Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Closed Thread

Old January 16 2012, 08:52 AM   #676
Kaziarl
Commodore

Re: STO Trek BBS Fleet

So in regards to adding stuff to the bank and organizing it, probably not worth the time? Which is fine, was just thinking it'd give me something to do while I'm working my way up to 46.
Old January 16 2012, 10:15 AM   #677
Blamo
Fleet Captain

Kaziarl wrote: View Post
So in regards to adding stuff to the bank and organizing it, probably not worth the time? Which is fine, was just thinking it'd give me something to do while I'm working my way up to 46.
If you need help or someone to help speed up the missions, just give me a shout. I've been playing my KDF (Grothoks) a lot this past week or so.
Old January 16 2012, 10:23 AM   #678
Kaziarl
Commodore

Oh it's not that, although I might take you up on that offer. I dont mind doing the various dailies, I was just thinking if I could put the data samples into the fleet bank it could help others out too. But if no one really plays on that side, or is going to use it, then I'll just stick it in my own bank.

Not sure when I'll be on the KDF side again, tomorrows the F2P launch, so I'll probably be spending the next couple days or so helping the Blackheart get started with the game.
Old January 17 2012, 01:19 AM   #679
Kaziarl
Commodore

Ok, so I did some work on the bank, although not much since we only have the one tab for now. I know you guys said the KDF fleet isn't used much, but I figure that might change after tomorrow, so why not get started on it.

Unfortunately, right in the middle of crafting some schematics to put in the bank, my internet dropped and now the account server keeps timing out. oi... Anyway, I'll get the schematics and data samples back in there once I can get in again.

Edit: From the launcher - Holodeck is down for emergency maintenance. We are currently addressing the issue.

Guess thats why I can't get back in. I wonder what happened.
Old January 17 2012, 01:22 AM   #680
LeadHead
Director of Comedy

Location: Either in the Sirius Sector Block or on the Normandy SR-2

I don't think it was you. Holodeck Server just went down without warning. Their website now says it's emergency maintenance. Really worried about the Free to play launch now. Things like this make it doubtful that they're properly prepared for it.

Check out the Caption contests in the TOS, TNG and Movies I-X forums!
Old January 17 2012, 01:42 AM   #681
Scout101
Admiral

I'm sure they aren't. Haven't been able to keep up with the current customer base, what makes anyone think an influx of non-paying customers will make things easier?
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Old January 17 2012, 09:25 AM   #682
Rocketeer
Captain

Kaziarl wrote: View Post
Ok, I got a couple questions.

1) Does anyone know if Silver accounts can make a fleet? (Not me, another group)

And

2) Would you guys like another fleet to work with after the F2P launch?

I'm a member of a fan group, the USS Blackheart. You may have seen their name over at Memory Alpha, as we sponsor them. Anyway, many of them are quite excited for the F2P launch, and from what I know of Emmett, he's going to want to start his own fleet for the Blackheart. I figure I might take one of my characters over there, but I still want to stay with you guys.

Oh, and most of these guys (though we do have a couple of lifers) are going to be brand new. So it'd probably be a while before they could participate in STFs depending on how fast they play, but I thought I'd throw the idea out there now so the high and mighty's in the fleet could think about it.
I think working with Emmett Plant and the rest of the USS Blackheart would be a positive thing. The creativity and fresh perspective they would bring would be refreshing. BTW - when did the Blackheart leave Starfleet?

I'm the Search and Rescue team leader for the USS Vanguard and the Deputy Chief of Staff for Region 9 (Europe). As the Vanguard is an online gaming group, a few of them will be trying out STO.

Considering FEDCON 23 in Dusseldorf, 29 May - 1 Jun 2014

Last edited by Rocketeer; January 17 2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old January 17 2012, 09:31 AM   #683
Rocketeer
Captain

Don't assume that there will be many f2p Kliingons initially. They can't play on the KDF side until they make commander on the FED side.
Old January 17 2012, 09:34 AM   #684
Rocketeer
Captain

Scout101 wrote: View Post
I'm sure they aren't. Haven't been able to keep up with the current customer base, what makes anyone think an influx of non-paying customers will make things easier?
What are you saying? - That free-2-play is not the panacea we're expecting it to be.
Old January 17 2012, 12:24 PM   #685
Scout101
Admiral

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
Old January 17 2012, 06:09 PM   #686
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

I have to announce another big change.
With F2P I simplified the fleet uniform further...
From now on there is just one uniform for all members.
And for the first time it represents the TrekBBS with the correct Board colors (well, as close as i could get them anyway).
So hooray for the new board design which made this possible!

Female version 1. If you don't liek skirts, there is a version 2 with pants, too.

Last edited by Timelord Victorious; January 17 2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old January 17 2012, 06:50 PM   #687
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Apparently silver players can't join any custom chat channels.
So for the time being please use the default fleet channel to communicate with all fleet members, unless you wish to talk to players on KDF side as well of course, if necessary double post in both channels.
Unfortuately that means any silver players on alternate non aligned toons can't participate in fleet chats for the time being.

I will try to find out if this intentional or just a bug.
Old January 17 2012, 11:57 PM   #688
SeerSGB
Admiral

Promised myself that I wouldn't get into (yet) another MMO. But after tinkering around with STO for a couple hours....sigh....yeah, I'm going to try to squeeze it in

Behold my flagship, the USS Temeraire

Old January 18 2012, 03:48 AM   #689
Scout101
Admiral

Ooooo, got a fleet promotion

I assume the new Fleet uniform is intended to be career field-specific, and not blue for everyone? Or are they now blue for all? Think I'd prefer still doing red/gold/blue for the colored part, and keeping the rest common. That's how I set mine up, then came back here and noticed that all yours were blue. I just like the look of this uniform in the red and gold colors as well as blue, but if anyone else has an opinion...
Old January 18 2012, 09:20 AM   #690
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Ooooo, got a fleet promotion

I assume the new Fleet uniform is intended to be career field-specific, and not blue for everyone? Or are they now blue for all? Think I'd prefer still doing red/gold/blue for the colored part, and keeping the rest common. That's how I set mine up, then came back here and noticed that all yours were blue. I just like the look of this uniform in the red and gold colors as well as blue, but if anyone else has an opinion...
Yes, congratulations on your promotion. I guess this makes you the new US based fleet adjutant on watch...

The Uniform is supposed to be blue for everyone. As you may have noticed, it has the actual TrekBBS board colors now.
There is also no longer a distinction between normal members and adjutants.
Possible variations: Female members have a skirt or pants. If you have it, you can use the Open Jacket and the Jupiter Belt goes great with the rest.
Closed Thread