New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old February 13 2010, 09:40 AM   #1
ElimParra
Fleet Admiral

The National Rugby League 2010 Thread

So finally another year of Rugby League is here. But what is different this is tonight's game is a great way to start the season off. Bring it on ... and go the Eels!!

Great idea from Preston Campbell for the AllStars. Great way to start the season off.
ElimParra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2010, 05:19 PM   #2
Jono
Rear Admiral

Re: The National Rugby League 2010 Thread

Pretty indifferent about the game. Hated the 20 minute quarters and the double try nonsense. Not too hot on it been a pre-season thing either. I'd prefer if it were later when players had form and time under their belts. Plus Skilled Park...what an odd place to have it, I know Campbell is/was a Titan but you would think they would put it in a nice big venue like in Sydney or Melb or Brisbane, of course Suncorp was in use tonight by the Reds and the Tahs but I'm pretty sure the AllStars game was planned long before the 2010 Super 14s schedule was decided on.

Interesting to see how the Raiders go this season. Can't say I've been following anything about them, instead I've been tied up with the Brumbies and the fate Giteau has returned along with Harrison and that Elson was joined not that Giteau or Elson actually played in the first round...it would be funny in a very depressing way if our two major signings ended up sitting most of the season out.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2010, 08:25 AM   #3
ElimParra
Fleet Admiral

Maybe in the next few years it could be moved.

But should bump this thread as tomorrow starts tomorrow with Eels - Dragons match and also in Townsville, Cowboys will play the Broncos. But it's the Eels-Dragons match I'm looking forward too.

I posted my top 8 on FB - Eels, Storm, Bulldogs, Dragons, Titans, Rabbitohs, Cowboys and Tigers. Sharks get the wooden spoon. And Manly miss out due to a poor for and against. But lately I'm thinking the Knights could end up with the wooden spoon.

Also found this today - Headlines you won't see in 2010.
Old March 11 2010, 03:28 PM   #4
Nomad V
Fleet Captain

RUGBY - RUGBY- RUGBY- F___- F___- F___!!! I never get it you never get it we never get it together!!!
Nomad V, Wing, 1981, University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown Club Team
Old March 12 2010, 12:19 PM   #5
Jono
Rear Admiral

Stopped watching the Broncos v Cowboys (I'm in Bris so it is the live game) 5 minutes into the 2nd half with the score 24-0, now its 24-24 and I'm back watching it.

I hold onto hope that the Raiders somehow get into the top 8.

Last edited by Jono; March 12 2010 at 12:42 PM.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2010, 07:45 AM   #6
ElimParra
Fleet Admiral

^ I didn't watch any of that game. Just wasn't interested. I think the Eels can bounce back next week. The early amount of ball the Dragons had didn't help us.

Interesting round of league. Unpredictable win by the Knights last night.

Currently watching the Roosters - Rabbitohs game. Souths have been poor (except for Burgress). I think Carney could be MoM.