Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Closed Thread

Old January 28 2012, 08:09 PM   #751
CorporalClegg
Admiral

Re: STO Trek BBS Fleet

Rocketeer wrote: View Post
Sorry, but I posted the moment I found out.
Oh no I was just laughing at the irony. But all is well, because I was able to get it to work.

I created my engineer and got the Enterprise stuff easy enough. I didn't try it out or anything. Just skipped the tutorial, got my stuff and went to bed. Though I haven't figured out how to get the skill boost. Typically with those things they send them to you in the mail, but I haven't received it yet.

I also went ahead and bought some more tokens to buy the extra character slots, so I have access to both when the ten days are up. I picked-up a Delta Flyer with the leftovers. I messed around with it some this morning. It sure is fun! Now I only hope Timelord decides to do another small craft event.

To be honest, I haven't read the user agreement since I started in 2010. I don't remember if there are any restrictions on having more that one account. One of my friends had 3 gold memberships (1 life and 2 recurring) for testing ship builds. However, I haven't seen him since SWTOR came out.
That's pretty hardcore. But usually with P2P games "multi-boxing" isn't against the rules. It's certainly frowned upon and considered discourteous to fellow players, but they're getting more money from those that do it. What do they care.

But several of the F2P games I've played (Including other PWE games) have it written in the EULA that it's against the rules.

Though I'm surprised your friend isn't getting sick of SWTOR. I know am, and I absolutely adore it. But for one thing there are still a lot of kinks it needs to work out, and it's one of those games where it's really easy to get burned out on over playing. I kind of did.

In fact, I'm seriously considering canceling my sub and just focusing on STO until the next major update which is supposed to be Late March early April.

Just curious if you work at WSMR. That's where I picked up this identity. I used to love working the research rocket missions.
Nope. Though it would be an awesome job to have. I was just never too good at the maths.

I love going down there though. White Sands itself is one of the coolest places on Earth IMO. You can toboggan in the middle of summer.

But I like going down there just because there's so much cool stuff that flies into Holloman on a regular basis. B-52s and Bones fly in an out of there all the time. I saw an F-117 there once and even a pair of F-22s last summer. My brother saw a B-2 there a while back; I wasn't with him, unfortunately.
Old January 29 2012, 12:27 PM   #752
Rocketeer
Captain

Sometimes it's difficult to tell the poster's meaning. Just letting you know that I passed that info to TrekBBS as soon as it was relayed to me.

The Delta Flyer is cool. Jho'dig has even completed a few of the Borg Incursions in it.

White Sands was the funnest job I've ever had, but the high desert caused health problems for us. We enjoy living in Germany as it's a lot greener. I was in the Air Force many years ago (in a galaxy far away) and I still enjoy being around planes. Occasionally we drive to Ramstein Air Base for eating and shopping and watching the C-5s fly overhead.

Considering FEDCON 23 in Dusseldorf, 29 May - 1 Jun 2014
Old January 30 2012, 12:07 PM   #753
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Last call for entrys into the House of TrekBBS uniform design contest.

Use your chance to win a very rare Photonic Science Officer, your very own Holographic Doctor!

I will put up the voting thread on thursday.

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=157945
Old February 2 2012, 05:33 AM   #754
mclea1mm
Lieutenant Junior Grade

View mclea1mm's Twitter Profile

Hi guys! Despite my non-existent post count, I've lurked on TrekBBS for a while. I've been playing STO since the game switched to free-to-play. It would be great to join up and see some of you in-game. Domm@Phineus
Old February 2 2012, 08:19 AM   #755
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

mclea1mm wrote: View Post
Hi guys! Despite my non-existent post count, I've lurked on TrekBBS for a while. I've been playing STO since the game switched to free-to-play. It would be great to join up and see some of you in-game. Domm@Phineus
That's ok. Will invite you later. You gain full memship with all the perks as soon as you get more posts under your belt.
Until then your bank access is a bit more restricted but you can pick up your fleet uniform and have fleet chat access.
Old February 2 2012, 09:11 AM   #756
CorporalClegg
Admiral

Speaking of fleet chat, I must play at all the wrong times because no one is ever there. I always feel so alone.
Old February 2 2012, 10:10 AM   #757
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
Speaking of fleet chat, I must play at all the wrong times because no one is ever there. I always feel so alone.
When do you play?

And make sure you join the TrekBBS Subspace Com channel, we hardly ever use default fleet chat, because the custom one is global from Federation to KDF to even Champions Online...
Old February 2 2012, 10:43 AM   #758
intrinsical
Fleet Captain

Its the same for me too!
Old February 2 2012, 01:40 PM   #759
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

intrinsical wrote: View Post
Its the same for me too!
We have always had fluctuations depending on content.
I can promise that the fleet will have a few busy days with the event and the next weeks shouldn't be much worse while the Dominion Series is running.
So definitely a good time to log in, team up with your fleet mates, get to know them a bit better.

In my experience the social contacts are the most important part for the content light phases later to keep the game interesting.
Being a good team mate and friend in the fleet will encourage others to log in more.
If everybody picks up this attitude you will at least at prime time see a pretty busy roster.

We are still a bit Europe heavy, so between 7pm and 23pm middle european time should be the most people online.
That would be more afternoon for East Coasters...

I am not sure if we get a second peak time among US members since I am soundly asleep 4-5 hours later.

And of course weekends are always a bit busier.

Most members should have basic event privileges.

If you roughly know when you log in and what you are going to do in a broad sense just post it there.
Other people can then check your schedule and arrange their own online times accordingly and coordinate better with you.

We have teh tool, utilize it if it helps to strengthen our community.
Old February 2 2012, 01:42 PM   #760
Rocketeer
Captain

I'm in Germany (timezone GMT+1) usually on 10pm to midnight, but occasionally get a chance to get on before. Recommend that you use the fleet private channel if possible.

Timelord - can F2P join the custom chat channel?
Old February 2 2012, 01:48 PM   #761
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Rocketeer wrote: View Post
I'm in Germany (timezone GMT+1) usually on 10pm to midnight, but occasionally get a chance to get on before. Recommend that you use the fleet private channel if possible.

Timelord - can F2P join the custom chat channel?
Yes. That works. You might have to log 20 hours playtime or complete at least one transaction of any kind to unlock private messages to other players beyond your friend list, but that's the only limitation I am aware of.
Old February 2 2012, 01:50 PM   #762
Trek
Fleet Captain

I'm in the UK and I'm normally online between 9pm and 12am GMT.

BTW - Anyone interested in doing a Bortas mission Event as well as the Odyssey one of the the next few days?
Twitter: @Trek88
Old February 2 2012, 05:03 PM   #763
Scout101
Admiral

I try to be on for at least a little bit in the 6-8pm EST timeframe, and am there for 30-40 min in the mornings, 6:30-7am EST. Swapping out my DOFFs in the mornings, again after work, and then usually run a mission or two, or a couple STFs in the evening timeframe. Every now and then in the 9pm-11pm timeframe, if there's nothing on TV and I'm bored. Available if anyone wants mission backup, or something from the bank.

(Scout or Richard)@JScout33

I've got a KDF character, but she's not in the BBS fleet. Made another KDF toon, should probably at least add him at some point, if I get around to it...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Old February 2 2012, 07:54 PM   #764
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

The Odyssey mission can't be run in teams or even be repeated for that matter....so everyone just go ahead and get it.
No need to wait for the scheduled event.
Old February 3 2012, 06:44 AM   #765
BoxWhatBox
Commander

Okay... I'm being lazy and don't feel like reading 51 pages of comments... What is the trekbbs fleet name? I've been playing STO a lot lately and thought joining a fleet might be fun. My STO character is Miranda @ BoxWhatBox if someone could send me an invite.