RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,698
Members: 24,830
Currently online: 444
Newest member: honeybadger

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old July 21 2010, 05:42 AM   #46
Pegaritaville
Vice Admiral

Re: Official TrekBBS Fantasy Baseball thread!

Oh, I agree. My Yahoo team played the shortened week as a separate match and I got burned in pitching. It's much fairer the way our league does it.
Pegaritaville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30 2010, 08:58 PM   #47
Scout101
Admiral

well, taking my annual 1-week vacation without much for internet connection, so enjoy the free chance to beat on my team, whoever is playing me this time! Tried to set up my players and rotation, but they always dick with it so I miss out on a bunch of stuff by not keeping up with it, so usually a rough week for me...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1 2010, 06:18 PM   #48
Pegaritaville
Vice Admiral

That happens to me quite a bit- I'll set my lineup in advance only to find out later that the rotations have changed or players are benched. Anyway, have fun on your vacation!

All of those trades involving closers has messed up my teams. I was obsessed with getting closers in the draft and worked the waiver wire to get closers throughout the season only to have most of that maneuvering negated.
Old August 27 2010, 06:19 PM   #49
Scout101
Admiral

Ouch, Strasburg needs Tommy John, out until 2012. That trade didn't work out so well for Sportzkid. Glad I sold high, though
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
Old October 4 2010, 06:10 PM   #50
Pegaritaville
Vice Admiral

Congrats to McCosh Almighties for winning the TrekBBS Keeper League! And congrats to Amish Assassins for taking 2nd and to Scout for taking the bronze.

I ended up 4th once again, but at least this time I lost the 3rd place game on a tie-breaker. Getting closer every year..
Old October 4 2010, 07:38 PM   #51
Scout101
Admiral

Yeah, congrats again, McCosh! And tough one, Peg, scrapped that out by just a hair! Keeping the McCosh/Scout/Coaster triumvirate alive for yet another season!

Looking forward to next season, think a full year of Pujols, plus some injury recovery, ought to have me right back in it again.

And, of course, now that the season is over, it's open season on my team for trades, so if you're interested in a trade (either for keepers or draft picks), don't be shy, send me a message!
Old February 4 2011, 08:08 PM   #52
Scout101
Admiral

Uh oh, the league is back up and activated again! Time for me to start working on my Offseason Blockbuster of the year

And as always, shoot trade offers my way. I've got guys I'm willing to trade for draft picks, if you see something you like...
Old February 4 2011, 09:29 PM   #53
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Is there room in this league for one more? I don't think we have the popularity for a yearly league but I still enjoyed those years of a Trekbbs Fantasy Baseball league and I would love to be a part of one again.
Old February 4 2011, 09:35 PM   #54
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile

Yeah... expansion teams!
Old February 4 2011, 09:43 PM   #55
Pegaritaville
Vice Admiral

I just looked at my team- what a mess. I had to jettison a few pitchers to make room for players from last year's DL list. After doing that I see I have three gimpy first basemen. Now I have to decide if I want to keep any of them.
Old February 4 2011, 09:53 PM   #56
Scout101
Admiral

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
Is there room in this league for one more? I don't think we have the popularity for a yearly league but I still enjoyed those years of a Trekbbs Fantasy Baseball league and I would love to be a part of one again.
We can shoot Sportzkid or Coaster a message, but not sure. It's possible there's a deadbeat manager in there somewhere we could pull, not sure if we've taken the headcount to make sure everyone's back this year.

All I know for sure is that Coaster, McCosh, and I will finish 1-2-3 in some order or other. That one's a lock!
Old February 5 2011, 12:44 AM   #57
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile

I will start another one if anyone else is interested...
Old February 5 2011, 01:41 AM   #58
The Habs Fan
Commodore

Everyone on my team is available. Send me trade offers.

Time for the rebuild...
The Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5 2011, 10:16 PM   #59
sportzkid
Rear Admiral

View sportzkid's Twitter Profile

Scout101 wrote: View Post
tomalak301 wrote: View Post
We can shoot Sportzkid or Coaster a message, but not sure. It's possible there's a deadbeat manager in there somewhere we could pull, not sure if we've taken the headcount to make sure everyone's back this year.

All I know for sure is that Coaster, McCosh, and I will finish 1-2-3 in some order or other. That one's a lock!
If we have a dead beat owner I will let you know first.
Also I am very open to trade ideas, even willing to move Ryan Howard. send me offers.
sportzkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2011, 07:15 PM   #60
Pegaritaville
Vice Admiral

Interesting trade that happened in the keeper league. I looked at it several times and I'm still not sure who got the better of the deal. Guess it'll depend on how the traded draft picks pan out.