
Old July 5 2010, 08:00 AM   #319
Thena
Rear Admiral

Location: Taking this graduation business seriously. No, really.
View Thena's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Thena

My sister took in a cat like that as well. This cat apparently doesn't like people or other cats and prefers to be left alone. Her original owner was forced to give her up when the cat didn't get along with his new wife. Her next owner gave her up as well because she didn't get along with the other cats. And at age 15, if she went to a shelter, she probably would get put to sleep. That was too much for my sister, so she adopted her.
Thena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5 2010, 08:48 AM   #320
Santa Claus
Believe

Send a message via ICQ to Santa Claus Send a message via AIM to Santa Claus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Santa Claus Send a message via Yahoo to Santa Claus

My cousin had a cat like that. She was a Persian cat, named Chia, that didn't like people until she got very old. She would always look out the living room window and when I'd pull up in the driveway she'd stare at me like I was trespassing on her lawn.

Toward the end though, she started to approach me more and cuddle up with me. She'd lick my face with her little scratchy tongue and I thought she was just the sweetest cat, and I'd throw her little plastic grocery bags and she'd bat at them for hours, she loved it so much, wouldn't do anything else. It was terribly sad when she passed (she was 17), and I'll never forget that flat little face with those crazy, out of control whiskers. She was a good cat.
❄ A Joyful Holiday Season to You All! ❄

Santa Claus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5 2010, 09:20 AM   #321
CaptMurdock
Commodore

View CaptMurdock's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to CaptMurdock Send a message via Yahoo to CaptMurdock

Our Maine Coon, Gizmo. He's about a year old:
Old July 5 2010, 10:18 AM   #322
captcalhoun
Admiral

CaptMurdock wrote: View Post
you never forget your first Goatse
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5 2010, 12:09 PM   #323
Nerdius Maximus
Fleet Captain

My in-laws have a cat that sounds kind of like that. They said right from when they got him as a kitten, he was never cuddly or anything like that. He's really smart, but not really a people cat. My husband loves that cat but I could never warm up to him. We ended up with a cuddly kitty, but that other cat (Jake) is really affectionate now that he's older. He rubs up against me, hops up on the couch to snuggle, etc. I don't think he'll ever be the most affectionate cat, but we joke about how if young Jake could see what old Jake is like, he'd beat himself up.
Now this one, Gracie, on the other hand, I raised her from just a few weeks of age(The mom was a feral kit, and she'd built her "nest" in my mother-in-law's shed, and she's got about 6 German Shepherds, and the kittens were starting to wander out, and we had to take them before they got eaten.) bottle fed her and everything, so she's unusually attached to me. She wants to be with me all the time. Doesn't care much for anybody else.
Nerdius Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5 2010, 01:09 PM   #324
TrekkieMonster
Commodore

Okay, I don't know what my problem is. I thought I posted this a couple hours ago, but it's not here now.

Anyway, my boys saying hi to their pal, the mail lady

and wondering what daddy's doing with that thing attached to his face

Old July 5 2010, 01:56 PM   #325
TheKeeper
Commander

Too many posts to respond to individually, so let me just say I love all of these critters, be they feline, canine or other!
TheKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5 2010, 04:11 PM   #326
John Picard
Vice Admiral

Maine-Coons totally rawk!
Old July 5 2010, 06:55 PM   #327
Kestra
Vice Admiral

Our cat is part Maine Coon, I think, but I don't know much about cats. We just got him because he was cute, outgoing, and needed a family!
Old July 5 2010, 07:31 PM   #328
CaptMurdock
Commodore

View CaptMurdock's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to CaptMurdock Send a message via Yahoo to CaptMurdock

John Picard wrote: View Post
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85...zmo4-29-10.jpg
Maine-Coons totally rawk!
Gizmo's pretty awesome. He's dealing with the heat better than I thought -- all that fur!

Our cat is part Maine Coon, I think, but I don't know much about cats. We just got him because he was cute, outgoing, and needed a family!
Post a pic here; the Mrs., who is the cat expert in the family, can probably tell if yours is part Maine Coon or not. OTOH, what diff, if you love him...

captcalhoun wrote: View Post
you never forget your first Goatse
???
Old July 5 2010, 09:34 PM   #329
captcalhoun
Admiral

he looks kinda astonished and horrified. just a joke.
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6 2010, 04:59 AM   #330
CaptMurdock
Commodore

^Oh.